XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brash_Attack']What's the word on Serious Sam 3? Worth the 600?[/QUOTE]

It's worth at that price. If you don't care about achievements too much, just skip the dlc - no one plays competitive mp and the new levels are nothing special.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']is bully worth 800 msp? I know its a great game and all, but does it look outdated?[/QUOTE]

I bought it last month full price and can't believe how I've never played this game before. I think its a gem. Here's a tip, save before every class or mission starts.

[quote name='crunchewy']I need more points. More cheap points. Can't find any deals, though.

I'm probably going to bite on RB3 and try to pick up a keyboard cheap at some later date. I have RB1 instruments. They still work with RB3, right?[/QUOTE]

Everyone and their mom are selling 1600 point Target codes in the XBL code trading thread. So you may want to check there.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Why did you buy Lego Pirates already?! It goes on sale tomorrow......[/QUOTE]

It's already on sale.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']I STRONGLY recommend Super Meat Boy at 600 MS Points. You will NOT regret it.[/QUOTE]
Is that on sale as well?

FYI The Scorchers DLC for RAGE is out today for 400 points. It is 2.16 GB so it seems like a sizable bit of content for those who liked the game and still own a copy. The new screens look pretty bad ass also.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Scorchers/2fa4ebca-03bb-465e-a555-7e9368ad8e99

screenlg4.jpg

[quote name='crunchewy']I need more points. More cheap points. Can't find any deals, though.[/QUOTE]
Here's a link to the CAG thread on cheap Xbox points & subscriptions ... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248984 ... but the "spoiler" is that CrazyGameTime has consistently been the cheapest option, except when regional stores double-up coupons, etc. There's a link in my signature to send 2% of your purchase cost my way, but I honestly don't care if you just go directly to http://www.crazygametime.com . There's also a note on their page you can save $1.00 off the 4000 MSP card by coming in via Facebook, and you can also add coupon code "3PercentOff" to knock off 3% off your cart. I'm finding the 2400 MSP and 4000 MSP cards are roughly the same in "pennies per point" (about $0.0095 / point), so if you don't want to spend $38 immediately, you can cut it down to $22'ish. I just bought a 2400 MSP card last night, and the 5x5 code literally arrived faster than the PayPal notification that I paid $22.39 to them.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm probably going to bite on RB3 and try to pick up a keyboard cheap at some later date. I have RB1 instruments. They still work with RB3, right?[/QUOTE]
Yep, you're only missing out on the expert fingering on guitar, or cymbals on drums, but 5-color frets and 4 drums+pedal are still supported (and compatible with Guitar Hero instruments)! You saw the RB3 plastic instrument sale from Mad Catz on the OP, right? It's possible to find new instruments on eBay, or maybe even some retailer websites, but the Mad Catz sale makes it easy to find them (and you know they won't be used or arrive DOA).

Serious Sam takes the idea of mimdlessly shooting hundreds of monsters while strafing and running backwards and makes it boring.

I don't know about the XBLA versions but SS3's level pacing is rancid compared to the best in the series TSE on PC

[quote name='cancerman1120']FYI The Scorchers DLC for RAGE is out today for 400 points. It is 2.16 GB so it seems like a sizable bit of content for those who liked the game and still own a copy.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Scorchers/2fa4ebca-03bb-465e-a555-7e9368ad8e99[/QUOTE]

You forgot the most important part of the DLC: an Extended Play option that will allow players to freely explore the game world after the end credits roll, so they can wrap up any loose ends or achievements they missed out on. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-14-rages-the-scorchers-dlc-drops-next-week

Edit: Do the Serious Sam games come with coop multiplayer? I remember reading about how 16? players could join up on the PC and take down the enemies. From what I played of the first game on the PC years ago, you'd probably enjoy it a lot more with at least one buddy.

[quote name='TommyLove']Is that on sale as well?[/QUOTE]
Yep, it was a last-minute addition to the XBLA titles, and made it into the OP. There's still only 2 known GoD titles, but everything else is virtually identical to the leaked info that CAG'er "MWB" posted here.

[quote name='Bosamba']Edit: Do the Serious Sam games come with coop multiplayer? I remember reading about how 16? players could join up on the PC and take down the enemies. From what I played of the first game on the PC years ago, you'd probably enjoy it a lot more with at least one buddy.[/QUOTE]

Yes they all have co-op. SS3 requires the dlc for competitive multiplayer but I believe co-op is in the main game.

[quote name='Bosamba']You forgot the most important part of the DLC: an Extended Play option that will allow players to freely explore the game world after the end credits roll, so they can wrap up any loose ends or achievements they missed out on. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-14-rages-the-scorchers-dlc-drops-next-week
[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are also including an "ultra-nightmare" difficulty for those wanting another run through the game.

I have a lot of these games on sale on Steam, so I'll pass on those. Otherwise I'm just looking at Fire Pro Wrestling and RAW. Gonna demo them both and decide from there. I also need to decide which LEGO games to pick up.

[quote name='Bosamba']From what I played of the first game on the PC years ago, you'd probably enjoy it a lot more with at least one buddy.[/QUOTE]

This is probably a fair assessment of Serious Sam as a whole. I enjoy slaughtering all by my lonesome, but throwing a buddy in can make it a much livelier affair.

alright guys, looks like im gonna get bully then. Ima use the points that would of been for the simpsons on that Thanks everyone for your help. So far it looks like Bully, Sonic Adventure 2, Dust, and possibly the walking dead episodes are what im buying.

So far I queued up

Realms of Ancient War
Zuma's Revenge
Joe Danger the Movie

I'm going to need some more points soon. Because I also plan on getting Jet Set Radio, Fez, Hell Yeah, Mark of the Ninja, Deadlight, Dust and Borderlands 2 season pass.

Its nice to see Bully on sale for 800 points, I'll probably pick that up. Maybe some of the Lego game I don't have as well. Undecided on Joe Danger but it does seem like an enjoyable game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I need more points. More cheap points. Can't find any deals, though.

I'm probably going to bite on RB3 and try to pick up a keyboard cheap at some later date. I have RB1 instruments. They still work with RB3, right?[/QUOTE]360 keyboards are getting harder to find. Gs has them for $20 right now if you can find one (there aren't any within 100 miles of me).

Well so far, I'm sitting with Zuma Revenge and Sonic 2. I still have 1200 MSP in my account and 8000 MSP on cards left to work with. May just pull the trigger on Bully now. Just to make sure, it's on sale all week right?

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']I highly recommend Joe Danger 2 at 400msp. Great game, more fun than Trials imo[/QUOTE]
What kind of game is it? Right now I'm interested in Super meat boy.

[quote name='TommyLove']What kind of game is it? Right now I'm interested in Super meat boy.[/QUOTE]

It's a platformer/racer. The first game involved just using a motorcycle. The 2nd one mixes it up a lot more with different types of vehicles and challenges although I've heard that there are a lot more races this time around than there were in the original.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']I highly recommend Joe Danger 2 at 400msp. Great game, more fun than Trials imo[/QUOTE]

What does it have to offer that Trials doesn't? To me they seemed pretty similar, but I haven't played Joe Danger.

Cheap games give me an itchy buying finger:

Serious Sam 3 and DLC
Bully
Fire Pro
Frogger
RAW (Having a bit of buyer remorse but oh well)
Keflings DLC

Lots of stuff coming up to. Luckily I'm sitting on a good amount of points. Can't say the same about harddrive space...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Go, froggy, go!

Guess I'm passing on The Simpsons Arcade again. If I wasn't a buyer at 400 I'm sure as heck not at 600. Just goes to show that I can be wrong on occasion. I had anticipated when they first announced its release that I could scoop it up for 200msp during a holiday sale. Sadly that's not happening. At least not yet. Guess I'll wait and see how much it drops to next time it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Wait, was Simpsons actually 400 at some point? If so, I somehow missed that. I was not pumped to get home today and find it at 600, guess I'm still holding off then.

[quote name='seanr1221']I have a good 11,000 points from the target black friday sale. Time to start spending.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm just worried that I'll start spending on stupid crap I see.

[quote name='thenutman69321']IMO TFE and TSE are miles ahead of SS3 (in terms of being a fun game, obviously not graphics and stuff like that). All 3 are good games but the old ones are so much better. SS3 just doesn't have the same classic shooter feel that the other two have.[/QUOTE]

This kind of sells me on SS3 actually. Not a huge fan of classic FPS.

I really liked more Trials HD than Joe Danger, heck, I don't like Joe Danger at all, and kinda regret expending 600MSP in it. I should have demo'ed it before purchasing.

I highly recommend Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts at any price. Really, that game does not get near enough love. However, you can probably find the dual pack with Viva Pinata at GS for 10 or so, often mint or near mint (console pack-in). The DLC is good if it goes on sale, essentially another arena plus more of Klungo saving teh world!

[quote name='Zolor23']Me too. I'm just worried that I'll start spending on stupid crap I see.[/QUOTE]
Not me. I have a plan of attack, very strategic. I'll get the absolute most value out of my target points during this sale and i have a strict wishlist of games on sale that i'm choosing from. I'm like an ultra cag

[quote name='harry hood']Not me. I have a plan of attack, very strategic. I'll get the absolute most value out of my target points during this sale and i have a strict wishlist of games on sale that i'm choosing from. I'm like an ultra cag[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Is anyone else's Bully controlling sort of weird? If I'm trying to run straight, I'll only walk. In order to run, I have to be going at a slight angle. It's annoying

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']What does it have to offer that Trials doesn't? To me they seemed pretty similar, but I haven't played Joe Danger.[/QUOTE]

They aren't similar at all, aside from involving motorcycles. I *love* Trials HD and Evolution. Joe Danger didn't do much for me at all, but I know others like it, so YMMV. Try the demo.

[quote name='warfab']Got myself some LEGO games :)[/QUOTE]

Which one ?

I'm thinking about picking up Pirates but I'm just wondering if anyone here played it/has an opinion on it ?

[quote name='thenutman69321']IMO TFE and TSE are miles ahead of SS3 (in terms of being a fun game, obviously not graphics and stuff like that). All 3 are good games but the old ones are so much better. SS3 just doesn't have the same classic shooter feel that the other two have.[/QUOTE]

Classic shooters had real level design and didn't constantly break out into 30-40+ repetitive enemy encounters.

Serious Sam has some enemy variety and strafe dodging but it evokes the classics the same way Call of Duty evokes CounterStrike.

Now I don't think being classic is bad or good but I think it IS important to note the design differences. Serious Sam is a different approach and should be noted as such.

Only bought the new kefling dlc so far lol, have to try some arcade demos and still want lego POTC but not for 15 bucks :x anyone with a spare 1600 point card interested in 3 month live? lol I could then buy it form the us marketplace =P (and yeah I could set up a hungarian account but it isn't assured I can get the lego games since some people reported they weren't able to download them hum

[quote name='Sgt Barone']I STRONGLY recommend Super Meat Boy at 600 MS Points. You will NOT regret it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.

What if you tried the demo of Super Meat Boy and got frustrated and never even finished that? LOL. It was irritating me a lot more than it was being fun. Still, I might give it another shot. Not sure. Probably not, though. I'd rather get some of the other sale games.

[quote name='crunchewy']What if you tried the demo of Super Meat Boy and got frustrated and never even finished that? LOL. It was irritating me a lot more than it was being fun. Still, I might give it another shot. Not sure. Probably not, though. I'd rather get some of the other sale games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that demo is tough lol

[quote name='crunchewy']What if you tried the demo of Super Meat Boy and got frustrated and never even finished that? LOL. It was irritating me a lot more than it was being fun. Still, I might give it another shot. Not sure. Probably not, though. I'd rather get some of the other sale games.[/QUOTE]

SMB might be my favorite game of the generation. I can still hop in and play for a few minutes and have a blast. I "beat" the game but don't have the skill to 100% or even close, still love it to death.

Don't buy it then. If you want a similar platform experience without the frustration maybe try the N+ demo and...well sit and wait for a decent sale.

Super Meat Boy requires that you either be good at those games already or be ready to get better while it punishes you with boss stages or something. While a game like N+ just says "get the controls down and you will get through"

I hate every single person in here that was pushing people to buy Bully last week before it really went on sale. :bomb:

Picked up Lego Pirates and Lego Star Wars III, but I refuse to get Lego Star Wars TCS because of that ridiculous sale price compared to everything else. The only other thing I'll probably get at the moment is the Keflings DLC.

Don't get it - the demo represents the full game well. I picked it up at 400msp and it is still one of my only gaming purchase regrets since I have been on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back