XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JStryke']On the fence for the Lego games, mainly since I'm going to be getting low on hard drive space by the time this sale is over. If I only got one Lego game, which one would you all recommend? Already have the first Indiana Jones, but the rest is fair game.[/QUOTE]

Don't let HD space deter you. MS lets you use 32 GB via USB. Last I checked, speeds were comparable to HD (there was maybe a 1-2 minute difference installing a full game off disk).

Unless the Wii is your only system, you should always go for the HD versions. I have Lego Batman 2 on the Wii, and although it's still playable, I can only imagine how much better it would be to play on the PS3 or 360. My son and I play co-op, and the Wii sometimes has a hard time keeping up especially in the open world and split-screen sections.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']So are any of these Lego games a good price at $10 or have they been at a lower price on disc?[/QUOTE]

If you like collecting games and don't turn to a FAQ too quickly, you'll probably get ~30 hours out of the Lego games, except for Star Wars TCS, which will be quite a bit longer.

Some of the older Lego games would show your total play time when checking the save on the Dashboard, and I put in ~30 hours into Indy 1, 32 into Star Wars II (not part of the sale), 36 into Batman and a little over 70 into Star Wars TCS. I've also completed Indy 2 and both Harry Potters, and while those saves don't show times, I think they were also in the 25-30 hour range.

A lot of the time gets inflated by replaying levels to collect the various things, and needing to do Super Story reruns in Star Wars can be a pain, but that's how the Lego games play.

For the amount of time I get out of them, I'm fine with ~$15 for the disc versions, and am not disappointed having paid that much for the physical copies of Star Wars III and Pirates still in my backlog from earlier in the year. They make for a nice palate cleanser between more "serious" games, and I'll probably knock one of them (or Batman 2 from Amazon BF) off my list after I burn out on Borderlands 2.

[quote name='weeman43302']So, which Serious Sam game is worth my points? The reviews for all look average but the games look fun. I'm going to try out the trials later but I wanted to see what you guys think.[/QUOTE]

Definitely get SS: the first encounter and SS: the second encounter. these were remade with updated graphics (it's not just high resolution like the original PC versions were, but rather, new textures and lighting). lots of fun. old school fun where you have a zillion guys attacking you from all sides. really huge huge expansive levels. makes all of today's shooters feel claustrophobic. really great, especially when played in co-op.

i just bought serious sam 3 so i can't comment yet on it. but it does look mighty fun.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Do you guys think Plants vs Zombies is worth picking up even if I have it for iOS and computer?!? I dont know if there's any exclusive modes or Xbox specific stuff. Thoughts?!? I'd really appreciate any input from fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

yes, even if you own it on other machines, PvZ is still totally worth it on the 360. playing on the big screen in 16:9 with a friend.

some new game modes.

the controls make the game feel very different. instead of clicking like a mad man in PvZ (especially survival mode), you just pull the trigger every once in awhile. it doesn't sound different but once you try it, you'll realize the atmosphere is different.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Do you guys think Plants vs Zombies is worth picking up even if I have it for iOS and computer?!? I dont know if there's any exclusive modes or Xbox specific stuff. Thoughts?!? I'd really appreciate any input from fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about the iPhone/iPod Touch version, then that's a piece of shit compared to the console/Vita/PC versions that have everything they're supposed to. At least you have the PC version to know what's expected from the game. The consoles have local MP and co-op, a new minigame, better visuals to take advantage of the HD screen real estate, and great controls for the controller.

I own and have beaten the PS3, PC, iPod Touch, Xbox 360, and Vita versions and would definitely recommend everything but the iPod Touch version. I have yet to try the DS, DSiWare, and Android versions, so those are on my radar to get at some point.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']You'd think they would do some kind of Xmas avatar gear :([/QUOTE]

Not sure if you mean "offer" or "put on sale" but if you checkout the Avatar Store, they updated teh Holiday collection -- and there's some offbeat stuff in there, like Holiday ninja suits...? I almost got the snowman, but he's a little... violent for my taste. Well, taste in Holiday stuff at least.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Don't let HD space deter you. MS lets you use 32 GB via USB. Last I checked, speeds were comparable to HD (there was maybe a 1-2 minute difference installing a full game off disk).[/QUOTE]

So you can play games straight off of USB sticks?

[quote name='tylerh1701']So you can play games straight off of USB sticks?[/QUOTE]

Yes although the original game disk MUST still be in the disk tray even though it doesn't spin for piracy reasons.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes although the original game disk MUST still be in the disk tray even though it doesn't spin for piracy reasons.[/QUOTE]

How does that work though for downloaded games?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes although the original game disk MUST still be in the disk tray even though it doesn't spin for piracy reasons.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Maybe I'll get a big USB that I only use for disc installs. I too am curious how it works for downloadable games. Can you play those straight off the USB or do you have to transfer the content to the 360 hard drive before you can play?

alright started playing Serious Sam 3. is the game supposed to hitch every once in awhile? while I'm playing every once in awhile, when it's doing a midlevel load, the game will pause for a split second, including the music. it's kind of annoying. loading was silky smooth and unobtrusive in the previous ss games and other games like Halo 4.

i do like what I've seen so far. I still prefer the first encounter and second encounter thus far (only have played the first level of ss3). but maybe because I only have a pistol I can't use (only 10 bullets) so I have to melee everything.

DOn't know if the rest of you saw it, but on the 13th there was a 120,000 MSP giveaway on the free stuff forum (i cant find it now). All you had to do is say how you think videogames have changed the world. It turns out, this one was actually legit. Just got a 1600 point code in my email. Now i can get all the stuff i wanted :D

[quote name='MagmaOasis']DOn't know if the rest of you saw it, but on the 13th there was a 120,000 MSP giveaway on the free stuff forum (i cant find it now). All you had to do is say how you think videogames have changed the world. It turns out, this one was actually legit. Just got a 1600 point code in my email. Now i can get all the stuff i wanted :D[/QUOTE]

good for you ...those 1600 point sure will get you far!!!:roll:

Troll in other threads

[quote name='MagmaOasis']DOn't know if the rest of you saw it, but on the 13th there was a 120,000 MSP giveaway on the free stuff forum (i cant find it now). All you had to do is say how you think videogames have changed the world. It turns out, this one was actually legit. Just got a 1600 point code in my email. Now i can get all the stuff i wanted :D[/QUOTE]

Arrgghh I posted mine before the deadline and the email hasn't come through! It was pretty long too!

EDIT: the post says all codes will be handed out before the 25th, so don't stress (?) if you didn't get it yet.

[quote name='RCS0926']Looking forward to getting Mark of the Ninja tomorrow. The game looks really fun.[/QUOTE]

This! Played the demo when it first came out and enjoyed it.

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']This! Played the demo when it first came out and enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

It's on sale now for 600 points.

Got Sonic 4 Ep2 for 400 and I hate it. Sonic is so slow and I literally have to stop and spin dash to make him fast enough so I can complete levels... TODAY. And since when did bosses after the first zone took 10 hits to kill?

Also got Super Meat Boy and this game is my little *****. I look forward to spending 300+ hours on it.

I also downloaded LEGO Harry Potter, but that can wait while I play... Sonic Adventure 2! Holy crap I haven't played this in YEARS!!! OMG :)

How's Trine 2? I enjoyed the original demo on the PS3 but never bought it. However, that 400 point price tag looks awfully tempting...

[quote name='silverrat23']Arrgghh I posted mine before the deadline and the email hasn't come through! It was pretty long too!

EDIT: the post says all codes will be handed out before the 25th, so don't stress (?) if you didn't get it yet.[/QUOTE]
I don't even think the 75 people applied. Everyonewho posted is gonna get a free code it looks like. Lucky break. Totally wasn't expecting it to be real.

Just watched a trailer for Trine 2, and it just looks so freakin gorgeous. Can anyone give me a good reason why I shouldn't buy this? I know it's a platformer/puzzle game, and I do enjoy these types of games.

[quote name='RCS0926']Just watched a trailer for Trine 2, and it just looks so freakin gorgeous. Can anyone give me a good reason why I shouldn't buy this? I know it's a platformer/puzzle game, and I do enjoy these types of games.[/QUOTE]

I loved it on ps3 go for it!

What else is live?

[quote name='RCS0926']Just watched a trailer for Trine 2, and it just looks so freakin gorgeous. Can anyone give me a good reason why I shouldn't buy this? I know it's a platformer/puzzle game, and I do enjoy these types of games.[/QUOTE]
Well, if you have a PC that can run games, it's been $3.74 there more than once. Also, at least IMO, it plays a lot better with mouse + keyboard.

In Australia LEGO Batman is showing for $29 and LEGO Pirates is showing $19.
Would this be a mistake and prices have not come down yet or are these the prices that Microsoft have set for Australia? (We have the other LEGO games for $9.99 just like America.)
If this is the right price that sucks.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I wish you could gift games to people. Would be sending Fez to like 5 people. That game is an outrageous deal at 400.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could gift you.

[quote name='RCS0926']How's Trine 2? I enjoyed the original demo on the PS3 but never bought it. However, that 400 point price tag looks awfully tempting...[/QUOTE]

It's awesome. I bought it day 1 for full price.

Got Sonic Adventure 2, will be getting Fez as well. Possibly Trine 2. And i still need to buy Jet Set Radio. I'm debating Serious Sam 3 and Sonic 2, but there's still plenty of time for it. Then just have to wait for Dust, Deadlight, and The Walking Dead.

Lego Harry Potter is 640 MSP on the Australian store. Indy 2 and Batman cannot be bought (only shows a demo available) and the rest cost wayyyyyyy more that 800MSP.

Already picked up Fez. Will download the demos for both Mark of the Ninja and Hell Yeah, but I'll most likely pick them up. I might wait and see what kind of discounts they get during the Steam sale, but I'd probably rather have them on 360 anyway.

[quote name='Tsel']Already picked up Fez. Will download the demos for both Mark of the Ninja and Hell Yeah, but I'll most likely pick them up. I might wait and see what kind of discounts they get during the Steam sale, but I'd probably rather have them on 360 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Hell Yeah was $3.74 during the Big Picture introduction sale on Steam, for what it's worth.

Now why did Trine 2 have to be 400pts? That's going to mess up my big plans for this sale.

Buying Fez, contemplating/resisting Mark of the Ninja and Trine 2.

I recommend every game on sale at the moment, except Sonic Adventures 2 (don't know anything about it). Hell Yeah is an awesome game, even if the gameplay is a little generic. Trine 2 is really good, but very similar to Trine 1. Fez is alright at 400 MSP, I paid full price and was a little disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back