XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, odd problem with Midnight Club: LA that I don't know if anyone else has, but when you go to pay with points it comes up as 1080 points as opposed to 800 points for purchase.

[quote name='bshirk']Does anyone know if Fez is still coming to PC? Haven't heard anything in awhile.[/QUOTE]

Without getting specific as to exactly why (it would contain spoilers), they would need to rework parts of the game to put it out on PC. There is some console specific stuff in the game.

Add in the fact that there hasn't been a peep since they rumored going to PC and the main programmer has left , I would be surprised if it comes to PC any time soon.

That's just a guess from reading between the lines though.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Without getting specific as to exactly why (it would contain spoilers), they would need to rework parts of the game to put it out on PC. There is some console specific stuff in the game.

Add in the fact that there hasn't been a peep since they rumored going to PC and the main programmer has left , I would be surprised if it comes to PC any time soon.

That's just a guess from reading between the lines though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, hadn't heard about the main programmer leaving. Guess it's unlikely, at this point.

[quote name='bshirk']Thanks, hadn't heard about the main programmer leaving. Guess it's unlikely, at this point.[/QUOTE]

And if you've seen Indie Game The Movie, it appears to have basically been a 2 man project with him and Phil Fish. Just seems unlikely from an outsider's perspective. Also Phil Fish has said he's working on two new games. If one guy left and one is working on other games... it's hard to see who would be leading the charge on a port to a new platform that would require changing parts of the game as well.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I do love the comparison of Fez to Streets of Rage though. That is kind of epic.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a comparison of game style. Just that both are old and washed up games that are not fun to play now a days. I know what each game is and know they aren't the same thing. Go troll somewhere else and enjoy your gamestop bunny game.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']It wasn't a comparison of game style. Just that both are old and washed up games that are not fun to play now a days. I know what each game is and know they aren't the same thing. Go troll somewhere else and enjoy your gamestop bunny game.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Picked up Fez and Bully. I'll probably get Sonic Adventure 2, even though I haven't even started the first... my backlog is going to collapse and kill me one day.

[quote name='Dthib87'](snip)[/QUOTE]
Also, this is hilarious. Thank you!

[quote name='Dthib87']
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
[/QUOTE]

Im not even going to waste my time reading that but geez your hurt over the fact that I don't like Fez and classic games? Grow up a little and chill. I didnt call you anything haha.

On a second thought after seeing all the F-bombs being thrown I decided to read it. That was extremely hilarious. Ive never had beer come out my nose before! Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stellar Inertia']It wasn't a comparison of game style. Just that both are old and washed up games that are not fun to play now a days. I know what each game is and know they aren't the same thing. Go troll somewhere else and enjoy your gamestop bunny game.[/QUOTE]

Whether they're fun or not is an opinion. What does a "old and washed up game" even mean? You must be joking when you say that it isn't fun to play nowadays. What does time do to a game? Nothing. Sorry if you don't like it, but Sonic is still around. Mario? Aren't those old?

[quote name='Dthib87']
[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Where is that from?

Fez didn't do anything for me etiher, and I typically do enjoy retro games (ie. Spelunky was one of my favorite games of the year). It has nothing to do with the graphics either, I just didn't find anything interesting or redeeming about the gameplay. One of these days I'll give it another shot, but for now it remains as one of the most overrated titles in recent memory IMO. Of course, 400 points isn't much of a gamble to find out for yourself.

On the other hand, Mark of the Ninja is fantastic and everyone should pick it up at that price.

[quote name='Dthib87']
[/QUOTE]

What movie is this from? It looks like it'd be funnier if you see it was written by a neckbeard or a very slender myopic guy.

[quote name='Dthib87']The lego games went back to full price about an hour or two ago.[/QUOTE]

The only one that reverted to full price was Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. I'm still seeing Pirates and Clone Wars listed at $9.99

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Am i missing something about Fez? Game looks really boring and something that was released on the game boy color a decade ago...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shinn']yeah everyone on here is going on about fez, i took a look at it and laughed out loud, what a crap looking game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Its not just the graphics the trial was boring as hell and I prefer games with more than a couple buttons being used. To me no classic games age well. As much as I would like to play Streets of Rage, Sonic classics, Fez, among others.....its just not happening since they are boring as hell and have no skill involved just luck.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shinn']i couldnt have worded it better myself. the game fez reminds me too much of ice climber with a 3d plain. thats it.[/QUOTE]

I don't particularly care for Fez, but you guys are way off base about what Fez actually is. Stellar is obviously just trolling so please just ignore him guys. Shinn, Fez is a puzzle game the that uses the 2D/3D elements amongst other things in the puzzles. It's perfectly fine that you're not interested in it, but it's probably better to know what the game is about before you decide it's not for you.

[quote name='Bosamba']What movie is this from? It looks like it'd be funnier if you see it was written by a neckbeard or a very slender myopic guy.[/QUOTE]

It's from a movie? I remember reading it on YT and cracking up. Everyone pointed out the "gorilla warfare" mistake and all that stuff. Ahhh...

[quote name='tylerh1701']The only one that reverted to full price was Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. I'm still seeing Pirates and Clone Wars listed at $9.99[/QUOTE]

ah. I just saw TCS expired on xbldb and assumed they all had.

[quote name='Dthib87']
[/QUOTE]

LOL @ gorilla warfare.

[quote name='Dthib87']ah. I just saw TCS expired on xbldb and assumed they all had.[/QUOTE]

holy shit!!!!!! its still 1200 points on my dashboard! omg im gonna buy it for my nieces xbox so i gotta unplug my xbox and connect hers i hope its like that on her dashboard aswell :(

[quote name='Dthib87']i kind of pity you if graphics make or break a game for you. you must miss out on a lot of good titles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cthomer5000']This kind of statement assures me that this game would completely lost on you anyway.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']The only one that reverted to full price was Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. I'm still seeing Pirates and Clone Wars listed at $9.99

I don't particularly care for Fez, but you guys are way off base about what Fez actually is. Stellar is obviously just trolling so please just ignore him guys. Shinn, Fez is a puzzle game the that uses the 2D/3D elements amongst other things in the puzzles. It's perfectly fine that you're not interested in it, but it's probably better to know what the game is about before you decide it's not for you.[/QUOTE]

You're like a wise wizard. Nicely put man.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']As much as I would like to play Streets of Rage, Sonic classics, Fez, among others.....its just not happening since they are boring as hell and have no skill involved just luck.[/QUOTE]

You cannot seriously be saying that all games from that era "have no skill involved, just luck." LOL. Troll or not, goodbye credibility. :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Stellar is obviously just trolling so please just ignore him guys.[/QUOTE]

Says the bloke whose nearly every post in the other thread about this sale was a smartassed, unhelpful response... :p But don't worry, I might find it ever so slightly endearing.

Yea Im not "trolling" I just dont enjoy games that have very little to them. Do i care if other people play them? Go ahead. Do I like them? Never will. Everyone has their opinions.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Says the bloke whose nearly every post in the other thread about this sale was a smartassed, unhelpful response... :p But don't worry, I might find it ever so slightly endearing.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I only count 2 kind-of snarky ones, out of 11.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']You're like a wise wizard. Nicely put man.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

The reason I actually came to this thread (which I completely forgot about) was to mention the demos I tried tonight and ask a couple questions. Specifically, I wasn't overly impressed with Frogger or RAW. I see that Frogger has many modes, but only one is unlocked in the trial. Are any of the other modes any better?

As for RAW, I found the trial to be a tad difficult. Can anyone speak to the difficulty of the game? Or is it just that I suck at dungeon crawlers?

In for Fez, Trine 2, & Mark of the Ninja! Feels good to finally use my points from Target's BF deal. Hopefully Dust will be half off :D

I think those of you who don't like Fez may be missing the point. You can certainly judge it as something not worth your time, but take care in how you make that judgement. I'd hazard a guess that you first seek and prioritize complexity and innovation in your gameplay, as most do naturally. Fez is made for gamers who are looking for an altogether different sort of game--something simple but pure in its existence and experience.

For example, a Christopher Nolan or J. J. Abrams movie is something great that I can recommend to everybody because it represents the best of all aspects of filmmaking and entertainment, but I'd take care in whom I recommend a Wim Wenders or Terence Malick film. The latter directors make great films but they're not for everyone. And that's the thing: great art doesn't have to be for everyone. This sort of distinction is something that's largely lacking in the gaming community; we're still tied to the idea that a game's worth is based solely on whether we like it or not and whether we think everyone else will like it, too. Yes, games should be fun, but we should also try to think about games as more than entertainment and examine them using the same methodology we apply to other media (e.g. critical theory and art movements).

Anyway, I think I've defended and spoken more about Fez than I've ever intended to. :lol:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']So what the hell is the Scratch and Match prize this week? Not that I'll ever win it, already have seen the loser prizes many times lol.[/QUOTE]
What is a scratch and match? Is it some event on Xbox's website?

You have no idea what FEZ is.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Its not just the graphics the trial was boring as hell and I prefer games with more than a couple buttons being used. To me no classic games age well. As much as I would like to play Streets of Rage, Sonic classics, Fez, among others.....its just not happening since they are boring as hell and have no skill involved just luck.[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a baddie! I wasn't going to comment but when you said no classic game ages well and involves no skill I had too. Are you saying that you can beat all the sonic's without using save states will little to no effort? are you saying that classic games such as Street Fighter 2 take no skill and are not still played at tournaments? Also, how dare you insult Streets of Rage. I understand you are subjected to your own opinion, but think before you bash classic games. Their is a reason they are called "classics".

In other news, I have picked up Sonic Ep2, Joe Danger 2, and Mark of the ninja. Currently thinking about buying some more points for Trine 2, Jet Set, and Deadlight.... Great deals so far.

All the lego games (with the exception of complete star wars) are still showing up on sale for me. I'm still trying to decide if I should buy indiana 2 (thought one was kinda tedious compared to the star wars), pirates and batman...

Fez is tempting for $5, but Fish sounds like a dick. Wish it was 75% off -- especially since it was never fixed.

[quote name='bshirk']Fez is tempting for $5, but Fish sounds like a dick. Wish it was 75% off -- especially since it was never fixed.[/QUOTE]

it was fixed. that problem only effected existing saves, not new games. it was covered in this thread in a lot of detail a few weeks back if you want to look for it.

Off Topic: So we're judging creative works by the artists' behavior now? I'm not getting rid of my Appetite for Destruction CD just because Axl is and always was a pompous ass, just like I'll never stop enjoying Chinatown or Rosemary's Baby. I do not condone what they say or do, but unless (as someone mentioned before) Phil Fish appears in a cutscene in the game spouting off his rhetoric, let's just judge Fez on its own merits.

[quote name='bshirk']Does anyone recommend Joe Danger 2?[/QUOTE]

I got the game from Raptr a couple months back and I didnt enjoy the game very much.My little Brother on the other hand absolutely enjoys the game.So I guess its really up to if you like that style of game.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I got the game from Raptr a couple months back and I didnt enjoy the game very much.My little Brother on the other hand absolutely enjoys the game.So I guess its really up to if you like that style of game.[/QUOTE]

I liked the first one despite the frustrating end and annoying music, so I'm considering it.

[quote name='cthomer5000']it was fixed. that problem only effected existing saves, not new games. it was covered in this thread in a lot of detail a few weeks back if you want to look for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that makes the purchasing decision easier.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I see that Frogger has many modes, but only one is unlocked in the trial. Are any of the other modes any better?
[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say better. some of them are just challenges. some of them are like, a sort of 'paint the board' type things, they might add a little spice to multiplayer but in single player i wouldn't say they add too much.

also load times are really bad and freezes/glitches run rampant, it's the only arcade game i'm genuinely pissed they never patched (since my fez game has seemingly gone unscrewed up lol). can i recommend it any less? the art style and aesthetics are really cool. which is how i got suckered into buying it lol but if i could swap it for the barebones arcade port on xbla i would in a second, the load times are just stupid for a 'pickup for 5 minutes then do something else' game like this and it just freezes/glitches too darn much. but i'm a sucker for art/aesthetics so i bought day 1 before message board topics about glitches and freezes were at my disposal.

hell yeah, finally picked up hell yeah. looked great from day 1 but just seemed like a 'wait till xmas you'll get it half off' game. i'm glad the dlc isn't half off, it looks pointless. what a great sega/arkedo release, only touched it so far but it already seems much better than outland (this feels like outland meets hard corps in a good way).

I'm trying NOT to cave on Trine 2, simply because idk how much i would play it.

Gonna decide on serious sam 3 monday i guess.

I still want Deadlight, Dust, Walking Dead, and maybe Trials evo... good thing i won that extra 1600 points or i'd be completely screwed.

[quote name='Bosamba']Off Topic: So we're judging creative works by the artists' behavior now? I'm not getting rid of my Appetite for Destruction CD just because Axl is and always was a pompous ass, just like I'll never stop enjoying Chinatown or Rosemary's Baby. I do not condone what they say or do, but unless (as someone mentioned before) Phil Fish appears in a cutscene in the game spouting off his rhetoric, let's just judge Fez on its own merits.[/QUOTE]

You don't really get to tell anyone how to look at what they purchase. A small game like this where the chief person behind it is a smartass internet troll is different then major games, films or music to some of us.

Let us view it how we want, it's not hurting you.

On the fence about Mark of the Ninja. I know it's gotten tons of praise, but so did Shank and I didn't much enjoy what I played of that (which, admittedly, was just the trial).

Doesn't Trine 2 have a bunch of DLC to purchase? It's why I'm hesitant to buy it, when the Wii U is supposed to have all that included, plus a bunch of enhanced new stuff.

[quote name='biledriver']You don't really get to tell anyone how to look at what they purchase. A small game like this where the chief person behind it is a smartass internet troll is different then major games, films or music to some of us.

Let us view it how we want, it's not hurting you.[/QUOTE]

Also, it's different from judging a work. Saying I refuse to buy something because I don't like the developer or that his words echoing as I play the game by mere association might deter me from purchasing is not the same as, say, deducting points off its score. Games aren't bought just because they're 'good;' they're bought because they maximize pleasure, whether that's more a function of how many hours you get out of a game, how enjoyable those hours are, and how much you pay for it, or even whether you like the developer or not are ultimately up to the person (potentially) buying it.

With that said, his personality doesn't diminish my pleasure from this game enough to avoid its purchase. But, obviously, that's just me.

Maybe to lure in the younger generation they can do to Fez what they did to Cave Story on the 3DS. Cave Story 3D is an incredible visual upgrade, and could see it working for Fez as well. Though I grew up on a NES so Fez and Cave Story are perfect the way they are to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back