XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='simmias']Best $2.50-ish I've spent in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I've got my eye on Rocket Riot.. is the multiplayer still populated at all? Is it worth it for the single player alone?

[quote name='Markew001']I've got my eye on Rocket Riot.. is the multiplayer still populated at all? Is it worth it for the single player alone?[/QUOTE]
I haven't touched multiplayer yet. I'm still slogging through the 80 rounds. I have a feeling this will be a game I 200//200 and never touch again, but for $2.50 I have no problems with that.

[quote name='Markew001']I've got my eye on Rocket Riot.. is the multiplayer still populated at all? Is it worth it for the single player alone?[/QUOTE]

Speaking from limited experience(being just a few times last night) I was unable to find a game. However, as mentioned here, the single player seems to be quite long. I'm also trying to get together a CAG game sometime this weekend so we can all get the achievement(which is super simple, it's just completing one multiplayer game on xbox live, regardless of where you finish.)

I was thinking of doing this sometime Friday or Saturday night.

Even if you dont play MP I feel like it's worth $2.50 though..

As far as Bloodforge goes, I played the demo and liked the combat enough to drop $7.50 on it. The story seems lackluster and throw away but the game impressed me enough with the visuals and combat to make it seem like it was worth it to me on sale. I can't speak for how it used to play pre-patch but it played fine for me through the demo and I'm looking forward to playing it more.

[quote name='WTPolaris']Speaking from limited experience(being just a few times last night) I was unable to find a game. However, as mentioned here, the single player seems to be quite long. I'm also trying to get together a CAG game sometime this weekend so we can all get the achievement(which is super simple, it's just completing one multiplayer game on xbox live, regardless of where you finish.)

I was thinking of doing this sometime Friday or Saturday night.

Even if you dont play MP I feel like it's worth $2.50 though..
[/QUOTE]

ive been trying each day since i got it and the sale started, have not been able to find a game. im down for a red rocket fight :) this weekend if someones organizing a game.

[quote name='Cornelius']It wasn't up to them ... blame the whole Sierra, Dynamix, GarageGames, InstantAction/InterActiveCorp debacle starring Jeff Tunnell, Barry Diller (founder of Fox & USA Networks), and Louis Castle (founder of Westwood, currently ousted VP @ Zynga). You're welcome to check out the Wikipedia pages, but the rights to that game will never see the light of day again. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Hey everyone, I'm new to CAG & basically the world of Xbox 360.....totally loving everything so far, ESPECIALLY the big sale this week, as I've picked up a few things !! I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions on the game "Marble Blast Ultra" that's been mentioned a few times. I have an XBL Compilation disc, which has the trial version to the game, and since it's no longer available for sale on the marketplace, I've done a little "scavenger hunt" online, and come across a seller on a site that's selling the code for a CRAZY absurd price of $25. ( I know, I know ! )
I realize the last time it was available on the marketplace it was only 400MSP ($5).....do you guys think a code that someone is selling, would even work for a game that no longer is available for retail sale ? Kinda curious....and tempted, even though I'm not happy about the price he's trying to sell it for.

Thanks in advance.........and "CheapAssGamers ROCK !" :)

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey everyone, I'm new to CAG & basically the world of Xbox 360.....totally loving everything so far, ESPECIALLY the big sale this week, as I've picked up a few things !! I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions on the game "Marble Blast Ultra" that's been mentioned a few times. I have an XBL Compilation disc, which has the trial version to the game, and since it's no longer available for sale on the marketplace, I've done a little "scavenger hunt" online, and come across a seller on a site that's selling the code for a CRAZY absurd price of $25. ( I know, I know ! )
I realize the last time it was available on the marketplace it was only 400MSP ($5).....do you guys think a code that someone is selling, would even work for a game that no longer is available for retail sale ? Kinda curious....and tempted, even though I'm not happy about the price he's trying to sell it for.

Thanks in advance.........and "CheapAssGamers ROCK !" :)[/QUOTE]

Hi there =) I can confrim that these codes are still working just traded a Code of Marble Blast Ultra some weeks ago with someone here on CAG no worries at all =) (I'm sure you can get these codes cheaper...I think Gamestop(?) is still selling these codes for 5 bucks =))

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey everyone, I'm new to CAG & basically the world of Xbox 360.....totally loving everything so far, ESPECIALLY the big sale this week, as I've picked up a few things !! I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions on the game "Marble Blast Ultra" that's been mentioned a few times. I have an XBL Compilation disc, which has the trial version to the game, and since it's no longer available for sale on the marketplace, I've done a little "scavenger hunt" online, and come across a seller on a site that's selling the code for a CRAZY absurd price of $25. ( I know, I know ! )

Thanks in advance.........and "CheapAssGamers ROCK !" :)[/QUOTE]

Yes the code SHOULD still work. Best Buy and GameStop used to sell download codes for the game, but unfortunately it doesn't look like either are available anymore. :cry:

It's a pretty fun game, but no way on Earth would I recommend spending $25 on it. I don't think I'd recommend spending any more than $10.

Thanks a million Antarael & Tylerh !! = )
Now if ONLY I could get my hands on a code that's reasonably priced........ho hum.....I'm definitely not spending $25 !

Too bad the Stacking dlc isn't on sale as well. I don't think I will spend more on a dlc than the game itself. Hopefully it will go on sale soon.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Thanks a million Antarael & Tylerh !! = )
Now if ONLY I could get my hands on a code that's reasonably priced........ho hum.....I'm definitely not spending $25 ![/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, if you do pick up the game at some point you still won't be able to obtain the DLC.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Anyone can recommend Babel Rising? It's cool that you can play with the controller and I tried the demo but it's kinda short hum[/QUOTE]

=/?

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']=/?[/QUOTE]

I own it and lost interest pretty quickly. It's a pretty simple game which isn't surprising considering it was on phones first. I didn't play enough of it that I felt like sharing my opinion earlier assuming someone else got further in and could help out, but maybe that says enough.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey everyone, I'm new to CAG & basically the world of Xbox 360.....Thanks in advance.........and "CheapAssGamers ROCK !" :)[/QUOTE]
Welcome to CAG, you'll find that most users here are pretty cool (and also do in fact rock quite hard).:lol:

Great sale this week, I plan on picking up the Marvel V&V tables for Pinball FX2 and the Alan Wake title.
I'm on the fence when it comes to Stacking, love the price and the developer but not the concept.:whistle2:k

If I only have the money to buy one right now, which is better; Alan Wake or Joe Danger? I actually haven't heard much of either of these.

^I liked Alan Wake quite a bit more. Joe Danger was always a bit overhyped, IMO. Also, Joe Danger has been on sale at least 2, if not 3 times. I think it will be on sale more frequently and has a better chance for a price drop than Alan Wake.

I went absoultely crazy with this sale. 4400 MSP went a long way, and I'm happy with everything I purchased ;)

However, the CAG in me is telling me to get both of the Sam & Max games. It's pretty much 2 for the price of 1 if I get both. I'm just not sure... I mean, I liked the Monkey Island games. Are they anything like that? Or better?

[quote name='Dr Akula']Too bad the Stacking dlc isn't on sale as well. I don't think I will spend more on a dlc than the game itself. Hopefully it will go on sale soon.[/QUOTE]
It was on sale earlier this year for 200 points. I've been in the habit of picking up on-sale dlc before I even own the game, as I wait for a sale on the main game.

This was one time that I didn't do it, i'm kicking myself. I too hope that the dlc goes on sale in the future once again, since I'm planning on snagging the main game for 300.

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']I went absoultely crazy with this sale. 4400 MSP went a long way, and I'm happy with everything I purchased ;)

However, the CAG in me is telling me to get both of the Sam & Max games. It's pretty much 2 for the price of 1 if I get both. I'm just not sure... I mean, I liked the Monkey Island games. Are they anything like that? Or better?[/QUOTE]

I would say get both. But then again, I'm biased since I've loved Sam & Max since "Hit the Road".

Anyway, Telltale games was started by a bunch of ex-Lucasarts employees, and they worked on some of the great old point and click games. It's very much one of those like Monkey Island, here you have episodic stories (that connect and run jokes) that follow the same gameplay. Here's the puzzle, find the item, get to the goal.

All three of the seasons are available for PC download or on-disc buys from their store, which used to run pretty consistent sales. I played through the first season on XBL, and it handles a little funny with a controller but not horribly. The biggest draw to this game is the sense of humor. So here's a test: how much do you laugh at this clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVhuKU2aQo8&feature=related

So I see that the Forza 4 Season Pass is the next daily discounted pass and it's the 1200 I thought it would be. It says it includes DLC released through April. The Porsche pack was released after and therefore not included, right? Are they fucking serious? Not going to buy any more of their DLCs because that is complete horse fuck.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Um, someone needs to make it their job to post about the daily deals on the dash because some of us are too busy buying games/too lazy to turn our xboxes on to check it for ourselves. I mean who PLAYS games these days anyways.[/QUOTE]

Lol, sorry, I neglected to add UFC 3's Season Pass to the OP. It's amended now, and the sale for tomorrow is also up.

Friday's Daily Season Pass deal is Forza for 1200 ($15) MSP. Not too shabby, have it. :bouncy:

Edit: Sorry to have buried your post Chrono. Does anyone know if the Season Pass includes the Porsche pack released after April?

Had 2 questions. Planning on getting Pinball FX 2 core, the marvel table that is on sale, are the boards good or for you guys that have it, is it worth it?

Also, for the Simpsons game, loved it as a kid. I'm afraid after beating it, there won't be any incentive to play it again. Anyone feel that way after beating it?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Had 2 questions. Planning on getting Pinball FX 2 core, the marvel table that is on sale, are the boards good or for you guys that have it, is it worth it?

Also, for the Simpsons game, loved it as a kid. I'm afraid after beating it, there won't be any incentive to play it again. Anyone feel that way after beating it?[/QUOTE]

I thought each pinball table was worth $1.25 each in both packs, yeah.

As for the Simpsons game, it depends if you have local or online friends to play with. It's not a game you play a whole lot of at once, but it's a game you can come back to randomly, again and again every once in a while. I'd say it's worth $5.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Had 2 questions. Planning on getting Pinball FX 2 core, the marvel table that is on sale, are the boards good or for you guys that have it, is it worth it?

Also, for the Simpsons game, loved it as a kid. I'm afraid after beating it, there won't be any incentive to play it again. Anyone feel that way after beating it?[/QUOTE]

Core isn't nearly as good as the newer stuff.

Like all the Marvel packs that one is top notch quality.

Although if you end up getting addicted to PB F/X 2 and wanting every table then you'll be happy you got core now.

As for The Simpsons, you gotta get all the achievements to get your money out of it as the game only takes 30 minutes to beat.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Lol, sorry, I neglected to add UFC 3's Season Pass to the OP. It's amended now, and the sale for tomorrow is also up.

Friday's Daily Season Pass deal is Forza for 1200 ($15) MSP. Not too shabby, have it. :bouncy:

Edit: Sorry to have buried your post Chrono. Does anyone know if the Season Pass includes the Porsche pack released after April?[/QUOTE]

No the season pass DOES NOT include the Porsche expansion or any pack after April. But the season pass is still worth $15 plus $10 for the porsche expansion. $25 for a Sh**load of cars is not bad at all.

Well, it's an old school beat em up. Unless you plan on doing 1 credit playthroughs, you won't be replaying much.

Last edited by a moderator:

I loved all those tables, you can't go wrong at all at $1.25 per table.

I'm not even sure I'd recommend Simpsons at $5. I never played it in arcades so I didn't have nostalgia glasses at all, and I thought it was pretty lame. I'm glad I got it free on that other console.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I thought each pinball table was worth $1.25 each in both packs, yeah.

As for the Simpsons game, it depends if you have local or online friends to play with. It's not a game you play a whole lot of at once, but it's a game you can come back to randomly, again and again every once in a while. I'd say it's worth $5.[/QUOTE]

Agree...

Picked up the Marvel pack for FX2. I have all the Marvel Packs now, yay :p. I'm also tempted on Raskulls and Rocket Riot but I think I can resist... unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Alan Wake: American Nightmare is a great deal for fans of the original game. I paid full price back when it came out, but $7.50 sounds about right to me.
Also, Stacking. I love Stacking. I'd recommend trying the demo first, as some people on CAG have complained of feeling motion sickness due to the way the characters bob along on screen. Great game though.

[quote name='limesqueeze']If I only have the money to buy one right now, which is better; Alan Wake or Joe Danger? I actually haven't heard much of either of these.[/QUOTE]

Each game has a pretty lengthy demo so definitely check those out to get a good idea of what each game is. I find Alan Wake to be the more enjoyable game but that's because I don't like score-based games like Joe Danger, Trials, etc.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Also, for the Simpsons game, loved it as a kid. I'm afraid after beating it, there won't be any incentive to play it again. Anyone feel that way after beating it?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about The Simpsons game too then I found out there's an achievement for beating the game in under 30 minutes. There's no justification for spending any kind of money on a game like that.

Picked up Vengeance and Virtue table add-on and Alan Wake: American Nightmare. Planned on getting Rayman 3 but now I'm on the fence; probably just going to get the demo for now. I know PvZ has been on sale many times before but I might finally bite on it this time. I'm pretty terrible at tower defense games but with the multiplayer aspect I think it's something both my wife and I can be terrible at together.

Well I've gone through all the demos and I'm picking up:

Rocket Riot (holy fuck that game was surprisingly fun- played the demo for ~30 minutes)
Assault Heroes 2 (liked the first one and almost bit the last couple times this went to 400 but figured it would drop to 200 like the first)
3D Ultra Mini Golf (seemed worth a couple bucks)
Mad Riders (decent enough demo)
Babel Rising (confirmed playable via regular controller)
Both Transformers WfC DLCs (started playing it recently & almost bought these for 400 but decided they weren't worth it since they didn't have any additional gamerscore included)
Pinball FX 2 Marvel: Vengeance & Virtue pack (mo pinball!)

Bloodforge is cool but I will gamble on a lower price during the end of the year sale. The Simpsons is still fun, but I have a feeling it's going to be another super 200 point deal sometime so I'll wait on that as well. Sine Mora is a buy for 600 or less.

Still on the fence about Rayman 3 HD and Warp though.

Already own Limbo, Carcassonne, Geometry Wars 2, Joe Danger SE, Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection, Raskulls, Rock of Ages, Stacking, and of course the Pinball FX 2 Core pack. I would recommend Carcassonne, Geometry Wars 2, Raskulls, Rock of Ages and the Pinball FX 2 Core pack to anyone interested. All pretty good to excellent games.

[quote name='metallicoholic'] I was thinking about The Simpsons game too then I found out there's an achievement for beating the game in under 30 minutes. There's no justification for spending any kind of money on a game like that.[/QUOTE]

I'm lost on the logic here. It's an arcade beat-em up port, it's not like they deliberately made it short for the achievement. The achievement's just another challenge because it is beatable in 30 minutes straight (but it's rather difficult to hit that time solo) and you don't HAVE to get the achievement.

Look, as I said earlier I'd recommend it because like most arcade beat-em ups (TMNT 1989, Double Dragon, X-men), it's fun to go back to once in a while and fun to play once with a group of friends who have it or randomly while drunk @ 3 a.m. (I have found people online on X-men in such a scenario). I'll say X-men is a lot more fun to come back to than Simpsons, but Simpsons is pretty close.

I'll add the note about the Porsche thing in the OP. It is somewhat annoying the Season Pass kinda screws you like that, i'm guess the Porsche DLC wasn't originally planned?

X-men was only offered as a 200 MSP supersale ONCE, by the way. I wouldn't gamble on it. Konami is pretty cheap. And full disclosure, I have total nostalgia glasses on regarding the game, lol. Loved playing it on arcade emulators.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']X-men was only offered as a 200 MSP supersale ONCE, by the way. I wouldn't gamble on it. Konami is pretty cheap. And full disclosure, I have total nostalgia glasses on regarding the game, lol. Loved playing it on arcade emulators.[/QUOTE]

It only has to go on sale for that price once for me to pick it up though ;)

Don't forget TMNT: Reshelled was heavily discounted at least once as well. Same style of game originally from the end of the arcade era too. I've got a good feeling The Simpsons game follow suit. If not, it'll surely go on sale for 400msp again. That I'm confident about.

I've played all 3 in the arcades when they were new. I know of a place I can still play The Simpsons and X-Men in town when I was still jonesing and had no alternative. Loved them then and still love them now. I don't get the rose colored glasses thing sometimes. More often than not a good game is a good game is a good game no matter how old it gets. But then, I might have a better appreciation for games given their original environments.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I wouldn't gamble on it. Konami is pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Not an arcade game but a 16-bit game that eventually made it to current-gen consoles: Rocket Knight

Been priced at 1200 spacebucks and never had a sale or price reduction since its release in May 2010. It was however on sale on both the Steam and PSN versions at $7.49 in late or summer 2011 but never had another sale since.

makes me sad to see everyone in this topic with all their points saved up meanwhile I'm still figuring out if I want Alan Wake or the Marvel Pinball tables

[quote name='vlv723']Not an arcade game but a 16-bit game that eventually made it to current-gen consoles: Rocket Knight

Been priced at 1200 spacebucks and never had a sale or price reduction since its release in May 2010. It was however on sale on both the Steam and PSN versions at $7.49 in late or summer 2011 but never had another sale since.[/QUOTE]

Been waiting on this one too.

Between PSN and XBLA, I have the vast majority of games in this sale. Only things I'm interested in are:

Stacking (beat on my friends PS3, but wouldn't mind owning my own copy for 300msp)
Assault Heroes 2 (demo was meh)
Babel Rising (demo was less than meh)
Mad Riders (demo was ok)

I'm curious, has anyone put in significant time with Mad Riders? It felt kind of tough in the demo, I'm not really great at racing games. Is the game pretty difficult?

[quote name='vlv723']Not an arcade game but a 16-bit game that eventually made it to current-gen consoles: Rocket Knight

Been priced at 1200 spacebucks and never had a sale or price reduction since its release in May 2010. It was however on sale on both the Steam and PSN versions at $7.49 in late or summer 2011 but never had another sale since.[/QUOTE]

Just a clarification, while it is the same character, it's a totally different game from the Genesis way back in the day. Unfortunate as I'd have loved a straight port.

Also, I thought I asked here, but maybe not. For carcassone, I'm tempted to get it, but on the fence. For the online, how active is it? Probably will be the deciding factor for me.

Alright, updated the OP with what is and what isn't in the Forza 4 Season Pass. Enjoy, there's a shit ton missing from the Season Pass, lol (but the math says it's worth it unless they release a re-issue like they did with Forza 3, and I hope they do). And I agree with vlv about not necessarily taking sales for granted by expecting a repeat.

So I'm completely on the fence about Sonic 4 Episode II: I haven't beaten Episode I or even Sonic CD yet (don't really love CD though) and I feel like it's going to come down even more, maybe by the end of the year. Any thoughts? Is it worth my 600 space bucks?

Already picked up Warp and Assault Heroes 2 - wavering on Rocket Riot - passed on Stacking

[quote name='Felder71']So I'm completely on the fence about Sonic 4 Episode II: I haven't beaten Episode I or even Sonic CD yet (don't really love CD though) and I feel like it's going to come down even more, maybe by the end of the year. Any thoughts? Is it worth my 600 space bucks?

Already picked up Warp and Assault Heroes 2 - wavering on Rocket Riot - passed on Stacking[/QUOTE]

I had the demo sitting on my hard drive so I decided to just pick up Episode II while it was cheaper.

I dunno, man. It controls a little better than the first and the level design is improved. On the flipside, the music is a lot worse and the boss battles are tedious and terribly designed.

I definitely wouldn't pay 1200 for this...hell, maybe I should have waited until it was 400.

Yeah, as a Sonic fan, I kind of feel Episode 2 was kind of lacking. Music is pretty bad as everyone was saying & it just didn't feel as fun as it should've been. I'm really glad I waited for a sale than getting it day 1 like I did Ep. 1. & Episode Metal isn't all that great. It reminded me of the annoying trend of putting enemies right at the edge of ledges. I'd only recommend this if you really like Sonic games.

Oh yeah, & not to spoil anything, but your reward for beating the game with all the emeralds & red rings is
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. No bonus ending like last time, just an achievement saying you beat the game with all the red rings collected.

Thanks for the input everyone. At $7.50, I may bite. There was a time in my life where I paid $50 for a Sonic game and was happy. Even just a decent one at $7.50 has to be worth it. I guess the price we pay for games now is just so much less, it's hard to determine. Also, considering we haven't seen a sale for Guardian Heroes (another Sega game), I'm concerned we might not see another Sonic Ep 2 sale for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back