XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Juice el Savior']you didnt miss on bejeweled if your referring to the raptr rewards deal... i dont play on the computer and its a worthless discount code... i.e. its not like someone will buy it.

I got 400 points floating on my account right now... and im itching for something different.

Can anyone recommend the Walking Dead games? I havnt played any of tell tales games before, how much of an impact do your choices make?[/QUOTE]I'm deeply disappointed to say none so far, but it is a decent game if you can stand to wait 2/3 months for it to finally be fully released.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']
Can anyone recommend the Walking Dead games? I havnt played any of tell tales games before, how much of an impact do your choices make?[/QUOTE]

If you love the Walking Dead, it's no contest. It is based in the world of the comic however and not the show. That being said, I am a bit bias being both a fan of the comic, show, and post-zombie-apocalypse in general.

To the CAG that said your choices are meaningless, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. Granted, there's a much more noticeable difference from episode to episode, say if you choose to save one person and not the other in a QTE event then what the missing person would have done is much more noticeable than if you decide to berate one of your group's members over agreeing with them, granted. There are various levels of events that change from the way people will talk to you to, as I said actions that are/aren't available later on.

[quote name='Sanges99']If you love the Walking Dead, it's no contest. It is based in the world of the comic however and not the show. That being said, I am a bit bias being both a fan of the comic, show, and post-zombie-apocalypse in general.

To the CAG that said your choices are meaningless, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. Granted, there's a much more noticeable difference from episode to episode, say if you choose to save one person and not the other in a QTE event then what the missing person would have done is much more noticeable than if you decide to berate one of your group's members over agreeing with them, granted. There are various levels of events that change from the way people will talk to you to, as I said actions that are/aren't available later on.[/QUOTE]

He was complaining about the fact that pretty much everyone's game is the same after Episode 3. It didn't matter who you saved, everyone has the same party now. It's a somewhat valid point, but I would argue that it's all about the story and that changes depending on your choices. The endgame doesn't matter so much.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Can anyone recommend the Walking Dead games? I havnt played any of tell tales games before, how much of an impact do your choices make?[/QUOTE]

Choices have very little impact. Just a player different here and there in a cutscene or a couple different lines of dialogue and now even that doesn't matter I believe. I'm a huge Walking Dead fan but I have been sorely disappointed in these games personally.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I really wish NFL Blitz would go on sale. Or even just a price drop.[/QUOTE]

True. I hope EA updates the roster. They were pretty slow when updating it on Madden Arcade.

[quote name='vlv723']True. I hope EA updates the roster. They were pretty slow when updating it on Madden Arcade.[/QUOTE]
i hope blitz goes on sale just so the community can get more people. they should lower the prices on multiplayer games after a while, games like blitz area great when they come out but 98% of the time i look for a match now there's no one on cos the game's too expensive.

the roster won't get updated though. it's just too much with the player cards and stuff they'll never do it. besides, it's not like the roster matters in blitz. the announcer never says player names like it does in jam. and the stats, eh, just let me say this; each team's unique play is 10x more important than their player stats (read: the stats mean squat. but having a good unique play is priceless)

also if you missed joe danger don't worry. i played it for like an hour, it sucked. which i kind of should have knew before getting it, but, eh i'll give any game a shot if it's free. But yeah it's really lame in my opinion, i don't enjoy it any more than crash course (which is free to anyone). i'd seriously rather play excitebike.

i wish xbla had a legit release schedule. so much good sega coming soon. jet set this week, nights, toejam and earl, sonic 2 (probably will wait for a sale on that unless they put in online capabilities). plus retro city ransom, whenever that will decide to come out. the scott pilgrim dlc. damn, lot of good downloadables coming out soon.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']
also if you missed joe danger don't worry. i played it for like an hour, it sucked. which i kind of should have knew before getting it, but, eh i'll give any game a shot if it's free. But yeah it's really lame in my opinion, i don't enjoy it any more than crash course (which is free to anyone). i'd seriously rather play excitebike.[/QUOTE]

Its fine if you don't enjoy the game as everyone has different tastes, but to draw any kind of comparison to JD 1 or 2 with Crash Course is ludicrous. There's depth and quality in the Danger series.

Kind of late to the party, but just finished Dust: An Elysian Tail. Great game, had an enjoyable 14 hours with it. I wouldn't consider any of this spoilers, but I'll throw it behind a spoiler tag just in case:

My one regret was that I started the game on Normal instead of a tougher difficulty. Not only did I miss out on an achievement, but I was basically a beast by the end of the game. Eventually I'll learn to start games like these on hard.

I also wish the game had an achievement for finding every treasure/secret in the game. Now that I've beaten it and gotten all the achievements I can get, there's not much motivating me to go back and pick up those last few treasures I missed.

Also, I'm once again able to confirm that I play games slow as hell. On my friends leaderboard of 6 people (all CAGs) I'm 5th in Completion %, 5th in wealth, 5th in enemies defeated, but have the 2nd longest play time.

Anyone have any clue if the Chronicles of Riddick is a permanent drop or just a deal of the week? I think I'll get some more points if it's going back up to 1600 msp.

Also I'd assume Escape from Butcher Bay is included, but can anyone confirm it?

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Its fine if you don't enjoy the game as everyone has different tastes, but to draw any kind of comparison to JD 1 or 2 with Crash Course is ludicrous. There's depth and quality in the Danger series.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That is a ridiculous comparison likely based entirely off the art style. I'm only a few levels into Joe Danger 2, but the first one got nearly Trials-esque in terms of difficulty towards the end without ever feeling cheap. It was fun and difficult to get those runs where you picked up every item without crashing and recording the requisite high score, etc.

And not that critical reception is the end-all.... but the first game received 86 and 88 scores on metacritic (PS3 original release, and XBOX special edition release).

[quote name='Lonedragon87']What do you guys think of astro pop worth 5?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but frustrating at times and it is challenging. It is a fun game and got me addicted. Played it for 2 hours straight and after awhile, just gave up and moved on to my backlog lol..

My question is, is there anything worth purchasing? I have lots of MS Points and nothing has caught my eye. I was thinking of getting I Am Alive but am seeing mixed reviews and don't know of anything else to buy.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Kind of late to the party, but just finished Dust: An Elysian Tail...Also, I'm once again able to confirm that I play games slow as hell...[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I play games pretty slow too, especially if I really like it and/or know that I won't be going back to play it anytime soon if ever. That's something I really like about gaming, if I want to spend more time with a game I'm enjoying I can in many cases.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']What do you guys think of astro pop worth 5?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Lots of fun. Challenging and addicting. Just be aware that it is not an easy completion for achievements. I think I only have about 70/200 points, and that was after completing all four quests and then some.

[quote name='DJP519']Yes. Lots of fun. Challenging and addicting. Just be aware that it is not an easy completion for achievements. I think I only have about 70/200 points, and that was after completing all four quests and then some.[/QUOTE]

I second that for the completion thing. It's really challenging to max it out. Totally worth 400msp tho.

From reading all of the positive things said about Astro Pop I just downloaded the demo and I really enjoyed it so I believe I am going to buy it as well.

[quote name='LordVila']From reading all of the positive things said about Astro Pop I just downloaded the demo and I really enjoyed it so I believe I am going to buy it as well.[/QUOTE]

It's one of the better PopCap games. I have more fun with this compared to Zuma, Heavy Weapon and Bejeweled.

What's the SPECTAT Bundle for BFBC2? I've got deals 1 & 3 already so I can get 2 & 4 for the price of #2. What's the #4 stuff anyway, it looks like it's just unlocking kits early. Any BFBC2 pros in here?

[quote name='weeman43302']Anyone have any clue if the Chronicles of Riddick is a permanent drop or just a deal of the week? I think I'll get some more points if it's going back up to 1600 msp.

Also I'd assume Escape from Butcher Bay is included, but can anyone confirm it?[/QUOTE]i cannot confirm 100%. but i have been interested in buying this game and i have read multiple sources that indicate the GoD version includes both athena and butcher bay.

[quote name='jdawgg76']What's the SPECTAT Bundle for BFBC2? I've got deals 1 & 3 already so I can get 2 & 4 for the price of #2. What's the #4 stuff anyway, it looks like it's just unlocking kits early. Any BFBC2 pros in here?[/QUOTE]

The SPECACT bundle contains different camouflaged uniforms and some new guns skins plus some new achievements tied to specific in game SPECACT awards/pins.

I bought it at the time of its release because of the extra achievements but also so I could change the damn Medic's uniform so he wouldn't be sticking out like a sore thumb with his red beret!

#4 Yep, you just unlock all the guns, perks etc early without needing to grind XP. (Although it's pretty easy to unlock stuff since you unlock everything by level 22).

[quote name='Doctor Who']The SPECACT bundle contains different camouflaged uniforms and some new guns skins plus some new achievements tied to specific in game SPECACT awards/pins.

I bought it at the time of its release because of the extra achievements but also so I could change the damn Medic's uniform so he wouldn't be sticking out like a sore thumb with his red beret!

#4 Yep, you just unlock all the guns, perks etc early without needing to grind XP. (Although it's pretty easy to unlock stuff since you unlock everything by level 22).[/QUOTE]Thanks! That's most helpful. I had avoided the SPECTAT stuff cause I had gotten free SPECTAT stuff through the DR Pepper free content program, but if it's more camo and has achievements, why not? I like unlocking stuff in games sometimes, but on the other hand when everyone is way ranked over you it begins to feel unfair when you get too disadvantaged, like in Max Payne 3 and to a lesser extent CoD.

Loved the walking dead demo... when i get to play again (alot of good football and Nucky thompson is on today) im gonna go ahead and buy it.

the way I play games, I shouldnt have to wait on the other episodes.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks! That's most helpful. I had avoided the SPECTAT stuff cause I had gotten free SPECTAT stuff through the DR Pepper free content program, but if it's more camo and has achievements, why not? I like unlocking stuff in games sometimes, but on the other hand when everyone is way ranked over you it begins to feel unfair when you get too disadvantaged, like in Max Payne 3 and to a lesser extent CoD.[/QUOTE]
It's the same exact thing as the dr.pepper promotion. If you already have that then don't buy the spectat bundle.

[quote name='Brother Daz']It's the same exact thing as the dr.pepper promotion. If you already have that then don't buy the spectat bundle.[/QUOTE]Really? Thanks. Are the achievements obtainable with getting the content thru the Dr Pepper promo or do have to buy the bundle to unlock them? So the question becomes do I want to pay that price for some achievements and to unlock weapons early...

[quote name='jdawgg76']Really? Thanks. So the question becomes do I want to pay that price for some achievements and to unlock weapons early...[/QUOTE]
. If you already have the dr.pepper promo redeemed to your account then you already have access to the weapons, skins and achievements. The achievement comes from getting 25 kills with the weapons. I can't remember the exact achievement details. In short, if you already have the 4 dr.pepper unlocks, you'll just be wasting points buying this.

Edit you ninja'd my reply. Yeah they're unlocked already with the dr. Pepper promo

When looking at your classes in game. Under each class there will also be the spectat kit below it. It'll say assault then assault spectat. Or something like that. Like I said its been a while since I've played.

Thanks again, man. That makes sense, I'm just not too familiar with it as I've hardly touched BFBC2's mp. You saved me some hard earned MSP!

I'll still get Bejeweled 3 at 400 points.

Glad I bought Sam & Max last week. Been playing through season 1 and will be going straight into seasons 2 and then 3 when I'm done. Is there a 4th season? It's just so funny, I have to keep pushing through.

Not quite related to XBLA ... but Fry's currently has a killer deal on a Microsoft Refurbished 4gb/Kinect bundle for only $200 here:
http://www.frys.com/product/6992937

6992937.big.jpg

If you're going to buy used, then MS-refurb'd is the way to go, since this includes the following:
  • Long burn-in test to ensure the system works correctly without heat issues.
  • Same warranty as new 360's & Kinects.
  • New power brick, controllers, and cables.

I currently have an older 1st-gen unit in my family room, and have been scoping out a 2nd unit to install in the "wife-approval / non-gaming" zone called my living room. The fact it's a quiet 2nd-gen 360, plus includes Kinect for voice-navigation in VOD apps like Netflix, makes this a solid purchase decision!

[quote name='tribalnoise']i cannot confirm 100%. but i have been interested in buying this game and i have read multiple sources that indicate the GoD version includes both athena and butcher bay.[/QUOTE]
At a download size of 6.74GB, it's a sure-thing this game includes Butcher Bay, since the graphic fidelity of Dark Athena isn't that great. :)

I'm indifferent on the deal announcement. I Got 8 games this month (one for free from Raptr) and Pinball FX 2 DLC. I'm kinda satisfied for this month and kinda feel I should save up points, but we'll see...

Just to add to the Astropop love,my sister loved it so much she got 200/200 on it,and I know it had to be a pain in the ass. She also said Bejeweled 3 and Zumas revenge was really good,even with the pain in the ass Iron frog achievement,lol.
Heavy Weapon was one of my first games getting for my 360. It was amazing at the time,not sure if it still is since its been at least 3+ (maybe 4?) years since I've played it.

Gonna give the Astropop demo a whirl later today. I've been curious about it but the positive feedback here gave me an extra push. I'm not a fan of most popcap games, but this one catches my eye a bit more than the others.

I'd rather have the Midway games as downloads. Sucks to have to put a disc in to play Smash TV. But I might buy it, as they have some great classic games.

OK How is the original zuma? I saw there was a deal on raptr for a free pc popcap game so i had to play the zumas revenge demo. And i had a lot of fun with it! The demo was very fun for that kind of game and it lasted really long.

my question is, i see ZUMA is only $2.50. is it worth buying, or should i just keep the demo around? because honestly, the demo lets you play through 2 whole levels, i feel like it took a good 15 or so minutes to play through, and i feel like that's about as long as i would ever want to play ZUMA anyways. so i ask you friends; is the retail version of the first ZUMA game worth the points, or was what i witnessed in the zumas revenge demo pretty much all there is to the game? if you could play multiplayer i'd be sold but i'm kinda stingy on putting more junk in 'my games' as i already have a lot of games

also what about bejeweled blitz? seems like a no brainer for $2 after points discount but just making sure there isn't anything wrong with this version seems like most people are buying 3, but its just bejeweled i wouldnt pay more than a double stackers worth of money for it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xbox_man']would have been good if it listed the names of the games on it[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, [insert generic "Does anyone know what the deals for this week are?" comment here]

[quote name='SonicXtreme']OK How is the original zuma? I saw there was a deal on raptr for a free pc popcap game so i had to play the zumas revenge demo. And i had a lot of fun with it! The demo was very fun for that kind of game and it lasted really long.

my question is, i see ZUMA is only $2.50. is it worth buying, or should i just keep the demo around? because honestly, the demo lets you play through 2 whole levels, i feel like it took a good 15 or so minutes to play through, and i feel like that's about as long as i would ever want to play ZUMA anyways. so i ask you friends; is the retail version of the first ZUMA game worth the points, or was what i witnessed in the zumas revenge demo pretty much all there is to the game? if you could play multiplayer i'd be sold but i'm kinda stingy on putting more junk in 'my games' as i already have a lot of games

also what about bejeweled blitz? seems like a no brainer for $2 after points discount but just making sure there isn't anything wrong with this version seems like most people are buying 3, but its just bejeweled i wouldnt pay more than a double stackers worth of money for it[/QUOTE]

The original Zuma is hard as hell. You can buy a lot of frustration for $2.50 if that's what you're looking for. I would skip it and pick up the sequel when it goes on sale. I have both and Revenge is infinitely more playable.

Bejeweled Blitz is a waste. Pick up any other Bejeweled game and you'll be far better off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonicXtreme']OK How is the original zuma? I saw there was a deal on raptr for a free pc popcap game so i had to play the zumas revenge demo. And i had a lot of fun with it! The demo was very fun for that kind of game and it lasted really long.

also what about bejeweled blitz? seems like a no brainer for $2 after points discount but just making sure there isn't anything wrong with this version seems like most people are buying 3, but its just bejeweled i wouldnt pay more than a double stackers worth of money for it[/QUOTE]

Zuma is crazy hard! I will agree that Zuma's Revenge is the better game of the two. You can check out my review if you want.

I also liked Bejeweled 3 too. Enough to get 200/200. Blitz seemed to be short burst of the game so it feel incomplete to me. I'd rather play the game instead of playing against the timer.

[quote name='ooga']The original Zuma is hard as hell. You can buy a lot of frustration for $2.50 if that's what you're looking for. I would skip it and pick up the sequel when it goes on sale. I have both and Revenge is infinitely more playable.

Bejeweled Blitz is a waste. Pick up any other Bejeweled game and you'll be far better off.[/QUOTE]

The original Zuma is really not that hard. I mean it gets challenging towards the end like any game should, but I was never that frustrated. My wife and I were addicted to it for awhile and it was really satisfying when you beat it. There are a lot of stages too. So you will already have gotten a few hours of enjoyment out of it before you hit the more difficult sections. I would say its a no brainer at $2.50, especially if you enjoyed the demo.

It might be way too soon, but I would love to see some of those Sega Vintage Collections go on sale. I would buy a few of them for 400 M$ points.

^Anyone know if they're gonna make another Dreamcast collection disc with these newer releases? That'd be sweet.

[quote name='locolukah']It might be way too soon, but I would love to see some of those Sega Vintage Collections go on sale. I would buy a few of them for 400 M$ points.[/QUOTE]

Sega games go on sale frequently, I expect a couple of those collections to drop in price fairly soon. I'm looking forward to the Monster World one.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Anyone know if they're gonna make another Dreamcast collection disc with these newer releases? That'd be sweet.

[/QUOTE]

Which newer releases? Nights was a Saturn game. I doubt Sega would put a Sonic game in a DC collection since they tend to sell well on their own.

Yeah, give it a few more months, & I'm sure Sega will put those Vintage Collections on sale sometime. They do so many downloadable sales, you can pretty much guarantee if it's a XBLA/PSN game, it's been/will be on sale.

Not sure on another Dreamcast Collection. NiGHTS is a Saturn game, which wouldn't work, though maybe they could have JSR, SA2, Nights, & Daytona and call it something like Dreamcast & Saturn Collection.

[quote name='ooga']Which newer releases? Nights was a Saturn game. I doubt Sega would put a Sonic game in a DC collection since they tend to sell well on their own.[/QUOTE]Sonic Adventure was part of the Dreamcast Collection with Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, & Space Channel 5 Part 2 (speaking of which, when's the original gonna be on XBLA/PSN?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back