XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dustinator']Wow. I can't believe those two morons posted shocktober sales from 2011 and mislead quite a few people. Get your facts straight sheesh. As Tyler said, they are last years sales!![/QUOTE]

I'm one to talk, but... don't get too grumpy, it was probably just an honest mistake and it's over goofy Xbox Live deals, which at the end of the day we can easily live without.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'm one to talk, but... don't get too grumpy, it was probably just an honest mistake and it's over goofy Xbox Live deals, which at the end of the day we can easily live without.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I'm not mad or grumpy. I just LOL-ed when I read those two posts since I know what's going on and those links were 2011 deals. Us regulars know what's up, but then a few newer people were getting excited cause they got "confirmation" those items would be on sale Tuesday.

My funny bone was tickled on those posts lol

[quote name='Dustinator']Nah, I'm not mad or grumpy. I just LOL-ed when I read those two posts since I know what's going on and those links were 2011 deals. Us regulars know what's up, but then a few newer people were getting excited cause they got "confirmation" those items would be on sale Tuesday.

My funny bone was tickled on those posts lol[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have been around longer then you but that is an argument that is better suited for the GameFAQs crowd. It was an honest mistake and you seem to be the only one who got worked up over it. Atleast with last years deals being relinked to it can give people an idea of what to expect.

[quote name='LordVila']Actually, I have been around longer then you but that is an argument that is better suited for the GameFAQs crowd. It was an honest mistake and you seem to be the only one who got worked up over it. Atleast with last years deals being relinked to it can give people an idea of what to expect.[/QUOTE]

How much was Resident Evil 4 on sale for? What Left 4 Dead items were on sale since the GoD version just came out in August? Some of the games listed came out aug-sept 2011.

[quote name='w00dm4n']How much was Resident Evil 4 on sale for? What Left 4 Dead items were on sale since the GoD version just came out in August? Some of the games listed came out aug-sept 2011.[/QUOTE]

Not all of the items were on sale, some were just featured.

Yeah, the only things that were on sale for last years Shocktober was Castlevania HOD, Zombie Apocalypse, Metro 2033, Castlevania SOTN, Costume Quest, and Alan Wake.

[quote name='xbox_man']does the saints row 3 season pass cover all the dlc or just what is listed under the season pass info[/QUOTE]
SR3 season pass includes all the dlc that adds missions. Trouble with the clones, gangstas in space, and genkibowl. Also some stupid pack with a couple outfits and motorcycles.

I'm torn between hoping for great shocktober sales and wanting terrible deals so I have an excuse to buy Guilty Gear day one.

[quote name='thenutman69321']SR3 season pass includes all the dlc that adds missions. Trouble with the clones, gangstas in space, and genkibowl. Also some stupid pack with a couple outfits and motorcycles.[/QUOTE]

i have the season pass, so all the dlc that is not included in it is just outfits?
can they be unlocked in game?

[quote name='xbox_man']i have the season pass, so all the dlc that is not included in it is just outfits?
can they be unlocked in game?[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying that all the DLC is included in the season pass, including all the outfits.

[quote name='Bosamba']I think he's saying that all the DLC is included in the season pass, including all the outfits.[/QUOTE]

ok

hey guys i bought the batman AC on GoD and it offers you the catwoman dlc for free , its a steal at this price with the dlc, plus its the first GoD ive bought, im so happy with this game, there is no lag running off the Hard drive, its a really sweet deal.

The extra pack included in the SR3 Season Pass that thenutman was talking about was the Nyte Blayde one. All the others come separate or you can buy some in "Packaged" deals...kinda disappointed when I found out Season Pass didn't include the Penthouse Pack :( But the items not included are mostly outfits, homies and weapons that I'm pretty certain you can't unlock them in game.

And remember, last word was that the Full Package set comes out next month (Nov 6 & 9)- With every pack in it.

I wonder if the Bioshock games will be 9.99 tomorrow. I actually never finished either and wouldn't mind getting them and beating them before infinite comes out.

Bioshock is listed with the eligible rewards but metro aint?

WTF?

Seriously though, been years since i played Bioshock, I would love to own it for 10 bucks. The GoD deals have been hella awesome...

[quote name='seanr1221']I wonder if the Bioshock games will be 9.99 tomorrow. I actually never finished either and wouldn't mind getting them and beating them before infinite comes out.[/QUOTE]
The PS3 version of Infinite should have the original Bioshock on the disc, if you're getting Infinte, you may want to wait.

[quote name='Jhuntley']The PS3 version of Infinite should have the original Bioshock on the disc, if you're getting Infinte, you may want to wait.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing. If you've never played Bioshock, no doubt pick it up and play it, one of the best games this console generation. But if you've played it and are just looking to re-buy it (and own a PS3, I guess) then it's definitely an awesome incentive to get Bioshock Infinite.

[quote name='Darquesyde']The extra pack included in the SR3 Season Pass that thenutman was talking about was the Nyte Blayde one. All the others come separate or you can buy some in "Packaged" deals[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Bioshock is listed with the eligible rewards but metro aint?

WTF?

Seriously though, been years since i played Bioshock, I would love to own it for 10 bucks. The GoD deals have been hella awesome...[/QUOTE]

that sucks.
but how can it not be included when it was in the shocktober sale last year

[quote name='Jhuntley']The PS3 version of Infinite should have the original Bioshock on the disc, if you're getting Infinte, you may want to wait.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a PS3 but thank you.

[quote name='LordVila']Actually, I have been around longer then you but that is an argument that is better suited for the GameFAQs crowd. It was an honest mistake and you seem to be the only one who got worked up over it. Atleast with last years deals being relinked to it can give people an idea of what to expect.[/QUOTE]
I don't understand people's logic when they say "I've been around longer than you," as if it gives them some sort of entitlement? My previous post was referring to those who were around this thread last year when the Shocktober deals took place. Those who were here and regularly participated in the conversation, might remember those deals. Those who do not, would see that list you posted and think those were this years deals. I just commented that it was funny to me. I did not have aneurysm(which you thought was funny to mention?) I'm just glad you updated your post to admit your mistake and to make a dig at me :roll: Don't get all butt hurt cause you made a mistake and can't take someone laughing at you. Life isn't fun if you can't laugh at yourself. Just look at my avatar character. How stupid is that??? If you really wanna laugh at me, look at my gamerscore

OT: I really hope Costume Quest goes on sale cause a co-worker wants it along with the Walking Dead episodes. Wishful thinking, but one can hope. More people need to play CQ in my opinion. It's a great game

EDIT: Also jealous that PS3 owners get the original Bioshock when they purchase Infinite. Is that a download copy like the RE6 Archives edition?

[quote name='Dustinator']
EDIT: Also jealous that PS3 owners get the original Bioshock when they purchase Infinite. Is that a download copy like the RE6 Archives edition?[/QUOTE]
Why be jealous? Have you not played the original?

[quote name='lordopus99']Why be jealous? Have you not played the original?[/QUOTE]

Did you read his post? Or posts? They are all nonsense. He has to be 14. I typically check this thread every Monday night for a glimpse of the upcoming sales, and I even post on occasion when I see the opportunity for an intelligent discussion, but generally this is where brain cells come to die.

[quote name='Crono-00']In my opinion it is not a fad, but just how the industry has developed and changed to the modern day markets. I am guessing it is just a convergence of technological capabilities, economics of game development/marketing, and platform/system control which defines some of the paid add-on content. While I am old and prefer the good old days when I just played the game to unlock costumes in older Dead or Alive games opposed to how Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 asks a fee for costumes. I feel a happy medium could be had in terms of pricing model, like that of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, where the base game can be had for a discount and it is optional for the superfluous to be purchased by fans. That happy medium, I find is determined by every consumer by what you're willing to pay for given the content. It is still the decision of the developer and/or publisher to determine the price for their product, or as videogames have adapted to almost a service, in what they feel is best for their interests (namely profit). Not all DLC is created equal, and as a consumer we can just simply choose. I would really prefer if the life of my games were extended at little to no extra cost, and there are a whole bunch of issues with DLC, but I hope one day we find that ideal place where it is just right.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your sentiments for the most part, but I do feel that the success of good DLC has prompted an onslaught of unnecessary, over-marketed media perpetuated by avaricious businessmen and the uneducated masses. I feel like there will never be a happy medium in which only good content will be distributed and cheap marketing tactics will not be employed due to the innate human characteristic of greed. People are saying, "Wow, it's relatively inexpensive to buy this addition to a game I enjoy," whereas companies are saying, "It'll cost nothing to make this essential feature require a subscription to use even though it's included on the disc. We'll get at least 10,000 purchases and greatly increase our earnings for this game."

It's coming down to oversaturation. Pointless DLC may very well be the path the industry has taken, and it may not be a fad, but we're already paying TWICE just to play online in most sports games. So for the sake of the industry, I hope it IS a fad, and I hope that gaming comes back to its roots before we start having to buy DLC to move left.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dustinator']I don't understand people's logic when they say "I've been around longer than you," as if it gives them some sort of entitlement? My previous post was referring to those who were around this thread last year when the Shocktober deals took place. Those who were here and regularly participated in the conversation, might remember those deals. Those who do not, would see that list you posted and think those were this years deals. I just commented that it was funny to me. I did not have aneurysm(which you thought was funny to mention?) I'm just glad you updated your post to admit your mistake and to make a dig at me :roll: Don't get all butt hurt cause you made a mistake and can't take someone laughing at you. Life isn't fun if you can't laugh at yourself. Just look at my avatar character. How stupid is that??? If you really wanna laugh at me, look at my gamerscore

OT: I really hope Costume Quest goes on sale cause a co-worker wants it along with the Walking Dead episodes. Wishful thinking, but one can hope. More people need to play CQ in my opinion. It's a great game

EDIT: Also jealous that PS3 owners get the original Bioshock when they purchase Infinite. Is that a download copy like the RE6 Archives edition?[/QUOTE]

Just quoting the Costume Quest part, but CQ was on sale last week for 50% off....it really is wishful thinking at this point for it to go on sale yet again. Although I just played the trial last night, and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up when it was on sale. Really fun game!

[quote name='Blade']Did you read his post? Or posts? They are all nonsense. He has to be 14. I typically check this thread every Monday night for a glimpse of the upcoming sales, and I even post on occasion when I see the opportunity for an intelligent discussion, but generally this is where brain cells come to die.[/QUOTE]

Insult other people while behaving like a arrogant child yourself. Good trolling 8/10

[quote name='Shinoto']RE4 finally.....

GIRL MAN CRY[/QUOTE]

Same! First Crysis, now RE4. Awesome. :applause:

Now how's about that sale/drop on Deathsmiles II and Code Veronica while you're at it.

[quote name='Dustinator']I don't understand people's logic when they say "I've been around longer than you," as if it gives them some sort of entitlement? My previous post was referring to those who were around this thread last year when the Shocktober deals took place. Those who were here and regularly participated in the conversation, might remember those deals. Those who do not, would see that list you posted and think those were this years deals. I just commented that it was funny to me. I did not have aneurysm(which you thought was funny to mention?) I'm just glad you updated your post to admit your mistake and to make a dig at me :roll: Don't get all butt hurt cause you made a mistake and can't take someone laughing at you. Life isn't fun if you can't laugh at yourself. Just look at my avatar character. How stupid is that??? If you really wanna laugh at me, look at my gamerscore

I've been thinking of getting Resident Evil 4.
But not sure if I should just play it on PS2 since I didn't give it much of a chance.

Where is Re4 confirmed as being on sale tomorrow? I thought it was concluded that a sale list provided was actually last years, when they weren't actually on sale.

[quote name='bajingo']Where is Re4 confirmed as being on sale tomorrow? I thought it was concluded that a sale list provided was actually last years, when they weren't actually on sale.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing lol. Re 4 cant go on sale it would be be aganist the microsoft gods that game can never go on sale.

[quote name='xbox_man']we know costume quest was on sale. but was it also on sale a week or 2 before also[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow would be 2 weeks ago when Costume Quest was for 600 MSP. Costume Quest was on sale along with A World of Keflings, and somehow I picked up A World of Keflings over CQ. Don't get me wrong but I believe CQ would of given me much more replay value.

[quote name='VideoGameCollector17']Tomorrow would be 2 weeks ago when Costume Quest was for 600 MSP. Costume Quest was on sale along with A World of Keflings, and somehow I picked up A World of Keflings over CQ. Don't get me wrong but I believe CQ would of given me much more replay value.[/QUOTE]

ok, for some reason i thought it was part of the thq sale. i think it was the shocktober sale page i had up from last year with that game on it that threw me off a bit.

I wish I Am Alive would go on sale already. It came out soon after Alan Wake: AN and it'd be a nice October kind of game to play.

[quote name='captpluto9465']I wish I Am Alive would go on sale already. [/QUOTE]

yes, same here and at 600 msp too like alan wake american nightmare was.

[quote name='Dustinator']EDIT: Also jealous that PS3 owners get the original Bioshock when they purchase Infinite. Is that a download copy like the RE6 Archives edition?[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, I'd guess that it will be on the Blu-Ray disc, like Dead Space Ignition w/ Dead Space 2 and Assassin's Creed 1 with Assassin's Creed Revelations. I'm sure they work out a special deal with Sony, but a lot of it has to do with the fact that the BluRay discs are so big that they can fit another full game file on there with little problem.

[quote name='biledriver']Insult other people while behaving like a arrogant child yourself. Good trolling 8/10[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='bajingo']Where is Re4 confirmed as being on sale tomorrow? I thought it was concluded that a sale list provided was actually last years, when they weren't actually on sale.[/QUOTE]

It's not confirmed. I have no idea how people are still coming across that sale list that was posted a few pages back. I guess they are just skimming through posts and clearly they're not reading a lot of them.

[quote name='captpluto9465']I wish I Am Alive would go on sale already. It came out soon after Alan Wake: AN and it'd be a nice October kind of game to play.[/QUOTE]

I could see I Am Alive being a good Shocktober sale game tomorrow. Moreso, I'm hoping for Scarygirl.

[quote name='tylerh1701']...I could see I Am Alive being a good Shocktober sale game tomorrow...[/QUOTE]
I too think that this would be a good candidate, I've been waiting for it.

RE: Costume Quest
Since a lot of people have been posting about it recently I thought I should add comments about the game. After getting CQ and the DLC a while back when it was on sale I finally played through it this weekend in the spirit of the season and all. Really enjoyed it; if you're a fan of turn based RPGs chock full of charm, you will too.

I wanted to post about a game stopping bug though. There was an update to the game a log time back that caused a problem and I hadn't heard of it. If you perform the update before starting the game you will not have any issue. If you begin the game without downloading the update for whatever reason and then download it you can run into a bug 65-75% into the game that will not allow you to proceed any further. You must start the game again as there is no patch or fix.

I had this happen because my internet was down when I started the game. If you are looking for more info just google Costume Quest French Fry Bug or something like it and you can get the lowdown. Again, if you simply download the update before starting the game there is no issue. I apologize if this is common knowledge, I'm just trying to steer others away from sharing my temporary misfortune. I really did like the game!:)

What's up with the lack of Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC discounts? I missed the one a few weeks earlier and was hoping to get the achievements before the upcoming release of Assassin's Creed III.

[quote name='chuckie88']I too think that this would be a good candidate, I've been waiting for it.

RE: Costume Quest
Since a lot of people have been posting about it recently I thought I should add comments about the game. After getting CQ and the DLC a while back when it was on sale I finally played through it this weekend in the spirit of the season and all. Really enjoyed it; if you're a fan of turn based RPGs chock full of charm, you will too.

I wanted to post about a game stopping bug though. There was an update to the game a log time back that caused a problem and I hadn't heard of it. If you perform the update before starting the game you will not have any issue. If you begin the game without downloading the update for whatever reason and then download it you can run into a bug 65-75% into the game that will not allow you to proceed any further. You must start the game again as there is no patch or fix.

I had this happen because my internet was down when I started the game. If you are looking for more info just google Costume Quest French Fry Bug or something like it and you can get the lowdown. Again, if you simply download the update before starting the game there is no issue. I apologize if this is common knowledge, I'm just trying to steer others away from sharing my temporary misfortune. I really did like the game!:)[/QUOTE]

good to know. I skipped this game twice already even with the 600 price...never again!

also RE4...

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']So who's excited for Artorias of the Abyss today, and Guilty Gear Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

*Raises hand and jumps up and down*

BTW, who is the cheapest, easiest character to play for free wins against beginners? I never really played GG much in the past but wanna be decent at it.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']*Raises hand and jumps up and down*

BTW, who is the cheapest, easiest character to play for free wins against beginners? I never really played GG much in the past but wanna be decent at it.[/QUOTE]

Sol Badguy lol

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']*Raises hand and jumps up and down*

BTW, who is the cheapest, easiest character to play for free wins against beginners? I never really played GG much in the past but wanna be decent at it.[/QUOTE]

Depends on what your definition of "easy" is.

Potemkin is the game's grappler character, which automatically means he's going to dominate at a lower level of play. None of his command grabs are 360's/720's, which means you don't have to buffer anything with another move/jump, they all do pretty good damage, and some even have combo potential afterward.

Ky is the game's "shoto" character. He has a fireball, a DP, a tatsu-like overhead, and a sliding low. He can get simple combos off of pretty much anything (including his DP), and on knockdown, you can do easily do jD to set up oki.

May does tons of damage with fairly easy BnBs, and she has fucking DOLPHINS you can ride around the screen on. Think Jin's Ice Car from Blazblue, except with dolphins. Yeah, awesome.

Jam is high tier with ridiculous combo potential and has tons of options with meter/her stocks.

Baiken has on-block moves activated by 412 + Button that can render tons of blockstrings/pressure useless.

And Kliff/Justice probably shouldn't be allowed online until the +R patch because they were never balanced for tourney play, but they'll probably be available anyway.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about anything. I'm still learning the game myself, haha.

EDIT: [quote name='hexa']Sol Badguy lol[/QUOTE]

Sol's pretty easy too, but Sidewinder loops are haaaaaaaaaaaaaaard. #badatfightinggames

Good shit, thanks!!!

I main T-hawk in SF4 (went through hell competing with him, but it made me stronger) so Potekim will likely be my main for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back