XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BobbyTastic']@Spylon My mistake, like everyone else said, we pretty much set our XBLM watches by your site, was just reporting what I saw. And I would use your sale posts but generally I'm too impatient to wait on that stuff. I am very glad you found a way to successfully scan what your site was missing, should be a big help in the future. Also really happy to see you got an upgrade (site was noticeably smoother to navigate) and I'm hoping it catches on more so the ad views make it a permanent transition (I figured that's how you got the site up and running originally). But people are definitely suckers for ad-free things. If there's anything else I can do to help the site/lower costs, just lemme know[/QUOTE]

Not a problem, I just didn't want people to think the site was broken reporting old stuff. Yes, the ads were my main way of paying for hosting. I still payed a little out of pocket but this new hosting is tripling my cost. Don't get me wrong it's awesome and worth it.

I think you've done enough. I'll send you an email and I hope to get the ad free code working by Oct. 1st, maybe a few days after that.

Also I sent you a friend request on xbl, I have quite a few pinball machine but I am not very good at them, they are still fun thou.

[quote name='Blade']Wow, that was an extremely long post. I'm pretty grateful in your enthusiasm over XBL deals! The OP does indeed look a lot better. Also, happy holidays! And I'd like to add you on XBL since almost nobody I know plays FX2...[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm generally excited about all these deals lately because they've just been so good/stuff I've been waiting for. I'm usually all over them anyways, visiting Spylon's site religiously and such so now I get to be a little more useful with said interest. But I'll admit I'm a good amount perkier than usual because of how giddy the release of Origins on my day off has made me (I really LOVE the MvC series, and the Clash of Super Heroes machine at the basketball camp I went to as a kid is what got me hooked), coupled with the nice, relaxing work/school week I've had. So that pretty much translates into more energy to be enthusiastic about this sort of stuff. I'm also long-winded as all hell (I'm sure most of you have noticed). Considering how daunting the idea of cleaning up the OP seemed to me yesterday, I'm ecstatic to see it looking so nice, on top of all that.

Regarding people adding me for FX2 or just because, as of right now, feel free to go ahead but please send me a message mentioning you're from CAG (preferably your username as well) and why you're adding me. Thanks. Also, I PROMISE to boost my Superscore for you guys by playing the rest of my tables as soon as I'm burnt out on Origins (probably this weekend). And of course you're welcome to ask me to play something that isn't FX2 (I'll pretty much accept any invite regarding Origins over the next few days, also I gots a mic), especially if it involves achievements.

[quote name='tuffguycore']So is the FFXIII-2 content worth it? Are the side quests and the colliseum enemies worth fighting/gaining as companions? I enjoyed the game, but I haven't touched it since I finished my first play through(have to rebuy it too...)[/QUOTE]

There was a very well thought-out post regarding this, but since this post is probably huge already, I'll put it in a Spoiler tag for you.
Originally Posted by evophile
The most essential DLC for the game is the Requiem of the Goddess Lightning DLC. It contains more of and ending to the game/fills in some blanks. Plus the Commando Lighting party member you get from this DLC just destroys everything. Especially if you infuse her with the right monsters. I am not sure if you can accidentally play this before you beat the game, but it shouldn't be played until after.

Snow is a great Sentinel to have on your team and it also has another capture-able monster. But it is pretty short.

The Sahz DLC is pretty dumb. Just some gambling texas hold em stuff and once you beat that he joins your party. Only get this if you really want him as your Synergist.

Lightning & Amodar is just a battle, but works because you can actually use them for most of the game before its beaten. Lightning is the first or second best Ravager in the game depending on what you're looking for. I kind of preferred to have humans in my party as I got tired of the monsters but I ended up with Cloudburst as my main Ravager because his Feral Link is awesome.

I'd say if you plan to get all the achievements and do all the post game content Requiem Lightning and Snow made some of the harder battles a lot easier. Although be prepared to do a little farming to get all the stuff to level them up, but it wasn't too bad imo.

If you want to play the game and just be done with it I'd at least get the Requiem DLC. It's cheap enough and adds some more ending. But be prepared for the repetitive nature of that DLC.

@Tyler I was actually raised Catholic myself, and a very close long-term Mormon friend of mine resides in Utah, so I'm probably more familiar with Pioneer Day than I should be, lol. First time I've heard it referenced by someone else. Least I know she wasn't screwing with me.

@Juice I'd try getting some last-minute Bing Rewards, or just buying 400 points from Amazon (the tax is negligible if it's there at all). Crysis at this price is definitely worth it.

@Spylon Well speak of the devil. And tripling? Unless you were only paying a dollar a month to begin with, I can't even imagine. And I guess with all my visits, I do enough ad viewing to help you out, lol. I was refreshing your site like mad for two hours this morning so I could see when Origins hit Xbox.com. October 1st sounds good, but take your time. You need to have it stable so you don't scare off the customers. Will accept your friend request in a few minutes, thanks. I'm not very good either (still haven't gotten around to playing all the damn tables I have).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pacifickarma']I own Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but haven't purchased any DLC yet... #1: Does this DLC work with Ultimate MvC and #2: is any of it a must-buy?[/QUOTE]

#1 is exactly why I obsessed about putting a bunch of detailed notes into the DotW section, yes all MvC3 DLC carries over to UMvC3. :) And no, but Shuma-Gorath is a pretty solid character (and a classic, if you've played the games in the series before), and Jill has a unique playing style. The alternate costumes in the pack are okay, just find some screens of them and see if you consider them worth your money. But if you only own UMvC3, I would say it's more worth it for you to just buy the Value Pack (with all the alternates aside from Jill & Shuma who come with theirs, and Magneto, whose was removed) for 1600 MSP/$20. But if you really like the look of the 6 costumes, go for it, I'm most likely doing the same.

Managed to edit the OP a bit without breaking it this time (wasn't much to do, thanks again guys), Scratch & Match just needs links and a winning prize, but otherwise we're all set aside from my remaining suggestions in my post a page or so back's Spoiler tag. I also have the overwritten entries in said Spoiler tag for when the OP character space is restored.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']@Spylon Well speak of the devil. And tripling? Unless you were only paying a dollar a month to begin with, I can't even imagine. And I guess with all my visits, I do enough ad viewing to help you out, lol. I was refreshing your site like mad for two hours this morning so I could see when Origins hit Xbox.com. October 1st sounds good, but take your time. You need to have it stable so you don't scare off the customers. Will accept your friend request in a few minutes, thanks. I'm not very good either (still haven't gotten around to playing all the damn tables I have).[/QUOTE]

Previous hosting was $10, the new hosting is $29.

And I don't mind the visits. :) They sure help but if you are waiting for something specific you are better off refreshing xbox.com.

xbldb has to scan the whole marketplace so there is quite a bit a luck as to when something will be found. If something was just scanned and then it updates xbldb wouldn't pick it up until the next scan and until that page was scanned.

I also have to have delays between scans or else MS starts refusing connections.

[quote name='RallyV']If anyone is still curious about Realms of Ancient War, I just posted my review.

Bonus points if you can figure out where I took the tagline/title from. ;)[/QUOTE]

This website, right?

i have just received this from xbox forum:

a thorough investigation has completed for this. Once more, we are not seeing that Tony Hawk was a purchase you made via your Xbox LIVE account. We reviewed this via two separate systems with our tech team. For that reason, you are not eligible for the Rewards Points for the August offer. Thank you.

how can they not see it in my download history, and i even had a screen shot of it. not happy

[quote name='xbox_man']i have just received this from xbox forum:

a thorough investigation has completed for this. Once more, we are not seeing that Tony Hawk was a purchase you made via your Xbox LIVE account. We reviewed this via two separate systems with our tech team. For that reason, you are not eligible for the Rewards Points for the August offer. Thank you.

how can they not see it in my download history, and i even had a screen shot of it. not happy[/QUOTE]

Just curious, could you show us the screen shot? I'm assuming you otherwise met the requirements.

Wait, I'm failing to understand the Value Pack for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

That's only Costume Packs for all characters, But doesn't have Shuma Gorath, Jill or Magneto costumes? But those characters come in Ultimate, how do I get the alt for them? Do I have to buy them on Marvel vs Capcom 3 to get the alt costumes on Ultimate?

Edit: Oh, nevermind: The Super Costume Pack has the Alternate Outfit pack contents, not the DLC (and the game doesn't come with DLC). Got it!

[quote name='bardockkun']Unless it was a code, that can throw things off.[/QUOTE]

i have heard others getting the points though and they have used codes

[quote name='xbox_man']i have heard others getting the points though and they have used codes[/QUOTE]

that only counts for the SoA Promotion not for things on Xbox Rewards as far as I know...

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']that only counts for the SoA Promotion not for things on Xbox Rewards as far as I know...[/QUOTE]
Correct ... the programs to reimburse for SOA vs. Rewards are 2 different things. I believe SOA is computed internally by Xbox Marketing, while it's a known fact that ePrize LLC runs the Rewards scrape ... and it's in ePrize's best interest to be as accurate as possible (and only include specific purchases), because that's how a vendor keeps their lucrative contract with Xbox.

[quote name='Cornelius']Correct ... the programs to reimburse for SOA vs. Rewards are 2 different things. I believe SOA is computed internally by Xbox Marketing, while it's a known fact that ePrize LLC runs the Rewards scrape ... and it's in ePrize's best interest to be as accurate as possible (and only include specific purchases), because that's how a vendor keeps their lucrative contract with Xbox.[/QUOTE]

ok, did not know. weird that they cant look at my history though and see it there.

Poppin in to say I bought about 15 Dance Central tracks and the Pinball tables that haven't been on sale before. I have spent over $100+ dollars the past two weeks. Mainly due to Harmonix putting Rock Band and Dance Central tracks on sale. CURSE YOU HMX!!!!
[quote name='RallyV']I was thinking the bad Spice Girl song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M9cSez-mY4[/QUOTE]
Shut up. I still want Sporty Spice to have my children. Damn, I remember watching MTV at the tail end of every hour so I could watch this music video and just.....dream *SIGH*

[quote name='RallyV']If anyone is still curious about Realms of Ancient War, I just posted my review.

Bonus points if you can figure out where I took the tagline/title from. ;)[/QUOTE]

I played as the warrior in the demo at first and was bored, but then tried the wizard and had a pretty fun time.

Losing all the loot is a pretty big design flaw and no online coop is a huge omission which will most likely force me to wait for a sale instead of buying it outright. In response to another reviewer's questions about why local coop is the way it is, they said it was set up that way so the second player can just jump in and level up any class they want each time they play in case they wanted to switch things up - but that doesn't explain or justify why the loot isn't saved.

I would like to try this some time, I like the dark art style compared to all the cartoon colors of Diablo 3 and Torchlight, and combat was pretty fun with the wizard.

[quote name='Dustinator']Shut up. I still want Sporty Spice to have my children. Damn, I remember watching MTV at the tail end of every hour so I could watch this music video and just.....dream *SIGH*[/QUOTE]

You weren't alone with your sporty infatuation. :lol:

Hey Gamers.....wondering if anyone has knowledge as to whether the Burnout Paradise DLC "Big Surf Island", (as part of the chain reaction this week), has been cheaper than 400msp ? I don't really care about the other add-ons in the chain. Even though the "Big Surf Island" DLC has a savings of 160msp, it would have been nicer if it were at least half off. Thanks for all the feedback and help !!! *GAME ON !!*

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers.....wondering if anyone has knowledge as to whether the Burnout Paradise DLC "Big Surf Island", (as part of the chain reaction this week), has been cheaper than 400msp ? I don't really care about the other add-ons in the chain. Even though the "Big Surf Island" DLC has a savings of 160msp, it would have been nicer if it were at least half off. Thanks for all the feedback and help !!! *GAME ON !!*[/QUOTE]

Here you go. http://xbldb.com/offers/000-263

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers.....wondering if anyone has knowledge as to whether the Burnout Paradise DLC "Big Surf Island", (as part of the chain reaction this week), has been cheaper than 400msp ? I don't really care about the other add-ons in the chain. Even though the "Big Surf Island" DLC has a savings of 160msp, it would have been nicer if it were at least half off. Thanks for all the feedback and help !!! *GAME ON !!*[/QUOTE]
I remember when that addon was 1200pts (oops) 1000pts ... if you're interested in playing the game again, why would you turn down a $5 update that expands the game by 1/3 w/ more achievements? Yes you can easily live without the Legendary or Toy cars, but Big Surf was already a good value at under 1/2 what it used to go for.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Considering how daunting the idea of cleaning up the OP seemed to me yesterday, I'm ecstatic to see it looking so nice, on top of all that.[/QUOTE]
And until you get a new BBcode editor, please edit by hand, because your editor makes some butt-ugly changes to the code ... not to mention I suspect it's also caching old content, since a few changes I made last night got wiped as well ... unless that's just your Catholic upbringing reversing modern progress again. :D

BTW, if y'all haven't noticed, I'm trying out using meaningful colors for headings:
  • GOLD for gold-only,
  • LIME for everyone,
  • PLAIN for markdowns (since they're not technically a "sale"), and ...
  • AQUA for that POS called "Sales & Specials+".
However, like I've said, the OP is still very unwieldy for quick-edits, so I've still got my thinking cap running on that. One idea is to simply embed a Google Docs spreadsheet with the OP ... but that negates the cool BBcode dump that Spylon generates. I'm also trying out a few editors, but honestly haven't found anything decent out there. One last idea I had was for Spylon to host a form that spits out a BBcode-formatted list, so that we just paste its contents into each section. Any feedback is certainly welcome, but 1 thing is for certain ... Microsoft won't make this easy on us. :D

[quote name='BobbyTastic']There was a very well thought-out post regarding this, but since this post is probably huge already, I'll put it in a Spoiler tag for you.
Originally Posted by evophile
The most essential DLC for the game is the Requiem of the Goddess Lightning DLC. It contains more of and ending to the game/fills in some blanks. Plus the Commando Lighting party member you get from this DLC just destroys everything. Especially if you infuse her with the right monsters. I am not sure if you can accidentally play this before you beat the game, but it shouldn't be played until after.

Snow is a great Sentinel to have on your team and it also has another capture-able monster. But it is pretty short.

The Sahz DLC is pretty dumb. Just some gambling texas hold em stuff and once you beat that he joins your party. Only get this if you really want him as your Synergist.

Lightning & Amodar is just a battle, but works because you can actually use them for most of the game before its beaten. Lightning is the first or second best Ravager in the game depending on what you're looking for. I kind of preferred to have humans in my party as I got tired of the monsters but I ended up with Cloudburst as my main Ravager because his Feral Link is awesome.

I'd say if you plan to get all the achievements and do all the post game content Requiem Lightning and Snow made some of the harder battles a lot easier. Although be prepared to do a little farming to get all the stuff to level them up, but it wasn't too bad imo.

If you want to play the game and just be done with it I'd at least get the Requiem DLC. It's cheap enough and adds some more ending. But be prepared for the repetitive nature of that DLC.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, I figured someone had things worth mentioning about it, but sifting through here for one specific thing is usually pretty hard (for me at least). Looks like I'll be buying this again and picking up the DLC, thanks!

[quote name='Cornelius']One last idea I had was for Spylon to host a form that spits out a BBcode-formatted list, so that we just paste its contents into each section.[/QUOTE]

Cornelius, I am happy to create tools that are useful, but I am not quite sure what you mean by this? Can you add more details?

1. I think you want a form on the current deals or unidentified deals page where you can check offers and then get code only for those offers?
  2. What I can do quickly is make each offer have it's own code snippet and you can copy paste one at a time?

Remember the tables are sortable so you may be able to group things for easy copying.

After this I could try and write some JavaScript that does the first one, grabbing each snippet and making one list. :) I can do server side PHP but client side JavaScript is new so it would take some time to ramp up, it is something I need to learn thou.

[quote name='GUNNM']King Kong and NHL ## rentals will go up if they do anything interesting.[/QUOTE]
if it was for anything besides avatar rewards or something else equally as useless which i'm sure it will be, it should only be for difficult achievements like beat earthworm jim in an hour, smash tv/radiant silvergun without using continues, all jet rankings in jet set radio, stuff like that which is extremely hard and can't be cheated. Those are the only kinds that take skill not just wasting time doing meaningless stuff anyway and, interesting enough, those kinds are the only fun ones to try to get

im sure the prizes will either be worthelss avatar gear or some game everyone already has though anyway (like more copies of the maw)

kinda annoyed bubble bobble doesn't work with my new arcade stick, can't get past the 'press a' at the title screen. i haven't seen anything else that really hasn't worked tho

[quote name='fatboyjam']For anyone who's played both the Marvel and the Avengers FX2 tables, which do you like better?[/QUOTE]

I liked the Avenger tables quite a bit more, they are my favorite set of tables yet.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I liked the Avenger tables quite a bit more, they are my favorite set of tables yet.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with tyler. The Avengers table was better.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think it's been established in general it's a love it or hate it kinda game with all the reviews being split down the middle. Personally I'll still eventually get it when it's on sale, not as an insult to the game, but Jesus my backlog is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I've personally both hated and adored this game. I just completed it (and am the 2nd person in the world to have 100%'ed it, and am currently #2 on the leaderboards). I'm going to write-up a review on it soon, but I can definitely see it being a very split game among reviewers and gamers alike (since the game more-so relies on comedy than it does gameplay).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back