XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week is probably going to be a biggie for me. Going to hold off buying until I see what September's Rewards deal is, but I'll probably end up getting:

AC:R - Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack (400)
AC:R - Lost Archive (400)
Mass Effect 3 - Leviathan (800)
Rock Band Blitz (1200)

Come on 5% back on all purchases...

wow... slow day on this thread, not surprising. Nothing seems to just "crawl up from the woodwork" any more does it?

Guys, what do the GCI DLC come with and which one is more worth my time?

I cant seem to find descriptions anywhere and playing CS:GO is making me want to pick up some more XBLA Shooters...

CS:GO is worth every cent of 1200 MSP btw; im not having server issues like others are, and my problems I had on the first night with partying up seems to have smoothed itself out.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']wow... slow day on this thread, not surprising. Nothing seems to just "crawl up from the woodwork" any more does it?

Guys, what do the GCI DLC come with and which one is more worth my time?

I cant seem to find descriptions anywhere and playing CS:GO is making me want to pick up some more XBLA Shooters...

CS:GO is worth every cent of 1200 MSP btw; im not having server issues like others are, and my problems I had on the first night with partying up seems to have smoothed itself out.[/QUOTE]

I was having a weird issue with CS:GO trial the other day. It worked for a bit but with about 20 minutes left in the trial I wasn't able to do anything in game. The menus worked fine and I could connect to a game, but once I was in I could move around but not shoot or anything. Still think I'm going to pick it up, but I will be disappointed if the problem persists in the full version.

[quote name='weeman43302']I was having a weird issue with CS:GO trial the other day. It worked for a bit but with about 20 minutes left in the trial I wasn't able to do anything in game. The menus worked fine and I could connect to a game, but once I was in I could move around but not shoot or anything. Still think I'm going to pick it up, but I will be disappointed if the problem persists in the full version.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue the 2nd time i booted up my trial, which prompted me to just buy it, then the problem persisted...

i felt really stupid, all you have to do is open up the controls menu and press Y (or triangle on PS3). For some reason the game clears the button mapping.

As I stated before, my problems seemed to have smoothed themselves out.

I'm a little slow, and tired (open-close manager workshift), but I wasn't sure if anyone had posted any information on next week's Rockstar portion of the DotW....or if it's all speculation and conjecture.

I am willing to be patient, but have quite a # of things I wanna spend points on to just wait till the last moment.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']I'm a little slow, and tired (open-close manager workshift), but I wasn't sure if anyone had posted any information on next week's Rockstar portion of the DotW....or if it's all speculation and conjecture.

I am willing to be patient, but have quite a # of things I wanna spend points on to just wait till the last moment.[/QUOTE]
xbldb.com or majornelson.com if none of those sites have anything you're just gonna have to wait

[quote name='GUNNM']xbldb.com or majornelson.com if none of those sites have anything you're just gonna have to wait[/QUOTE]

Cheers on that Gamertag... no BS... I tried to use it a LONG time ago

[quote name='Juice el Savior']I had the same issue the 2nd time i booted up my trial, which prompted me to just buy it, then the problem persisted...

i felt really stupid, all you have to do is open up the controls menu and press Y (or triangle on PS3). For some reason the game clears the button mapping.

As I stated before, my problems seemed to have smoothed themselves out.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that makes sense. Weird that it happens though. But now that I know that it can be taken care of I have no issues buying it at full price tomorrow.

[quote name='weeman43302']Ahh, that makes sense. Weird that it happens though. But now that I know that it can be taken care of I have no issues buying it at full price tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

much obliged!

add my gt if you want, i typically play midnight-3am EST

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Cheers on that Gamertag... no BS... I tried to use it a LONG time ago[/QUOTE]
Tried at least 2x a day to make it when major nelson announced they would be deleting old accounts no longer in use.

[quote name='GUNNM']Tried at least 2x a day to make it when major nelson announced they would be deleting old accounts no longer in use.[/QUOTE]

That right there is the reason why i actually pay attention to stuff now

im tired of missing out! :lol::lol:

[quote name='GUNNM']Tried at least 2x a day to make it when major nelson announced they would be deleting old accounts no longer in use.[/QUOTE]
Of course, the flipside is that you constantly worry that something will happen to your gamertag, just like I've been fretting about for the last 8 years. :)

[quote name='Cornelius']Of course, the flipside is that you constantly worry that something will happen to your gamertag, just like I've been fretting about for the last 8 years. :)[/QUOTE]
When that whole hotmail hack went down I changed my PW at least once a week haven't changed it in a while fyi if anyone wants to hack it. :bouncy:

Skydrift has been on my buy-when-it's-on-sale list for a while though, but now I'm not really enjoying the demo anymore. With the seemingly superior Hydo Thunder in my backlog (thanks to the recommendations here), I think I'll pass on Skydrift.

I wanted to like TNT Racers, but I downloaded a bunch of other arcade racers for comparison and I must say that I actually enjoyed Bang Bang Racing more than TNT. The music and how quickly you can get bumped out of TNT were big turnoffs for me, even though the default camera in Bang Bang is nausea inducing and the lack of power ups is somewhat boring.... In lieu of being a completely different style racer, Joy Ride Turbo was my favorite of the demos I tried. Despite being another Mario Kart clone, the controls were tight and the items were cool. I'll be watching for a sale on that, although I should probably try some of those other kart racers first.

[quote name='destro4eva']New Pinball Arcade DLC stuff drops on the 28th right? Looking forward to that stuff.[/QUOTE]
OT, but did you know about this? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-star-trek-the-next-generation

They already got enough for Twilight Zone through another Kickstarter campaign, and it looks like they'll easily hit the goal for ST:TNG.

Edit: had wrong info about Microsoft not allowing certain stuff. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='simmias']OT, but did you know about this? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-star-trek-the-next-generation

They already got enough for Twilight Zone through another Kickstarter campaign, and it looks like they'll easily hit the goal for ST:TNG. What kind of sucks is that Microsoft is the only platform that won't let them give out a lot of the cool stuff (free game, table operator menu access, etc.).[/QUOTE]

your info is out of date...

you do get the Xbox 360 table as part of your pledge. same as with the twilight zone. with reference to the table operator menu, nothing says the 360 version doesn't get it. both the twilight zone and ST:TNG get the table operator menu (if paid for) on the 360.

Pledge $100 or more
Everything above PLUS the special Pro version of the Star Trek: The Next Generation pinball table including access to the table operators menu
on every platform we support.

from Twilight Zone kickstarter:
Pledge $100 or more - You’ll get a special version of the Twilight Zone pinball table with access to the table operator’s menu on every platform. You’ll also get an entry into the Pinball Arcade Supporters Tournament!

When they say you get it on a platform of your choice, do they mean it will be available on a physical disc or are they digital vouchers?

[quote name='Jayrcee']When they say you get it on a platform of your choice, do they mean it will be available on a physical disc or are they digital vouchers?[/QUOTE]
It means iOS, Android, Mac, XBLA, or PSN, I would imagine.

Just wondering, why arent the releases part of the wiki post? I like knowing whats coming out in the future and it seems that'd be kept more up to date as part of the wiki.

[quote name='seppuku']Skydrift has been on my buy-when-it's-on-sale list for a while though, but now I'm not really enjoying the demo anymore. With the seemingly superior Hydo Thunder in my backlog (thanks to the recommendations here), I think I'll pass on Skydrift.

I wanted to like TNT Racers, but I downloaded a bunch of other arcade racers for comparison and I must say that I actually enjoyed Bang Bang Racing more than TNT. The music and how quickly you can get bumped out of TNT were big turnoffs for me, even though the default camera in Bang Bang is nausea inducing and the lack of power ups is somewhat boring.... In lieu of being a completely different style racer, Joy Ride Turbo was my favorite of the demos I tried. Despite being another Mario Kart clone, the controls were tight and the items were cool. I'll be watching for a sale on that, although I should probably try some of those other kart racers first.[/QUOTE]

Out of what you listed, I'd say:

1. Joy Ride Turbo
2. Skydrift
3. Hydro Thunder Hurricane
V
V
V
4. TNT Racers
5. Bang Bang Racing

SkyDrift and Hydro Thunder Hurricane are by far the best racers on the XBLA, and both must-own for racing fans IMO.

I haven't played Joy Ride Turbo but from your guys' opinions I'll have to check it out.

Guess I'm going to snag both Bomerman games, Skydrift, Crazy Machines Elements (I know my poor brother has wanted it for a long time and I don't mind picking up games he wants if I have even the remotest interest in them), and TNT Racers. I know TNT Racers is bound to disappoint but I've been kinda kicking myself since I passed on it last time it went on sale. It's a cute racer, but it's terrible gameplay-wise from what I played of the demo. I think I may have talked myself out of it again...

[quote name='simmias']OT, but did you know about this? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-star-trek-the-next-generation

They already got enough for Twilight Zone through another Kickstarter campaign, and it looks like they'll easily hit the goal for ST:TNG. [/QUOTE]

That is awesome. Just splurged and pledges $30 so I can get a Star trek pinball in my game. Silly but I'm quite the Star Trek fan. Wish I'd heard about the Twilight Zone Kickstarter in time too!

[quote name='iRandom']Is SWTFU2 worth 800msp?
For how low has it sold before?[/QUOTE]
it's pretty awful. you might still enjoy it though. the demo makes it seem like it will be fun, but i assure you, it is not.

thought smeone said that tnt racers was part of the august rewards promotion. i have bought that and tony hawk and nothing is even pending

[quote name='xbox_man']thought smeone said that tnt racers was part of the august rewards promotion. i have bought that and tony hawk and nothing is even pending[/QUOTE]

When did you buy it?
Also both are listed as eligible...contact the rewards suppoert if you don't get anything they can see your purchases

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']When did you buy it?
Also both are listed as eligible...contact the rewards suppoert if you don't get anything they can see your purchases[/QUOTE]

^ Yup.

It doesn't start pending right away. If you contact support they can probably speed up the process.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Out of what you listed, I'd say:

1. Joy Ride Turbo
2. Skydrift
3. Hydro Thunder Hurricane
V
V
V
4. TNT Racers
5. Bang Bang Racing[/QUOTE]

So you like Skydrift more than Hydro Thunder?.... Maybe I'll have to reconsider... The gladiator expansion looks interesting too, but I doubt I'll play online.

[quote name='seppuku']So you like Skydrift more than Hydro Thunder?.... Maybe I'll have to reconsider... The gladiator expansion looks interesting too, but I doubt I'll play online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, by a little. Skydrift plays like an airplane version of Mario Kart (kinda like Diddy Kong Racing if you've played that) and the controls are tight and the AI is challenging but never aggravating. I really enjoyed it.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD worth the 1200 points?
I've been hearing mixed thoughts on it, can't really decide...[/QUOTE]
Yes probably for most people especially if you're already a TH fan. However don't expect it to feel exactly the same as the original because it doesn't. Everything but the graphics are a downgrade in this version from the originals imo and even though the graphics are upgraded they're still not very great. Leaps and bound above the original but also well behind what a game should look like these days.

All that negative stuff being said I still had a ton of fun with it being a die hard TH game fan.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD worth the 1200 points?
I've been hearing mixed thoughts on it, can't really decide...[/QUOTE]i bought it and really like it. i feel i got my $15 worth of play time and there are still plenty of achievements left to keep me playing more. plus, i can play as my avatar! how cool is that? i played tony hawk 1 and 2 a lot back in the day and i felt right at home playing pro skater hd. i didn't care for anything after tony hawk 3.

I put in for ST:TNG at $30 level too. Will take 360, iOS and maybe Vita versions though I don't have a Vita. Maybe some day. I might switch that to Mac version since I do have that. Or I might get the PS3 version and give it to a friend if that's possible. Would be nice if you could get 2x 360 versions. Then could give to friend with 360 and compete with them. Maybe you can?

Man, I need to read this thread more. Won the scratch & match and then noticed it was just gamerpics. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have bothered playing.

[quote name='pyoobez']Won the scratch & match and then noticed it was just gamerpics.[/QUOTE]

Congratulation! A winner is you!

In all seriousness, I'm always worried I'm going to win one of the prizes when I go to purchase the loser sale items at the end of the week. It's a bad habit but I usually wait until Monday to buy dotw items. I've started buying the scratch & match stuff on Sundays in case I do win. After all, what are the odds I'd win twice in the same week?

I checked the forums on Dead Block and there are many complaints of freezing. Anyone buy this recently and experience this? I enjoyed the demo but not if it freezes at the end of levels.

[quote name='sonnyforple']I checked the forums on Dead Block and there are many complaints of freezing. Anyone buy this recently and experience this? I enjoyed the demo but not if it freezes at the end of levels.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just bought it during the sale. No problem after the first level, but a lengthy freeze after finishing the second level. It's really not bad though, still a great game.

[quote name='seppuku']I think I'll pass on Skydrift.[/QUOTE]

Noooo! Different kettle of fish to Hydro Thunder (both great games), 600's a steal for SkyDrift. Assuming it doesn't go to 400 in a few weeks like how it was 800 on S&S+ a few weeks ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back