XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Saren Arterius']Resident evil 4, Code veronica, Crysis and Deathsmiles 2X all 75% off that would be 400 MSP per game.[/QUOTE]

Toss in Raiden Fighters Aces and Raiden IV (though that one would be 800 MSP).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Should I expect more than $60 games (Madden 12, FIFA 12, Gears 3, MW3) to be a part of this sale? I get the feeling that there's a catch that on he knows about since they've never been this bold with sales for GoD games.

Also, I read GonD as Ghandi in my mind. Microsoft is creating a new service for peaceful, family-friendly titles?[/QUOTE]

You're probably right about it being the $60 titles, altho I'd still consider FIFA 12 for $15 despite my distaste for digital forms of disc-based games.

[quote name='LordVila']Don't be so melodramatic. It was a typo not some evil scheme by Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to imply that it was a scheme. More just that it was a good way to make a 75% off sale look bad.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Underpromise = three years of 25-33% off deals
Overdeliver = one 75% off sale after three years of mediocre deals[/QUOTE]

There ya go! Three years of underpromising takes dedication! Lol

[quote name='tylerh1701']Didn't see this mentioned, but Major Nelson conveniently changed the date of the GoD sale:

75% Off Select GonD Titles (several publishers) 19-Jun to 25-Jun[/QUOTE]

Scumbag much, system fails, oh i know well delay it, im sure fans will be happy :twoguns:

[quote name='tylerh1701']Didn't see this mentioned, but Major Nelson conveniently changed the date of the GoD sale:

75% Off Select GonD Titles (several publishers) 19-Jun to 25-Jun[/QUOTE]Dammit, I've been waiting for this all day. Thanks or the heads-up.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, I saw it on MN's twitter. I laughed.[/QUOTE]

Wow, way to capitalize on an internet fad.

Curses! Now I have to wait until next week to discover that Crysis isn't discounted and just buy it at regular price anyway.

I have a feeling that 75% off means that it will be the likes of Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and Viva Pinata on sale.

Look at it this way. Back when we had decent sales everyone would argue whether it was worth to have Xbox live gold just for access to the sales. Now that the sales are awful and the only decent ones are available to everybody anyway, at least we've put one topic of debate behind us.

Always a bright side!

[quote name='biledriver'] at least we've put one topic of debate behind us.
[/QUOTE]

You know this is the internet...no topic is ever behind us. And "debate" is usually a loose term. :D

[quote name='cancerman1120']You know this is the internet...no topic is ever behind us. And "debate" is usually a loose term. :D[/QUOTE]
The internet works on a cycle, so it's always a matter of time before a topic is relevant again.

[quote name='biledriver']Look at it this way. Back when we had decent sales everyone would argue whether it was worth to have Xbox live gold just for access to the sales. Now that the sales are awful and the only decent ones are available to everybody anyway, at least we've put one topic of debate behind us.

Always a bright side![/QUOTE]

That's true. I have no plans to renew Gold unless I stumble on a deal for ~$20/year.

"It's in the bone!" Haha and thanks for posting that Bosamba!

I have had like eight bucks on the console for about three weeks, last one I bought was Bejeweled 3 for 600 points (which was a pretty good deal imo).

I have a feeling it will be sitting there for a while. These deals are kind of confusing to figure out sometimes, it doesn't help that Major's blog seems to get something wrong initially every week.

Picked up Red Dead Redemption since it's trading into Best Buy for $6 with bonuses almost get back what I put in, and I can just pick up some more points.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']My theory is, MS does shitty deals for good amount of time, so we spend on MSP on games or dlc for full price cause we've been waiting so long for a sale. I know I do.[/QUOTE]
Yeah no one would buy anything day one if they MS kept discounting shit people wanted. Just buy RE, Crysis and stop waiting.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah no one would buy anything day one if they MS kept discounting shit people wanted. Just buy RE, Crysis and stop waiting.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I might just do that, or I guess I might jump and get that anotholgy collection that they recently announced, even though I have all the re 5 dlc. Hey if there's a certain game that I really want then screw it, im getting it right away.

[quote name='JStryke']Maybe it's just me, but when they announced the Resident Evil 6 Collector's Edition and it had both RE4 and Code Veronica, my belief of a sale on either of those two games have gone down at least for now.[/QUOTE]

What?! I bought the first day for 1860 MSP each...haven't played touched any of them yet lol ._.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah no one would buy anything day one if they MS kept discounting shit people wanted. Just buy RE, Crysis and stop waiting.[/QUOTE]
They could have deals on games on day one to encourage them to buy those games sooner.

People in this thread need to realize that most sales occur because a game isn't selling well.

They're getting discounted for a reason, and that's because they're trying to move copies of games that wouldn't sell otherwise.

Not always true. Some of the sales are done to coincide with an upcoming sequel as a way to create discussions/hype or have those unfamiliar with the upcoming game catch up by playing the previous release(s).

Or I just don't buy XBL games because I have enough games that DO go on sale to keep me busy instead. If MS doesn't want to stay competitive with other online services, that's fine with me.

No, he is right. If you really want it, just buy it.

There is very little point in waiting months and years to save $5 (again,for a game you really want), and let's be real, it would just go in most CAG's backlog they love bragging about.

Alright I got Alien Hominid HD! Now if only I could use my remaining points to buy that $2 for 2 Months of Gold thing.

Is there a reason why we can't use Microsoft Points as money towards purchasing Gold Membership? I'll check the OP and google soon...

Edit: Found nothing in the OP or google except that Microsoft is phasing out points at the end of the year. Also, just joined Xbox rewards.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
Edit: Found nothing in the OP or google except that Microsoft is phasing out points at the end of the year. Also, just joined Xbox rewards.[/QUOTE]
Last I heard, that was a rumor. Is that confirmed?

Ugh, not the point phasing out rumor again. The ONLY source on that rumor was from a mobile game website and no one else has reported or brought it up since and this was a few months back.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Last I heard, that was a rumor. Is that confirmed?[/QUOTE]

Still a rumor, but a lot of people really believe it.

between changing point cards and updating xbox.com as well as the marketplace seems like a lot of effort for no gain I dont understand why they would do so

Another sad week, From Dust for 800 Points and that it?

Miss MS had larger weekly sales, especially for OLD shiT thats been out from years? Sony does much better job (bigger selection) with it's weekly sales. Miss a sale, don't worry Sony usually has them back within 1/2 years time--with MS it's miss it and you'll never see it again it :(.

I have 8000+ MS points and I'm waiting for the same freaking DLC packs to go on sale for what seems like forever.

why don't you spend the points on what you want play and enjoy some gaming rather than sit on the points and get angry each week? [quote name='Ymeegod']Another sad week, From Dust for 800 Points and that it?

Miss MS had larger weekly sales, especially for OLD shiT thats been out from years? Sony does much better job (bigger selection) with it's weekly sales. Miss a sale, don't worry Sony usually has them back within 1/2 years time--with MS it's miss it and you'll never see it again it :(.

I have 8000+ MS points and I'm waiting for the same freaking DLC packs to go on sale for what seems like forever.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pastorscott19']why don't you spend the points on what you want play and enjoy some gaming rather than sit on the points and get angry each week?[/QUOTE]

Hoarding points is way more fun! :booty:

[quote name='eastx']Hoarding points is way more fun! :booty:[/QUOTE]

I've never understood peoples logic when it comes to these like this. If you really want it, buy it and don't complain..do something about it. People get points free via Bing so to some extent, it's not really costing you much except time. Just let the points pile up if you want, only person losing out is you. Keep dreaming for that 'sale', likely chance of it happening is slim.

I'd love to sit on my points, but at this point over 4k of them are expiring in just a few weeks and these sales aren't doing me any favors.
It's looking like I'll have to engage in a non-sale shopping spree. It's uncharacteristic for me, but it's gotta be done at this rate.

[quote name='Gram']I'd love to sit on my points, but at this point over 4k of them are expiring in just a few weeks and these sales aren't doing me any favors.
It's looking like I'll have to engage in a non-sale shopping spree. It's uncharacteristic for me, but it's gotta be done at this rate.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, where did you get the points that are expiring?

Checked a few pages back and only saw people mentioning the Resident 6 package, but not detailing it. So here's some more solid info about the Resident Evil Archives Collection which is coming out October 2 for $89.99

RESIDENT EVIL 6 ARCHIVES (360)
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD
Resident Evil Degeneration (DVD film)

Code Veronica, RE4 & RE5 will be download codes with it's respective dlc. GREAT deal if you haven't bought anything Resident Evil related(like me).

If you planned on getting RE6 day one, then you're getting RE5 with all it's dlc, RE4, RE:CV and the dvd for ONLY $20 extra. That's pretty awesome when you consider the GoD versions of RE4 and CV are $20 apiece. Day One purchase for me!!!

[quote name='Dustinator']Checked a few pages back and only saw people mentioning the Resident 6 package, but not detailing it. So here's some more solid info about the Resident Evil Archives Collection which is coming out October 2 for $89.99

RESIDENT EVIL 6 ARCHIVES (360)
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD
Resident Evil Degeneration (DVD film)

I'm assuming that Code Veronica and RE4 will be download codes and RE5 will be a physical disc with codes to download it's respective dlc. GREAT deal if you haven't bought anything Resident Evil related(like me).

If you planned on getting RE6 day one, then you're getting RE5 with all it's dlc, RE4, RE:CV and the dvd for ONLY $20 extra. That's pretty awesome when you consider the GoD versions of RE4 and CV are $20 apiece. Day One purchase for me!!![/QUOTE]

Games wise only RE6 is physical disc, all the other games are digital; even RE5.

The DVD I am not sure about

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back