XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JStryke']I was thinking it was about time we saw another Risk sale. It's been a while.[/QUOTE]

Don't you even...!!! :whistle2:#

I'll see your Risk, and raise you a "what's on sale for the week of the 13th?" (Microbot hasn't been on sale since forever and a month ago when I didn't get it)

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Can anyone recommend All Zombies Must Die? I've heard a lot of enjoyment is sapped out of it due to being overly saturated with fetch quests. Anyone have any positive things to say?[/QUOTE]

um..can be fun in short bursts, I got it for free so I can't complain. it isn't bad at all, just..repetitive

[quote name='Kerig']Start hiding those 1600MSP cards at Target now, kids, they'll be $10 @ 9pm on Brown Thursday.[/QUOTE]

i-need-dis-cat-1024x366.jpg

[quote name='Kerig']Start hiding those 1600MSP cards at Target now, kids, they'll be $10 @ 9pm on Brown Thursday.[/QUOTE]

come on Amazon price match :bouncy:

[quote name='buckythekat']come on Amazon price match :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That would be so freakin' amazing.

Also, Deathsmiles 2 needs to be on sale already. ~_o Y u no sale?!

[quote name='buckythekat']come on Amazon price match :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

If they match it, it'd likely just be a lightning deal that sold out quickly like they did last year, limit of 1. Of course, I'd still be okay with this, and buy my limit of 1 gladly. Can never have enough points.

I'd recommend anybody to start stocking up on MSP already - Xbox Live turns 10 on Nov 15th, and I can imagine they throw some sales our way for that reason. Five years since Carcassonne was free... Oh, how time flies!

[quote name='Luxuria']Also, Deathsmiles 2 needs to be on sale already. ~_o Y u no sale?![/QUOTE]Seriously. I want to get it, but $30 is out of my price range for a download-only game.

& here's to hoping for sales relating to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, &/or Xbox Live's 10th birthday.

[quote name='Terrificy']I'd recommend anybody to start stocking up on MSP already - Xbox Live turns 10 on Nov 15th, and I can imagine they throw some sales our way for that reason. Five years since Carcassonne was free... Oh, how time flies![/QUOTE]

I thought that was last year!?
http://majornelson.com/2011/11/15/celebrate-10-years-of-xbox-with-this-free-avatar-item/

Unless you mean strictly the live service and not xbox brand in general.
In this case I guess they are gonna gift us another avatar crap hahaha

It seems that Terrificy ment the Xbox Live service!
Check this out:
Xbox console Retail availability for North America: November 15, 2001
Xbox live - Launch date: November 15, 2002

I knew that live had a later launch date but wasn't sure about the exact date. (Thank you wikipedia :) )

Anyway, I'm not expecting anything fancy from Microsoft but just in case I'm gonna keep my spare points on hold.

The original Xbox was released on Nov. 15th, 2001, so last year was the 10 year anniversary of Xbox in general. Xbox Live, the service, was released a year later on the same day, so yeah, in 3 days, it'll be 10 years ago since Xbox Live went up.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was something among the lines of free Gold weekend or something.

Should I pick up the Mass Effect 2 DLC or does anyone think it will be on sale for cheaper? I know I missed out on a few sales before already, but never had the game.

Quote from Major Nelsons twitter a few minutes ago..."@majornelson #xboxliveis10 this week and yes we plan on celebrating it with you. Details in a few days" hope this means sales.

If I'm remembering correctly, they gave away Carcassone and some points on the last XBL anniversary. Though they celebrated the 10th anniversary of Halo with $30 Halo 3 for GoD, so it could go either way.

[quote name='sweatysides']Quote from Major Nelsons twitter a few minutes ago..."@majornelson #xboxliveis10 this week and yes we plan on celebrating it with you. Details in a few days" hope this means sales.[/QUOTE]

details in a few days -_-

Can anyone convince me to pull the trigger on Joy Ride Turbo? I want the game, but I just can't seem to drop the coin on it. In the back of mind I keep hearing "What happened to 'free to play'?"

I suppose I should just give up on that like I pretty much have with the $50 Kinect happening...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Can anyone convince me to pull the trigger on Joy Ride Turbo? I want the game, but I just can't seem to drop the coin on it. In the back of mind I keep hearing "What happened to 'free to play'?"

I suppose I should just give up on that like I pretty much have with the $50 Kinect happening...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting on it but I know that even if I buy it I wont get around to playing it anytime soon.

I gave a recommendation on this game (Joy Ride Turbo) a few sites back..if any of you liked Mario Karte you will have fun with this little racer, also the stunt park is a nice addition...for 400 MSP you can't go wrong also the achievements aren't very hard...in any case it's a perfect game for in between =)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I gave a recommendation on this game (Joy Ride Turbo) a few sites back..if any of you liked Mario Karte you will have fun with this little racer, also the stunt park is a nice addition...for 400 MSP you can't go wrong also the achievements aren't very hard...in any case it's a perfect game for in between =)[/QUOTE]

Yup saw that. Still not convincing enough. FWIW Mario Kart peaked out on the SNES anyway.

Just wait and see what tomorrow's deals are and then find out. Man with black ops this week and BF next week, I don't know if Ill have enough in my budget for any deals xbox feels like having.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got a good amount of points from my near daily splurging at the Microsoft Store during that $25 voucher. So I'm ready.[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!! :D

Even with the nice supply of 1600 point cards I have, I am still thinking of taking advantage of that Target Black Friday deal.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Me too!!!! :D

Even with the nice supply of 1600 point cards I have, I am still thinking of taking advantage of that Target Black Friday deal.[/QUOTE]
Same! I Don't even know why! I Got enough, but so cheap and I can't help it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Can anyone convince me to pull the trigger on Joy Ride Turbo? I want the game, but I just can't seem to drop the coin on it. In the back of mind I keep hearing "What happened to 'free to play'?"

I suppose I should just give up on that like I pretty much have with the $50 Kinect happening...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LordVila']I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting on it but I know that even if I buy it I wont get around to playing it anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah pull the trigger on Joy Ride Turbo. It's a fun kart racer. Easily worth 400msp.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yup saw that. Still not convincing enough. FWIW Mario Kart peaked out on the SNES anyway.[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree. It peaked on the 64.

All downhill from there.

Thankfully Sega All Stars is picking up the karting slack.

As for Joy Ride Turbo, I want to but I'll wait to see what tomorrows deals are. I dont feel compelled enough atm.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I respectfully disagree. It peaked on the 64.

All downhill from there.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really care for the 64 version, I feel that it (like a number of 64 titles) was overrated. Mind you I don't mean it was a pile of garbage or anything, it was a decent racer and there was fun to be had, but I just didn't think it was as good as it's predecessor (see LoZ: OoT for another good example of a good game that isn't as good as people make it out to be, especially when compared to the original [LoZ 1 was and still is my favorite game of all time, though the Mass Effect series seriously rivals it]).

I decided to bite, I figure I have a mountain of points and I'm running out of games I really want and I don't see this one going any lower. MAYBE 200msp in the future but my gut tells me that is a remote chance at best.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I was excited twice, and disappointed twice with these deals.
Been waiting on ME2 DLC to drop for over a year. Now it has, but only two and not by much. Should I just keep waiting?

Then I see Pinball FX tables are disconted. I was planning on finishing up my collection when Marvel: Civil War comes out. Too bad Ms. Splosion Man is the only one I need from here. But I can't get it anyway since I owned the original tables already.

A couple of cheap shots. And not the good kind![/QUOTE]

I remember a very cool threshold guardian called Armament Armed Arm (on an old Sega Saturn game) which as the game said, "it died three times and was reborn twice." It's the same story for me, waited too long for a GotY edition of Mass Effect 2 which never came, and the only significant discount this past week was on the digital comic savegame creator. I can only hope there will be another offering of Mass Effect 2 DLC with actually significant discounted prices [sadly the Trilogy set doesn't contain enough DLC]. I also do not have an opportunity for the discount on Ms. 'Splosion Man table for Pinball FX2 because the chain reaction doesn't count classic tables transferred from my original purchase of Pinball FX. So I continue to wait for discounts which would involve me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yup saw that. Still not convincing enough. FWIW Mario Kart peaked out on the SNES anyway.[/QUOTE]

While I agree, I still have fun with Kart racers. On the 360, I still am able to enjoy titles like Blur and Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (the Banjo-Kazooie and avatar reasons set it apart from the other platforms ^^). I just find it a shame the only interest I showed in Joy Ride was when it was originally planned as a free for Xbox Live Gold Member game, but I do not discredit the modern XBLA game as fun. Yet, I will continue on without Joy Ride Turbo, even at 400MSP, because I am holding out for great discounts on content in the coming days to use my Microsoft Points.

[quote name='sweatysides']Quote from Major Nelsons twitter a few minutes ago..."@majornelson #xboxliveis10 this week and yes we plan on celebrating it with you. Details in a few days" hope this means sales.[/QUOTE]

I found the LiveIsFive gamerpics and managed to catch the avatar fireworks prop. I had missed out on the free Carcassonne (bought it when it was discounted to 400MSP) and chose to pass on paying $30 for a digital copy of Halo 3. As FriskyTanuki said, "could go either way," I'll just stay cautiously optimistic. Maybe they could have that game called 10 out of 10, which I cannot find any reviews for despite it being a game of the year, at $10 on Games on Demand =P.

Or I could get the local kids to just steal worthless unactivated cards and then use those at the Target checkout line on Sales Day. Mwahaha, the little hoodlums will be great minions! In case my poor humor slips by, no, I do not condone theft, I was just joking. Anyway, I should try to see if I can get those at that great price (in a fair legal manner)! Gotta stock up on Microsoft Points for the end of year discounts and the coming year XBLA titles.

[quote name='Luxuria']Also, Deathsmiles 2 needs to be on sale already. ~_o Y u no sale?![/QUOTE]

It is Christmas themed, I just don't think it will happen this year for it to go on sale. I crave a discount on the Games on Demand version as well. I have a strange feeling I will break first and purchase before it ever gets a price reduction, but when that day comes I am sure it'll finally receive the sale you want.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']The sequel Panic on Funkotron is significantly less incredible than the first, but the original TJ and Earl is one of the best co-op experiences of its time. There isn't much else like it either. Considering how you tout your "odd" taste in games so frequently you'd be doing yourself an injustice by passing on this completely, even if you must wait for a sale. Day one purchase for me! I hope it garners positive sales numbers.[/QUOTE]

Well, you've convinced me to give it a try when they put the Sega Vintage Collection titles on discount. I had no idea it's a roguelike, again the game was not part of my past, so I have no nostalgic feelings towards it. My odd tastes is the cause for me to constantly recommend Guardian Heroes throughout this week since it was 50% off, I will heed your words but not at its current non-discount price. I think Sega published XBLA titles have a good chance at a discount in the future, and I want something from almost every offering of the SVC collections.

[quote name='seppuku']With the recent realization of how large my backlog has swelled, my new mantra is, "no demo, no buy", sung to the tune of Marley's No Woman No Cry.... So even though I'd be interested in Akai Katana, I'll be checking out the demo of Shops Attack! Zombie Defense instead. This guy even makes a comparison to Akai Katana (with a brief reference anyway): http://otakudgamereviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/snops-attack-zombie-defense-xblig-one.html[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what convinced me to get Akai Katana when it finally got released here in the US. I grabbed the demo from the Japanese marketplace and found the game in accordance to my tastes. I will thank you for bringing notice to an XBLIG title which I passed over before, and I'll give it a shot sometime in the future.

Well, this week had fine things up on discount but either already had the games or chose to pass on them for various reasons. However, this week, I finally purchased an indie game I've been stalling on: Wizorb, because I like the developer's passion for pixel art and I hope they do consider bringing their upcoming Mercenary Kings to XBLIG. I am waiting and watching this thread when the news breaks on what will be this coming week's new discounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']LoZ: OoT for another good example of a good game that isn't as good as people make it out to be, especially when compared to the original[/QUOTE]

I've got a question. You're crazy!

The Deal of the Week appears to be some Magic: The Gathering from what I can tell based on the dashboard image. Coincidentally, I knocked 2013 (base game which came from PlayXBLA) off my backlog just yesterday.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've got a question. You're crazy![/QUOTE]

I personally found the original better than later editions of the franchise. It's possible it is just nostalgia, but there are qualities which made it more enjoyable to me in its time than the subsequent iterations in their respective times. However, I do love every edition of the series that I have played (no, I have not played the CD-i renditions). I thought a reason they have avoided numbering the titles as sequels was in part to maybe give every generation their own "first experience" with that kind of game in that series. Times change, maybe tastes change, the technology definitely changes, but its core gameplay is still solid. The common gameplay of the series is so solid, I even enjoy other titles which mimic it like the Neutopia series and Darksiders (haven't played its sequel, from what I heard the sequel features aspects which doesn't appeal to me).

[quote name='MRGx']apparently they're sending out 360s to people who have had Live since the start

http://kotaku.com/5960013/microsoft-sending-xbox-live-veterans-a-custom-free-xbox-360

pretty cool if true[/QUOTE]

Looks like I won't celebrate 10 years of Xbox Live with them. I've not been a Live member for that long. I still have an unredeemed 2-month card for Xbox Live in my original Xbox Burnout 3, but the card says it expired (the silvery scratch off is still there for scratching joy). It is a great gift for everyone who has been on Xbox Live for so long, congratulations to those who qualified!

Last edited by a moderator:
Puzzle Fighter for 400. I Have the Capcom Digital Collection, but don't know if I want to pay for it without it using my disc drive...

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Where do you see Puzzle Fighter for 400?[/QUOTE]
It's on the dashboard. Under browse games you see the Deal of the Week tab and it's all puzzle games this week.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's on the dashboard. Under browse games you see the Deal of the Week tab and it's all puzzle games this week.[/QUOTE]

what other games are on sale?

[quote name='marineal']what other games are on sale?[/QUOTE]
Uh, not on screen right now, but Puzzle Quest 1 and Puzzle Quest 2. That and two Magic games and I think one more.

Meh deciding if I should buy Guardian Heroes last minute. I just don't know when I would play it. Is it easy to find random online co-op partners? Maybe I can wait for it to go on sale again.

[quote name='bardockkun']Wreckateer free?! Oh fuck you Microsoft![/QUOTE]

Hopefully this list is JP only and other regions get a bit different stuff (very unlikely tho). Nothing exciting for me from these. Games like Peggle are on sale almost every week, ugh.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Sath666']Hopefully this list is JP only and other regions get a bit different stuff (very unlikely tho). Nothing exciting for me from these. Games like Peggle are on sale almost every week, ugh.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Nothing to buy, but I'll take a free Wracketeer any day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back