XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chipper_95']For what its worth, Microsoft still has the page up from last year's "Shocktober" sales. They did 2 weeks of sales with certain games on sale for one week each. Here is week one and here is week two. This is just to get an idea what type of games were on sale last year and to purely speculate what we may see this year.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't mind seeing the prices of some of those games cut in half again this year, as well as cheap SotN DLC and perhaps a price cut on the DECAY series.

It shouldn't be that difficult to spend 2000 MSP on Halloween items next week. The list keeps growing. ;)

[quote name='Cleaner7']The original Alice is availble as a 800 MSP add-on to Alice MR.
[/QUOTE]

No no no no no. This is only if you bought Alice Madness Returns used. All new copies of Alice Madness Returns, including GOD, get the original American McGee's Alice free. This wasn't DLC as much as it was an online pass.

You can be certain of this as part of the 1000 achievement points for this game involve playing the original Alice so it's actually meant to be part of the same package. If it was DLC it would come with its own achievements or in the very least not have any achievements attached to it at all. So yeah, have no fears, buy the GOD version and you will get the original free with it.

[quote name='chipper_95']For what its worth, Microsoft still has the page up from last year's "Shocktober" sales. They did 2 weeks of sales with certain games on sale for one week each. Here is week one and here is week two. This is just to get an idea what type of games were on sale last year and to purely speculate what we may see this year.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but wasn't last years Shocktober sales really crappy? I want to say that a lot of things on that list weren't actually on sale. They amassed a big pile of Halloween/Scary content and advertised it all, but only about 1/5 of those games actually got a discount. The rest were just advertised at full price.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that's what happened. There was lots of disappointment because a lot of us were waiting for the advertised content's prices to drop, and they never did.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but wasn't last years Shocktober sales really crappy? I want to say that a lot of things on that list weren't actually on sale. They amassed a big pile of Halloween/Scary content and advertised it all, but only about 1/5 of those games actually got a discount. The rest were just advertised at full price.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that's what happened. There was lots of disappointment because a lot of us were waiting for the advertised content's prices to drop, and they never did.[/QUOTE]

Nope you're right...most of the stuff was just advertised but only a few got a discount and even then, most of them wasn't worth it OR have been on sale before hum

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Nope you're right...most of the stuff was just advertised but only a few got a discount and even then, most of them wasn't worth it OR have been on sale before hum[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for confirming. Seeing those links chipper posted brought back instant flashbacks of how disappointing and awful that sale was.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I have never heard of anyone actually enjoying this game before. Care to offer a recommendation?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I have never heard of anyone who sat down and actually played it having much bad to say about it. It seems that generally even people who thought they wouldn't like it end up at least having a bit of fun if not becoming hooked in general.

Its an overused comparison but the best way to describe it is Magic the Gathering meets monopoly. Its very easily accesbible to anyone, while still having enough depth to cater to those seeking it. Collection cards, building decks and strategies, comlimenting synergies, all implemented on a familar gameboard (though with MANY variations) with luck thrown into the mix as well.

If any of that sounds appealing to you give it a shot. If it doesn't, still give it a shot. There's a demo on the marketplace so you've got nothing to lose and you'll most likely be suprised. Its a shame that this is the last console iteration we've seen since PS2. And while its not the best iteration of the series it is wonderfully competent at what it does. The story of the story mode is terrible, I'll make no illusions about that, but its about the gameplay whether in story or against cpu and friends in VS. Also as a huge fan of the series, like Crono apparently, it was my deciding factor as to which console I went with this gen. Halo? Pfft. Uncharted? Pfft. Gimme mah Culdcept, haha.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Honestly I have never heard of anyone who sat down and actually played it having much bad to say about it. It seems that generally even people who thought they wouldn't like it end up at least having a bit of fun if not becoming hooked in general.

Its an overused comparison but the best way to describe it is Magic the Gathering meets monopoly. Its very easily accesbible to anyone, while still having enough depth to cater to those seeking it. Collection cards, building decks and strategies, comlimenting synergies, all implemented on a familar gameboard (though with MANY variations) with luck thrown into the mix as well.

If any of that sounds appealing to you give it a shot. If it doesn't, still give it a shot. There's a demo on the marketplace so you've got nothing to lose and you'll most likely be suprised. Its a shame that this is the last console iteration we've seen since PS2. And while its not the best iteration of the series it is wonderfully competent at what it does. The story of the story mode is terrible, I'll make no illusions about that, but its about the gameplay whether in story or against cpu and friends in VS. Also as a huge fan of the series, like Crono apparently, it was my deciding factor as to which console I went with this gen. Halo? Pfft. Uncharted? Pfft. Gimme mah Culdcept, haha.[/QUOTE]

I see the demo online but no option to purchase the game. If I like the game, is it available in disc form?

Thanks!

[quote name='chooka1']I see the demo online but no option to purchase the game. If I like the game, is it available in disc form?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yep. Disc is the only way. I doubt we'll ever see a GoD version by this point, much to my lament and what sparked this whole conversation to begin with, lol.

Lemme know what your impressions are.

[quote name='Sath666']btw now i saw the game has 200G + 50g for the DLC. Pathetic attempt to make few achievement whores to buy their dlc.[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting DLC should not include Achievements? For most Achievement fans, DLC Achievements are a definite plus. Also, Serious Sam 3 only launched with 200 GS instead of 400, so the DLC helps lessen the sting a bit.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the game so far. A little more story than previous games, great graphics for an XBLA title, and the Serious Sam chaos and exploration I've always loved. Plus it has split-screen co-op, unlike the previous two XBLA games.

[quote name='Zonic505']Virtua Fighter 2 (which you can switch between Versions 2.0 & 2.1), Fighting Vipers (with Mahler, the secret character from the Saturn version), Sonic The Fighters (with Metal Sonic, Eggman, & hidden-on-ROM Honey The Cat now playable), Virtua Strikers, and the original Virtua On (not the one currently on XBLA) are all coming to XBLA/PSN. The fighting games will be 800 MSP each, and it seems there'll be a bundle in Japan for about $20 for all 3 of them, while VS & VO are coming early next year. All of them will have online play and enhanced features, some of which are listed above.[/QUOTE]

Awesome news! The addition of Honey to Sonic the Fighters certainly makes it a more robust game. I'm actually looking forward to Virtua Strikers too - love arcade-style sports games. I do have to wonder how many people would buy the first Virtual On when Oratorio Tangram has everything that it did and is jut better all around.

[quote name='tylerh1701']There are too many fighting games in the world.[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing! The only genre there's too much of is FPS games on consoles, and puzzle games on mobile phones. :p

[quote name='eastx']Are you suggesting DLC should not include Achievements? For most Achievement fans, DLC Achievements are a definite plus. Also, Serious Sam 3 only launched with 200 GS instead of 400, so the DLC helps lessen the sting a bit.
[/QUOTE]

I was just pissed, because the mp is cut from main game. First day sales in XBLA for this game are really bad. Surprising? Not at all.

Anyway, just bought the game from Steam - currently is 75% off + there is complete SS pack, which includes every game and dlc for only 16,24€ (75% off as well).

:)

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Yep. Disc is the only way. I doubt we'll ever see a GoD version by this point, much to my lament and what sparked this whole conversation to begin with, lol.

Lemme know what your impressions are.[/QUOTE]

Demo is in the queue and I've found some reasonable priced phyiscal copies of the disc online in the event I like the dem.
Thanks!

Going to throw my hat in the ring on Culdcept Saga as well. I played the demo and just had to get the full game after playing the demo several times. Then I brought the game over a friend's house and was shocked when they all got so caught up in it that they didn't want to play the usual Halo and Call of Duty that the get togethers were about. At least two of them picked the game up as well after.

Really an interesting game, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks guys...any tips for a beginner at Culdcept Saga?
I read some reviews already and it sounds like there is quite steep learning curve. Any suggestions to ease curve?

Perhaps you can PM me to avoid hijacking this thread?

[quote name='Jhuntley']Why is Metro showing up as 19.99 now? I was going to get it, but I guess I'll settle for Saints Row.[/QUOTE]

that is some BS about Metro 2033. Thought the sale is until the 22nd.

I checked on Twitter and someone asked @XboxSupport about it and they said:
@DanielPeirce We're currently looking into this. Thanks for being patient. =) ^KC

[quote name='eastx']There is no such thing! The only genre there's too much of is FPS games on consoles, and puzzle games on mobile phones. :p[/QUOTE]

Especially physics puzzlers. Yuck!

[quote name='eastx']Just published my Happy Wars review at Co-Optimus. It focuses on the multiplayer aspects and not the PDLC, which I've covered in a previous article. Feedback is greatly appreciated. :)[/QUOTE]

Nicely done. I've been intending to get around to trying this out sometime soon and your review made me bump it up on my gaming priorities list a bit. I appreciate the in-depth focus on the class abilities so I have some idea of who to pick and what to do.

I was turned off almost instantly from Fat Princess for some reason so I'm hoping this can draw me in a bit more. Either way, FREE! AND ACHIEVEMENTS! So why not?

Home Run Stars comes out 10/26. Since it's a Kinect game that means I will be snagging it.
Shouldn't it be "Homerun" though?

Glad I waited for Wreckateer. It's fun but not 10.00 fun. This is the first year I didn't buy all the SOA games, so I hope Deadlight and Dust go on sale next.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but wasn't last years Shocktober sales really crappy? I want to say that a lot of things on that list weren't actually on sale. They amassed a big pile of Halloween/Scary content and advertised it all, but only about 1/5 of those games actually got a discount. The rest were just advertised at full price.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that's what happened. There was lots of disappointment because a lot of us were waiting for the advertised content's prices to drop, and they never did.[/QUOTE]
Crap, you are right! I tried to find a separate thread here on CAG about the Shocktober sales when I made my previous post but had no luck. However, I am sure we discussed it in here. I do remember it being a big letdown now. Everyone keep you expectations low and hopefully they will actually put the stuff on sale that they advertise.

[quote name='ooga']Home Run Stars comes out 10/26. Since it's a Kinect game that means I will be snagging it.
Shouldn't it be "Homerun" though?[/QUOTE]
I am interested in it for the Kinect functionality and how it is going to work with SmartGlass.

Hey Gamers-
need your help and insight on a few things with the Metro 2033 download for 800MSP / $9.99. I've read from different people here that there are OTHER downloadable games that people have gotten (either here in the U.S. or in other countries), where there is a difference from the downloadable version and the actual disc version. (Maybe it has something to do with a country restricting certain content, etc ??) For those that have downloaded this game and perhaps played through it, is the 4.9GB the FULL, COMPLETE version with no exclusion of content ?

Also could I ask for your thoughts / reviews of the add-on "Ranger pack" for 240MSP ? Is it REALLY worth considering this additional purchase for the game ?

As much as I'd really LOVE to have the physical disc copy of Metro 2033, and save hard drive space, like most people, trying to find a copy even close to $10 is like "trying to find a needle in a haystack."

As always, thanks for everyone's comments and help in advance.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']Shocktober is horror themed games sale right? If so then i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for Scarygirl and Deadlight[/QUOTE]

I am very much hoping for Scarygirl as well.

is there a way to contact microsoft /xbox live to suggest games that they should put on sale or at least to ask them for details of future sales?

[quote name='DANIEL']is there a way to contact microsoft /xbox live to suggest games that they should put on sale or at least to ask them for details of future sales?[/QUOTE]

Best way would probably just call Billy G. on his house line. :D

[quote name='billydeewilliams']i have been playing games since the 80's and i had no idea there was a sonic fighting game lol sweet[/QUOTE]

Its ok played it on pc once

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers-
need your help and insight on a few things with the Metro 2033 download for 800MSP / $9.99. I've read from different people here that there are OTHER downloadable games that people have gotten (either here in the U.S. or in other countries), where there is a difference from the downloadable version and the actual disc version. (Maybe it has something to do with a country restricting certain content, etc ??) For those that have downloaded this game and perhaps played through it, is the 4.9GB the FULL, COMPLETE version with no exclusion of content ?

Also could I ask for your thoughts / reviews of the add-on "Ranger pack" for 240MSP ? Is it REALLY worth considering this additional purchase for the game ?

As much as I'd really LOVE to have the physical disc copy of Metro 2033, and save hard drive space, like most people, trying to find a copy even close to $10 is like "trying to find a needle in a haystack."

As always, thanks for everyone's comments and help in advance.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had answers for you just because of how politely you asked.

As always, thanks for everyone's comments and help in advance.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what difference is between different versions of the game selling for either 800 or 6XX but either way, Metro for $10 is worth it. As already noted, finding a used physical copy for $15 is alone is a hapless endeavor

[quote name='billydeewilliams']i have been playing games since the 80's and i had no idea there was a sonic fighting game lol sweet[/QUOTE]
It's a bad game. VF2 was good back then but with VF5 out i don't see why i'd play it, at least not for ten dollars. All they need to release is fighters megamix but they keep rehashing these games instead. most of these came out on ps2. hopefully they will port sega rally then as that got put out on ps2 as well and would be nice to play online.

SR2 expansions? Worth it?

Also could I ask for your thoughts / reviews of the add-on "Ranger pack" for 240MSP ? Is it REALLY worth considering this additional purchase for the game? ...[/QUOTE]
I haven't read anything about missing content but I did play Metro off of a disc and (like others) feel that the sale price is an excellent one. Half the game would need to be missing for it to not be worth $10. If you're turned off by an atmospheric, deliberate FPS than it might not be for you but even then it would be hard to not to not get your money's worth. It's not a perfect title by any means but its faults are a lot easier to handle at such a good price. I paid 2.5-3 times this amount back when I obtained it and didn't regret it then. As I have not played the Ranger DLC I have no opinion on it. Hope this helps your decision.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']It's a bad game. VF2 was good back then but with VF5 out i don't see why i'd play it, at least not for ten dollars. All they need to release is fighters megamix but they keep rehashing these games instead. most of these came out on ps2. hopefully they will port sega rally then as that got put out on ps2 as well and would be nice to play online.

SR2 expansions? Worth it?[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard of it either but it looks like shart!
SR2 - general consensus (here and reviews) is no.

[quote name='NeoshoTiger']I went to download Saint's Row 2 and it says 880 points, anyone know why it isn't 800?[/QUOTE]

prob to do with the region you are in.

for example metro is 800 msp but in australia it is 900 msp as it is not $9.99 like in america but $14 or something

[quote name='seanr1221']Glad I waited for Wreckateer. It's fun but not 10.00 fun.[/QUOTE]

This, it's decent at $5, it's a Kinect game that basically works.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']Shocktober is horror themed games sale right? If so then i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for Scarygirl and Deadlight[/QUOTE]
Deadlight = CONFIRMED!
Scarygirl = REJECTED!

Just did a big update to the Xbox Rewards wiki this morning, so go check out the latest changes.

[quote name='Felder71']Dear Lord, please give us half off I Am Alive for Shocktober deals. I will build many temples in your honor. Amen.[/QUOTE]

Let your voice be heard, brother!

[quote name='Cornelius']Deadlight = CONFIRMED!
Scarygirl = REJECTED!

Just did a big update to the Xbox Rewards wiki this morning, so go check out the latest changes.[/QUOTE]
I believe MagmaOasis was talking about hoping that Deadlight and Scary Girl would go on sale. While you are talking about the 300 pts back for spending 2000.

[quote name='NeoshoTiger']I went to download Saint's Row 2 and it says 880 points, anyone know why it isn't 800?[/QUOTE]

Saints Row 2 is showing up as 880 points for me too. I'm assuming they're charging some kind of weird tax on the points. Is it bad that an 80 point difference was the main deciding factor between me buying a game I know nothing about (Metro 2033) and the prequel to one of my favorite games this generation (Saints Row 2)?

[quote name='Jhuntley']Saints Row 2 is showing up as 880 points for me too. I'm assuming they're charging some kind of weird tax on the points. Is it bad that an 80 point difference was the main deciding factor between me buying a game I know nothing about (Metro 2033) and the prequel to one of my favorite games this generation (Saints Row 2)?[/QUOTE]

880 here too. If metro 2033 is on sale for 9.99 just like Saint's Row then this is obviously a screw up. I wonder if anyone has actually contacted xbox support over it

[quote name='biledriver']880 here too. If metro 2033 is on sale for 9.99 just like Saint's Row then this is obviously a screw up. I wonder if anyone has actually contacted xbox support over it[/QUOTE]

Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back