XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tylerh1701']^Thank you.[/QUOTE]

It gets better. In the process of updating the OP (and going through the app), I discovered that if you own Offers 1 through 3 (Vietnam, SPECACT Bundle, Onslaught Mode), which I do, the 4th offer is for the Kit Shortcut Bundle (1200 MSP/$15) and because of the offer it is absolutely FREE. This may be some sort of error, but it just worked for me, so get on it!

I'm gonna attempt to put the Mystery Wheel details into the OP, and then call it a day. After that, OP should be good 'till next week other than the Batman hiccup.

Edit: It's looking like the Mystery Wheel is offering exclusive avatar stuff because I can't find it on Xbox.com or Spylon's site anywhere. Any ideas?

Edit 2: Being a sucker, I decided to probably be the first person to give the wheel a spin. It's kinda interesting seeing your avatar spin the wheel but the input for it is just stupid. Ended up getting the Vine Wall of all things, FML. Can also confirm these avatar items are not available on the website. Really annoyed though how even though something you buy off the app is in your purchase history, it doesn't translate to you owning it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']Double Dragon Neon....3.0/10 frpm IGN
:([/QUOTE]
The problem isn't the misspelling of "from", but the fact that anyone should trust reviews from IGN in the first place.

[quote name='bardockkun']The problem isn't the misspelling of "from", but the fact that anyone should trust reviews from IGN in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my finger twitched "From IGN"
Yeah, there have been dozens of reviews I didn't agree with on IGN part but For most part there reviews are spot on....I don't think anybody else is going to rave about it by a landslide or anything. Neon Sounded awesome on paper but I will still download the Demo and prepare to be let down...lets see if this tops "Final Fight Streetwise" :/

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']Yeah, my finger twitched "From IGN"
Yeah, there have been dozens of reviews I didn't agree with on IGN part but For most part there reviews are spot on....I don't think anybody else is going to rave about it by a landslide or anything. Neon Sounded awesome on paper but I will still download the Demo and prepare to be let down...lets see if this tops "Final Fight Streetwise" :/[/QUOTE]

Or if you have a PSN+ account, it's for free

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']Yeah, my finger twitched "From IGN"
Yeah, there have been dozens of reviews I didn't agree with on IGN part but For most part there reviews are spot on....I don't think anybody else is going to rave about it by a landslide or anything. Neon Sounded awesome on paper but I will still download the Demo and prepare to be let down...lets see if this tops "Final Fight Streetwise" :/[/QUOTE]
They always seem to grade the big high profile games 1.0 or more then other games that aren't as big in the hype wagon or from a big company. Especially if they get the go ahead to release the review early. So I'm always skeptic of their reviews. Plus I don't need to even go into detail about their terrible "top lists".

And didn't Streetwise have that annoying feature where if you save people from a mugging or whatever they follow you and literally get in the way of your punches and kicks?

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']Double Dragon Neon....3.0/10 frpm IGN
:([/QUOTE]

...and an 8.25 from Game Informer and a 9.0 from Joystiq. We should also note the IGN reviewer's obvious distaste for anything arcade-beat-em-up oriented.

[quote name='Turbojugend']...and an 8.25 from Game Informer and a 9.0 from Joystiq. We should also note the IGN reviewer's obvious distaste for anything arcade-beat-em-up oriented.[/QUOTE]

Hmm

that begs the question did this reviewer have alot of games to review on his plate or did he just dislike beat em ups... This isn't the first case of opposite reviews from IGN and then everybody else. I give it a download who knows I might love it or Hate it.

From the looks of it, none of these reviewers, even the ones that liked DD:N, have played a Double Dragon game in years. It's like these nitwits think every series that got rebooted began and ended on the NES. Hey guys, Bionic Commando had THREE games before Rearmed, at least. Mega Man even hit the SNES once or twice, guys.

With the latest Dash update, I can no longer use the Sales App.

It just freezes when I open the app, has it been updated?

Maybe it is blocked outside of the US now?

[quote name='emwearz']With the latest Dash update, I can no longer use the Sales App. It just freezes when I open the app, has it been updated? Maybe it is blocked outside of the US now?[/QUOTE]
Probably ... the rules indicate only US & UK, and must be over 18 (aka must be an adult XBL account). This is most assuredly due to the gambling & contest aspects of the app, if it wasn't already due to Marketplace licensing & discount differences between regions.

[quote name='reddjoey']

8/7 - 9/10 ... Chain Reaction Deals - Purchase Offer 1 to Unlock Offer 2, and So On...

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - DLC:
Offer 1 - 400 points off making it 800 MSP/$10 BF:BC2 Vietnam Expansion $
Offer 2 - 320 points off making it 160 MSP/$2 SPECACT Upgrade Bundle $
Offer 3 - 200 points off making it 200 MSP/$2.50 Onslaught Mode $
Offer 4 - 1200 points off making it FREE Kit Shortcut Bundle $
[/QUOTE]
That last item is actually (absurdly) priced at 2000 points, making its Chain Reaction price 800 points, not FREE.

Picked up Bejeweled 3 as I dug 2 somewhat and moreso Blitz Live. Pretty fun, but I find myself having to use the D pad to move as the analog stick just isn't as responsive as it was on the other two.

Still recommend Live over it though, if you don't have any and are looking. Live plays a little better and is seems a bit more asy for 250-ing the chivos.

[quote name='Decker']That last item is actually (absurdly) priced at 2000 points, making its Chain Reaction price 800 points, not FREE.[/QUOTE]
No problem, just updated the OP with that. Also fixed some info about the S&S+ app, and added a few "xbldb" links ... since I'm not doing much else today except spending the last few hours with my cat before we take her to the vet for the LAST time. :cry:

CORRECTION: The previous link was to BF3's shortcut pack. The BF2BC's shortcut pack is 1200 MSP, so yes, it will be FREE. I'll fix the OP again.

[quote name='Cornelius']No problem, just updated the OP with that. Also fixed some info about the S&S+ app, and added a few "xbldb" links ... since I'm not doing much else today except spending the last few hours with my cat before we take her to the vet for the LAST time. :cry:

CORRECTION: The previous link was to BF3's shortcut pack. The BF2BC's shortcut pack is 1200 MSP, so yes, it will be FREE. I'll fix the OP again.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your cat. Pets are members of the family like anyone else and it's never easy to say goodbye.

[quote name='Cornelius']...not doing much else today except spending the last few hours with my cat before we take her to the vet for the LAST time. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry Cornelius, saying goodbye to a beloved pet really sucks.:cry:

[quote name='Cornelius']No problem, just updated the OP with that. Also fixed some info about the S&S+ app, and added a few "xbldb" links ... since I'm not doing much else today except spending the last few hours with my cat before we take her to the vet for the LAST time. :cry:

CORRECTION: The previous link was to BF3's shortcut pack. The BF2BC's shortcut pack is 1200 MSP, so yes, it will be FREE. I'll fix the OP again.[/QUOTE]
I feel the pain my 22 year old cat will be going very shortly.... She is dwindling fast.... She is family had her for 20 of those 22 years. :whistle2:(

I've got a crapload of points right now, but I rarely follow the sale scene. Do you all think there's any chance Mark of the Ninja goes on sale any time soon, or should I just pick it up now?

[quote name='KingofGames']I've got a crapload of points right now, but I rarely follow the sale scene. Do you all think there's any chance Mark of the Ninja goes on sale any time soon, or should I just pick it up now?[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by soon? If you mean in the coming weeks then no fucking way. Maybe in December at best, but that's still a big maybe.

[quote name='KingofGames']I've got a crapload of points right now, but I rarely follow the sale scene. Do you all think there's any chance Mark of the Ninja goes on sale any time soon, or should I just pick it up now?[/QUOTE]
I doubt Mark of the Ninja will go on sale soon, so if you'll play it now, might as well buy it now.

The Games on Demand sales are interesting. I'm considering UFC Trainer, although I think the disc version has been cheaper....I'd also consider Raiden IV, if it used more than a third of the screen for playing space.

I now regret picking up Bejeweled 3 for 600 points last month. Didn't think there'd be a better sale *that* fast.

So are the Games on Demand a sale or price drops?

[quote name='bardockkun']What do you mean by soon? If you mean in the coming weeks then no fucking way. Maybe in December at best, but that's still a big maybe.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agreeing with this. Also, support Klei because they're the awesome people behind this game and the Shank series.

It seems that my one error (cause I always make at least ONE) for today was posting the BF3 shortcut link instead, sorry to whoever I threw off with that, and big thanks to Cornelius for fixing/prettying up the OP. I'd say I was glad to hear you had some free time to clean up after me, but those are some grim circumstances. Sorry dude, feel better. And if you need to take a day off, do it and don't let anyone give you shit. :bouncy:

Still have no idea what's going on with Batman not being discounted, but I absolutely agree about not buying it on Demand at that price (and even if it were to go 25% lower), what a rip, originally I thought I misread Arkham City as Arkham Asylum, random time to put it on sale. Not sure if the GoD is the GotY though, would have to check but I'd definitely bet that it doesn't come with a 3d option.

While fiddling around on the dash, I noticed more stuff was added to the Recently Reduced (for whatever reason), so I'll put that up right now. A CAG's work is never done.

[quote name='vamn']I now regret picking up Bejeweled 3 for 600 points last month. Didn't think there'd be a better sale *that* fast.

So are the Games on Demand a sale or price drops?[/QUOTE]

I was also surprised to see it not only on sale again but dipping even lower so soon, but it makes sense if you consider the fact it's going to be released in the Zuma's Revenge collection disc exactly one Tuesday from today. That, and I'm sure the sales for it were abysmal @ a 1200 MSP/$15 starting price.

Not sure about the GoD prices, it's sure as hell not an advertised sale, the prices aren't very spectacular, and they seem to still adding to the Recently Reduced tab, so you never know. Anyone wanna throw MajorNelson a question on Twitter about it?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I was surprised to see it not only on sale again but dipping even lower so soon myself, but it makes sense if you consider the fact it's going to be released in the Zuma's Revenge collection disc exactly one Tuesday from today. That, and I'm sure the sales for it were abysmal @ a 1200 MSP/$15 starting price.

Not sure about the GoD prices, it's sure as hell not an advertised sale, the prices aren't very spectacular, and they seem to still adding to the Recently Reduced tab, so you never know. Anyone wanna throw MajorNelson a question on Twitter about it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was def a 800 point game to begin with. But now there's no reason for me to get the disc version. Just have to wait for Zumas Revenge to inevitably get a 50% off sale. I'm thinking that'll happen before the year is over.

The only GoD game I was really considering was You Don't Know Jack. I never pay more than $40 for my 4000 point cards, so I'd technically only be paying $16 for the game. I don't see it really dropping below that on Amazon.

Snuck on a PS3 to try the DDN demo as I love beat-em-ups and it does feel a bit like an awkward beat-em-up as made by the dopes who thought Bloodrayne Betrayal was a good idea. More double dragon NEON than Double Dragon Neon but the morons at Wayforward make the franchise their own for better or worse. They clearly haven't played many beat-em-ups past DD1 and 2 on the NES though.

That said, I'll still be in for it. Feels more lively than Scott Pilgrim did. Really wish I could have seen some of the bosses though.

[quote name='vamn']
The only GoD game I was really considering was You Don't Know Jack. I never pay more than $40 for my 4000 point cards, so I'd technically only be paying $16 for the game. I don't see it really dropping below that on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Jack is a great game with some friends. If you're into it at all, get it. And Dlc has been on sale before so it has a decent chance of doing so again

[quote name='vamn']Yeah, it was def a 800 point game to begin with. But now there's no reason for me to get the disc version. Just have to wait for Zumas Revenge to inevitably get a 50% off sale. I'm thinking that'll happen before the year is over.

The only GoD game I was really considering was You Don't Know Jack. I never pay more than $40 for my 4000 point cards, so I'd technically only be paying $16 for the game. I don't see it really dropping below that on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

YDKJ is absolutely worth $20, as it comes with 73 sets of 10 questions each and it's hilarious with enough jokes there that the humour doesn't get stale anytime soon. As for the DLC it's only been on sale once (I remember buying it before I even got the game because everyone was pissing themselves over it) and 200 MSP/$2.50 is a great price for 10 sets of 10 questions each, but 400 MSP/$5 each wasn't the WORST price in the world. Also, all DLC packs come with achievemables, for those that care.

My only gripe with that game is that there's no mode where you can mix up the questions or their order, would have easily added a million hours of replayability.

Also, had no idea DD: Neon was made by the people behind Bloodrayne Betrayal. I am infinitely less excited to pick it up. thanks for the heads-up Rolling Skull, no wonder it's launching at 800 MSP. Not to say that it was a superawful game, but they took something established and tried to make it into something it's not. Sure they make it their own, but it'd be better if they started fresh as opposed to taking an existing license and warping it.

Edit: Side-note. Sorta hoping that this random GoD sale is just Microsoft cleaning house and marking down games. Is it me or have there been more games (and DLC, and this month is a first on picture packs and themes) in the Recently Reduced section over the past few months? The games have also seemed to be of a higher quality, more in need of a drop, and getting put at better prices. (Adventures of Shuggy last month comes to mind). Maybe the PSN is finally pressuring MS to do something about the overpriced clutter.

[quote name='vamn']I now regret picking up Bejeweled 3 for 600 points last month. Didn't think there'd be a better sale *that* fast.

So are the Games on Demand a sale or price drops?[/QUOTE]

Here is something that will make you feel better: I paid 1200 points for it.
You're welcome.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Bloodrayne Betrayal was a good game. :)[/QUOTE]

I'll go you one step further; it was an excellent game. One of the more surprising XBLA purchases I've made, considering the ho-hum reviews.

I had to pick up Mark of the Ninja, if anyone here actually played the demo without buying it immediately, your will is stronger than mine.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just looked it up, Peggle has been on sale for this price 8 (!!!!) times now.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't surprise me. These PopCap games go on sale so frequently I'm beginning to take them for granted. I can't help envisioning a CAG who keeps passing on these sales, but one day it's going to be on sale for the last time and they're going to regret it. They'll say "I knew I should have picked it up during those previous 13 sales!!!"

I just checked out the link in your signature and it can be updated after that Back to School sale. I counted 9/49 games that were on sale from that list. Pretty interesting. I'll have to bookmark it. :)

[quote name='Turbojugend']I had to pick up Mark of the Ninja, if anyone here actually played the demo without buying it immediately, your will is stronger than mine.[/QUOTE]

Very rarely do I pick up a game at launch, especially an XBLA game, but the only things keeping me from biting on Mark of the Ninja are A) I just spent $70 on MSP yesterday, B) I wanna get Shank 2 first and play their games in order like a weirdo and C) I am without a doubt picking up MvC Origins (which is also 1200 MSP/$15) within the first hour of release on the 26th (my biggest reason). I'm serious, I will rob an old lady in a wheelchair if I have to.

But if you're not suffering from a similar situation and you've played the demo, there is no excuse for not picking it up.

@Cleaner7 Yeah, that's why I'm finally biting the bullet and hopefully getting Blitz Live and Peggle Nights this week despite the fact that I really shouldn't be spending more points before the 26th. I'm sure they'll go on sale again (for the same exact price, though I guess you can't really get any lower on them) but I've just tired of not owning them and having to consider the possibility they'll never be on sale again, every single time they're on sale.

[quote name='Cleaner7']That doesn't surprise me. These PopCap games go on sale so frequently I'm beginning to take them for granted. I can't help envisioning a CAG who keeps passing on these sales, but one day it's going to be on sale for the last time and they're going to regret it. They'll say "I knew I should have picked it up during those previous 13 sales!!!"

I just checked out the link in your signature and it can be updated after that Back to School sale. I counted 9/49 games that were on sale from that list. Pretty interesting. I'll have to bookmark it. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I usually like to update that list after big sales like this one. I should be able to get to it sometime this week. Thanks for checking it outl. :)

Talking about all these PopCap collections and seeing that the Capcom Digital Collection is on sale through GameFly made me lookup the price on Amazon. It's on sale for $13.49:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006MQH644

Seeing that stock is low I decided to pick it up along with the Dreamcast Collection since I saw Sonic Adventure got a price drop and figured it was cheaper this way. My wallet is hating me right now, but getting 12 games for $25.69 comes out to $2.14/game and I don't own any of them for once!

I noticed in the OP that it says Plants vs Zombies is available on PopCap Arcade Vol. 2, but it's not. I believe it's only available on its own disc.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Talking about all these PopCap collections and seeing that the Capcom Digital Collection is on sale through GameFly made me lookup the price on Amazon. It's on sale for $13.49:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006MQH644

Seeing that stock is low I decided to pick it up along with the Dreamcast Collection since I saw Sonic Adventure got a price drop and figured it was cheaper this way. My wallet is hating me right now, but getting 12 games for $25.69 comes out to $2.14/game and I don't own any of them for once![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that 8 game collection dropped from $40 to $20 pretty quickly. And I definitely agree that picking up both collections is the cheapest way to get the games, especially the Capcom one (though a few of the games on that one don't really stand up as well as the ones on the Dreamcast collection). The thing about the Capcom collection is I already feel like I have the best games (Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix and Final Fight: Double Impact), and I'd think about picking it up for Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, but the question is if those 2 titles and the rest of the other stuff is worth $20. Can anyone really recommend any of the 4 remaining games?

I just bought Capcom Digital Collection as part of the Gamefly sale ($12.99 w/free shipping), I already own the fighting games and FFDI but it's still a lotta games for the dollar. Looking forward to it for Puzzle Fighter mainly.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
@Cleaner7 Yeah, that's why I'm finally biting the bullet and hopefully getting Blitz Live and Peggle Nights this week despite the fact that I really shouldn't be spending more points before the 26th. I'm sure they'll go on sale again (for the same exact price, though I guess you can't really get any lower on them) but I've just tired of not owning them and having to consider the possibility they'll never be on sale again, every single time they're on sale.[/QUOTE]

My advice is to skip Bejeweled Blitz if you have or will be getting Bejeweled 3 at any point, ever. Blitz is good for like 15 minutes of fun, but it's severely lacking in modes or replayability. Why anyone thought limiting game sessions to 1 minute across all modes in a console title was a good idea is beyond me. In contrast, Bejeweled 3 is overflowing with modes, creativity, and replay value.

Also, that IGN Double Dragon Neon review made me frown. The dude obviously dislikes beat-em-ups, so why give him the review? I can't tell which criticisms to take seriously and which are just his crappy bias. As for me, I only got my review code tonight and I'm at work, so I won't be playing it before the rest of the world. Disappointed that online co-op is coming later on with a patch though. They should've advertised that sooner.

Hmm... so, looks like I randomly got 1600 points. 400, four times. Card wasn't charged,
10/09/2012Points added--Points400
msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

Just looks like that. Anyone know whats up with that?

[quote name='Blandlytasteful']Hmm... so, looks like I randomly got 1600 points. 400, four times. Card wasn't charged,
msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

Just looks like that. Anyone know whats up with that?[/QUOTE]

Do you have paypal linked to your account? Just changed your password just incase and check to see if you are logged in on your console.

Aside from that, I dunno. May'be if you have rewards program see if it shows up there for some reason.

[quote name='Blandlytasteful']Hmm... so, looks like I randomly got 1600 points. 400, four times. Card wasn't charged,
msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

msp.gif
msp.gif

Just looks like that. Anyone know whats up with that?[/QUOTE]

have you purchased 3 Summer of Arcade games? I heard people are getting these from there - it's 400msp, but due to some MS's mistake you get 4x400. Spend them asap, otherwise they will get the points back. :)

[quote name='Sath666']have you purchased 3 Summer of Arcade games? I heard people are getting these from there - it's 400msp, but due to some MS's mistake you get 4x400. Spend them asap, otherwise they will get the points back. :)[/QUOTE]

Yep. I purchased 3 of them and ended up with 1600 msp this morning. :cool:

Finally got my hands on Half-minute hero since it was basically free.
Was sick of waiting for that to go on sale, been over a year I think.

i think someone who is getting all these points is getting my 400 msp lol.
i have still not got the points and it is not pending even.
and in the forums the person there said they only have me down as buying tnt racers but not tony hawk but if they look in my download history i bought tony hawk early august.

[quote name='Turbojugend']I just bought Capcom Digital Collection as part of the Gamefly sale ($12.99 w/free shipping), I already own the fighting games and FFDI but it's still a lotta games for the dollar. Looking forward to it for Puzzle Fighter mainly.[/QUOTE]

You will not be disappointed. I already had HDR but it's so worth the money spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back