XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tylerh1701']^Yeah, it's a puzzle game, but not like brain-numbingly difficult one. I definitely recommend it, though if you're an achievement completionist, maybe look up the cheevos first as it takes several runthroughs.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Thank you Tyler. If i get a moment tonight I'll try the trial one more time. I bought a ton of games so missing out on one will be ok.

Bloodforge is fun so far and the patch must have fixed alot of issues.

Limbo is awesome, i recommend it to everyone. Loved it that much!

[quote name='Sath666']Wow this game Kung-Fu Strike can be frustrating as hell in later stages. :lol:
Can't see myself getting S ranks in this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Kung Fu Strike is ridiculously difficult. The last half of the game felt like nothing but work to me instead of fun. The co-op also has major problems. Hence I gave it this negative review.

[quote name='gordojones88']I still play Geometry Wars 2 at least once a month hoping to somehow improve and get better with practice. Sadly, I never even get close to my previous high scores.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah same here man. I've lost my touch. :( At one point I was ranked like #600 on the Waves mode. Still, I'd have to say it's probably my favorite arcade game of all time.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Haha, yeah same here man. I've lost my touch. :( At one point I was ranked like #600 on the Waves mode. Still, I'd have to say it's probably my favorite arcade game of all time.[/QUOTE]

^ Ditto. I still love this game, but I'm no where near as sharp as I used to be. I'm not a big fan of achievements (I know, sacrilege), but GW2's cheevos are so smart, it brings a whole new element & appreciation to the game.

I'm still on the fence with the FX2 Marvel V&V pack (demos give too short a taste.) How do these tables rate vs the other tables? "Must have" or something less?

[quote name='007bond']Picked up Rock of Ages. Looks like a fun (and weird) game![/QUOTE]

It is man it is =D Good choice anyway can highly recommend this game..already completed it =)

[quote name='fatboyjam']I'm still on the fence with the FX2 Marvel V&V pack (demos give too short a taste.) How do these tables rate vs the other tables? "Must have" or something less?[/QUOTE]

Definitley one of the better table sets but also like most of the other Marvel Tables quite challenging...I got it myself during this sale and have to say I don't regret it in any way...the tables are really fun =)

On another note Two Worlds Curse of Souls – Pack 2 just dropped from 600 to 160 MSP...

I grabbed all the cheaper games I wanted now I have to choose two of the four more expensive ones on my list. Anyone care to help me with the decision, I would appreciate it. The decision is between bloodforge, sine mora, and the 2 Sam and max episodes.

down to my last 400 pts (well really have 4400, but banking the 4k for cod elite)...

on the fence with using it on the 2 transformers packs (anyone know how active the online community is nowadays?) haven't played it in several months and cant log in as I no longer have the game.

other option im considering is the simpsons game......didnt really play it much in the arcade growing up, as x-men was my go to game :)....but i know just like x-men, it wont be the same and i wont play it after the initial 30 mins or so.

only thing I picked up was alan wake, had mostly everything else I had interest in, except for 2 sonic episodes and pinball...but I just dont think I would be that into pinball on xbox and still think sonic are too overpriced lol :)

Kung Fu Strike is brutally hard but I loved it. It was somewhere south of Ninja Gaiden to me. Not everything worked but it was a fun ride once I just played on Easy.

don't see how they expect many people to beat it on Hard though

Did anyone else have trouble playing Pinball FX 2 after buying it this week? I can't find the game in my games list, and it doesn't appear in the Quickplay menu. It's on my hard drive, and when I try to launch it from my download history, I get a message "play the game it was intended for", or some such bullshit.

You don't need to also own Pinball FX to play the sequel, do you? I spent an hour on the phone with Live Support on Saturday night, but they couldn't resolve the issue. Sucks, because I've been wanting this game for several months.

[quote name='shieryda']Did anyone else have trouble playing Pinball FX 2 after buying it this week? I can't find the game in my games list, and it doesn't appear in the Quickplay menu. It's on my hard drive, and when I try to launch it from my download history, I get a message "play the game it was intended for", or some such bullshit.

You don't need to also own Pinball FX to play the sequel, do you? I spent an hour on the phone with Live Support on Saturday night, but they couldn't resolve the issue. Sucks, because I've been wanting this game for several months.[/QUOTE]

May sound like a stupid question...but did you actually download the FREE full game? (because ONLY having the core tables doesn't work without the game itself..)

Last minute purchases of - Alan Wake, Raskulls, Marvel V&V pack, Geometry Wars 2. I think a huge backlog gives me comfort........or something

[quote name='shieryda']...trouble playing Pinball FX 2... I can't find the game in my games list, and it doesn't appear in the Quickplay menu. It's on my hard drive, and when I try to launch it from my download history, I get a message "play the game it was intended for"...[/QUOTE]
Antarael Dulacrebeat me to it. Make sure you have the free base game downloaded, the tables are add-ons to that. That might be what it means by play the game it was intended for.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I'm still on the fence with the FX2 Marvel V&V pack (demos give too short a taste.) How do these tables rate vs the other tables? "Must have" or something less?[/QUOTE]
I think these tables are pretty great, I only have 9 others but I don't regret getting them at all. Especially for the price, $1.25 per table is a an easy choice if you like Pinball FX2.

Since I usually work on tuesdays morning, I decided to buy some arcade games even though I just got my 360 backlog down to 2 games (dead island GOTY Edition , I like to max out all 4 characters and Borderlands GOTY : i'm no where close on beating that game) I decided to pick up the following

Babel Rising ( I really liked the demo and I'm about 4 levels into it and it's fun for $5 I can't really complain, Plus my wife likes it too So WIn-WIn)
Assault Heroes 1 & 2 (played the demos to both figure $5 for 2 games isn't bad)
The Simpsons ( Me and my Wife have been playing the crap out of this one)
Rock of ages ( i really like the style of this game :)
Stacking ( for 300 pts can't pass this up, demo was a little cute and fun)

So there goes my backlog back up :/ oh well games were cheap : )

ok somebody tell me how i had an extra 1600 points in my account

i was expecting 400 since i bought 3 summer of arcade games, but 1600?

holy shit what did i do to deserve all of these extra points?

[quote name='Barry Burton']ok somebody tell me how i had an extra 1600 points in my account

i was expecting 400 since i bought 3 summer of arcade games, but 1600?

holy shit what did i do to deserve all of these extra points?[/QUOTE]

just spend them quickly and stop asking questions :lol:

I tried the demo of Raskulls and I'm not completely sold. It was fun and I think multiplayer would be a lot more fun, but I'm still iffy. Thoughts?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']just spend them quickly and stop asking questions :lol:[/QUOTE]

i had 800 points, than i went to buy sam and max and it said i had 2400

i bought bloodforge, raskulls, assault heros and sam and max

i have 400 left

is it some sort of error or what? i'm not sure what else i should buy because i have most of the games on sale

you're saying i could lose the extra points?

I also got 1,600 points. I bought Walking Dead Ep. 3, and am trying to figure out what else. I already purchased Rayman 3, Sine Mora, Sonic Ep. II, and Bloodforge prior to getting these, so I already got pretty much everything I wanted.

I already own 200+ XBLA games, so it's hard for me to even find something to spend these on before they disappear.

Hell yeah I got those bonus points as well too bad I have everything on the list already. I guess I shall buy mark of the ninja and kung fu strike. I hope this motivates people to buy both sam and max titles since these are the ones reimbursing us with MS points......

I have 400 MSP left, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which game, between Raskulls, Warp, or Pinball FX2 Core, I should get. I have almost everything else, except for 3D Ultra and Rocket Riot, and I'm only getting one because college just started and I can't afford to buy more MSP. Can anyone sway me between my three choices? Raskulls, Warp, or Core? I have V&V and Paranormal for tables btw.

So, I think I lost my mind in regards to this sale. So far I have blown fucking $70 and I'm still contemplating some titles. Jesus Christ, why'd they have to couple such an awesome DotW with such an awesome open-to-all sale? Surely they would have fared better spacing them out?

So far I've bought:

Simpsons Arcade
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Rayman 3 (Most random title in the DotW)
Joe Danger DLC (Wish the free Christmas one was still around)
Metro 2033 DLC (Always planned to buy the game)
Marvel: V&V Pinball Table Pack (Now I have all the Marvel table packs, thank you to whoever suggested getting the newest pack for July's rewards promotion :D)
Sonic 4 Episode 1 (FINALLY)
Rocket Riot
3D Minigolf
Assault Heroes
Assault Heroes 2
Both Transformers WFC DLCs (still need to finally pick up the game)
Both Sam & Max Games
and the last NFS: HP DLC I hadn't picked up (Super Sports Pack)

Not to mention I already own

Stacking
Rock of Ages
Joe Danger: Special Edition
Limbo
and Pinball FX 2 Core

Can't even imagine how much money I'd be out if I didn't already have those ^

And on top of that I'm still fucking considering (though most of these are big name titles which have either been on sale before, or will most likely go on sale again)

Warp
Bloodforge
Sonic 4 Episode 2 (Whoever said they're trying to fight it and wait 'till 400 but nostalgia is kicking their ass, I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU)
Raskulls
Carcassonne (though it doesn't look like my thing)
Mad Riders

Which means the only things on sale that I won't own are all the avatar crap (though the Boulder Pet looks nice), the Tiger Woods DLC (Realistic EA golf games with multiplayer that'll be gone within the year = bleh), the Forza 4 DLC (holding out for an Ultimate Edition), Guitar Hero 3 DLC, Geometry Wars Evolved 2 (holding out to get it on disc), Sine Mora (waiting for it to go lower) and Babel Rising (looks like shit)

Between this week, and the $15 I wanna spend next week finally getting Astropop, Peggle Nights, Bejeweled Blitz and Heavy Weapon, with Double Dragon Neon and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins on their way, and the fact that I just paid a semester's tuition, I think I'm going to be living without electricity and eating nothing but ramen next month. Between tight budgets and lack of playtime, this was not a good time to put stuff on sale for us college kids, lol.

Edit: Anyone else pissed that this sale doesn't magically stack with this month's reward promo? I kinda am.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']I have 400 MSP left, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which game, between Raskulls, Warp, or Pinball FX2 Core, I should get. I have almost everything else, except for 3D Ultra and Rocket Riot, and I'm only getting one because college just started and I can't afford to buy more MSP. Can anyone sway me between my three choices? Raskulls, Warp, or Core? I have V&V and Paranormal for tables btw.[/QUOTE]

Raskulls is a pretty fun arcade game i bought it a year ago and enjoyed it.I only played the Warp demo and found it to be ok.As for the PFX2 table if those are the original tables from the first PFX then i reccomend that instead if not then get Raskulls.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I grabbed all the cheaper games I wanted now I have to choose two of the four more expensive ones on my list. Anyone care to help me with the decision, I would appreciate it. The decision is between bloodforge, sine mora, and the 2 Sam and max episodes.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd just get Bloodforge and skip the other 3. I don't like when 1200msp games only get a 33% discount so I'd skip Sine Mora, and I'm not an adventure game fan so the Sam & Max games are out. But if you're set on buying 2, I'd go with Bloodforge and Sine Mora.

[quote name='Tsel']I tried the demo of Raskulls and I'm not completely sold. It was fun and I think multiplayer would be a lot more fun, but I'm still iffy. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It's sweet. There's 50-60 single player challenge levels with a decent amount of variety. They're all doable with a little bit of practice, and the MP isn't bad either. Plus you get bonuses in ilomilo and World of Keflings if you have this game. I think you actually get a Raskull-looking Kefling, which is really awesome, but I'm not positive on that.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i had 800 points, than i went to buy sam and max and it said i had 2400

i bought bloodforge, raskulls, assault heros and sam and max

i have 400 left

is it some sort of error or what? i'm not sure what else i should buy because i have most of the games on sale

you're saying i could lose the extra points?[/QUOTE]

These errors happen ALL THE TIME, I'm not sure WTF MS is doing to screw up this badly. They always take the points away, and they may even put your points into negative. I'd assume you'd be able to talk your way out of it since it was their mistake.

[quote name='Blade']I have 400 MSP left, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which game, between Raskulls, Warp, or Pinball FX2 Core, I should get. I have almost everything else, except for 3D Ultra and Rocket Riot, and I'm only getting one because college just started and I can't afford to buy more MSP. Can anyone sway me between my three choices? Raskulls, Warp, or Core? I have V&V and Paranormal for tables btw.[/QUOTE]

All 3 are great. FX2 Core is gonna give you the most longevity if you like pinball, because those tables are infinitely re-playable. Warp is probably my personal favorite of the 3, but Raskulls is very good too. You can't go wrong, although I'd recommend buying 800msp from Amazon and grab all 3 haha

@BobbyTastic I bet you haven't even noticed that they gave you back 1600 ms points for buying both Sam and max titles. But we are on the same boat with the spending, Plus if you consider that Ive used all my @gamer coupons and Rushed the TRU 2 for $60. I would be ashamed of my self if I add up all Ive spent in the last month. CAG 4 LIFE

[quote name='chuckie88']I think these tables are pretty great, I only have 9 others but I don't regret getting them at all. Especially for the price, $1.25 per table is a an easy choice if you like Pinball FX2.[/QUOTE]

Snagged. Thank you chuckie88 and antarael dulacre.

[quote name='Gscept']@BobbyTastic I bet you haven't even noticed that they gave you back 1600 ms points for buying both Sam and max titles. [/QUOTE]

What's that?

Been following this thread but haven't seen any discussion on mad riders. I can't get to the demo right now, any opinions? I enjoy trials and burnout paradise, but not much else in terms of real vechIcle games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']What's that?[/QUOTE]

Apparently people have been getting 1600 MSP back for some reason (assuming it has to do with the Summer of Arcade promotion), but I haven't gotten any MSP back sadly.

Lol @ Gscept, CAG 4 Life indeed.

And wait, what's that you say? Raskulls gives an ilomilo bonus? God damnit, now I HAVE to get it AND finish ilomilo.

I think if I don't get this magical 1600 MSP bonus that I'll just end up getting Raskulls, Warp, and Mad Riders before I cry myself to sleep to avoid spending more money. I swear to god if Bloodforge, Sonic Ep 2 and Sine Mora don't go on sale again this year though, I'll kick myself.

Edit: @bajingo If you've played Pure or Nail'd in your life, you'd have a decent sense of what to expect. The main pull is the speed, how easy it is to get into, and the 45 "different" tracks, but the main gripes lie in the fact that it feels like a watered down version of said games. Most negative reviews I've read seemed to be comparing it to full retail games, I saw a few good reviews mention how it's great for the original price tag, so I can imagine it being worth half that.

Ugh, hate having this leftover 80 MSP, almost makes me wanna buy that Rock of Ages head for my avatar, it does admittedly look pretty funny.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']And wait, what's that you say? Raskulls gives an ilomilo bonus? God damnit, now I HAVE to get it AND finish ilomilo.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Raskulls, Ilomilo and World of Keflings all give in game bonuses to each other. Great cross promotion for three really good games. I enjoyed all three quite a bit. Still need to go back and do the Ilomilo DLC though.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Correct. Raskulls, Ilomilo and World of Keflings all give in game bonuses to each other. Great cross promotion for three really good games. I enjoyed all three quite a bit. Still need to go back and do the Ilomilo DLC though.[/QUOTE]

There needs to be more of this. ^ It's a shame that I haven't seen Keflings get a sale since I got my Xbox in early '11, probably would have picked it up.

[quote name='DANIEL']I missed Gears of War 3 season pass for 50% off. how likely is it that this sale price will comeback soon? any idea?[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I know just how you feel. I missed out on the SR3 season pass sale (which I imagine was a real kick in the nads to those who bought the Season Pass at full price and even to the people who bought the SR3 DLC when it was DotW not too long ago, THQ needs dat monies). I think that since Gears is a Microsoft property, that sales are more likely on it. I've noticed they've really been pushing for Gears 3 game sales, it was a GoD for $15 the other day. I'd say Christmas is a good time to hope for a repeat (along with some of the other pass deals and maybe include Max Payne 3's?)

Edit: Yeah, I ain't seeing the bonus 1600. I'm gonna bite on some Amazon codes and pick up the 3 titles I mentioned previously, and then drink my financial woes away (but not really because I have shit to do tomorrow morning).

I'm not the biggest racing fan (hate simulators, only like arcade racers where you can crash into stuff willy-nilly), but I figure that I need at least one MX game, hoping it's as crazy as Hydro Thunder was.

[quote name='bajingo']Been following this thread but haven't seen any discussion on mad riders. I can't get to the demo right now, any opinions? I enjoy trials and burnout paradise, but not much else in terms of real vechIcle games.[/QUOTE]

I thought the demo was only OK. I'm not a big racing game fan, so I passed. Unless you really dig racers, I don't think there's much in the game that you'll regret missing out on if you don't buy it.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']And wait, what's that you say? Raskulls gives an ilomilo bonus? God damnit, now I HAVE to get it AND finish ilomilo. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Correct. Raskulls, Ilomilo and World of Keflings all give in game bonuses to each other. Great cross promotion for three really good games. I enjoyed all three quite a bit. Still need to go back and do the Ilomilo DLC though.[/QUOTE]

Super awesome cross-promotion, hope to see lots more of it in the future. (Trials Evo and Minecraft have done a good job recently.)

I guess you only get skins in Ilomilo if you buy Raskulls, but still kind of cool. Here's the whole thing explained in a 2 minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2e5UP5p7eI&feature=player_embedded#!

Just played the demo for one of the Sam & Max games (forgot about them when I did my big demo run earlier this week) and it was really funny. I am tempted to part with the 1600 points for the pair after the first 5 minutes, but I never buy a game for more than 600 points. Should I break my rule?

[quote name='DANIEL']I missed Gears of War 3 season pass for 50% off. how likely is it that this sale price will comeback soon? any idea?[/QUOTE]

Very likely. Both the season pass and the DLC for the game have been on sale multiple times already.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just played the demo for one of the Sam & Max games (forgot about them when I did my big demo run earlier this week) and it was really funny. I am tempted to part with the 1600 points for the pair after the first 5 minutes, but I never buy a game for more than 600 points. Should I break my rule?[/QUOTE]

No. :)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just played the demo for one of the Sam & Max games (forgot about them when I did my big demo run earlier this week) and it was really funny. I am tempted to part with the 1600 points for the pair after the first 5 minutes, but I never buy a game for more than 600 points. Should I break my rule?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I don't expect it to drop any further, and I'd say 800 is definitely a fair sales price considering that these games are a series of episodes (much like the Walking Dead) and a retail disk release for either of them was definitely never out of the question. If you think of them as a GoD as opposed to an arcade game, you can probably justify spending more money (at least I can).

Man, I am majorly bummed out about not getting these free 1600 points. Are you guys SURE it's because of the Sam & Max games? I bought them at different hours today, could that be why I'm not getting points back?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Absolutely. I don't expect it to drop any further, and I'd say 800 is definitely a fair sales price considering that these games are a series of episodes (much like the Walking Dead) and a retail disk release for either of them was definitely never out of the question. If you think of them as a GoD as opposed to an arcade game, you can probably justify spending more money (at least I can).

Man, I am majorly bummed out about not getting these free 1600 points. Are you guys SURE it's because of the Sam & Max games? I bought them at different hours today, could that be why I'm not getting points back?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. It's so rare for Telltale XBLA games to go on sale, if you don't get Sam & Max for 800 Points apiece now, you may never have an opportunity to get them for less than full price again. Just bought them myself. :)

Thanks for opinions on mad riders, will skip it. Got a ton from this sale, good job this week on their part.

It response to someone's question about transformers MP, I've been playing lately and haven't had trouble finding populated game. Just played one now and it's Monday night so community is decent still.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Since I am clue-less on what to purchase, my friend recommended Spelunky. So, I suppose I shall go with that and hope he's right about it.[/QUOTE]

It's hard as hell. Make sure you're up for a challenge and a very patient person if you want to see yourself all the way through it.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Absolutely. I don't expect it to drop any further, and I'd say 800 is definitely a fair sales price considering that these games are a series of episodes (much like the Walking Dead) and a retail disk release for either of them was definitely never out of the question. If you think of them as a GoD as opposed to an arcade game, you can probably justify spending more money (at least I can).

Man, I am majorly bummed out about not getting these free 1600 points. Are you guys SURE it's because of the Sam & Max games? I bought them at different hours today, could that be why I'm not getting points back?[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy the Sam & max games. It must be from the SoA deal.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Since I am clue-less on what to purchase, my friend recommended Spelunky. So, I suppose I shall go with that and hope he's right about it.[/QUOTE]

Got so close to buying spelunkER on psn as it was on sale before realizing it Was a different game

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's hard as hell. Make sure you're up for a challenge and a very patient person if you want to see yourself all the way through it.[/QUOTE]

I'm a completely masochistic gamer, so I should be fine I hope. I used to be #13 on the N+ leaderboards, and beat Super Meat Boy fully in a sitting (within 3 hours or less). So, if it's that kind of masochistic gameplay, I'm more than ready. If not, well.... Shaq-Fu.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I'm a completely masochistic gamer, so I should be fine I hope. I used to be #13 on the N+ leaderboards, and beat Super Meat Boy fully in a sitting (within 3 hours or less). So, if it's that kind of masochistic gameplay, I'm more than ready. If not, well.... Shaq-Fu.[/QUOTE]

Ya, if you can get through N+, you're fine. fuck I hated that game haha.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I didn't buy the Sam & max games. It must be from the SoA deal.[/QUOTE]

Thought so. I know this wasn't intentional, but they probably would have sold much more Summer of Arcade titles if the reward was 1600 MSP back as opposed to 400. Coulda picked up Tony Hawk, Deadlight and Dust: An Elysian Tale for 2000 MSP/$25 ($8 a title), not too shabby.

Still undecided as to whether or not to pick up Raskulls. The demo was alright, but it didn't sell me 100%. I didn't even bother with Warp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back