XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bajingo']$20 on website, is that half off?[/QUOTE]

It showed up at $20 when I checked the website a few minutes ago, but it showed up as $10 when I bought it on the 360. Thanks guys, I've been waiting for a deal on this. :)

[quote name='otangz']LOL. I just realized you were Markew... what's up literal brother?[/QUOTE]

Oh just sitting here waiting for the Walking Dead to go on sale... in 10 days.

Rayman Origins does not have a region lock as I am downloading it from Australia on American account (it's $39 on Australian Account).
Anybody know how Lego Batman is not $9.99 like other Lego games in Australia. This was like the first Lego game wasn't it?

EDIT: Just remembered that Rayman Origins was in the same daily deal with the arcade games including Hell Yeah. So these arcade games will probably soon go on sale also, another early sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Go with Rayman Origins. It really is a quality game that's perfect for GoD/XBLA in little bite-sized chunks. That way when you get frustrated, you can switch to something soothing like Dead Space 3 without getting off of your couch.

ahhh...necromorphs and headstomping corpses...

It almost makes me want to write a poem about it that doesn't rhyme.

[quote name='Kerig']^ Go with Rayman Origins. It really is a quality game that's perfect for GoD/XBLA in little bite-sized chunks. That way when you get frustrated, you can switch to something soothing like Dead Space 3 without getting off of your couch.

ahhh...necromorphs and headstomping corpses...

It almost makes me want to write a poem about it that doesn't rhyme.[/QUOTE]

:lol:. Feb. 5th can't come soon enough my friend. As for rayman, I haven't played one since I owned the first one for ps1(fucking love that game). I tried the demo for origins and it was alright. Ima give it another shot and have a much more opened mind. Thanks man.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Outside of RAW and Joe Danger 2 prices seem underwhelming so far. Or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

50% off is about what I expected the majority of the sale prices to be, I would like for the sale prices to be more off but I am trying to think realistically. I've picked up several items so far and Joe Danger 2 would have been one if I hadn't got in on the free code deal from Raptr.

Oh sweet! 800 for raman origins is a great deal! It's a very good game that I see lots of people saying it's extremely underrated. I'm snapping it up.

i 1000/1000'd rayman origins and i never do that for any game. i loved it that much. i played it nonstop for 1 week straight. one of my favorite fucking games EVER

Queued up a couple demos for games not on my radar to see if there's a sleeper lurking in this sale....otherwise I'm just waiting for the other one day sales.

I burned through the early levels of Super Meat Boy pretty quickly, but eventually hit a slight bump and haven't tackled it again since. I'd still recommend checking out the demo though. Very enjoyable.... I also really enjoyed the platforming goodness of Rayman Origins. No excuse not to check out the demo.

[quote name='TommyLove']I may pick up Rayman Origins. Wasn't there other Rayman games as well?[/QUOTE]
Yes but they aren't anywhere as good as Origins is. Hence, why this title was super underrated.

[quote name='lordopus99']Yes but they aren't anywhere as good as Origins is. Hence, why this title was super underrated.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to check out the demo. I saw this at the Wii-U event the new one and it looks pretty fun!

I'm confused on how long Rayman and others are on sale since they went live early. Anyone figure that out yet? Kinda interested in Rayman Origins for 800.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']I'm confused on how long Rayman and others are on sale since they went live early. Anyone figure that out yet? Kinda interested in Rayman Origins for 800.[/QUOTE]

They seem to start about 7pm (my time-I think we are mountain now? Sorry Arizona doesn't mess with our clocks so the time zones shift around us) the night before. This has happened the last year or two at least. If Rayman is part of tomorrow's sale then you can expect it to be on sale until roughly midnight pacific tomorrow night. If you want it just get it sometime tomorrow afternoon and you'll be fine.

I've just played the demo and personally I guess I'm not a big fan of it. It's probably due to my noobiness on platforming games.

Rayman Origins has so much charm. I loved that game, totallly worth it at $10 too and I bought it retail for more than that awhile ago.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']They seem to start about 7pm (my time-I think we are mountain now? Sorry Arizona doesn't mess with our clocks so the time zones shift around us) the night before. This has happened the last year or two at least. If Rayman is part of tomorrow's sale then you can expect it to be on sale until roughly midnight pacific tomorrow night. If you want it just get it sometime tomorrow afternoon and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I see what you mean. Wasn't originally planning on getting it but for just 800msp, I can get some old school in-same-room-same-TV co-op with my nephews. Heard it has great co-op.

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']So... if not during this sale, when would one expect a sale on Forza Horizon season pass or AC3 season pass?[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised there is borderlands 2 season pass for a day, especially since there are still DLC yet to be released.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']I'm surprised there is borderlands 2 season pass for a day, especially since there are still DLC yet to be released.[/QUOTE]
they did the same thing for Gears 3 (last year?).

[quote name='taylort3']they did the same thing for Gears 3 (last year?).[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't remember that, my bad. Guess because I thought it wasn't worth it for me.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']sonic adventure is still 800 msp so i guess its just rayman that went up early? Now i have to choice between rayman or bully or perhaps both.[/QUOTE]

I definitely go for both, but Rayman will be far easier to acquire on disc for a reasonable price (it's $9.99 used with FSSS right now on Amazon).

fyi. I just found Rayman Origins at BB today on clearance for $12. Don't know if this is YMMV or not, But if you're one of those people who perfer disks over downloads, like me, It may be worth a look. Especially since it's only $2 more.

[quote name='crazylox2001']i justnotcied that they added port royale to Game on demand..anyone every played it?[/QUOTE]

I was intrigued but reviews were...unkind. Maybe we'll get a sale on it in the new year though

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']fyi. I just found Rayman Origins at BB today on clearance for $12. Don't know if this is YMMV or not, But if you're one of those people who perfer disks over downloads, like me, It may be worth a look. Especially since it's only $2 more.[/QUOTE]
And the tax..THE TAX!!

I kinda wanna buy Rayman origins even though I own the disk, just so I dont need to spend the few extra seconds necessary to put the disk in... seriously, it's that good, so just buy the damn thing!

I'll probably get Rayman and Bully. Too bad I only have a 60GB HDD...I'm going to have to delete stuff, then install stuff, then uninstall those to install Walking Dead later...

Got Super Meat Boy and I'm so glad I did! I played for 3 hours nonstop, man that game is addicting! Hopefully on the Platformer day Mark of the Ninja, Fez, & Trine 2 are 600 points or lower :D

[quote name='Zolor23']I'll probably get Rayman and Bully. Too bad I only have a 60GB HDD...I'm going to have to delete stuff, then install stuff, then uninstall those to install Walking Dead later...[/QUOTE]

You don't have to download the games right now unless you are planning on playing them right now.

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']So... if not during this sale, when would one expect a sale on Forza Horizon season pass or AC3 season pass?[/QUOTE]
Didn't the Forza 4 season pass sale come out of nowhere last year?

Hum Rayman Origins is 25€ and LEGO PotC is 15€ thanks MS for charging everyone similiar on this world...oh wait...

and people wonder when I say Dollars are worth like nothing..lol (okay next to nothing compared to the prices here lol)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I definitely go for both, but Rayman will be far easier to acquire on disc for a reasonable price (it's $9.99 used with FSSS right now on Amazon).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not anymore...I just bought it. Muahahaha! Thanks for the heads up, tyler! For all the love/hate it's given me, it deserves a solid spot on my shelf.

[quote name='Kerig']Yeah, not anymore...I just bought it. Muahahaha! Thanks for the heads up, tyler! For all the love/hate it's given me, it deserves a solid spot on my shelf.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I bought it for $20 from TRU, played it and thoroughly enjoyed it, then sold it for about $15 then rebought it later on PS3 for about $14. It's definitely worth multiple playthroughs, I'll probably even buy it one more time on Vita when it gets to be around $10.

[quote name='biledriver']I was intrigued but reviews were...unkind. Maybe we'll get a sale on it in the new year though[/QUOTE]
i saw it for 20 or 30 on amazon and iw as going to go to BB but they dont even carry it

I said I wasn't going to pick up anything since I already own the majority of this stuff and I STILL bought Frogger and RAW. So again it validates what I've been saying for years: price crap low enough and people will buy it.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Imma just say cuz im im buzzed from christmas party... MAP PACkS SUCK![/QUOTE]
I'm assuming for MW3? Hahaha

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm assuming for MW3? Hahaha[/QUOTE]

Lol ya i just hate seeing them for sale, let alone on sale. Im sure it not help im gerbil at MP shooters.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Lol ya i just hate seeing them for sale, let alone on sale. Im sure it not help im gerbil at MP shooters.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking about picking up the map packs as well, but I checked my friends list and all I see them playing is halo halo halo, so it looks like I had to passed on that. It's still a great deal though, except MW3, which is a rip off.

COD stuff tends to stay expensive and don't go on sale as often. so you should get them when you can if you like the series.

it took forever for me to be able to get BLOPS stuff cheap (I got into it really late as I am a CAG).

on another note:
I barely play any of the rhythm games any more. The last time to get serious time was DJ Hero 2.

I haven't touched any of the Rock Band or Guitar Hero games in some time. But Rock Band 3 for $10.... that's seriously getting me to consider dusting off the plastic... but it'd probably end up being an impulse buy that doesn't get play.

someone push me over the edge. and no, the pro mode probably won't do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back