XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cornelius']Have been thinking about what can be done to simply the formatting, since the bold, italics, and url's can be kind of a chore ... but I don't have any good ideas yet. What makes the most sense is to give Spylon a format/schema, where it makes sense for him to auto-generate.

However, I've got way more urgent feedback for Spylon, and not sure how much he wants to hear, since I'd actually prefer to see LESS overkill on his site to simply navigation & page-loads (which ultimately cost his bottom-line).[/QUOTE]

Cornelius, a schema would be easy to implement. I would also like to add metacritic to xbldb so the link would be there and not just a word that needs to be made a link. This would require community help as I don't have the time. I can create a form to submit a metacritic link and track it with the offer history.

I sent you a PM to talk about xbldb overkill. ;)

[quote name='Cornelius']Hmmm, just realized the time, and the wife is pushing for earlier bedtimes, so I'll pick up the Metacritic, Quick Look, and any other game-sales that pop up on Wednesday in my free time. Thanks again for all the help ... and big thanks as well to Spylon for making updates very quick & painless![/QUOTE]

I'm glad the site is usefull to more than just me. :)

A non xbldb post for me. :)

I tried Rocket Riot and it seems fun but I can't get past the controls, this happened the last times it was on sale too. How can anybody play a twin stick shooter where you flick the second stick to shoot!?!?!

[quote name='KyleGamgee']I bought Alan Wake's American Nightmare. I stayed up way too late last night playing it. Now I'm sleepy at work.[/QUOTE]

Get a Vietnamese iced coffee to quell that sleepyhead. :drool:

[quote name='Spylon']A non xbldb post for me. :)

I tried Rocket Riot and it seems fun but I can't get past the controls, this happened the last times it was on sale too. How can anybody play a twin stick shooter where you flick the second stick to shoot!?!?![/QUOTE]

The flicking is indeed annoying. That said, I liked it enough to get 200/200, and later on did the same in the WP7 version 9which doesn't have the flicking requirement).

Wow, how have I not heard of Rock of Ages until now? Just looking at the title, I thought it was going to be another Guitar Hero/Rock Band clone- but I decided to look it up anyway, and it looks like Marble Blast Ultra + Katamari Damacy + Tower Defense. The gameplay looks fun and unique, the graphics are great, and the concept is just hilarious.

Did some fine-tuning on the OP since I can finally access the Back to School sale page on my Xbox. Thanks to whoever clarified which disc-compilation all of the PopCap games come in. It's kinda annoying how many compilations each game gets itself into, trying to force rebuys when you own 2 of the 3 games on the disc already. It was so bad I had to pretty up the * section because there were ******s everywhereeeee. Had no idea about Zuma's Revenge, luckily I have none of the games on the disc this time, saves me from spending 800 MSP next week at least.

Also, does anyone have any idea what the winning prize from Scratch & Match is this week? I wanna guess it's Hot Pursuit's other piece of DLC, the Armed & Dangerous pack, but DLC hasn't been a prize yet. Any guesses?

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you delete NBA Jam and it's save file then redownload the game, it should start working.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I had tried that. It seems to work for some. Not for me. Had to go buy it again on PS3. Ha.

[quote name='eastx']The flicking is indeed annoying. That said, I liked it enough to get 200/200, and later on did the same in the WP7 version 9which doesn't have the flicking requirement).[/QUOTE]

So I'm not doing it wrong then. No way to avoid the flicking. :(

I may pass, again.

[quote name='Spylon']So I'm not doing it wrong then. No way to avoid the flicking. :(

I may pass, again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I'm remembering correctly, I flicked like crazy through that game. Still enjoyed it quite a bit tho.

Regarding Limbo versus that Arcade disc - I already have the other games on that disc so obviously the Limbo deal is better for me. Plus who wants Trials HD on a disc? That's a download game if there ever was one.

So going to buy Limbo. I was going to buy Joe Danger, but a helpful CAG sold it to me for $5 amazon credit. Even better. :) I'll try the Warp demo if I think of it.

[quote name='KyleGamgee']I bought Alan Wake's American Nightmare. I stayed up way too late last night playing it. Now I'm sleepy at work.[/QUOTE]

Now this is a good endorsement right here. I'm sold.

did you know Mr. Scratch is a psycho?

[quote name='Barry Burton']did you know Mr. Scratch is a psycho?[/QUOTE]

lol. Had that song stuck in my head for a week after playing the game.

Any recommendations on which season of Sam and Max is better or do you all feel like they are both worth the $10 price? I'm enjoying Walking Dead and though I realize they are an entirely different game story and even somewhat gameplay wise, I have a feeling I'd enjoy sam and max too.

Go for the second season of Sam & Max. The first season took a few episodes to really get going for me, so the second season is all good since they found their groove.

[quote name='cthomer5000']lol. Had that song stuck in my head for a week after playing the game.[/QUOTE]

Now it's in my head again. Thanks a lot you bunch of @#$@#$@#$!:lol:

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Did some fine-tuning on the OP since I can finally access the Back to School sale page on my Xbox. Thanks to whoever clarified which disc-compilation all of the PopCap games come in. It's kinda annoying how many compilations each game gets itself into, trying to force rebuys when you own 2 of the 3 games on the disc already. It was so bad I had to pretty up the * section because there were ******s everywhereeeee. Had no idea about Zuma's Revenge, luckily I have none of the games on the disc this time, saves me from spending 800 MSP next week at least.[/QUOTE]
You're welcome, figured it was important to get done asap; but I don't see what you changed or anything.

And I didn't know about Zuma's Revenge either; I just came across it when I was sorting everything out. Pisses me off that they are starting to release XBLA games as a single disc with "bonus" games that are already available on their other discs...

[quote name='Juice el Savior']so how good is raskulls?

What can it honestly be compared to?[/QUOTE]

It's a fun little game. I got it at full price because the wife wanted it, and she played it all the way through. It's kinda like a platformer, but it's mostly just races. You have to destroy the blocks and get to the end before everyone else. Not sure about the online, never really played it, but my wife seems to love the game.

[quote name='weeman43302']It's a fun little game. I got it at full price because the wife wanted it, and she played it all the way through. It's kinda like a platformer, but it's mostly just races. You have to destroy the blocks and get to the end before everyone else. Not sure about the online, never really played it, but my wife seems to love the game.[/QUOTE]

thanks, so im guessing its like mr driller?

anyone know if Simpsons arcade is active online?

[quote name='Juice el Savior']so how good is raskulls?

What can it honestly be compared to?[/QUOTE]
I bought it at full price also. It's a neat little platforming racer. There are a good variety of racing modes and mechanics. Check out the demo.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Did some fine-tuning on the OP since I can finally access the Back to School sale page on my Xbox. Thanks to whoever clarified which disc-compilation all of the PopCap games come in. It's kinda annoying how many compilations each game gets itself into, trying to force rebuys when you own 2 of the 3 games on the disc already. It was so bad I had to pretty up the * section because there were ******s everywhereeeee. Had no idea about Zuma's Revenge, luckily I have none of the games on the disc this time, saves me from spending 800 MSP next week at least.

Also, does anyone have any idea what the winning prize from Scratch & Match is this week? I wanna guess it's Hot Pursuit's other piece of DLC, the Armed & Dangerous pack, but DLC hasn't been a prize yet. Any guesses?[/QUOTE]

I would edit those *'s with colors if i could but my desktop is broken and my laptop is in repair

[quote name='Spylon']Thanks Dthib87. I don't mind sharing but I have worked really hard on xbldb.com and appreciate the recognition and acknowledgment.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem I use xbldb.com a few times a week so it's been great considering how shitty microsoft is with such things.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']thanks, so im guessing its like mr driller?[/QUOTE]

The game has several different types of events, and one of them is similar to Mr. Driller. There's also a kind of platformer/racing, puzzles, and a few others. It's a bit of a mish-mash, but most of the game types are fun.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']thanks, so im guessing its like mr driller?

anyone know if Simpsons arcade is active online?[/QUOTE]
very active. on a related note i started a turtles arcade game the other day and the lobby got full in like a minute too. same with marble blast ultra. suprised (in a good way) at the communities left on those delisted games!

I have noticed that a lot of the Arcade style games have very active communities. I own TMNT, X-Men, and now Simpsons and have had no problem finding a game.

I couldn't find a game earlier for rocket riot and it seems like a fun game to play and there's an achievement for playing one mp match over xbox live. Any CAGs up for a community play date for rocket riot sometime this weekend(maybe sometime Friday or Saturday evening?)

I picked up raskulls when it released too, was a lot of fun. Wouldn't mind playing an mp match on that too.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Go for the second season of Sam & Max. The first season took a few episodes to really get going for me, so the second season is all good since they found their groove.[/QUOTE]

Tbh, I actually liked Season 1 more. Not that Season 2 was bad or anything, I just thought 1 had more charm whereas Season 2 seemed to be trying too hard in some places. But that's just me. Still played and beat both :D

How have I never heard of Rocket Riot until now?! This game is incredible! 200 points is a STEAL for the amount of addictive fun I've been having with it. Also nabbed Joe Danger, Simpsons, and Stacking.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']very active. on a related note i started a turtles arcade game the other day and the lobby got full in like a minute too. same with marble blast ultra. suprised (in a good way) at the communities left on those delisted games![/QUOTE]

Marble Blast is very popular game. MS should've have keep it on marketplace.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']You're welcome, figured it was important to get done asap; but I don't see what you changed or anything.

And I didn't know about Zuma's Revenge either; I just came across it when I was sorting everything out. Pisses me off that they are starting to release XBLA games as a single disc with "bonus" games that are already available on their other discs...[/QUOTE]

I spaced the *s off of xbldb.com link and made them bold. Just seemed like a cleaner look. I'd colour them myself but I have no idea how, lol. But it sounds like a good idea.

Also, whoever found games for TMNT, I'm incredibly jealous. I can NEVER find any Live games for TMNT (and am missing most of the achievements because of that). I can find X-men matches occasionally, same with Marble Blast Ultra. Wish I had been able to pick up the DLC for Marble Blast Ultra. I'm sure the Simpsons multiplayer will be higher cause of all the people finally picking it up and it's the newest arcade release.

[quote name='chapnis']Which is the best NFS: Hot Pursuit DLC to get?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what kind of cars you want. Each pack comes with 3 different cars, so if you want 3 Porsches get the Porsche pack, if you want 3 Lamborghinis get the Lamborghini pack, and if you don't want that, get the Sports pack.

UFC Undisputed 3 is the season pass on sale today for 600 MSP.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Back to School Sale pages 2-4 and August Recently Dropped not loading? Thankfully I can see all the deals here.

I believe I bought everything I wanted. I'm on the fence with Babel Rising, Bloodforge and Rayman 3 HD. None of the trials sold me on them so I'll probably pass.

Picked up...

Sine Mora
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Sonic episode 1 & 2
Stacking
Rock of Ages

And considering Joe Danger at the moment.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Depends on what kind of cars you want. Each pack comes with 3 different cars, so if you want 3 Porsches get the Porsche pack, if you want 3 Lamborghinis get the Lamborghini pack, and if you don't want that, get the Sports pack.[/QUOTE]

Do any of them come with new game modes or anything like that?

[quote name='Cleaner7']Is anyone else having trouble with the Back to School Sale pages 2-4 and August Recently Dropped not loading? Thankfully I can see all the deals here.[/QUOTE]

DING DING DING ... winner winner chicken dinner! :D

I'm having the same problem on my (cough)not public(/cough) firmware, and already entered that feedback in the appropriate place. If you can find my post there, you might indicate you have the same issue. Thanks!

[quote name='chapnis']Do any of them come with new game modes or anything like that?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the Porsche pack has quite a few additional race modes (and cars!), plus 250GS, plus 2 car purchase tokens ... and over in the Forza Motorsport forums, they're all going mad for the sale, so that should be an obvious hint.

[quote name='Sath666'][quote name='SonicXtreme']very active. on a related note i started a turtles arcade game the other day and the lobby got full in like a minute too. same with marble blast ultra. suprised (in a good way) at the communities left on those delisted games![/QUOTE]
Marble Blast is very popular game. MS should've have keep it on marketplace.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't up to them ... blame the whole Sierra, Dynamix, GarageGames, InstantAction/InterActiveCorp debacle starring Jeff Tunnell, Barry Diller (founder of Fox & USA Networks), and Louis Castle (founder of Westwood, currently ousted VP @ Zynga). You're welcome to check out the Wikipedia pages, but the rights to that game will never see the light of day again. :whistle2:(

The Guitar/DJ Hero stuff listed under leftovers in the op are most likely a month long sale on that content. Activision has been rotating Hero content on month long sales for the past few months. I'd fix the op, but I'm at work with a tablet on crappy internet.

[quote name='Cleaner7']UFC Undisputed 3 is the season pass on sale today for 600 MSP.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Back to School Sale pages 2-4 and August Recently Dropped not loading? Thankfully I can see all the deals here.

I believe I bought everything I wanted. I'm on the fence with Babel Rising, Bloodforge and Rayman 3 HD. None of the trials sold me on them so I'll probably pass.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the season pass info. I'm hoping for Fora 4 or Max Payne 3, but taking a closer look at mp3 makes me think it's not worth it. I haven't used my codes for the se or free first pack yet, but having those seems to make getting the season pass not be cost effective.
[quote name='Cornelius']DING DING DING ... winner winner chicken dinner! :D

I'm having the same problem on my (cough)not public(/cough) firmware, and already entered that feedback in the appropriate place. If you can find my post there, you might indicate you have the same issue. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Same problem. I'll have to leave feedback there too.

[quote name='chapnis']Do any of them come with new game modes or anything like that?[/QUOTE]
They each have a few new races. The other pack, Armed and Dangerous has two new modes which aren't all that different.

[quote name='chapnis']I would really recommend Rocket Riot. Really enjoyed it so far.[/QUOTE]
Best $2.50-ish I've spent in a long time.

Um, someone needs to make it their job to post about the daily deals on the dash because some of us are too busy buying games/too lazy to turn our xboxes on to check it for ourselves. I mean who PLAYS games these days anyways.

I am broke so I am not picking anything up this week.:cry: But on the bright side, Happy Wars seems really fun the hour or so I have played it so far.

[quote name='vherub']just to bump the question, are there any reviews of patched bloodforge?[/QUOTE]

No reviews after the patch, but i would say they are hardly fixed something. Camera is still shaky as hell. Only thing i notice is the nerfed bow. Everything else is still the same. Shame.

[quote name='vherub']just to bump the question, are there any reviews of patched bloodforge?[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen any. Game is still awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back