XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='OregonDealz']Lol ya i just hate seeing them for sale, let alone on sale. Im sure it not help im gerbil at MP shooters.[/QUOTE]

As someone who got into it late (right before MW3), MW3 sucks (most good ppl hate it) and that Black Ops 2 is pretty fun so would recommend getting BOP2 and YouTube ppl to see how they make their classes and what guns they choose (I know it was odd for me to figure out what guns and accessories were decent in MW3) then once you unlock some guns then use what you like. Oyeah get some headphones, they make a world of diff then listening from tv speakers.

[quote name='silverrat23']Never Gonna Give You Up.[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOLOL. that's a good one.

please say you're joking! RB has jumped the shark if that's true...

[quote name='dirtyvu']I haven't touched any of the Rock Band or Guitar Hero games in some time. But Rock Band 3 for $10.... that's seriously getting me to consider dusting off the plastic... but it'd probably end up being an impulse buy that doesn't get play.

someone push me over the edge. and no, the pro mode probably won't do it for me.[/QUOTE]

The number of songs you get with Rock Band 3 alone easily justifies the $10 price. Plus you can export the songs from whatever existing RB game you have, making it even more convenient and awesome. And Rock Band Blitz songs export to RB 3 if you ever get Blitz, so the value chain gets longer and longer.

[quote name='eastx']Plus you can export the songs from whatever existing RB game you have, making it even more convenient and awesome.[/QUOTE]
Provided you're the original purchaser of your RB1 / RB2 copies, or if you bought them used, the person never exported the songs ... because the codes on the instruction manual are unique. :whistle2:(

FYI, "Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga" has now dropped to 1200 MSP / $14.99, so it's now 50% off, and I've tweaked the OP with this info.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']Provided you're the original purchaser of your RB1 / RB2 copies, or if you bought them used, the person never exported the songs ... because the codes on the instruction manual are unique. :whistle2:(

FYI, "Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga" has now dropped to 1200 MSP / $14.99, so it's now 50% off, and I've tweaked the OP with this info.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, now I'm tempted to pick it up.

Do you guys think Plants vs Zombies is worth picking up even if I have it for iOS and computer?!? I dont know if there's any exclusive modes or Xbox specific stuff. Thoughts?!? I'd really appreciate any input from fellow CAGs.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Do you guys think Plants vs Zombies is worth picking up even if I have it for iOS and computer?!? I dont know if there's any exclusive modes or Xbox specific stuff. Thoughts?!? I'd really appreciate any input from fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

It does have some exclusive minigames and is the only version with local multiplayer. The controls also work very on 360, as you can just suck up sun at any time with the shoulder buttons.

If you dig PvZ, I definitely think it's worth it. I've played through the Steam, XBLA, and WP7 versions and never get tired of it.

[quote name='dirtyvu']LOLOLOLOL. that's a good one.

please say you're joking! RB has jumped the shark if that's true...[/QUOTE]

I'm not joking. It's an actual song available as DLC. Call Me Maybe, Bad Romance, Still Alive and South Park songs are also available.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Do you guys think Plants vs Zombies is worth picking up even if I have it for iOS and computer?!? [/QUOTE]

Yes, next question.
I would go even further and say you need to buy it multiple times for the Xbox (I have both a digital and disc copy). ;)

[quote name='Cornelius']Provided you're the original purchaser of your RB1 / RB2 copies, or if you bought them used, the person never exported the songs ... because the codes on the instruction manual are unique. :whistle2:(

FYI, "Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga" has now dropped to 1200 MSP / $14.99, so it's now 50% off, and I've tweaked the OP with this info.[/QUOTE]

You don't need a code to export RB1 song. You use the disc and pay a 400msp fee.

So, which Serious Sam game is worth my points? The reviews for all look average but the games look fun. I'm going to try out the trials later but I wanted to see what you guys think.

[quote name='weeman43302']So, which Serious Sam game is worth my points? The reviews for all look average but the games look fun. I'm going to try out the trials later but I wanted to see what you guys think.[/QUOTE]

I along with several other people asked this same question and there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming choice as to which is the best.

[quote name='LordVila']I along with several other people asked this same question and there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming choice as to which is the best.[/QUOTE]

They are all very similar, with purists of the series having the general opinion that 1 and 2 are better. However 3 looks much nicer.

[quote name='harry hood']i 1000/1000'd rayman origins and i never do that for any game. i loved it that much. i played it nonstop for 1 week straight. one of my favorite fucking games EVER[/QUOTE]

I could not have said it better. In fact my entire family will sit on the couch and play it together. This is the only game out of hundreds this happens....

[quote name='tylerh1701']THEY ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha not really, I've only played half of TFE, but I thought it was pretty lame personally.[/QUOTE]

Well they are pretty hard at least even on easier difficulties and even more if you don't have someone to play with hum =O

[quote name='tylerh1701']Rayman Origins also donated 1 zillion dollars to cancer research and saved my cat from a house fire.[/QUOTE]
Hahahaha, what a nice game. Gonna buy three or four xDDDD

Picked up Lego Pirates !!

P.S. If anyone from Canada is here, could you tell me why $9.99 came out to be 720 MSP (not that I'm complaining !! )

[quote name='LordVila']I along with several other people asked this same question and there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming choice as to which is the best.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry. I didn't realize others had asked. I guess that's what I get for not reading through the parts of the thread I missed. Thanks for the input though.

Heads up, yesterday I apparently managed to "buy" the Kinect Part full unlock but not the actual base game somehow. Has been rectified, but might wanna check.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Do you guys think Plants vs Zombies is worth picking up even if I have it for iOS and computer?!? I dont know if there's any exclusive modes or Xbox specific stuff. Thoughts?!? I'd really appreciate any input from fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

It might be better to pick up the disc version since it comes with Peggle and Zuma for free if you are into those too.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Rayman Origins also donated 1 zillion dollars to cancer research and saved my cat from a house fire.[/QUOTE]
in for 5

Is it worth getting the SS3:BFE DLC now if I don't plan to ever play multiplayer versus? I read somewhere that it could have more content for the main game as well, but I'm not sure because the PC version's DLC is named the same also.

Also, did anyone else notice the January listing for the new XBLA Sam indie game?

Lego India Jones 1 and 2 worth getting? I got around 2200 points after getting that LOTR dota style game and since nothing is coming out in the next 6 months on XBLA i care about i am looking for something to play over the holidays.

Is Lego India 1 better than 2? 2 better than 1? Worth getting both?

[quote name='styl3s']Lego India Jones 1 and 2 worth getting? I got around 2200 points after getting that LOTR dota style game and since nothing is coming out in the next 6 months on XBLA i care about i am looking for something to play over the holidays.

Is Lego India 1 better than 2? 2 better than 1? Worth getting both?[/QUOTE]

All Lego games are worth getting if you like that kind of stuff, which you should know after playing or demoing one of the games. That said, Indy 1 is better than Indy 2.

[quote name='Tsel']Dammit, now LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga is tempting me at it's new low price![/QUOTE]
I would have picked it up at $9.99, but not $14.99. It looks silly in that list being the oldest game there and yet the most expensive.

And then there's Indiana Jones, whose sequel includes all the levels from the original game, and yet costs the same amount.

[quote name='styl3s']Lego India Jones 1 and 2 worth getting? I got around 2200 points after getting that LOTR dota style game and since nothing is coming out in the next 6 months on XBLA i care about i am looking for something to play over the holidays.

Is Lego India 1 better than 2? 2 better than 1? Worth getting both?[/QUOTE]

I only played 1 (because I got it free when I bought my 360), but from what I hear, apparently 2 has the next movie (can't remember the name) and fixes some of the problems wrong with the first one.

[quote name='Tsel']Dammit, now LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga is tempting me at it's new low price![/QUOTE]

If it was $10 (800 points), I'd probably bite, but $15 is still a little too much for me.

[quote name='weeman43302']So, which Serious Sam game is worth my points? The reviews for all look average but the games look fun. I'm going to try out the trials later but I wanted to see what you guys think.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling these might get a compilation disc now that its a trilogy. I think I can wait for that.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I would have picked it up at $9.99, but not $14.99. It looks silly in that list being the oldest game there and yet the most expensive.

And then there's Indiana Jones, whose sequel includes all the levels from the original game, and yet costs the same amount.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? If you buy the 2nd, then you essentially get the 1st game as well?

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']
And then there's Indiana Jones, whose sequel includes all the levels from the original game, and yet costs the same amount.[/QUOTE]

Ummm no.

I'm really tempted by Lego Star Wars complete now; I'll probably end up buying it later today, although I wish it was $10.

I already have Lego Indiana Jones and my little brother has Lego Batman, so those two are definite passes. I'll definitely consider the other ones, but I think I'll probably save my points for the rest of the sale.

[quote name='RCS0926']Is this true? If you buy the 2nd, then you essentially get the 1st game as well?[/QUOTE]

Lego Indiana Jones is based on the first 3 movies, while Lego Indiana Jones 2 is based on all 4. It has all-new levels, and doesn't reuse any from the first game.

On the fence for the Lego games, mainly since I'm going to be getting low on hard drive space by the time this sale is over. If I only got one Lego game, which one would you all recommend? Already have the first Indiana Jones, but the rest is fair game.

[quote name='VersionJ']I have a feeling these might get a compilation disc now that its a trilogy. I think I can wait for that.[/QUOTE]

Europe got a compilation disc of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter and The Second Encounter, but that disc never made it to the US. Also, Serious Sam 3: BFE comes from a different publisher, so it's especially unlikely to be bundled with the first two XBLA games.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']So are any of these Lego games a good price at $10 or have they been at a lower price on disc?[/QUOTE]

I think it will be difficult to find a better deal elsewhere.

For those wondering the values, here at Gamestops PRE-OWNED prices and Amazons (along with the lowest price from partner sites in parentheses)

Indiana Jones: GS 4.99 - Amazon 19.99 (platinum hits) (1.76)
Indiana Jones 2: GS 19.99 - Amazon 16.00 (12.00)
HP 1-4: GS 24.99 - Amazon 13.96 (9.99)
Pirates: GS 17.99 - Amazon 19.96 (10.71)
Batman: GS 12.99 - Amazon 19.99 (9.95)
Star Wars III: GS 18.99 - Amazon 14.99 (12.37)
Star Wars TCS: GS 24.99 - Amazon 14.99 (10.23)

Not sure if its been posted cuz I dont go through the prior pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kdiddy1989']For those wondering the values, here at Gamestops PRE-OWNED prices and Amazons (along with the lowest price from partner sites in parentheses)

Indiana Jones 2: GS 19.99 - Amazon (12.00)
Pirates: GS 9.99 - Amazon 19.96 (10.71)

Not sure if its been posted cuz I dont go through the prior pages.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for doing the research. Looks like you really only have to think twice about getting Lego Indy 1 through Games on Demand.

[quote name='Tsel']LEGO Pirates is $17.99 pre-owned at Gamestop. Not sure where you're seeing the $9.99 price.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Appreciare the heads up. Not sure how I missed that either -_-

[quote name='kdiddy1989']For those wondering the values, here at Gamestops PRE-OWNED prices and Amazons (along with the lowest price from partner sites in parentheses)

Indiana Jones 2: GS 19.99 - Amazon 16.00 (12.00)
Pirates: GS 17.99 - Amazon 19.96 (10.71)

Not sure if its been posted cuz I dont go through the prior pages.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this list. I just picked up Lego Indiana Jones for 1.76, too bad shipping was $5 but the total is still under $10.

im gonna have to buy both lego star wars complete and lego harry potter 1 again. complete saga is kinda cracked and lego harry 1 i only have on wii which im about to sell so those prices really did me in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back