XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='VersionJ']When you folks get to a game in your backlog, do you try to 100% the achievements or just try to beat the main storyline?[/QUOTE]

Bottom line, if the side quest/mission/whatever is not fun, then I don't do it. I will never collect 100 of something, for example. In AC I never collected the 100 feathers, but I will do all the assassination side missions and The Truth side quest, for example.

Anyone recommend the arkham city bundle. I loved arkham city bought it at launch. Not big into challenge maps but very tempted by two new characters. What are your thoughts?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']All of the free videos that I've gotten from the Zune store show up in the new store, so are you sure that your videos are gone?[/QUOTE]

I had roughly 20-30 episodes of shows, and 1 movie I purchased, not to mention a lot of free episodes. I now have one free episode of the US Inbetweeners showing up. How would I not be sure? I go to Xbox Video, it shows me having 1 show. I got to purchase history it redirects me to that same area which stills shows me having 1 episode.

Because you didn't seem all that sure in your original comment. Everything I've grabbed is still there for me, so it's not a widespread thing. Contact Microsoft to get it fixed.

[quote name='Blade3D']Ok, I am not sure if anyone else has checked but here it is. I just realized that with the switch to Xbox Video, all the purchases I made in the Zune marketplace are now gone. I also did not keep the videos on my HD cause it was too full. So anyone else having this problem? Or know if I still "own" the videos?[/QUOTE]
If you purchased, you'll still have them ... check this article to see if they show up in the Zune client:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/zune/...ased-content#de9fc485814f4afea3595ec8591189c8

Otherwise I'd delete the Xbox Video / Xbox Music apps, and redownload them again in case you have a bad/beta/corrupt app. At the same time, before you launch again, go to your System's Storage screen, and delete any "Zune Marketplace" data you have, including bookmarks, purchase history, or any other config/progress files. Provided you're the currently-logged-in gamertag that actually bought the content (rather than someone who bought the content on the same 360), it should eventually show up.

Other than that, I'd say try to avoid checking late at night, like between midnight - 4am Pacific time, since that's when the Xbox Ops Center does most of their maintenance.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Anyone recommend the arkham city bundle. I loved arkham city bought it at launch. Not big into challenge maps but very tempted by two new characters. What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing you got the "Catwoman" DLC if you bought the game new. If that's the case, for $20, you'll get the "Arkham Bundle" (800pts) plus hold out for "Harley Quinn's Revenge" (800pts) when it goes on sale. If you don't need the H.Q.R. DLC immediately, then $10 is a small amount to get the extra playable characters & skins ... and once you all the characters, then $1.50 more (120pts) is peanuts for 3 more challenge maps playable by all 4 characters.

Otherwise, the decision is a little more difficult. Yes, you should get Catwoman plus the other DLC packs, but even then, H.Q.R. is still another $10, so there's $26.50+ in DLC you've yet to buy (and more expensive after Tuesday), not to mention that's 500mb for the characters, plus another 1gb for Harley ... when you could get $14+ from Best Buy this week as a trade-in for your vanilla copy (and $1.40 more for "GZ unlocked"), and break out ahead if you were to buy a used copy of the GOTY for $38 (or less) ... since all of the DLC is on-disc & DRM-less.

BTW, I just got done trying to explain this logic on the OP, since some people may think $20 is a GREAT PRICE for the Batman:AC GoD version @ $19.99. Also re-added the Mystery Wheel items back to the S&S+ app section, since they extended the crappy selection to Tuesday, Oct. 23rd.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Anyone recommend the arkham city bundle. I loved arkham city bought it at launch. Not big into challenge maps but very tempted by two new characters. What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

If you like to replay the same challenge rooms with different character skins - go for it. I have it, but can't force myself doing these after finished all Catwoman/Batman challenges/campaigns...

Thanks for the advice i have catwoman bought the game new at launch. I never even did the challenge maps with catwoman or batman lol. Really want harkey quinn dlc but they didnt put that on sale. I have thought about grabbing the goty one when it drops low enough. Still not sure if i want robin and nightwing. Thank you for responding

[quote name='Cornelius']If you purchased, you'll still have them ... check this article to see if they show up in the Zune client:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/zune/...ased-content#de9fc485814f4afea3595ec8591189c8

Otherwise I'd delete the Xbox Video / Xbox Music apps, and redownload them again in case you have a bad/beta/corrupt app. At the same time, before you launch again, go to your System's Storage screen, and delete any "Zune Marketplace" data you have, including bookmarks, purchase history, or any other config/progress files. Provided you're the currently-logged-in gamertag that actually bought the content (rather than someone who bought the content on the same 360), it should eventually show up.

Other than that, I'd say try to avoid checking late at night, like between midnight - 4am Pacific time, since that's when the Xbox Ops Center does most of their maintenance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. That didn't seem to fix it. I searched Mortal Kombat (I got from Komplete Edition) it showed I owned it, and I started playing it then stopped it after it loaded up. I went back to check my purchases, and mysteriously everything had returned.

I would love to play metro 2033 but at this moment I haven't enough points so if any CAG partner have 100 MSP to spare and would like to help me I would really appreciate it and I will pay you 200 MSP starting from next week.

[quote name='Sath666']If you like to replay the same challenge rooms with different character skins - go for it. I have it, but can't force myself doing these after finished all Catwoman/Batman challenges/campaigns...[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I've won the DLC from SteamGifts (for PC) and it's all the same. It's not worth even a quarter of the price they normally charge for it.

I can't really justify buying DLC unless I know for sure it adds a considerable amount of gameplay. Most DLC is just superfluous texture packs that rake in more unwarranted money for the publisher. There was a time when games were released complete and as close to the planned vision as possible. Now we're expected to buy incomplete games and pay extra for more cars, alternate skins, or more questions. From You Don't Know Jack, Forza 3, and all the Capcom games that require additional purchases to unlock content already on the disc, to Final Fantasy: My Life as a King/Dark Lord and Pokemon Rumble on Wii, to Dungeon Defenders and Magicka on PC, it's an epidemic spanning all gaming platforms. There's a great little indie game called DLC Quest that satirizes this whole ridiculous concept, and the ironic part is that the entire game is cheaper than most DLC.

I wish people didn't buy into it so freely and this fad would die out. =\

[quote name='mikeja72']Great site, thanks for this. Saw Hydro Thunder was on sale again and was debating between buying it or just putting those points towards Skulls of the Shogun[/QUOTE]

I got hydro thunder and I love it. I only tried multiplayer once but it was like 2am and only a few people joined in so I'm not sure about it.

[quote name='Dthib87']I got hydro thunder and I love it. I only tried multiplayer once but it was like 2am and only a few people joined in so I'm not sure about it.[/QUOTE]

Tried the demo and liked it, the sales in the sales app change at the end of day Monday right?

It is with great trepidation I download the Naughty Bear sequel demo. There hasn't been a game that has defied my every attempt to like it as hard as Naughty Bear. The first a game full of great ideas that are freakishly difficult to execute and the developers just did not have the skill to cultivate them to bear fruit.

[quote name='mikeja72']Tried the demo and liked it, the sales in the sales app change at the end of day Monday right?[/QUOTE]

I believe early tuesday morning. I could be incorrect though.

[quote name='RollingSkull']It is with great trepidation I download the Naughty Bear sequel demo. There hasn't been a game that has defied my every attempt to like it as hard as Naughty Bear. The first a game full of great ideas that are freakishly difficult to execute and the developers just did not have the skill to cultivate them to bear fruit.[/QUOTE]

The naughty bear devs couldn't "bear" fruit? Was this intentional or unintentional :)

i have a skyrim beanie worth 240 points if someone wants to trade me something for it , i cant find the xbox code trade forum sorry

[quote name='mikeja72']The naughty bear devs couldn't "bear" fruit? Was this intentional or unintentional :)[/QUOTE]
I'm sure he forgot to include "no pun intended"

[quote name='shinn']i have a skyrim beanie worth 240 points if someone wants to trade me something for it , i cant find the xbox code trade forum sorry[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=281607

Bloody Good Time was a great game imo. For 400 msp, I think it's worth it...don't think people still play it though

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']isn't that essentially the same list from last year ?[/QUOTE]

Yep these lists are from last year and only few games from these were on sale.

Does anyone know what time they update the marketplace with the new DotW? I want to snatch up a few thing from the THQ sale but can't get points til tomorrow.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']Does anyone know what time they update the marketplace with the new DotW? I want to snatch up a few thing from the THQ sale but can't get points til tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

3 to 4 am central time usually. last week it was delayed until the following evening. The previous DotW usually doesn't go away until mid morning.

Any opinions on Nexiuz, Apples to Apple, and Voltron? I've bought a bunch of the stuff from this sale but I know nothing of these. The kids are using the TV and I can't play the demos.

Here's what i'm considering for Shocktober:
Dishwasher
Dishwasher Vs.
Bloodrayne
Costume Quest
Adventures of Shuggy

I've played the demo for Castlevania HD and i want to like it... i just can't. Does the full game get better? And is there Local co-op? Any reccomendations on any of these would be great.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']Here's what i'm considering for Shocktober:
Dishwasher
Dishwasher Vs.
Bloodrayne
Costume Quest
Adventures of Shuggy

I've played the demo for Castlevania HD and i want to like it... i just can't. Does the full game get better? And is there Local co-op? Any reccomendations on any of these would be great.[/QUOTE]

I had a lot of fun with costume quest. It doesn't outstay it's welcome but gets close to it. If you don't like turn based RPG's then don't get it. It's got the old JRPG style battles. I don't know anything about the rest other than reading a long time ago that Bloodrayne sucks though I can't confirm that since I've never played it.

[quote name='Blaster man']Any opinions on Nexiuz, Apples to Apple, and Voltron? I've bought a bunch of the stuff from this sale but I know nothing of these. The kids are using the TV and I can't play the demos.[/QUOTE]

Voltron out of all 3 mainly because you can unlock a pretty awesome avatar outfit

The other 2, you're pretty much buying them for the sake that they're only 200 msp

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRandom']Voltron out of all 3 mainly because you can unlock a pretty awesome avatar outfit[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I saw that those were all super cheap so I was tempted to get them all but the fact that I know NOTHING of them kind of dissuades me.

Guys, I'm 99.9% sure those games won't be on sale (well, some of them might, but not because they're on that list). Someone posted that link earlier this week too, that is last years sales, they had 2 weeks of Shocktober "sales", but even then only a couple of those games actually went down in price. The rest were just amassed and advertised because they fit the Shocktober theme.

Like Frisky said, those links say "week 1" and "week 2" which doesn't even make sense as this year's Shocktober sale will only last 1 week, and there's only one more week til Halloween.

For some reason they haven't taken that Shocktober page down from last year. So don't get your hopes up for those games going on sale.

[quote name='Dthib87']3 to 4 am central time usually. last week it was delayed until the following evening. The previous DotW usually doesn't go away until mid morning.[/QUOTE]

Allow me to clarify that that's Tuesday morning, not tomorrow. The previous DOTW will usually be unavailable around noon Central time.

[quote name='Blaster man']I don't know anything about the rest other than reading a long time ago that Bloodrayne sucks though I can't confirm that since I've never played it.[/QUOTE]

Bloodrayne Betrayal is pretty fun, but hard as hell. The older Bloodrayne games, however...

[quote name='iRandom']Voltron out of all 3 mainly because you can unlock a pretty awesome avatar outfit[/QUOTE]
I thought you could only unlock a t-shirt, and had to buy the (unbelievably awesome) outfit for 320 msp.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Guys, I'm 99.9% sure those games won't be on sale (well, some of them might, but not because they're on that list). Someone posted that link earlier this week too, that is last years sales, they had 2 weeks of Shocktober "sales", but even then only a couple of those games actually went down in price. The rest were just amassed and advertised because they fit the Shocktober theme.

Like Frisky said, those links say "week 1" and "week 2" which doesn't even make sense as this year's Shocktober sale will only last 1 week, and there's only one more week til Halloween.

For some reason they haven't taken that Shocktober page down from last year. So don't get your hopes up for those games going on sale.[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 4 was on sale a month after release? how'd i miss that :/

[quote name='simmias']I thought you could only unlock a t-shirt, and had to buy the (unbelievably awesome) outfit for 320 msp.[/QUOTE]
Then I stand corrected.

Hopefully i'm not repeating someone else post. Today i purchased Batman: AC off the games on demand and the Catwoman Bundle pack was included with the game.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Hopefully i'm not repeating someone else post. Today i purchased Batman: AC off the games on demand and the Catwoman Bundle pack was included with the game.[/QUOTE]

maybe this is why?
Note #2 The "Catwoman" DLC is not included in the Games-on-Demand version of "Batman: Arkham City". However, if you buy the disc-based copy of the original non-GOTY version, each new copy includes a download code to acquire the "Catwoman" DLC for free, thus saving 400 (now) or 800 (later) points. Discs are currently MSRP'd at $29.99, but it should be very easy to find new/sealed copies for under $20 either from retailers, or via trading sites like eBay.

[quote name='iRandom']maybe this is why?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean i may have already owned it and that is why i have it?
Because i never owned a copy of Batman AC.

[quote name='w00dm4n']Resident Evil 4 was on sale a month after release? how'd i miss that :/[/QUOTE]

you didn't miss it. not everything on that list was on sale.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Do you mean i may have already owned it and that is why i have it?
Because i never owned a copy of Batman AC.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, they've fixed it so that the GoD copy includes the DLC. New copy DLC should always be included in GoD purchases. The fact that the Catwoman DLC wasn't included was probably a mistake.

[quote name='hellhunde']Hopefully, they've fixed it so that the GoD copy includes the DLC. New copy DLC should always be included in GoD purchases. The fact that the Catwoman DLC wasn't included was probably a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I did receive the Catwoman DLC with the GoD version. When i posted that the OP made a mistake IRandom responded to me by quoting the OP Note #2 The "Catwoman" DLC is not included in the Games-on-Demand version of "Batman: Arkham City". However, if you buy the disc-based copy of the original non-GOTY version, each new copy includes a download code to acquire the "Catwoman" DLC for free, thus saving 400 (now) or 800 (later) points. Discs are currently MSRP'd at $29.99, but it should be very easy to find new/sealed copies for under $20 either from retailers, or via trading sites like eBay. Which made me respond that maybe he thought i had already owned a previous disc copy and had redeemed the dlc on my account which is why i had the DLC that the OP said was not included in GoD version

Wow. I can't believe those two morons posted shocktober sales from 2011 and mislead quite a few people. Get your facts straight sheesh. As Tyler said, they are last years sales!!

and I highly doubt Walking episodes go on sale. Thatd be cool, but highly doubtful

This past week has been quite the adventure. I am guessing with the rollout of the new dashboard, Windows 8 marketing in full swing for its upcoming launch, and all the sales we now get on the 360, the five non-fired employees working on the 360's community may have been overwhelmed. So we were sure on edge to see the deals actually drop upon us. I'm glad they pulled through and maintained the momentum to keep my wallet empty.

I chose to get Metro 2033 at 800MSP to match up with its DLC that was on discount before and I am still considering the You Don't Know Jack offerings. I always see the base game at Best Buy in the $20 section all the time, and I figure they'd want to clearance them at some point, but I feel at 800MSP for a digital copy holds value. The base game is somewhat in consideration for me, but I may at least seriously consider the 4 add-ons at 100MSP each before making the decision on the game. When it was free for Gold members, 1 vs. 100 was fun for me despite being stupid, so I am not sure if You Don't Know Jack is worth it for me due to my lack of intelligence and knowledge.

Speaking of free for Gold members, I had to miss out on that Intel Discovered game which appears to me like a Kinect equivalent of those old SegaCD FMV games. I lack a Kinect, so for me there was a big gap between free XBLA games I can play between the Doritos games and Happy Wars because I have to miss out on peripheral based games like Totem Ball, Mars Rover Landing, and Voice Studio. I hope to eventually get the Kinect if it is ever at a low enough price, because I already enjoy some games for it like Child of Eden, Halo Anniversary, and Dragon's Lair with games I still plan to get for it such as Mass Effect 3, Forza Motorsport 4, and Skyrim. I do hope I get in on more free titles for the 360.

[quote name='Blade']I can't really justify buying DLC unless I know for sure it adds a considerable amount of gameplay. Most DLC is just superfluous texture packs that rake in more unwarranted money for the publisher. There was a time when games were released complete and as close to the planned vision as possible. Now we're expected to buy incomplete games and pay extra for more cars, alternate skins, or more questions. From You Don't Know Jack, Forza 3, and all the Capcom games that require additional purchases to unlock content already on the disc, to Final Fantasy: My Life as a King/Dark Lord and Pokemon Rumble on Wii, to Dungeon Defenders and Magicka on PC, it's an epidemic spanning all gaming platforms. There's a great little indie game called DLC Quest that satirizes this whole ridiculous concept, and the ironic part is that the entire game is cheaper than most DLC.

I wish people didn't buy into it so freely and this fad would die out. =\[/QUOTE]

In my opinion it is not a fad, but just how the industry has developed and changed to the modern day markets. I am guessing it is just a convergence of technological capabilities, economics of game development/marketing, and platform/system control which defines some of the paid add-on content. While I am old and prefer the good old days when I just played the game to unlock costumes in older Dead or Alive games opposed to how Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 asks a fee for costumes. I feel a happy medium could be had in terms of pricing model, like that of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, where the base game can be had for a discount and it is optional for the superfluous to be purchased by fans. That happy medium, I find is determined by every consumer by what you're willing to pay for given the content. It is still the decision of the developer and/or publisher to determine the price for their product, or as videogames have adapted to almost a service, in what they feel is best for their interests (namely profit). Not all DLC is created equal, and as a consumer we can just simply choose. I would really prefer if the life of my games were extended at little to no extra cost, and there are a whole bunch of issues with DLC, but I hope one day we find that ideal place where it is just right.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but wasn't last years Shocktober sales really crappy? I want to say that a lot of things on that list weren't actually on sale. They amassed a big pile of Halloween/Scary content and advertised it all, but only about 1/5 of those games actually got a discount. The rest were just advertised at full price.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that's what happened. There was lots of disappointment because a lot of us were waiting for the advertised content's prices to drop, and they never did.[/QUOTE]

You brought back bad memories which I had blocked out. I do hope for outstanding discounts this time around to stack with the horror-themed items I can purchase for this month's reward offer. I make an effort to keep "discount" in my vernacular to prevent confusion as MS did with last year's "Shocktober Sales." However, I am more optimistic this year it will be different since there are many more outlets for discounts between the Sales and Specials + app, Games on Demand choice discount, special side discounts, Gold Family Deal of the Month, and Deal of the Week. They failed to take the opportunity to price Resident Evil 4 at 800MSP, so I settled for that price on PSN; there are plenty of other outstanding titles which could fit the theme, I hope they will seize the potential sales this time around.

[quote name='Dthib87']https://sites.google.com/site/xblareleaseschedule/[/QUOTE]

I will say again that I am hotly anticipating Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus this Wednesday.
[youtube]M_hwr-G61Jo[/youtube]
According to the description, the newest edition, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, will be patched in later (not mentioned if it would be paid or free), which I can understand because they'd want to keep the arcades happy with the latest edition first without cannibalizing their money with a home version.

I still also await Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Retro City Rampage, and the Sega Model 2 games (particularly Virtual On: Cyber Troopers). However that site did list a few which did catch my eye which I had forgotten about such as Magical Drop V, Zone of Enders HD Edition, and The Cave. I will continue to need more discount Microsoft Points for all the great titles to be available on XBLA.

There are still plenty of things I still want on discount that has been out. I do hope tomorrow's "Shocktober" deals contain content I want which stacks with the rewards offer. I'm currently working Bioshock 2 off my backlog, and I had already purchased its DLC when they were on discount before, so the upcoming repeat sale will not apply to me, but I hope to have something to say about it when I finish (the DLC) for those who may be interested in the sale. I also look forward to pleasant surprises on the Sales and Specials + app too. I still have yet to get the new dashboard, and I hope it looks like the bottom half of this picture, but that may set me up for disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back