XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Guardian Heroes is a lot more complex than I expected it to be. There are SO MANY gameplay mechanics, it's hard to keep track of them all sometimes. But I really wanna get good at this game, dammit. Any tips for a newbie? I was kind of getting wrecked my first time playing as Nicole, haha.

[quote name='harry hood']but think of what you could do with all the msp you saved by waiting[/QUOTE]

Oh, so I missed your sarcasm. Yes, the original question was kinda silly.

[quote name='Tsel']If he waits an entire year just for the potential of them going on sale for 20 MSP cheaper, he'll have saved a whopping one dollar! Shopping spree time![/QUOTE]
Thats-the-joke.jpg

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Man, Guardian Heroes is a lot more complex than I expected it to be. There are SO MANY gameplay mechanics, it's hard to keep track of them all sometimes. But I really wanna get good at this game, dammit. Any tips for a newbie? I was kind of getting wrecked my first time playing as Nicole, haha.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel too. My first game I joined a game that was on level 8, I didn't know WHAT the hell was going on I couldn't even see my character through all the craziness.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Sarcasm does not translate well via text.[/QUOTE]

thats why we need a new font called sarcastica lol

read your review eastx on guardian heroes. very good and informative.
you said that when you start again you have to start leveling up again. how difficult is it then to max out your levels?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xbox_man']thats why we need a new font called sarcastica lol

read your review eastx on guardian heroes. very good and informative.
you said that when you start again you have to start leveling up again. how difficult is it then to max out your levels?[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! During normal play you wouldn't max the character out. But if you do tricks like abusing enemy juggles, you can get the level as high as you want. Such tricks are actually a good idea since the game is pretty tough on Normal (you can't unlock things on Easy). Once you know the tricks it's not overly hard; you just have to play a certain way.

I was excited twice, and disappointed twice with these deals.
Been waiting on ME2 DLC to drop for over a year. Now it has, but only two and not by much. Should I just keep waiting?

Then I see Pinball FX tables are disconted. I was planning on finishing up my collection when Marvel: Civil War comes out. Too bad Ms. Splosion Man is the only one I need from here. But I can't get it anyway since I owned the original tables already.

A couple of cheap shots. And not the good kind!

[quote name='eastx']Thanks man! During normal play you wouldn't max the character out. But if you do tricks like abusing enemy juggles, you can get the level as high as you want. Such tricks are actually a good idea since the game is pretty tough on Normal (you can't unlock things on Easy). Once you know the tricks it's not overly hard; you just have to play a certain way.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks for that.
might pick this up if i am able to get some msp

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yes. If they're awful tables I'll save the 400 pts.[/QUOTE]

I bought them anyway, and yes, they're not very good. I had to do it to get the discount on Ms Splosion man though, so I'm trying to convince myself that I paid less the. 400 msps for them. :)

[quote name='ooga']I bought them anyway, and yes, they're not very good. I had to do it to get the discount on Ms Splosion man though, so I'm trying to convince myself that I paid less the. 400 msps for them. :)[/QUOTE]

He was asking about the Avengers tables, which are great. The Marvel sets are the best overall.

If you don't have Guardian Heroes yet, it is a fucking STEAL at 400msp. Seven years ago the only way I got to play it was by shelling out $70 for the Saturn version...$5 for the HD remaster is a no brainer.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Hum still on the fence with Shoot many Robots..is it still fun if you play this game by yourself? Don't know how active the online is...[/QUOTE]

Its not very fun by yourself at all IMO. Unsure how active the online community is, I picked it up for local.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']He was asking about the Avengers tables, which are great. The Marvel sets are the best overall.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I should've read the post carefully. I assumed he was talking about classic.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Hum still on the fence with Shoot many Robots..is it still fun if you play this game by yourself? Don't know how active the online is...[/QUOTE]

I finished the game a couple of months ago. Solo is boring as hell and not recommended. There were plenty of people playing it at the time, so finding others to play with shouldn't be a problem. Its not the best multiplayer game out there, but it was pretty entertaining for a while. $5 is probably the most I would pay for it.

[quote name='eastx']That sucks. Cornelius, is there any way you can bring this to their attention? I could really go for that Ms. Splosion man table.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I have no access to the Marketing machine, but rather only explanations of why things work the way they do. You'll also recall the similar discount for Tiger Woods 13's "5 course pack" was required to unlock offers #2, #3, and #4, but those of us who previously bought the "11 course pack" were screwed. It's the same ass-backwards logic here. If there was a way for the S&S+ app to read multiple previous purchases to unlock 1 item, they would've implemented it already, but as I keep saying, the design of the S&S+ was left to MBA's, and not avid Xbox 360 owners who purchase games/DLC.

My recommendation is scream loudly & often to @XboxSupport (on Twitter) so they can pass the feedback along. It may not be effective this time, but Xbox Marketing definitely needs to hear how crappy they're running the system.

Cracking open the OP right now ... please stay out until I delete/strikethrough this paragraph ... thanks! OK, I'm happy with the OP now!

P.S. Awww, dammit ... I just bought my 3rd copy of "All Zombies Must Die!" thanks to Xbox Marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to love Guardian Heroes, I really do... and I think it's actually starting to grow on me. But in the end I think the mechanics are a bit too complex for my simpleton nature, so I'll probably end up passing it over.

The demo for Snops Attack! is pretty awesome though. :)

[quote name='seppuku']I want to love Guardian Heroes, I really do... and I think it's actually starting to grow on me. But in the end I think the mechanics are a bit too complex for my simpleton nature, so I'll probably end up passing it over.

The demo for Snops Attack! is pretty awesome though. :)[/QUOTE]

the moves are no more complicated than street fighter. and the move list is in the start menu. don't let that deter you, it's a really solid game.

Add me to the list of those annoyed by the Chain Reaction setup on Pinball FX. As an original owner I have no need to purchase the classic pack to get the only deal I am missing and want: Ms. 'Splosion Man. I would have definitely picked it up for 120 points. It isn't an incredible difference in price but still obnoxious that I can't get the discount.

[quote name='disilluzion']They gave me 460 points today. I only have 320 pending from Rewards, wonder what it's from...[/QUOTE]
Received 410 msp but only had 360 pending. I guess it's from the 1% october purchases, which doesn't appear on the webpage.

[quote name='seppuku']With the recent realization of how large my backlog has swelled, my new mantra is, "no demo, no buy", sung to the tune of Marley's No Woman No Cry.... So even though I'd be interested in Akai Katana, I'll be checking out the demo of Shops Attack! Zombie Defense instead. This guy even makes a comparison to Akai Katana (with a brief reference anyway): http://otakudgamereviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/snops-attack-zombie-defense-xblig-one.html[/QUOTE]

Same here, except I got desperate, made a Japanese account, and downloaded the Akai Katana demo from there. :)

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Cornelius, how in the world did you find that GH/DJ Hero sale info?[/QUOTE]

They're on Spylon's site.

anybody think we will get black friday sales and cyber monday sales. did not know it was that time until someone mentioned it before, and are they usually just for america

[quote name='xbox_man']anybody think we will get black friday sales and cyber monday sales. did not know it was that time until someone mentioned it before, and are they usually just for america[/QUOTE]

There were both BF and Cyber Monday deals last year. One deal was MvC2 for 320 points, no clue if it's restricted to any regions.

edit: they ran a Xbox Live Fan Appreciation Sale starting the week of, with more deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Last year's sale is here: http://majornelson.com/2011/11/22/x...paign=Feed:+MajorNelson+(Major+Nelson+(Xbox))

The big sale on BF was MvC2 for 320, and on Cyber Monday it was Beyond Good and Evil for 240, Risk Factions for 200 apparently.

[quote name='Foladar']There were both BF and Cyber Monday deals last year. One deal was MvC2 for 320 points, no clue if it's restricted to any regions.

edit: they ran a Xbox Live Fan Appreciation Sale starting the week of, with more deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Last year's sale is here: http://majornelson.com/2011/11/22/x...paign=Feed:+MajorNelson+(Major+Nelson+(Xbox))

The big sale on BF was MvC2 for 320, and on Cyber Monday it was Beyond Good and Evil for 240, Risk Factions for 200 apparently.[/QUOTE]

Here is the list of sales in addition to the Fan appreciation sales. Neither of these includes the DoTW for that week...

11/25 - Black Friday Sale - 1 DAY ONLY

XBLA:
-Full House Poker - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 320 Microsoft Points - 73% off
-Warhammer 40K: Killteam - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Games on Demand:
-Fallout 3 - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off

11/28 - Cyber Monday Sale - 1 DAY ONLY

XBLA:
-Beyond Good & Evil HD - 240 Microsoft Points - 70% off
-Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-RISK: Factions - 200 Microsoft Points - 75% off
-Dungeons & Dragons - Daggerdale - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off

[quote name='wirechild']Here is the list of sales in addition to the Fan appreciation sales. Neither of these includes the DoTW for that week...

11/25 - Black Friday Sale - 1 DAY ONLY

XBLA:
-Full House Poker - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 320 Microsoft Points - 73% off
-Warhammer 40K: Killteam - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Games on Demand:
-Fallout 3 - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off

11/28 - Cyber Monday Sale - 1 DAY ONLY

XBLA:
-Beyond Good & Evil HD - 240 Microsoft Points - 70% off
-Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-RISK: Factions - 200 Microsoft Points - 75% off
-Dungeons & Dragons - Daggerdale - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off [/QUOTE]

Not realizing when Black Friday / Cyber Monday were this year, I was thinking it was about time we saw another Risk sale. It's been a while.

Im still deciding if i should get Guardian Heroes or just save my MS Points for a possible black friday sale.Is Guardian Heroes better when you play Co-Op? If it is I might try to convince a friend to buy it.

[quote name='JStryke']Not realizing when Black Friday / Cyber Monday were this year, I was thinking it was about time we saw another Risk sale. It's been a while.[/QUOTE]

That list is for last years BF, not this years. This years is on the 23rd.

I didn't think I was going to buy anything this week but I got the Ms. Splosion Man table in the Chain Reaction deals since I owned the rest. Then I played the trial for Shoot Many Robots and enjoyed it so I bought that and so did my friend and we played co-op. :)

[quote name='Bloomy']They're on Spylon's site.[/QUOTE]

Under Highlights... hmm, cool. I always looked under Unidentified, which currently does no good.

Can anyone recommend All Zombies Must Die? I've heard a lot of enjoyment is sapped out of it due to being overly saturated with fetch quests. Anyone have any positive things to say?

I purchased the Jimi Hendrix track packs (both of them that are currently on sale) and they are not showing up as playable on GH Warriors Of Rock, anyone else have this problem too? All the other content works fine and when I go to 'shop' it never connects. I did update my library also, still no luck.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Im still deciding if i should get Guardian Heroes or just save my MS Points for a possible black friday sale.Is Guardian Heroes better when you play Co-Op? If it is I might try to convince a friend to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Like every brawler ever made, yes, Guardian Heroes is much better with a human fighting alongside you.

Steal of a price at $5. Keep in mind that people still pay $75+ for the Saturn version.

[quote name='lordopus99']I hope Major Nelson announces the BF/CM sales during his Tuesday "what's coming" post.[/QUOTE]

it will probably just say the sale name and the dates they are for just like the kinect sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back