XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Sway']Double Fine Happy Action Theater sequel (working title) live stream currently live at GiantBomb. Stream is over but the archive will be found on the Giant Bomb videos page hopefully soon.
Sequel to Double Fine Happy Action Theater, GB Quick Look EX if you need a refresher.
Info so far:
-If you purchased Happy Action Theater, the game will detect that and include all the activities for you to select in TV.
-6 player skeleton tracking
-Minecraft props shown
-Voice commands
-Ninja Turtle and Street Fighter 2 homage in the Fruit Ninja styled game.
-Pictures taken can be automatically sent to Facebook.
-Photo editor: Instagram style filter, place borders on pictures
-35 activities total (that is including the ones from the first game if you already bought it)
-Dubstep activity
-Out before the end of the year, playable at PAX[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome. My 4 year old loves the original and I expect that'll be the same.

[quote name='Spylon']xbldb just found the next one day sale:
RESIDENT EVIL CODE: Veronica X - 1040 ($13.00) Microsoft Points - 35% off - xbldb

It is my speculation that this is a one day sale.[/QUOTE]

If it was re4 then maybe. If it was re4 then I would of just bought re6 plain since I dont want code veronica and re5 since I already beat it multiple times and have the lost and the nightmare dlc.

[quote name='Felder71']Sounds awesome. My 4 year old loves the original and I expect that'll be the same.[/QUOTE]

Quick Look: Double Fine Happy Action Theater Sequel is up if anyone missed the live stream.

[quote name='Spylon']xbldb just found the next one day sale:
RESIDENT EVIL CODE: Veronica X - 1040 ($13.00) Microsoft Points - 35% off - xbldb

It is my speculation that this is a one day sale.[/QUOTE]
We can only hope that RE4 isn't too far behind if MS/Capcom can discount CV.

[quote name='LordVila']This months August promo must be glitched. The only thing I have bought this month so far that could possibly count was 800 points worth of Pinball Arcade DLC and I have already received credit for the promo.

Rewards Points Pending: 480

08/04/2012 Spent 1,600 Microsoft Points or more on eligible Sports Items in August 240
08/01/2012 Completion of August 2012 Survey 20
07/31/2012 Spent 800 Microsoft Points or more on eligible Superhero content in July 200
07/01/2012 Completed July Survey 20[/QUOTE]

Is anyone still getting credit for the August promo with 800 points of Pinball FX2 tables? If so I might finally bite on some of the individual tables.

I was going to check out one of the SR3 DLCs but it sounds like they are all only about an hour long. Not going to bother with that unless they come down to 80 points or so.

As for Code Veronica, it's a pretty bare bones port. The only HD thing they did to it was up the aspect ratio, I think, that might have already been like that. Nothing else is improved as far as I can tell, though Claire and most of the character models look pretty good. Most of the achievements are just play through related, with a couple hard ones. Really obvious they upgraded it and RE4 to GoD titles last minute because they still only have 12 achievements, they just bumped the value up to 1000 gamerscore.

Anyways, it's worth $13 if you're interested, but keep in mind you can get it for about that price along with RE4 on PSN. It's also included in that Best Buy RE collection edition of RE6's 360 edition, alongside RE4 and 5: Gold.

The Missing Link is a lot of fun, reminded me how much I enjoyed the original game last year. I'm at about five hours and I haven't even finished it yet. Good deal.

I can't recommend RE code Veronica x hd even at $13. It really ages bad, I'd buy re4 at full price over it any day. Of course you can wait for re4 discount but it might be quite a while seeing how well it sold.

That being said re4 is such a good game. If you've never played it you're not doing yourself any favors waiting to save $5. It's 15-20 hrs main story and 5 hours secondary story, plus the "mini games". Unless of course you're getting that re6 set.

how long is the RESIDENT EVIL CODE: Veronica X on sale for.
i just checked on the australia site and the price has not changed, so i hope it will change here soon also.
and of course i cant download from my american account

[quote name='intoxicated662']There is no such list, you would have to go to the rewards xbox support forum and ask per item but those were all confirmed in a thread.[/QUOTE]
Except for those of us who saw the list while it was up for 2 days ... that's why we're all cracking jokes about the "Simulation" games that were added ... such as all the pinball titles ... and then they add any strategic title (like Chess or Risk:Factions), then add anything with the word "command" in the title, like "Command & Conquer", "Missile Command", or "Bionic Commando". :)

However, even if we did have the list, I'd still confirm anything half-legitimate in the forum, since that's your own recourse (and proof) should they decide to scale back on the list, like removing the pinball games & DLC.

================

Now I'll blow your mind ... since games purchased through the "Sales & Specials+" app don't show up in the Marketplace, and "if Poker counts as a sports game", will you get credit for it since the Scratch & Save and Chain Reaction purchases don't show up in the standard Marketplace purchase history. Whoa!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like Code Veronica offer is US only. Oh well, not a big deal for me, since the game is IP region blocked.

[quote name='kvadair']Is anyone still getting credit for the August promo with 800 points of Pinball FX2 tables? If so I might finally bite on some of the individual tables.[/QUOTE]

He said Pinball Arcade, not Pinball FX 2.

I disagree with the General Internet Consensus that Code Veronica is a bad game, but $13 as a sale price is still too much. Typical Capcom, what can you do?

The daily deals of Xbox US games on demand is US only . Thats to bad but great for the US people over there

The Crysis price drop is US only and not for Europe. Still the old price here.

Wow I might be late, but Dust:An Elysian Tail is AMAZING. Such a good game, and definitely recommended for any and every Metroidvania fan.

[quote name='Stephan123']It is still 1680 msp here in Holland(europe).[/QUOTE]

weird.
cant remember the point price but in australia it is $19.95 on the site, usually $29.95

So, anyone else really enjoying Dust? Well worth 1200 spacebucks in my opinion, but if you are on the fence definitely pick it up when it goes on sale!

I forgot to mention it but my account had 160 MSP added to it on the 13th for no apparent reason. I received my points from the Rewards program on the 8th so they didn't come from there.

[quote name='emg28']I forgot to mention it but my account had 160 MSP added to it on the 13th for no apparent reason. I received my points from the Rewards program on the 8th so they didn't come from there.[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience. I checked the billing site to see if there was anything about a refund but I couldn't find anything to explain it.

[quote name='Vegan']I disagree with the General Internet Consensus that Code Veronica is a bad game, but $13 as a sale price is still too much. Typical Capcom, what can you do?[/QUOTE]

I must be living in a cave all of these past years, but first with the hate that Zelda 2 sprung up over the years (which I feel is misguided), but now all of the sudden Code Veronica, one of the most lauded RE games on the DC, is bad, when did this happen? And more importantly how did I miss that massive change in public opinion?

Methinks people need to play and understand the context of games (when they were released, expectations of what was popular at the time, etc.) before playing some of them and then trashing them for no good reason.

i didn't notice when burnout revenge got a price drop...picked it up the second i realized it did, having crash mode on GOD kicks ass, perfect play for 20-30 minutes then play something else game. too bad paradise didnt have crash mode (wtf) or local multi, and that the burnout xbla game was a joke, that looked like a flash game. of course the bad part is codes don't exist in this generation so i'm about to be frustrated at the campaign like a million times (already beat it on the ps2 and know how much of a pain it is when you get rubber band passed on the final lap of a 20 minute race) but...whatever. in other news the ps2 version was probably the 2nd best looking ps2 game that was made imo, aside from GT4 of course.

also i read online that the servers (which were shut down last year) might be back up. haven't finished the download yet but i hope they are, always wanted to try it out online with the rival system and such.

edit: wow the online servers still work! if anyone wants to play some burnout add me

[quote name='emg28']I forgot to mention it but my account had 160 MSP added to it on the 13th for no apparent reason. I received my points from the Rewards program on the 8th so they didn't come from there.[/QUOTE]

Same here. No idea where it came from. I already received my Reward points and was never notified that I had won anything. Maybe its from the Rush for Gold Sweepstakes

[quote name='SonicXtreme']i didn't notice when burnout revenge got a price drop...picked it up the second i realized it did, having crash mode on GOD kicks ass, perfect play for 20-30 minutes then play something else game. too bad paradise didnt have crash mode (wtf) or local multi, and that the burnout xbla game was a joke, that looked like a flash game. of course the bad part is codes don't exist in this generation so i'm about to be frustrated at the campaign like a million times (already beat it on the ps2 and know how much of a pain it is when you get rubber band passed on the final lap of a 20 minute race) but...whatever. in other news the ps2 version was probably the 2nd best looking ps2 game that was made imo, aside from GT4 of course.

also i read online that the servers (which were shut down last year) might be back up. haven't finished the download yet but i hope they are, always wanted to try it out online with the rival system and such.

edit: wow the online servers still work! if anyone wants to play some burnout add me[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Were many people playing online? I loved 3, hated Paradise. I'm gonna give this a go. I'm afraid they'll kill the online once I pull the trigger.

[quote name='uncle5555']I must be living in a cave all of these past years, but first with the hate that Zelda 2 sprung up over the years (which I feel is misguided), but now all of the sudden Code Veronica, one of the most lauded RE games on the DC, is bad, when did this happen? And more importantly how did I miss that massive change in public opinion?

Methinks people need to play and understand the context of games (when they were released, expectations of what was popular at the time, etc.) before playing some of them and then trashing them for no good reason.[/QUOTE]

Capcom gets a lot of flack for putting literally zero effort to updating the controls and cameras to the current standards. They call their games HD when the still look really ugly. Its just a really lazy port is what it ends up as. I think most of the hate is towards that not the game itself. And to top it all off they charge high dollar for a sloppy ass port. :roll:

Nobody is saying CVX was a bad game. At least I'm not.

[quote name='wEEman33']Yeah just get the PS2 version of Code Veronica for $2-$3 and you'll be much happier.[/QUOTE]

Some people prefer to have updated *HD* graphics, achievements, use a 360 controller, etc. I bought this game a long time ago and it's okay for the current price. I got a few people to play it also so I ended up getting my money's worth. If anything, you can just wait for the next RE game to come out in a couple of months and get the Edition that'll come with all of these games instead that would probably be your best choice unless you've got MSP to spare.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Some people prefer to have updated *HD* graphics, achievements, use a 360 controller, etc. I bought this game a long time ago and it's okay for the current price. I got a few people to play it also so I ended up getting my money's worth. If anything, you can just wait for the next RE game to come out in a couple of months and get the Edition that'll come with all of these games instead that would probably be your best choice unless you've got MSP to spare.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean "HD" because upscaling the resolution and slapping an HD in the title doesn't make it HD in anyway.

[quote name='Cornelius']It's a permanent markdown ... after this wave of GoD DOTD's, we now know that "sale GoD titles" don't end in 99 cents ...

Therefore, Crysis is a permanent markdown, just like the rest of EA's $14.99 titles. :D[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? I bought Conan for $3.99 and that was a GoD sale.

I also got Prince of Persia and Dark Void and those also ended in 99 cents.

[quote name='Dthib87']I think you mean "HD" because upscaling the resolution and slapping an HD in the title doesn't make it HD in anyway.[/QUOTE]

hm I did type HD for a reason, just put the * because it's like me saying "supposedly" as for the graphics part as they claim. This is just like Halo 3 all over again with the graphics. It's just like putting a dvd into the ps3..the ps3 has the ability to upscale and make the dvd better quality but it's not actually high definition. Then again, this is Capcom we're talking about..

I just won the scratch and match and it charged me 1200 points even though it said free. What am I supposed to do about this?

Well, Crysis has been as low as $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members and even non-members have had it for $13.99.

So, sale or not, at 14.99 xbox live isn't doing me any favors.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow. 30 seconds into Dust and I really want this game. Feels like this year's Bastion for me.[/QUOTE]
I was hooked pretty quick also. Wasn't sure if I was going to buy it but after playing the demo for a couple minutes, I bought it right away. Definitely the best SoA game IMO

[quote name='Brother Daz']I was hooked pretty quick also. Wasn't sure if I was going to buy it but after playing the demo for a couple minutes, I bought it right away. Definitely the best SoA game IMO[/QUOTE]

Same for me, but I haven't bought it yet. I am more excited for CS: GO, TWD Episode 3 and Rock Band Blitz at the moment and don't have enough for everything. I will definitely be picking it up eventually, especially if it goes on sale before I do.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow. 30 seconds into Dust and I really want this game. Feels like this year's Bastion for me.[/QUOTE]

Ya it's awesome. I'm 2 1/2 hours in and have really enjoyed it so far. Looking forward to getting further into it soon. It's definitely shot to the top of my backlog.

Agreed. I really like Dust so far. Well worth purchase, even at full price. And the only Summer of the Arcade game worth a damn this year

[quote name='dirtyvu']Are you sure about this? I bought Conan for $3.99 and that was a GoD sale. I also got Prince of Persia and Dark Void and those also ended in 99 cents.[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't you get back to your day job of running the Android's Dungeon storefront in the Simpsons? :)

I don't know if I can get past how annoying Fidget is. Yes it's on purpose, but that doesn't stop her from being grating. That's the one thing holding me back from buying Dust.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know if I can get past how annoying Fidget is. Yes it's on purpose, but that doesn't stop her from being grating. That's the one thing holding me back from buying Dust.[/QUOTE]

i know right, it's like watching a really stupid anime when that thing speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back