XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ooga']FYI CAGiversary is not his name. That's the systems default title for someone with his level of activity.[/QUOTE]

yeah wrong copy paste haha I ment Sway
correction done thanks for pointing out

Picked up re4. When people ask me to name my favorite game of all time this always makes the list. Never played the wii version but I played and beat the Gamecube version at least 8 times. I don't re play games when I beat them, re4 was one of the few that I have.

Don't let the controls kill it for you.. You are missing a true gem in gaming.

[quote name='mistermoravec']I have bought five xbox 360s, upgrading each time a larger hard drive came out (except the 60gb). I have the gow 320 gb console and it only has 768 mbs left..[/QUOTE]

OK people I think we must start a "We @#$#%ing need some serious HD space" campaing at Microsoft's forums...
It's just unacceptable to have storage problems in 2012 because some crapheads @ M$ marketing are extremely greedy...
Anything less than 1 tera is just unacceptable nowdays...

[quote name='waltercartman']Don't let the controls kill it for you.. You are missing a true gem in gaming.[/QUOTE]

I need that on a poster. I get so frustrated with controls in some games.

[quote name='johnpap']OK people I think we must start a "We @#$#%ing need some serious HD space" campaing at Microsoft's forums...
It's just unacceptable to have storage problems in 2012 because some crapheads @ M$ marketing are extremely greedy...
Anything less than 1 tera is just unacceptable nowdays...[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree but can you imagine what price they would put on it

[quote name='Komentra']I need that on a poster. I get so frustrated with controls in some games.[/QUOTE]

Or written on a t-shirt haha
I have the same issue whenever a game has bad controls and that's enough even if the game is a gem to put it down and never bother with it again...

[quote name='xbox_man']yeah i agree but can you imagine what price they would put on it[/QUOTE]

No need to buy a Microsoft hard disk that's my point.
PS3 users have the freedom to add any HD they like...
We can do the same but up to 320 gigs
I just want M$ to disable that stupid 320GB limitation!

Edit: ...and something else that came up in my mind right now.
Microsoft wants xbox 360 to be a media box and not just a game console right?
OK then good luck with that when there's a max of 320GB HD space huh
Certainly you can use external storage for movies/music etc but definitely it's not as convenient as an internal HD for everything

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah with all the stuff on xbox there is no reason why we should be limited on the hard drive size, and ripped off at prices that we pay also

[quote name='johnpap']Or written on a t-shirt haha
I have the same issue whenever a game has bad controls and that's enough even if the game is a gem to put it down and never bother with it again...[/QUOTE]

One game that immediately comes to my mind is :ps3: Alone in the Dark. I bought this used with Gamestop credit, but holy hell are the controls bizarre. Remember the old "tank" controls that the original Resident Evils had? It's kind of like that.

It has some great story ideas and game structure concepts, but I struggle just getting the main character to move where I want him to go.

[quote name='xbox_man']yeah with all the stuff on xbox there is no reason why we should be limited on the hard drive size, and ripped off at prices that we pay also[/QUOTE]
Microsoft has lost my money because of it. I have passed on many GOD sales simply because I didn't want to run out of HD space. I load all the games I play on the HD. I like the quieter running... But when I have the chance to buy more games I always take the size of the game into consideration.

does anybody think if everybody complained to xbox about i am alive etc not at a special price, like they did with metro, would microsoft put them at sale prices?
they are under specials on the site

[quote name='xbox_man']does anybody think if everybody complained to xbox about i am alive etc not at a special price, like they did with metro, would microsoft put them at sale prices?
they are under specials on the site[/QUOTE]

Helllll no they wouldn't. They put metro on a applicable to rewards list, I don't think they discounted the price due to demand. Remember who we're talking about here.... They would counter with, "it's sales AND SPECIALS."

I was going to pass on Bioshock, but now that Metro is part of the Rewards, I think I'll reconsider. Those two games plus Ep. 4 of TWD will put me at 2000.

[quote name='tribalnoise']so if i already bought metro before it was added to the list, does it still count for the rewards promo?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why it wouldn't.

hmm...I wasn't originally going to buy RE4, but I just realized I bought Metro 2033 and Walking Dead Episode 4, so if I buy RE4 it will put me at 2000 msp spent on horror, and getting 300 msp back would make RE4 only 500 msp in the long run. I don't think I can pass that up.

[quote name='bajingo']Helllll no they wouldn't. They put metro on a applicable to rewards list, I don't think they discounted the price due to demand. Remember who we're talking about here.... They would counter with, "it's sales AND SPECIALS."[/QUOTE]

i just realized that, forgot that they just had to add metro to the list.
but i wish they would fix the problem though. either change the games to a sale price or take them off the sale web page. false advertising if they keep those games on there.

Glad to see Metro finally making the list. With that and RE4, i just need to spend 400 more points. My plan is to pick up the Zombie Apocalypse NDA add on. Don't see that ever going on sale and I will be essentially getting it for 100 points.

my brother has metro and i will prob get resident evil 4 for him too. this will get him to 1800 msp. almost there lol.

i just have metro lol.

[quote name='iRandom']I AM ALIVE is now part of the SHOCKtober sales
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_rewards_support/f/29/p/361429/1864124.aspx#1864124

Edit: SH!T I bought Allan Wake on September!
Purchased Metro and RE4 totaling my points to 1600. Need 400 more[/QUOTE]

Damn you got my hopes up. It's not part of the Shocktober SALE, it's part of the October Rewards promo.

[quote name='xbox_man']does anybody think if everybody complained to xbox about i am alive etc not at a special price, like they did with metro, would microsoft put them at sale prices?
they are under specials on the site[/QUOTE]

Haha no.

I picked up Darksiders, Metro 2033, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and all of the Bioshock 2 DLC. This week's and lasts week's sales have been fantastic. I just wish I could have more room for all of these goodies.

[quote name='carldisc']Glad to see Metro finally making the list. With that and RE4, i just need to spend 400 more points. My plan is to pick up the Zombie Apocalypse NDA add on. Don't see that ever going on sale and I will be essentially getting it for 100 points.[/QUOTE]

Never Die Alone is actually a separate game from the original Zombie Apocalypse and not an add on.

[quote name='Tarheel76']You're better of picking up a copy of "Namco Museum Virtual Arcade", which currently is $9.99 on BestBuy.com for Pre-owned. It has Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Championship Edition, etc.....a total of 34 games! I have it, and enjoy all the throwback titles. (Even some I never heard of growing up as a kid.)
Going this route is A LOT cheaper than buying the titles you want through the marketplace now, or waiting on a sale that will probably be "quite a while".

**And if you wanted to take a chance and wait until Best Buy offers the promotion of B2G1 on Pre-owned Games, you could really come out on top.....just a thought, that's what I did last year when I snagged my copy.

GAME ON !!:)[/QUOTE]

Didn't the disc have some weird issue, like you had to be connected to LIVE to even play the games or something like that?

[quote name='JStryke']Never Die Alone is actually a separate game from the original Zombie Apocalypse and not an add on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have both of the Zombie Apocolypse games. Never Die Alone has a 400 point add-on called pure pwnage which adds some additional achievements. That is what i was talking about.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just another friendly reminder that the XBox Rewards thread exists, Cornelius does a great job of maintaining it, and is great for discussion about the Xbox Rewards program.[/QUOTE]

Yet another thread that benefited from being wiki-d

I saw Darksiders on the dashboard the other day, and noticed it's a part of the rewards promo, is it new to games on demand or has it recently dropped? I'm tempted, but there's other things I could buy if it's going to drop any time soon.

[quote name='Dieidiotscum']I saw Darksiders on the dashboard the other day, and noticed it's a part of the rewards promo, is it new to games on demand or has it recently dropped? I'm tempted, but there's other things I could buy if it's going to drop any time soon.[/QUOTE]
It was just on sale for 800 points last week.

Arg, really? D: Hm... I'll probably wait until I see next weeks deals and buy the Walking Dead games if there's nothing I'm interested in. Probably pick up Darksiders when christmas shopping, I'd rather have the disc anyway.

[quote name='Dieidiotscum'] Probably pick up Darksiders when christmas shopping, I'd rather have the disc anyway.[/QUOTE]

You could try buying it from BestBuy.com for $4.99 (Pre-owned). Although the option of getting it shipped is hit or miss, you could see if a local store has it available for in-store pickup. I managed to grab it back it June....(and if you're able to pick it up during a B2G1 promo, you could really make out.) Good Luck !

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Darksid...061468&skuId=9951493&st=darksiders&lp=10&cp=1

[quote name='eastx']
Leedmees was one of my first reviews too. Here is said review. Personally, I found the game frustratingly difficult due to the highly unresponsive and flat-out buggy controls. Some people don't seem to mind this (miraculously, to me), but it ruined the game for me.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review! Broken, unresponsive Kinect controls are the worst. I'll save my money.

[quote name='Dthib87']When that box comes up afteryou click purchase on xbox.com click buy with microsoft points. If you're on xbox console press X.

0.jpg

Look at the bottom where it says press X[/QUOTE]

Dthib87, I stole your screencap and did a quick-&-dirty edit for emphasis in order to post it into my answer in the OP about buying Games On Demand using points. (And thank you Reddjoey--or whomever--for graciously porting over my answer from the last thread into the OP.

........not that anyone seems to notice that the method is there, as witnessed by the dozen or so people that ask why there's MS Point values next to GoD's. SIGH. :drool:

IN-PROCESS EDIT: actually... I just bumped the spoiler for the method to the top of the GoD topic.
...BUT if anyone absolutely hates the formatting, then feel free to change it, I won't bitch much but maybe JUST MAYBE someone will notice it if it's above the GoD prices? One could hope.

[quote name='Sanges99']Dthib87, I stole your screencap and did a quick-&-dirty edit for emphasis in order to post it into my answer in the OP about buying Games On Demand using points...[/QUOTE]
I like the addition of the screencapture, we'll see if it helps.

Also, I read your signature spoiler tag and couldn't agree more.:lol:

[quote name='ooga']Didn't the disc have some weird issue, like you had to be connected to LIVE to even play the games or something like that?[/QUOTE]

I just popped the disc in to confirm and yeah there is something screwy going on with it. I guess I never noticed because 90% of the time I play I'm signed in and online with my main console.

The "Xbox Live Arcade Menu" of games won't let you play offline; it'll bring you to a sub-menu of the "big name games" on the disc (Dig-Dug, Pac-Man, Pac-Man CE, Galaga, Galaga Legions, New Rally-X, Ms. Pac-Man, Mr. Driller Online, Galaga, Xevious) but as soon as you try to load one of those titles it will kick you back out to the disc's main loading screen. (BTW all of these games have their own individual save files and also their own achievements, just as if they were individual downloaded games on your system.)

The "Museum Menu" games, which is everything else on the disc (mostly new "remixed" versions of old games and some leftover classics like my personal favorite, Rolling Thunder), can be played without being online from what I can tell of the couple that I booted up.

tl;dr: Yeah, the disc is mostly-jacked if you're not online.

[quote name='chuckie88']I like the addition of the screencapture, we'll see if it helps.

Also, I read your signature spoiler tag and couldn't agree more.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Thank you, and thank you. Always nice to find appreciation from another like-minded drama-free misanthrope, ha. :argue:

[quote name='Sanges99']Dthib87, I stole your screencap and did a quick-&-dirty edit for emphasis in order to post it into my answer in the OP about buying Games On Demand using points. (And thank you Reddjoey--or whomever--for graciously porting over my answer from the last thread into the OP.

........not that anyone seems to notice that the method is there, as witnessed by the dozen or so people that ask why there's MS Point values next to GoD's. SIGH. :drool:

IN-PROCESS EDIT: actually... I just bumped the spoiler for the method to the top of the GoD topic.
...BUT if anyone absolutely hates the formatting, then feel free to change it, I won't bitch much but maybe JUST MAYBE someone will notice it if it's above the GoD prices? One could hope.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with the bump or the screencap, both are useful.

Like you, I can't stand the question constantly being asked. It's seriously right there, clear as crystal, on the screen where you purchase the game you want. I really can't believe there are so many people that can't figure it out for themselves.

/rant

[quote name='Tarheel76']You could try buying it from BestBuy.com for $4.99 (Pre-owned). Although the option of getting it shipped is hit or miss, you could see if a local store has it available for in-store pickup. I managed to grab it back it June....(and if you're able to pick it up during a B2G1 promo, you could really make out.) Good Luck !

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Darksid...061468&skuId=9951493&st=darksiders&lp=10&cp=1[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the head sup, but it seems no best buy in Florida has it in stock, and it is store pick up only.

[quote name='Tarheel76']You're better of picking up a copy of "Namco Museum Virtual Arcade", which currently is $9.99 on BestBuy.com for Pre-owned. It has Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Championship Edition, etc.....a total of 34 games! I have it, and enjoy all the throwback titles. (Even some I never heard of growing up as a kid.)
Going this route is A LOT cheaper than buying the titles you want through the marketplace now, or waiting on a sale that will probably be "quite a while".

**And if you wanted to take a chance and wait until Best Buy offers the promotion of B2G1 on Pre-owned Games, you could really come out on top.....just a thought, that's what I did last year when I snagged my copy.

GAME ON !!:)[/QUOTE]

Wow, and I see Pole Position is on there too. Thanks.

[quote name='tribalnoise']bioshock 2 now showing as $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Is there any difference between the Xbox and the PS3 versions? I have the PS3 versions in my backlog but I need 1,200 points to reach 2,000 for the October promotion.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']i need opinions. dead rising 2 or the 4 episodes of the walking dead game?[/QUOTE]
I'll be honest, I have not played the Walking Dead games yet, but Walking Dead. Simply because Dead Rising 2 is just Dead Rising 1 with a new character and select weapon customization, but the gameplay is exactly the same as the first one. Meaning tons of fetch quests, running against the annoying time limit and cheap bosses. If you want a Dead Rising game, just get Case Zero. It's perfect amount of time for a Dead Rising game (about 2-3 hours) and doesn't get annoying with the same tasks. Otherwise Walking Dead also because I'm a fan of the comic and Robert Kirkman in general.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'll be honest, I have not played the Walking Dead games yet, but Walking Dead. Simply because Dead Rising 2 is just Dead Rising 1 with a new character and select weapon customization, but the gameplay is exactly the same as the first one. Meaning tons of fetch quests, running against the annoying time limit and cheap bosses. If you want a Dead Rising game, just get Case Zero. It's perfect amount of time for a Dead Rising game (about 2-3 hours) and doesn't get annoying with the same tasks. Otherwise Walking Dead also because I'm a fan of the comic and Robert Kirkman in general.[/QUOTE]
Could not disagree more.

I'd pick DR2 over WD even though I am a fan of the comics and Kirkman. The time limits aren't that bad and the bosses certainly aren't cheap.

I haven't played DR2, but I just recently played 14 hours of DR1. I've never played Walking Dead. With that being said, I'd definitely recommend Walking Dead over Dead Rising. I've heard nothing but great things about Walking Dead and how there's nothing else like it. Pretty much agree with everything bardock-kun said about DR; then again, the Dead Rising games have sort of a cult following, so I guess you could try a demo to see if you think you're gonna love it. Personally, I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more when the original came out 6 years ago. When I played it a few weeks ago, it felt more like a chore than like I was actually having fun.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']i need opinions. dead rising 2 or the 4 episodes of the walking dead game?[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead is excellent

Dead Rising 2 is excellent too. Basically, you still have to wait for ep 5 of WD where DR2 is all ready to go.

I'd say get DR2 while it's on sale, then buy the Walking Dead when it's on sale for 10 bucks in a few months.

Just added more S&S+ info to the OP, including Chain Reaction, the Scratch prize, the Mystery Wheel items, and some Metacritic/video links all-around.

As for "Walking Dead", remember it will be on disc soon, so if you're to truly be a CAG, you might as well wait for the used discs to start popping up. "Dead Rising 2" is still $17.99 for a used copy @ GameStop, so in terms of "savings", that's the better option. Also comparing TWD to DR2 is like comparing "Night of the Living Dead" to the "Dawn of the Dead" remake ... one is a slow methodical strategy game with some action elements, while the other is an action game with scavenger hunt elements. No reason you can't have both, but if you go the TWD route, remember you're in for a $25 purchase to get all 5 episodes from XBLM, and you can't resell it when you're done either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back