XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a little guidance, got all the achievements for the playxbla. I'm not for sure how to submit them, any help would be greatly appreciated,

[quote name='Cornelius']Shouldn't you get back to your day job of running the Android's Dungeon storefront in the Simpsons? :)[/QUOTE]

this post doesn't even make sense... :???:

the point I was trying to make is you're trying to make a blanket statement that games that end in 99 cents are permanent markdowns when they're not. Conan is back up to $14.99 when I got it for $3.99. the other GoD games recently on sale are also back up to normal price.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow. 30 seconds into Dust and I really want this game. Feels like this year's Bastion for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know if I can get past how annoying Fidget is. Yes it's on purpose, but that doesn't stop her from being grating. That's the one thing holding me back from buying Dust.[/QUOTE]

I don't even find her annoying yet. I roll my eyes once in a while when she makes a corny joke, but I find it odd that something like that could hold someone back from buying a game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know if I can get past how annoying Fidget is. Yes it's on purpose, but that doesn't stop her from being grating. That's the one thing holding me back from buying Dust.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Dthib87']i know right, it's like watching a really stupid anime when that thing speaks.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't even find her annoying yet. I roll my eyes once in a while when she makes a corny joke, but I find it odd that something like that could hold someone back from buying a game.[/QUOTE]
Not getting into or even getting a game due to dislike of a character in it makes perfect sense when you think about it. Think of how many movies are "ruined" for you by one character (or the actor portraying them), or maybe even a band where you like the music but dislike the lead singer.

Especially for a player who loves the story aspects of games, I could understand how an unpalatable character could be a deal breaker. Something like non-swappable control schemes or a dislike of the musical score might do it for someone else but for them it's characters.

This does work both ways though; there are plenty of craptastic movies, bands, and games that find success due to a single actor, singer, or character.

Dust seems good but more flashy than deep. I don't doubt I'll see it on PC in an indie bundle where I will happily pick it up. If the main story stays as briskly paced and no nonsense as the demo, they can cheese the whole place up and have squeaky girl crack crappy jokes all day just so long as they get the story told and out of the way in reasonable time.

That said, Dishwasher had a far better combat system and never hit PC to my GREAT dismay.

Hybrid seems to take a page from that Iphone shooter that is just cover to cover. I think I would pay $7 for it on PC, play it three times with a friend, enjoy it as a novelty, and never play it again. It's nice ideas and love went into it but I don't think the product is anything compelling enough to keep me there.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow. 30 seconds into Dust and I really want this game. Feels like this year's Bastion for me.[/QUOTE]

It's much better than Bastion imo. There is a lot more stuff to do in Dust and the game is three times longer. :)

For Hybrid - the game looks quite generic in the videos.
Found a cheap code from CAG user and i'm surprised how much i like it. Almost rank 50 and have played total of 20hrs. It's quite different than most of the TPS's around.
The biggest problem is matchmaking. Sometimes took up to 2-3 minutes to find a game. Also if the host leave you end up waiting for migration around minute. It's annoying if that happens when you have a good game.
All in all reviews are spot on for this one - an solid 7 title.

Last edited by a moderator:
with the buy 3 summer of arcade and get 400 msp thing do you get an email or something telling you that you will get the msp.
i know i have to wait 6-8 weeks but do we get a notification to say we will.
i just noticed the promotion ends on the 21st august.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']figured i would post this here...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/63796080

apparently a possible leak on the marketplace... even Skyrim Hearthfire and Wrestlefest...

my dashboard isnt screwy like this guys, but i dont think its fake...[/QUOTE]

This happend last week with some people also so I believe it. All the RE6 stuff is pre-order DLC so it being on the marketplace doesn't surprise me either. :roll:

If you can't purchase them yet then who cares....

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Got the Dust review up between getting ready for PAX Prime.

http://panicgamer.com/XBOX_360-detail/dust-an-elysian-tail/

My advice? Stay away at 1200 point, might be worth it for some at 800.[/QUOTE]

While I haven't played the game or demo myself, I did watch a live feed of the game for about 20 minutes. The combat is so mind-numbingly repetitive that it made me dismiss it for now. Also, I have an anti annoying-furry-rodent-companion policy.

[quote name='ooga']While I haven't played the game or demo myself, I did watch a live feed of the game for about 20 minutes. The combat is so mind-numbingly repetitive that it made me dismiss it for now. Also, I have an anti annoying-furry-rodent-companion policy.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more... i thought i read someone say that this is better than Bastion...

all i can do is O_O to that statement... Bastion is the best singleplayer adventure on XBLA

I really wish Kasavin would do more with the game, maybe franchise it?

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Thanks for the heads up. Were many people playing online? I loved 3, hated Paradise. I'm gonna give this a go. I'm afraid they'll kill the online once I pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]
Well i couldn't find anyone online, but it was sunday morning on a 6 year old game haha. Maybe at a more peak time there'll be some people on, but if you do buy it add me i'll def be down to race, lots of modes to have fun with. they definitely killed the servers in the past and brought them back, so considering that i doubt they are going anywhere anytime soon. Game is great though, i played all freaking day yesterday, i swear must have sank 10 hours in, and am only at like 33% completion. so much content.

it reminds me of the old SEGA arcade racers before they went bunk releasing stuff like bad sega rally and daytona rehashes. i'd definitely say revenge is right up there with the original most wanted for my favorite 360 racer. maybe revenge moreso for the multiplayer and MW for the single player.

Anybody have any special hopes for this weeks DoW?

I hate not knowing in advance, and fail on my part if i looked over it...

PAX is coming up, I would love to see Episodes 1 and 2 of the Rainslick series go on sale... I would pick up all 3 for 1200 msp if I could.

Gotham City Imposters maybe? I could see one or both of the DLC packs getting 80-120 slashed for a "losing" scratch and match deal.

I dunno, I got paid today and im buying a points card somewhere today, where I can get one for the cheapest I suppose

[quote name='uncle5555']I must be living in a cave all of these past years, but first with the hate that Zelda 2 sprung up over the years (which I feel is misguided), but now all of the sudden Code Veronica, one of the most lauded RE games on the DC, is bad, when did this happen? And more importantly how did I miss that massive change in public opinion?

Methinks people need to play and understand the context of games (when they were released, expectations of what was popular at the time, etc.) before playing some of them and then trashing them for no good reason.[/QUOTE]

It's all the RE "fans" that started with RE 4. They expect the old games to be action focused and can't get used to the fixed cameras so the shit all over it. It's why Capcom won't make any REs that are actually survival horror anymore. Shinji Mikami is finally working on a new horror game, so I hope that ends up good.

Crysis is still showing as 1860 MS points in the UK Marketplace (GBP14.99), no reduction from the normal price. Anyone else have any luck in finding the discount in the UK marketplace?

[quote name='Gnort']Crysis is still showing as 1860 MS points in the UK Marketplace (GBP14.99), no reduction from the normal price. Anyone else have any luck in finding the discount in the UK marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Crysis deal is US only. It's stupid, i know...

[quote name='ooga']While I haven't played the game or demo myself, I did watch a live feed of the game for about 20 minutes. The combat is so mind-numbingly repetitive that it made me dismiss it for now. Also, I have an anti annoying-furry-rodent-companion policy.[/QUOTE]

How can you make a judgement how the combat feels based on a video? The combat is fine to me, there's lot of different options you can take towards the combat.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']I couldnt agree more... i thought i read someone say that this is better than Bastion...

all i can do is O_O to that statement... Bastion is the best singleplayer adventure on XBLA

I really wish Kasavin would do more with the game, maybe franchise it?[/QUOTE]

The combat in Bastion is nothing to write home about either...

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Anybody have any special hopes for this weeks DoW?

PAX is coming up, I would love to see Episodes 1 and 2 of the Rainslick series go on sale... I would pick up all 3 for 1200 msp if I could.

Gotham City Imposters maybe? I could see one or both of the DLC packs getting 80-120 slashed for a "losing" scratch and match deal.

I dunno, I got paid today and im buying a points card somewhere today, where I can get one for the cheapest I suppose[/QUOTE]

http://www.crazygametime.com/ has 4000 points today for $38.99.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']is this site legit? did u get one?

it says to contact xbox support if you get an already used code which makes me not want to tempt fate with how bad xbs is[/QUOTE]
They're basically saying we're gonna send you a used code and its up to you to get a legit one from xbox support.

[quote name='tylerh1701']How can you make a judgement how the combat feels based on a video? The combat is fine to me, there's lot of different options you can take towards the combat.
[/QUOTE]

Ummm because I have eyeballs? Unless the controller is injecting some drugs into your bloodstream through your skin I don't see how it would matter whether I play or watch the game in this regard. Bear in mind that I was not saying anything about how the game controls, just saying that it's pretty damn repetitive.

[quote name='GUNNM']They're basically saying we're gonna send you a used code and its up to you to get a legit one from xbox support.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...don't pay any attention to google reviews or posts in this very thread from last week, for that matter. I bought a code from them, as did several others, and we all got ours and they worked just fine. Unless you have personal experience with them, there's no need for uninformed, jackass statements like this.

[quote name='Juice el Savior'] Bastion is the best singleplayer adventure on XBLA
[/QUOTE]

Probably i would agree with you, if i haven't played any other XBLA games. :)
If wasn't the excellent narrator, no one would have talked about this game.
Unfortunatelly i was victim of the hype and paid 1200MSP for it. What a waste - 4hrs extremely repetitive ''adventure''. :(

[quote name='LordVila']I bought Dust and I love it. The combat does seem alot more entertaining on Tough/Hardcore than on Normal.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you're liking it, if that's your thing then more power to you.

As far as the combat nothing changes except the absorbancy of the sponge. For each difficulty there's one attack that you'll just spam over and over and over until you're done.

You're loving Dust and that's fine but then did like Super Metroid or Shadow Complex completely blow your mind?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I'm glad you're liking it, if that's your thing then more power to you.

As far as the combat nothing changes except the absorbancy of the sponge. For each difficulty there's one attack that you'll just spam over and over and over until you're done.

You're loving Dust and that's fine but then did like Super Metroid or Shadow Complex completely blow your mind?[/QUOTE]

your newest review link in your sig is broken. it has cheapassgamer.com in front of it.

it says to contact xbox support if you get an already used code which makes me not want to tempt fate with how bad xbs is[/QUOTE]

They're legit, I bought from them the last time they had the points on sale. Everything went smoothly for me. In fact, it looks like the deal has hit over at SD.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I'm glad you're liking it, if that's your thing then more power to you.

You're loving Dust and that's fine but then did like Super Metroid or Shadow Complex completely blow your mind?[/QUOTE]

Super Metroid and Shadow Complex are definitely both mind blowers.

[quote name='Jayrcee']They're legit, I bought from them the last time they had the points on sale. Everything went smoothly for me. In fact, it looks like the deal has hit over at SD.[/QUOTE]
Bought 2 consecutively there the last time as well ... points work just fine for USA accounts.

I can't take your reviews seriously when you don't even complete the game.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I can't take your reviews seriously when you don't even complete the game.[/QUOTE]
I did, on the hardest difficulty.

Then I went on my own gamertag and played it more trying to see if anything would change my mind on it.

It didn't.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I did, on the hardest difficulty.

Then I went on my own gamertag and played it more trying to see if anything would change my mind on it.

It didn't.[/QUOTE]

Bologna... :roll:

the site is legit. I got the card the other week. got my code within 5 minutes.

I remember a couple people got used codes but that was quickly resolved by contacting crazygametime. who says you have to contact Microsoft?

a 20 minute snapshot of the game, in a 15+ hour game is awfully narrowminded. you really level up your character and can do some nifty things down the line. unless that 20 minute video is of the last 20 minutes of the game, you're missing an awful lot.

As for Bastion, I liked that game. But to say the best adventure game on XBLA???? I'd never say that. I'd definitely put Dust above Bastion.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is this today only?[/QUOTE]

yes, buy it now if you want it. sometimes they stay active until tomorrow afternoon sometimes they go off about an hour from now.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Anybody have any special hopes for this weeks DoW?

I dunno, I got paid today and im buying a points card somewhere today, where I can get one for the cheapest I suppose[/QUOTE]

I always have special hopes for sales, which always sets me up for disappointment. Sure, we can try to expect Risk: Factions or Borderlands DLC to make the DotW feel like every day a holiday and every meal a feast, but my misery enjoys company when I do not get deals on Xbox Live ^^.

I still hold out for sales on Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum, Rayman 3 HD, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Quantum Conundrum, some recent XBLA releases, and DLC for games which I own (but have not yet acquired) like Dragon Age 2.

My prediction hat rolls Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone, NFL Blitz, or Amy if it is XBLA; while DLC the rolls divined Dead Island or Halo: Reach. My hat has been wrong before, I do hope that is the case. I too prefer to know the deals in advance, but that's how we've gotten the deal information for a while now on this thread. We get notice of 2-3 weeks of deals, then a week or two left in darkness where my prediction hat is all I have, before we get a new notification of 2-3 weeks of deals (sometimes one of those weeks is actually the ongoing one).

[quote name='SonicXtreme']i didn't notice when burnout revenge got a price drop...picked it up the second i realized it did, having crash mode on GOD kicks ass, perfect play for 20-30 minutes then play something else game. too bad paradise didnt have crash mode (wtf) or local multi, and that the burnout xbla game was a joke, that looked like a flash game. of course the bad part is codes don't exist in this generation so i'm about to be frustrated at the campaign like a million times (already beat it on the ps2 and know how much of a pain it is when you get rubber band passed on the final lap of a 20 minute race) but...whatever. in other news the ps2 version was probably the 2nd best looking ps2 game that was made imo, aside from GT4 of course.

also i read online that the servers (which were shut down last year) might be back up. haven't finished the download yet but i hope they are, always wanted to try it out online with the rival system and such.

edit: wow the online servers still work! if anyone wants to play some burnout add me[/QUOTE]

That is great news to me, up there with hearing about Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game will get online capabilities through DLC (but release is not as soon as I had hoped). I was upset when I heard Burnout Revenge would have its servers shut down, since I felt there were no real Xbox 360 replacements for the game from Criterion (Paradise emphasized other skills such as map memorization, Crash seemed flash-browser-game-ish, and Hot Pursuit is a bit asymmetric for play system). I had no idea the servers were back up, and overjoyed I still have the option to choose to enjoy the game for online play again!

[quote name='Jayrcee']They're legit, I bought from them the last time they had the points on sale. Everything went smoothly for me. In fact, it looks like the deal has hit over at SD.[/QUOTE]

Darn, I signed onto this (and the MS Point and Gold) thread late and I missed out on discount Microsoft Points. It appears to me they are all out now on their website. I'm running low to cover the cost when some of the more recent XBLA titles hit a sale and all the upcoming XBLA titles I am hotly anticipating:
Jet Set Radio
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
NiGHTS: Into Dreams
Retro City Rampage
Mercenary Kings
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Not to mention all the titles you guys bring to my attention. Good thing I will have time (cus I will not pay 1600MSP for Jojo's for example) to wait out on sales, but I don't find many deals on Microsoft Points that often =(.

So, with all the people here getting review copies for free or cheap, and me stuck with whenever it gets a sale, how's Wrestlefest on the 360? The dashboard images make it look like a bad Xbox Indie title to me (since I do prefer pixel art) and remember the old arcade game (not fondly tho, I kinda preferred the one that Technos released before that one, Superstars). I have an idea what to expect with CS:GO and Jojo's.

Here's hoping this week's deals will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back