XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PikkonFusion']There's nothing wrong with this site. I recently started using this site as my more source of information. It's the best from what I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Ya, as far as I know this is by far the best site for game related deals. I'll use Slick Deals once in a while as they cover a far broader range of deals, but game-related just stick to this site and you'll be fine.

[quote name='bardockkun']Plus, uh, why are you asking this in the XBox Live Arcade thread as opposed to request deal thread or whatever?[/QUOTE]

Good point...still learning the process. I started a new thread - Thanks

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, as far as I know this is by far the best site for game related deals. I'll use Slick Deals once in a while as they cover a far broader range of deals, but game-related just stick to this site and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Idk I find red flag deals better, the hot deals forum is fantastic.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Idk I find red flag deals better, the hot deals forum is fantastic.[/QUOTE]
The problem with the mega sites like SD and FW is that it is filled with people who are hoarders as an occupation. If you say you saw a good deal on CAG, we'll usually each go grab one or a couple for the brahs. A single locust from SD or FW will take every single *whatever* in a 50 mile radius and then brag about it.

The difference is community. Here we try to help. There they gloat about preventing others from getting a deal.

Every 6 months or so they rediscover penny guides. They descend like locust on BB and GS and whoever and buy every single copy of every single penny guide. A year later they throw them all away cause their dreams of turning that 50 deep pile of .01 Bully guides into $10 a pop just didn't work out.

[quote name='PikkonFusion']Are there any other sites like cheapassgamer?[/QUOTE]

Of course there are other sites 'like' this one...
However, CAG is like Highlander..."There can be only one!"

I agree with speedracer about CAG having a sense of community.
I'm not into flipping/hoarding as an occupation so CAG is all I need.
I don't bother with other sites and like the community aspect of CAG.

[quote name='PikkonFusion']Good point...still learning the process. I started a new thread - Thanks[/QUOTE]
As GUNNM pointed out; join date of 2007?
What have you been doing for 5 years?;)

[quote name='FirstSonofLight']I hate to disagree with you but, read the bold/underlined part again.[/QUOTE]
It's not a matter of disagreement ... I just wonder why you think someone in an India-based call-center would know more weekly Xbox Live Marketplace promotions than you. Go ahead, think about it ... don't react, just ... think. :)

[quote name='FirstSonofLight']I know how to admit when I am wrong,sorry guys. I figured if it came from their source that it would be accurate, lesson learned.[/QUOTE]
Sorry if I got snarky as well ... we've just learned to trust our own hunches & experience, and not listen to those with little-to-no practical experience in gaming. :)

On another note, the OP has had some deep bloody cuts ... and though it's missing lots of usual Metacritic & Quick Look links, at least it's now current (including the S&S+ scratch deals). Enjoy!

[quote name='Cornelius']Sorry if I got snarky as well ... we've just learned to trust our own hunches & experience, and not listen to those with little-to-no practical experience in gaming. :)

On another note, the OP has had some deep bloody cuts ... and though it's missing lots of usual Metacritic & Quick Look links, at least it's now current (including the S&S+ scratch deals). Enjoy![/QUOTE]

No hard feelings. Thanks.

No sign or Joe Danger 2 or WWE Wrestlefest in the morning dashboard update. Only Rock Band Blitz is there.

Maybe the other two got delayed?

[quote name='wEEman33']No sign or Joe Danger 2 or WWE Wrestlefest in the morning dashboard update. Only Rock Band Blitz is there.

Maybe the other two got delayed?[/QUOTE]

Could have sworn JD2 was for September. No idea about Wrestlefest.

[quote name='wEEman33']No sign or Joe Danger 2 or WWE Wrestlefest in the morning dashboard update. Only Rock Band Blitz is there.

Maybe the other two got delayed?[/QUOTE]

I too don't remember hearing that either of those would be releasing in August.

[quote name='mikeja72']Hey, for any that buy Rock Band Blitz, just wanted to remind people there are some free tracks to download. I havent tried these yet, just pulled them down this morning:

"Rock Band Network Megamix 01"

"Still Alive"

"Am I Crazy"

"Dreaming of Love"

"Headphones On"

"Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)"

"Promised Land"[/QUOTE]

im not a guitar game fan by any means necessary, okay... college drinking games were awesome with GH2 back in the day, but this is awesome. This is why I love this community.

Free stuff is free stuff and who knows, i might wanna pick up rock band blitz on account of you not using the guitar for it... if it goes on an awesome sale which it probably will within a year.

Seriously guys, I dont say thanks enough anymore...

I still think the last 10 deals of the week have blown though...

[quote name='tylerh1701']I too don't remember hearing that either of those would be releasing in August.[/QUOTE]

Wrestlefest was showing as being released today on the Xbox Live website.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Wrestlefest was showing as being released today on the Xbox Live website.[/QUOTE]

Oh. That list is never right. They have Kung Fu Strike listed as being released in June.

[quote name='chuckie88']...I don't bother with other sites and like the community aspect of CAG...[/QUOTE]
Case in point:

[quote name='FirstSonofLight']I know how to admit when I am wrong,sorry guys...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Cornelius']Sorry if I got snarky as well...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='FirstSonofLight']No hard feelings. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
A perfect example of two users acting like genuine and civil human beings toward each other.
This is exactly what I was referring to, Bravo! :applause:

[quote name='speedracer']The problem with the mega sites like SD and FW is that it is filled with people who are hoarders as an occupation. If you say you saw a good deal on CAG, we'll usually each go grab one or a couple for the brahs. A single locust from SD or FW will take every single *whatever* in a 50 mile radius and then brag about it.

The difference is community. Here we try to help. There they gloat about preventing others from getting a deal.

Every 6 months or so they rediscover penny guides. They descend like locust on BB and GS and whoever and buy every single copy of every single penny guide. A year later they throw them all away cause their dreams of turning that 50 deep pile of .01 Bully guides into $10 a pop just didn't work out.[/QUOTE]
You'll hear no argument from me, the community can be awful at times but surprisingly they do help others. I find the worst offenders on that site are the ones that don't post at all.
That being said though, I have yet to experience a neck beard get in the way of my deals...
I still visit rfd more so than here though because the Canada section of this site is often very slow with the deals in comparison.

Holy Crap... My first contribution!

XBLIG: Penny Arcade's Rain-Slick 3 is on sale for 240 MSP... thats a 160 MSP reduction!

Great deal and a great game made by the creators of Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World! Its honestly my most anticipated game of the Summer and it does not disappoint if you love old school RPGs.

Also, I checked on Rain-Slick episode 1 & 2... no dice on them being on sale for PAX yet...

Also also, ill leave the OP edit to someone else, I dont want to mess up the coding

[quote name='Juice el Savior']now i feel stupid...

although, this is a deal as stated on Zeboyd.com, its not a price drop.

Sale is for ONE WEEK... confirmed via zeboyd's twitter

till september 5th[/QUOTE]

I thought Indie games couldn't change their price more than once every 90 days. Has that changed?

[quote name='Decker']I thought Indie games couldn't change their price more than once every 90 days. Has that changed?[/QUOTE]

apparently so...

I couldnt imagine a perm drop on a game as new as RS3

if anybody wanted alice madness returns cheap i bought it on my hungarian account on my australia xbox for 960 msp. i also bought xblades for 640 msp.
i was thinking i could get resident evil as it said i dont have enough msp so i put them on and then it said different region or something.
did not even mean to buy alice madness it was an accidental buy lol, but i wanted to play anyway.
also the original alice game comes with the games on demand download, dont need to spend 800 msp for it.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']now i feel stupid...

although, this is a deal as stated on Zeboyd.com, its not a price drop.

Sale is for ONE WEEK... confirmed via zeboyd's twitter

till september 5th[/QUOTE]

Well my intention was definitely not to try to make you feel stupid, nor tell you that deal was in the wrong place! Just wanted to share that thread if you hadn't seen it :)

Going to check that game out tonight, I loved cthulhu saved the world.

[quote name='Decker']I thought Indie games couldn't change their price more than once every 90 days. Has that changed?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Is the "Now Wikied" part of the thread title necessary anymore? It says that next to the title in the forum listing anyway and anybody that would be up for keeping the OP updated knows by now, so it would be better spent on more room for more relevant info in the rest of the title.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']I've just noticed 110MSP has once again jumped into my account for no apparent reason. No doubt it will magically disappear as before!

Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I had 120 points deposited but it was clearly my pending points from XBOX Live Rewards

with assasins creed revelations is there a edition of the game or something that has the dlc that is on sale?
i have not got the game yet and it will be a while till i get it and just trying to see if i can wait on getting the dlc.

[quote name='xbox_man']with assasins creed revelations is there a edition of the game or something that has the dlc that is on sale?
i have not got the game yet and it will be a while till i get it and just trying to see if i can wait on getting the dlc.[/QUOTE]

Not in the US. There are GOTY editions of Assassin's Creed games that were released only in Europe, but the DLC was in voucher format so I don't think it would even be compatible with US accounts.

You can get this DLC if you have the points to spend, but they will definitely be on sale for the same price considering the DLC for II and Brotherhood have been on sale for half price several times already. I would guess there would be another sale closer to III's release.

[quote name='kulaguy']
You can get this DLC if you have the points to spend, but they will definitely be on sale for the same price considering the DLC for II and Brotherhood have been on sale for half price several times already. I would guess there would be another sale closer to III's release.[/QUOTE]
I Doubt it considering all of the times people have assumed that there would be a sale to coincide with the week of a sequel release, it rarely (if ever) happens. Those companies making those games want you to play with the newest installment of their franchise, not stick with the same game especially when it launches. One of the few times I can remember where a sequel got DLC on sale in time with the game's launch was Dance Central, but that's because backward compatible DLC and a Microsoft title.

It changed to every 7 days in May. I remember because it was right before the Before We May promotion where indie games on various platforms including XBLIG were on sale for a week or two.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Holy Crap... My first contribution!

XBLIG: Penny Arcade's Rain-Slick 3 is on sale for 240 MSP... thats a 160 MSP reduction!

Great deal and a great game made by the creators of Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World! Its honestly my most anticipated game of the Summer and it does not disappoint if you love old school RPGs.[/QUOTE]

Awesome deal and I'm glad you posted it in here, personally. Love Breath of Death and Cthulhu. I really wish it had gotten a proper XBLA release for the achievements but that's just being silly. It probably would still be 800 MSP if it was. I'm probably going to pick this up. Thanks!

It's kind of interesting but with so many indie games now dropping to 80-240 MSP couldn't Xbox already be what sounds so neat for the Ouya?

A bunch of them are the same titles you'll find on Steam and, excluding big budget titles, you can get tons of quality games for really low prices played on your entertainment system with a controller.

Pick up a cheap Xbox 360 and you already have an indie game powerhouse that plays on your TV with social functions.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']I Doubt it considering all of the times people have assumed that there would be a sale to coincide with the week of a sequel release, it rarely (if ever) happens. Those companies making those games want you to play with the newest installment of their franchise, not stick with the same game especially when it launches. One of the few times I can remember where a sequel got DLC on sale in time with the game's launch was Dance Central, but that's because backward compatible DLC and a Microsoft title.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not other companies but Ubisoft seems likely to do it. Revelations came out November 15th and according to XBLDB the Brotherhood DLC went on sale the week after, and two more times afterwards.

It may not go on sale the week of III's release, but it will definitely be on sale again in another couple months.

[quote name='kulaguy']Maybe not other companies but Ubisoft seems likely to do it. Revelations came out November 15th and according to XBLDB the Brotherhood DLC went on sale the week after, and two more times afterwards.

It may not go on sale the week of III's release, but it will definitely be on sale again in another couple months.[/QUOTE]
You've won this round with your "facts", but mark my words I'll get you back. It may not be through Ubisoft, but through a different company and you'll be thinking there's a sale and then I will be right! I WILL BE RIGHT!

[quote name='speedracer']The problem with the mega sites like SD and FW is that it is filled with people who are hoarders as an occupation. If you say you saw a good deal on CAG, we'll usually each go grab one or a couple for the brahs. A single locust from SD or FW will take every single *whatever* in a 50 mile radius and then brag about it.

Every 6 months or so they rediscover penny guides. They descend like locust on BB and GS and whoever and buy every single copy of every single penny guide. A year later they throw them all away cause their dreams of turning that 50 deep pile of .01 Bully guides into $10 a pop just didn't work out.[/QUOTE]

Yea, just like how this brah helped himself to all the CE copies, right? http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9925960&postcount=23

[quote name='kulaguy']Not in the US. There are GOTY editions of Assassin's Creed games that were released only in Europe, but the DLC was in voucher format so I don't think it would even be compatible with US accounts.

You can get this DLC if you have the points to spend, but they will definitely be on sale for the same price considering the DLC for II and Brotherhood have been on sale for half price several times already. I would guess there would be another sale closer to III's release.[/QUOTE]

i just had a look and there is an edition out call Assassins Creed Revelations Ottoman Edition.
this has all the dlc that is on sale.

[quote name='xbox_man']i just had a look and there is an edition out call Assassins Creed Revelations Ottoman Edition.
this has all the dlc that is on sale.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as I said, it's only in Europe, according to GameFAQs. The game probably costs more to import into America considering Revelations has been as low as $10, so you could make your own complete edition for as little as ~$25, if you get the game and DLC on sale. The DLC in the Ottoman edition is code only and I do not know if the code is even compatible with US accounts since it is a Europe release. And it is highly unlikely to be released in the US because the Assassin's Creed II GOTY edition and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Da Vinci edition, which both came will all of its respective DLC, only came out in Europe.

So, in short, if you're interested in the DLC, buy it now so you have it ready if you're getting Revelations soon. Or if you can wait several months, buy it later since it'll most likely be the same price.

[quote name='bardockkun']You've won this round with your "facts", but mark my words I'll get you back. It may not be through Ubisoft, but through a different company and you'll be thinking there's a sale and then I will be right! I WILL BE RIGHT![/QUOTE]
:applause: :lol:

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Holy Crap... My first contribution!

Great deal and a great game made by the creators of Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World! Its honestly my most anticipated game of the Summer and it does not disappoint if you love old school RPGs.[/QUOTE]

Eeee!! Thanks for posting this here. I was going to buy this at full price when I was ready to play it. Now I got it on sale.

Thanks CAG! I love this site.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Awesome deal and I'm glad you posted it in here, personally. Love Breath of Death and Cthulhu. I really wish it had gotten a proper XBLA release for the achievements but that's just being silly. It probably would still be 800 MSP if it was. I'm probably going to pick this up. Thanks!

It's kind of interesting but with so many indie games now dropping to 80-240 MSP couldn't Xbox already be what sounds so neat for the Ouya?

A bunch of them are the same titles you'll find on Steam and, excluding big budget titles, you can get tons of quality games for really low prices played on your entertainment system with a controller.

Pick up a cheap Xbox 360 and you already have an indie game powerhouse that plays on your TV with social functions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the words! This really should be in OP fellas, like i said before. I dont wanna fudge up the coding of the wiki.

(8/29 - 9/5) Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Ep. 3: 400>240

I did that much! lol

[quote name='KyleGamgee']Eeee!! Thanks for posting this here. I was going to buy this at full price when I was ready to play it. Now I got it on sale.

Thanks CAG! I love this site.[/QUOTE]

Aww, feels good to help! :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back