XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tylerh1701']Wasn't a big fan of Alien Hominid. Graphics are really cool, but gameplay didn't do anything for me.[/QUOTE]

I picked this up a long time ago and felt the same way after some short time with it. I'll have to go back and try again to see if I missed something or was just in a bad mood.

[quote name='ooga']KOF? BlazBlue?[/QUOTE]

You nailed my two favorites of this generation! Sometimes BlazBlue's combo craziness can get overwhelming, but it's fun and there's tons to do in the latest version.

KoFXIII really nailed it for me. You need very precise input, but when you start pulling off big combos in that game, it's very satisfying. Being able to roll is nice too.

Hmm, I'll have to try the Alien Hominid HD demo out sometime. It's been awhile since it's been on sale, so maybe I'll take advantage of it.

Also, take this as a rumor at the moment, but the PS site had Jet Set Radio listed for June 26th, though it was later removed. If it's true, then it could be hitting XBLA the next day.

I'm pretty sure I beat Alien Hominid. I think it has infinite continues.

Or at least once you make it to the next level it unlocks in chapter select, so I just ramped the lives way up and beat 1 level at a time. Either way, I'm pretty sure I beat it.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']For anyone who has alien hominid, is the diffculty really that bad? Alot of reviews say that the game is very hard to beat.[/QUOTE]
Nah it really wasn't. In terms of achievement one really annoyed me and that was the 40 heads bitten off in a row also if you own castle crashers you can play as alien hominid in the game

[quote name='Royal High Knight']For anyone who has alien hominid, is the diffculty really that bad? Alot of reviews say that the game is very hard to beat.[/QUOTE]Perhaps I just really suck, but I thought the difficulty was ridiculously high. Made it though one level and never booted it up again.

Its pretty hard but infinite continues. Some of the achievements are a bitch. It was an ok game when it came out because there were very little decent arcade games but now I wouldn't recommend it. Only reason I ever bought it was to get the alien in Castle Crashers.

[quote name='pastorscott19']Perhaps I just really suck, but I thought the difficulty was ridiculously high. Made it though one level and never booted it up again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I did when I first bought it during a sale 2.5 years ago. I finally forced myself through it about a year ago, but like I said never really had that much fun.

I Agree alien hominid is difficult and honestly not fun. I would not recommend.

Also, I started my Japanese account and noticed street fighter content had a sale. SF III was on sale for 600, and SF IV is on sale as well. If it was mentioned already, sorry

[quote name='Royal High Knight']For anyone who has alien hominid, is the diffculty really that bad? Alot of reviews say that the game is very hard to beat.[/QUOTE]
I don't get the hate. It's hard, but a lot of fun. It's sort of a more challenging Metal Slug with a different sense of humor.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use European dlc on an American Xbox? If I make a European Xbox acount can I Download it and use it with the American version of the game? This is FF13-2 DLC.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't get the hate. It's hard, but a lot of fun. It's sort of a more challenging Metal Slug with a different sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's a good time.

[quote name='KtMack23']Does anyone know if there is a way to use European dlc on an American Xbox? If I make a European Xbox acount can I Download it and use it with the American version of the game? This is FF13-2 DLC.[/QUOTE]

Well, first you have to download it, and the only way to do that is with a proxy (at least to download the last 1%), otherwise the Xbox will delete the file once it's done downloading. If it's your first time downloading it to a console, it'll be tied to that console, and anyone logged into it can use it with no problems. If not, you'll have to either go online and transfer the license, or just log in with the account that downloaded it (you can just have it logged in as second player or something, though).

Putting my 2 cents in saying Alien Hominid was an awesome game. Sure, it's pretty difficult, and if you're an achievement junkie, you probably won't get past 100gs in it, but for what it is, no doubt worth the 400 points.

Alien Hominid was fun but the Metal Slug and Hard Corps Uprising offerings on XBLA are so much better. I can't go back to AH

[quote name='airco']Well, first you have to download it, and the only way to do that is with a proxy (at least to download the last 1%), otherwise the Xbox will delete the file once it's done downloading. If it's your first time downloading it to a console, it'll be tied to that console, and anyone logged into it can use it with no problems. If not, you'll have to either go online and transfer the license, or just log in with the account that downloaded it (you can just have it logged in as second player or something, though).[/QUOTE]

I've downloaded tons of stuff to completion from the EU marketplace amongst others without using a proxy. Including the Opponent Omega free FF XIII-2 dlc. However I haven't tested to see whether it's compatible.

I bought it in the past and found the difficulty made the game not fun. Super Meat Boy difficulty, it is not. Just my opinion though but I don't think I got 5 dollars of worth out of it. If you're someone who hates how easy games can be in the present, then you should go for it though.

[quote name='hexa']I've downloaded tons of stuff to completion from the EU marketplace amongst others without using a proxy. Including the Opponent Omega free FF XIII-2 dlc. However I haven't tested to see whether it's compatible.[/QUOTE]
Well, that's based off of my experience with the HK marketplace. If you don't need a proxy for EU (although I can't imagine why you wouldn't), then great.

[quote name='airco']Well, that's based off of my experience with the HK marketplace. If you don't need a proxy for EU (although I can't imagine why you wouldn't), then great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's weird. Because I bought and beat Castle Crashers from the EU marketplace when it was half off a few months back. I also got that awful D&D game free from the Taiwanese market and Binary Domain dlc off the Japanese market all without proxy.

AH is by no means an easy 200, but it's not an overly difficult 200 either. I think recent game design has made a lot of us soft. The only chievo I had trouble with was the one where you have to beat the final boss without using a continue, but you'll get it after a few tries once you get the patterns down.

[quote name='hexa']Yeah that's weird. Because I bought and beat Castle Crashers from the EU marketplace when it was half off a few months back. I also got that awful D&D game free from the Taiwanese market and Binary Domain dlc off the Japanese market all without proxy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've never needed a proxy for anything other than that games on demand Monster Hunter japanese game. Some dlc for other regions work with US games but some don't probably best to google online to see if anyone has tried.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']oh wow now i have to reconsider this. The main reason I would buy the game was to unlock the alien for castle crashers, but now I dunno.[/QUOTE]
I just bought it. It's fun, but prepare to die a lot the first time you play any level. Then go back through level select and replay it, should beat it just fine. It isn't easy, but so far it's been fun. Just don't play it when you're already stressed out.

[quote name='Dieidiotscum']I just bought it. It's fun, but prepare to die a lot the first time you play any level. Then go back through level select and replay it, should beat it just fine. It isn't easy, but so far it's been fun. Just don't play it when you're already stressed out.[/QUOTE]

Oh see I can stressed very easily. See you just added another negative for me, but ill still most likely buy this game.

[quote name='Dieidiotscum']Aw man, I literally just bought Alien Hominid yesterday x_x[/QUOTE]
Always come to this thread first before you buy something.

[quote name='simmias']AH is by no means an easy 200, but it's not an overly difficult 200 either. I think recent game design has made a lot of us soft. The only chievo I had trouble with was the one where you have to beat the final boss without using a continue, but you'll get it after a few tries once you get the patterns down.[/QUOTE]

This This This

Does anyone knows if the main game of Alien hominid can be played in online Co-op? I heard once that you can't but I don't know.

OK this is pissing me off. I've made foreign accounts before for free games and I Googled it. But I can't seem to difhre out how in the hell to make a European Xbox account. Anyone care to help?

[quote name='KtMack23']OK this is pissing me off. I've made foreign accounts before for free games and I Googled it. But I can't seem to difhre out how in the hell to make a European Xbox account. Anyone care to help?[/QUOTE]

I made one long ago, and I remember it was ridiculously tedious. Their postal code system is mind numbing.

Won't a UK account do?

Just make a hotmail/gmail email account. Make sure that the address inside the options of the account is "UK" (very important!). It doesn't have to be a .co.uk account, but inside the account options it must specify UK. Then go to http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/Home and knock out a new Gamertag with your new UK email address.

This game can be challenging, like old school Battle Toads challenging (in 2D with bullets), but you can start at the last level you were on if you lose all your lives... Half a year ago, my 4 year old bugged me until I'd let him buy this game just so he could unlock the alien in Castle Crashers. He used his own money. We ended up playing AH together and had fun..... Still haven't beat it yet though. :)

[quote name='simmias']AH is by no means an easy 200, but it's not an overly difficult 200 either. I think recent game design has made a lot of us soft. The only chievo I had trouble with was the one where you have to beat the final boss without using a continue, but you'll get it after a few tries once you get the patterns down.[/QUOTE]

Game design has definitely gotten people soft. By no means would I really call the game hard. In my opinion the game was an easy 200/200, but after playing game series like Contra, Metal Slug, and Mega Man (any platformer shooter really) I guess I'm just used to it.

[quote name='KtMack23']OK this is pissing me off. I've made foreign accounts before for free games and I Googled it. But I can't seem to difhre out how in the hell to make a European Xbox account. Anyone care to help?[/QUOTE]

The easiest way is using your xbox 360. Do not use a profile or load one until after you change your local country to a European/Asian/NA country. After that, create a profile and join live. Fill out the form and you are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wallace suka']the easiest way is using your xbox 360. Do not use a profile or load one until after you change your local country to a european/asian/na country. After that, create an profile and join live. Fill out the form and you are done.[/quote]

thank you

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Game design has definitely gotten people soft. By no means would I really call the game hard. In my opinion the game was an easy 200/200, but after playing game series like Contra, Metal Slug, and Mega Man (any platformer shooter really) I guess I'm just used to it.[/QUOTE]

This game is piece of cake compared to Metal Slug 3,Hard Corps Uprising indeed. ;)

I finally bought Alien Hominid. I've wanted it for some time now. 400 ms points was reasonable to me, I used to play this game on Newgrounds a lot, and always had fun.

My 2 cents on Alien Hominid difficulty since everyone else is talking about it and I bought it on Friday. The game itself is relatively easy. Chance are you will get a game over screen before the end even on the easy difficulty however since as soon as you start a level you can restart from that level at anytime with all your lives and continues back it makes the game beatable by anyone.

Achievement wise 150/200 easily gotten in maybe 4 or 5 hours. Last two achievements can be a pain in the ass though.

Just bought Double Fine Happy Action Theater. It looks like something my 4 year-old will have a blast with. I didn't even know the game existed until I read this thread. I also couldn't find it easily on the Marketplace - that thing is a nightmare of typical Microsoft crappy user-interface design. It wasn't listed under "D" (or "H"). I finally found it way down the list of "Most Popular".

Back from E3! :)

[quote name='airco']Well, that's based off of my experience with the HK marketplace. If you don't need a proxy for EU (although I can't imagine why you wouldn't), then great.[/QUOTE]

Some stuff is region-locked and/or requires a proxy, and some stuff isn't. The only way to tell is by searching online or just getting some points and trying to buy the stuff.

Just a follow-up on my Happy Action Theater purchase. I would highly recommend this for anyone with kids (say younger than 11 or 12) or maybe just anyone in general looking for a fun distraction on Kinect.

It does 2 things really well that are utter failures on many Kinect games:

1) It starts right up with the games without requiring "recoginition" or arm waving though 5 layers of menus. This is critical to making it a fun experience for kids in particular. What this game is, basically, is a series of EyeToy-like minigames. Nearly all of them are very good (and light years beyond the Eye Toy stuff). But the game just starts right up in one of them, then proceeeds through them all at regular intervals until you stop it. A very simple and yet elegant design for a Kinect game.

2) It also recognizes multiple people instantly and addes them into the game. Other people walking behind or in/out of the frame don't screw things up. My 9 and 4 year old boys were playing seamlessly even when one or the other would go out of frame or their 2 year old sister would wonder into it (and she would even show up on screen on occasion). For most of the games, it recognizes a person (and apparently up to 6 at once based on one of the achievements) and puts them into the game flawlessly. Sometimes this is as a crazy dancing figure, sometimes piloting a spaceship, sometimes just standing where you are.

I can tell you that the two boys got a great workout from one full session and my 4 year-old is sleeping soundly now as a result ;).

For $5 this is well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back