XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xbox_man']Wasn't there an app you had to get Haunt through, but you had to have Kinect to use the app?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right. Haunt appeared through Kinect Central which, I believe, only appears on your dash when you have your Kinect plugged in.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Yes, you're right. Haunt appeared through Kinect Central which, I believe, only appears on your dash when you have your Kinect plugged in.[/QUOTE]

I confirm this.

Yes, Haunt required Kinect to be connected; Wreckateer was free for all.

I traded some worthless Minecraft skins for Haunt, even though I have no Kinect. I refuse to buy it until it's under $50.

[quote name='eastx']No, you didn't need to own a Kinect to get previous free games Haunt and Wreckateer. You won't need to own one to get Kinect Party. Also, we ask questions with question marks. ;)[/QUOTE]

If you're going to be pompous, you could at least be accurate.
;)

Just realized that LEGO Star Wars TCS is $30... I really hope it will be 800 MSP or I will be so pissed, as this will ruin my plans. You can find it retail for like $15-20, so I don't understand that price, but then again all GoD games are ripoffs, like Skyrim digital is still $60.

[quote name='darkrun']Just realized that LEGO Star Wars TCS is $30... I really hope it will be 800 MSP or I will be so pissed, as this will ruin my plans. You can find it retail for like $15-20, so I don't understand that price, but then again all GoD games are ripoffs, like Skyrim digital is still $60.[/QUOTE]

I was tempted to get BL2 when I saw its coming to GoD soon, but then I remembered it'll surely be $60, so why bother? I love having long games available digitally, but I won't even buy retail games at full price. Why would I buy a digital version for $60?

XBLDB picked up MW3 GoD dropping to half off ($30). Maps are still full price, though the sale isn't supposed to begin until tomorrow.

[quote name='hellhunde']I was tempted to get BL2 when I saw its coming to GoD soon, but then I remembered it'll surely be $60, so why bother? I love having long games available digitally, but I won't even buy retail games at full price. Why would I buy a digital version for $60?[/QUOTE]

if you stocked up on MSP with the kmart coupon glitch the past month then it would be worth it ;)

As I was looking through the Sale list for XBLA this holiday (not on this site), I noticed they left the 22nd slot empty (it's rumoured here).

Is it just comical irony to show people that the world's not ending? :lol: :applause:

[quote name='darkrun']Just realized that LEGO Star Wars TCS is $30... I really hope it will be 800 MSP or I will be so pissed, as this will ruin my plans. You can find it retail for like $15-20, so I don't understand that price, but then again all GoD games are ripoffs, like Skyrim digital is still $60.[/QUOTE]

you can snag skyrim digital on ebay for sub $20, after xmas im hoping for sub $15 and Ill bite.

The newest, lego clone wars is supposed to be great and refined from the rest of the series, but i got stuck on the demo not knowing what the fuck to do next. anyone own this game and think its worth it (even though we dont know prices yet)?

I'm just going to wait for the GOTY version of Skyrim. When it's released, isn't it usually $20-30 instead of full price?

Also I ordered a music album like a month ago that never got here and Amazon refunded me around $10, so more MSP for me! :)

[quote name='darkrun']I'm just going to wait for the GOTY version of Skyrim. When it's released, isn't it usually $20-30 instead of full price?[/QUOTE]Amazon originally sold the Fallout 3 GOTY at $60 and the New Vegas Collection at $50.

[quote name='darkrun']I'm just going to wait for the GOTY version of Skyrim. When it's released, isn't it usually $20-30 instead of full price?

Also I ordered a music album like a month ago that never got here and Amazon refunded me around $10, so more MSP for me! [/QUOTE]

GOTY's are usually $60 or close, It will drop in price but FO:NV complete is still about $20, dont expect a Skyrim GOTY till next year winter or so, and to find it at $20-30 will be about 2014... Id rather bite the bullet and just get it now then deprive myself of a great game just to wait 2 years...

Remember GOTY's are usually for when interest has died down and sales slow, I'm suprised the skyrim dlc got discounted so much already, oblivion took FOREVER to go on sale with worse dlc... Horse armor...

I'm fine with waiting for a Skyrim GOTY because I got the Oblivion GOTY a while back when it was a lightning deal for $10, and obviously I'm not done with it and I'm sure it will be so long until I lose interest in it. I also got the Fallout 3 GOTY so that will also keep me busy.

Man I hope that rumored sale of Tony Hawk is the XBLA version that came out this year and it will be on sale for 600 Microsoft points. That sounds reasonable right?

[quote name='hufferstl']Bragging time- 2 weeks ago I got a 2nd chance offer on ebay for Skyrim GOD for $7.13. Deal of the year. :)[/QUOTE]

Skyrim physical copy for $10 at MS Store. :)

[quote name='Zolor23']Skyrim physical copy for $10 at MS Store. :)[/QUOTE]

I redeemed the code on my nephews' Xbox and now we can both play at the same time. :)

[quote name='hufferstl']Bragging time- 2 weeks ago I got a 2nd chance offer on ebay for Skyrim GOD for $7.13. Deal of the year. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty jealous!

If I just started Skyrim, is it worth it to buy Dawnguard and Hearthfire so early in the game? Mind you, I don't really get to play more than 3 hours a week.

[quote name='RCS0926']If I just started Skyrim, is it worth it to buy Dawnguard and Hearthfire so early in the game? Mind you, I don't really get to play more than 3 hours a week.[/QUOTE]

3 hours a week? I would say no, the game is huge and highly replayable. But if it's a great deal I wouldn't just write it off.

I personally bought the collector's edition (great goodies) and still haven't played it. I will buy the xbox 360 DLC, buy the complete edition that we know will be made. Then eventually have a gaming PC that can take all the awesome mods and enjoy it again.

Ya, I'm a little bit of a fan. Just a little.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']3 hours a week? I would say no, the game is huge and highly replayable. But if it's a great deal I wouldn't just write it off.

I personally bought the collector's edition (great goodies) and still haven't played it. I will buy the xbox 360 DLC, buy the complete edition that we know will be made. Then eventually have a gaming PC that can take all the awesome mods and enjoy it again.

Ya, I'm a little bit of a fan. Just a little.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just don't have much time to play although Skyrim is the first game I've played in a long time that has me aching to play it. I imagine Dawnguard isn't worth getting right away since I'm so early in the game, but what about Hearthfire?

[quote name='RCS0926']Yeah, I just don't have much time to play although Skyrim is the first game I've played in a long time that has me aching to play it. I imagine Dawnguard isn't worth getting right away since I'm so early in the game, but what about Hearthfire?[/QUOTE]

Hearthfire really isn't essential or anything. It's a little fun add-on, not a full story tacked onto the game, so if you have the points, grab it. (Wait for the 31st when it will be on sale)

[quote name='Kerig']There's also a free add-on, also called Kinect Party(?)[/QUOTE]

I actually managed to find it on xbox.com. Just search Kinect Party and then when it doesn't come up click "see all Xbox 360 titles" and it was about 7 titles down.

[quote name='Kerig']There's also a free add-on, also called Kinect Party(?)[/QUOTE]

Add-on for Kinect party already? Very weird. Smart glass app perhaps?

[quote name='ooga']Add-on for Kinect party already? Very weird. Smart glass app perhaps?[/QUOTE]
The base game only comes with 4 of the channels/games unlocked. The add-on unlocks the rest of the channels.

[quote name='RCS0926']Yeah, I just don't have much time to play although Skyrim is the first game I've played in a long time that has me aching to play it. I imagine Dawnguard isn't worth getting right away since I'm so early in the game, but what about Hearthfire?[/QUOTE]

You may be able to start Dawnguard quest early if you want, but I am unsure.

Hearthfire isn't a story driven quest. Just a way for players to build there own kick-ass house on their own plot of land. There are other features that are cool, but I won't spoil it for you. I hate spoliers myself.

IMO if you have the microsoft points and the upcoming sale is good, I would just spend your points and get the dlc to expand your experience. The stuff will eventually go on sale again, but will it be soon and will it be as good of a discount. Maybe, but maybe not.

May I ask if you've played Oblivion or even Morrowind?

Hmm, debating if I should pick up Darksiders for 800msp before it's too late (again). I wouldn't be playing it anytime soon, unsure if I want to lose the storage space. But do want to play it eventually.

Should I just go for it or pick it up some other time for like the same price but as a disc? I hate being indecisive!

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Hmm, debating if I should pick up Darksiders for 800msp before it's too late (again). I wouldn't be playing it anytime soon, unsure if I want to lose the storage space. But do want to play it eventually.

Should I just go for it or pick it up some other time for like the same price but as a disc? I hate being indecisive![/QUOTE]

Buy it, but don't download it.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Hmm, debating if I should pick up Darksiders for 800msp before it's too late (again). I wouldn't be playing it anytime soon, unsure if I want to lose the storage space. But do want to play it eventually.

Should I just go for it or pick it up some other time for like the same price but as a disc? I hate being indecisive![/QUOTE]buy it and then cancel the download. you can download it again later since it will be in your purchase history.

All the Lego Games on demand are coming up as $9.99 (Both Indiana Jones games, Harry Potter 1, Batman 1, & Star Wars 3)for me except Star Wars: TCS... It's $19.99. Are these sale prices? I don't know what they cost normally.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']All the Lego Games on demand are coming up as $9.99 (Both Indiana Jones games, Harry Potter 1, Batman 1, & Star Wars 3)for me except Star Wars: TCS... It's $19.99. Are these sale prices? I don't know what they cost normally.[/QUOTE]
They're usually $19.99. So yup, that's sale price.

Well all the Modern Warfare stuff is showing as being discounted on xbldb & xbox.com. Map packs and GoD are 50% off. So 600 msp and 2400 msp for the game.

What's super odd is some of the Lego Games on Demand are showing up discounted on xbldb.com. Aren't those games supposed to be discounted Tuesday, the 19th? Seems all LEGO games are 50% which would make them 800 msp. Except for Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. it's normally $30, so half off is $15

[quote name='ooga']Buy it, but don't download it.[/QUOTE]

At first I thought it was a joke.

[quote name='tribalnoise']buy it and then cancel the download. you can download it again later since it will be in your purchase history.[/QUOTE]

Then I read yours and thought, OMG why didn't I think of that.

Thanks guys.

Of course LEGO Star Wars TCS is $20, not even $15 :( Well I can get it cheaper from Amazon. The rest are instant buys for me, but I'm going to wait until I see what Amazon has tomorrow, maybe they will price match, and I would buy those because I would rather have physical copies of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back