XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back reddjoey!

I picked up Wreckateer for 400 based on the recommendations of people on here so when I eventually get a Kinect I'll fire this up as well as Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja.

I bought Arkham City for games on demand. I own way too many copies of this game but I'm lazy and I don't like getting up to put in the disc when I feel like beating up some bad guys as Batman.

[quote name='Foladar']Saints Row 2 worth it? Enjoyed the crap outta Saints Row The Third. Not sure if it's age shows or not.[/QUOTE]

i think saints row 2 is better than 3

Hey Joey!

Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant.

And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

Also, I finally picked up You Don't Know Jack and all the DLC. Glad it went on sale while I actually had money for once. Missed out on Crysis and transformers, sadly.

[quote name='Foladar']Saints Row 2 worth it? Enjoyed the crap outta Saints Row The Third. Not sure if it's age shows or not.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good for $10. I actually liked 1 more than 2, haven't played 3 yet...

[quote name='seanr1221']So this is some shit. I downloaded quarrel and swarm for 200 points each and didn't get to try them until now. I go to play them and its telling me I don't own them and can download them for 400 points each. My points were taken (it even says I own them on the MS billing page) but I don't![/QUOTE]

Have you tried re-queuing them up from xbox.com?

[quote name='Gabrius']Any opinions on the Space Marine, SR2 & SR3 DLCs?[/QUOTE]
Can't speak for 2 but the SR3 DLCs are ridiculously short. Probably around 1.5 hours to beat all of them. Also they're for the most part just repetitive bullshit from the main game just slightly tweaked. I probably wouldn't buy them again even at a discount price.

[quote name='bardockkun']And, uh, don't know what the fuck this is, but was browsing Achievements360 and found out there's a free game for Kinect right now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584112bb?noSplash=1

It stars Chris Evans, that one guy from LMFAO and YOU! It's like the fevered dream I've always dreamed of having.

And having just watched the video for it, it looks like a non grainy quality Sega CD FMV kinda game, which is either the greatest idea ever or the biggest plane crash into an orphanage ever. BUT HEY! It's free and 400 cheezmint points![/QUOTE]
Ha Ha! This looks like a trainwreck waiting to happen in my Xbox!
And a super good laugh if I'm in the right mood, could be great!
Thanks for posting your find, downloading this sucker.:lol:

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I'll return the favor:

I picked up Wrecked last night - now all of you won't have to.

I seriously have no clue why this game was 1200MSP - 600MSP should've been the full price and even that is about 600MSP too much.

SR3 DLC is not great but I'd say "The Trouble with Clones" was the best of the bunch, the "Saints Flow" bit was almost worth the price of admission alone.

Thanks for posting that free Kinect game, it stars Chris Evans AND ME !!! :bouncy:

[quote name='Gabrius']Thanks for the heads up, guys. I'll return the favor:

I picked up Wrecked last night - now all of you won't have to.

I seriously have no clue why this game was 1200MSP - 600MSP should've been the full price and even that is about 600MSP too much.[/QUOTE]

The single player is pretty lame? That's the only thing I'd spend time with.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The single player is pretty lame? That's the only thing I'd spend time with.[/QUOTE]

I played it for about 30 minutes last night, and I want my time back.

I would go as far as to say the game has absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Yes! Finally start getting some batman dlc and some season passes. I hope the forza 4 season goes on sale again, atleast I can get the ufc one this time.

Is zombie driver NOT showing up for anyone else?

I kinda wanna play the demo, and 800 pts is a deal on a new XBLA game these days

also, i think you guys talked me out of Metro so I still need 800 MSP spent regarding the Oct Rewards Promo

Also, is it me or does Darksiders feel like a Dark Cloud game more so than a Zelda game?

... sans the town building of course.

[quote name='squishface']The arkham bundle says it includes extra dlc, I'm guessing it has harley quinns revenge right ?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

[quote name='eastx']Hey Joey!

And if you threw a party

[/QUOTE]

Its sad that I knew right away which show opens up with that song. I am so uncool. :cry:

Did anyone pick up Serious Sam 3? I don't think the existence of the Jewel of the Nile DLC is too terrible considering the PC game costs more than $30 on its own (when it's not on sale). Plus, you can always skip the DLC if you don't end up liking the main game that much.

[quote name='eastx']Hey Joey!

And if you threw a party
[/QUOTE]

Aww, nobody got my Golden Girls reference. Now I feel like a Golden Girl.

EDIT: Ooga recognized it. High five!

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Is zombie driver NOT showing up for anyone else?

I kinda wanna play the demo, and 800 pts is a deal on a new XBLA game these days
[/QUOTE]

I had no trouble downloading it this morning. Considering I got 800 free points the other day, I'm tempted to pick it up. It's no Carmageddon, but it's close enough until we get a real title.

[quote name='eastx']Did anyone pick up Serious Sam 3? I don't think the existence of the Jewel of the Nile DLC is too terrible considering the PC game costs more than $30 on its own (when it's not on sale). Plus, you can always skip the DLC if you don't end up liking the main game that much.

EDIT: Ooga recognized it. High five![/QUOTE]

I recognized the song, but couldn't place it.

Also, I haven't bought Serious Sam yet, but I can see myself not waiting for a sale. With Shocktober and Christmas sales coming up, I'm trying to save my points though if possible.

[quote name='eastx']

EDIT: Ooga recognized it. High five![/QUOTE]

I recognized.

Some things are just better left unsaid. :booty:

[quote name='ooga']Careful! You may break a hip. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Well, St. Olaf is the broken hip capital of the Midwest, where you can be a member of three cliques - the hip group, the not-so-hip group, and the broken hip group. If you get those Golden Girl references, then you're really cool ;)

ok so I can get 2 games (saving all my other points for AC3 season pass & day 1 halo4 map pack), but am having trouble deciding between metro 2033, darksiders and saints row 2.....any suggestions?

[quote name='franscodelamrte']ok so I can get 2 games (saving all my other points for AC3 season pass & day 1 halo4 map pack), but am having trouble deciding between metro 2033, darksiders and saints row 2.....any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Darksiders and Saints 2 if you have someone to play Saints with.

Darksiders and Metro otherwise.

Soley based on my preferences but there ya go.

I didn't think this day would come this fast, my 250GB hard drive only has 9GB free...

I was thinking of getting Darksiders, and I wanted the AC3 & Halo 4 passes when they came out...

I think I finally have to start deleting game content, and wait to upgrade to a 320GB as I am broke right now.

[quote name='eastx']Did anyone pick up Serious Sam 3? I don't think the existence of the Jewel of the Nile DLC is too terrible considering the PC game costs more than $30 on its own (when it's not on sale). Plus, you can always skip the DLC if you don't end up liking the main game that much.
![/QUOTE]

The game seems alright (played only the trial). It's more of the same with better graphics. There are some texture pop-up from time to time, but nothing game breaking.
I don't think the dlc will help in any way for developers. Not many people will buy it and the mp is going to be ghost town first week after release.

Waiting for sale. With my huge backlog i can wait. ;)

btw now i saw the game has 200G + 50g for the DLC. Pathetic attempt to make few achievement whores to buy their dlc.

[quote name='eastx']Did anyone pick up Serious Sam 3? I don't think the existence of the Jewel of the Nile DLC is too terrible considering the PC game costs more than $30 on its own (when it's not on sale). Plus, you can always skip the DLC if you don't end up liking the main game that much.[/QUOTE]
I re-bought it (bought it day 1 on PC). TFE and TSE are definitely better games but SS3 is still awesome. Starts out slow but by about mid way through you are neck deep in classic SS action. I'm still debating the DLC personally, don't really like the idea of paying the same price as the main game for DLC and some multiplayer which should have already been in the game.

[quote name='Blade3D']I didn't think this day would come this fast, my 250GB hard drive only has 9GB free...

I was thinking of getting Darksiders, and I wanted the AC3 & Halo 4 passes when they came out...

I think I finally have to start deleting game content, and wait to upgrade to a 320GB as I am broke right now.[/QUOTE]

If you can, pick yourself up a cheapish 32Gb Flash Drive or two.
The latest Dashboard update now allows extra storage from 16Gb, to 32Gb.

[quote name='DJP519']Definitely going to pick up the two Jack Packs that I don't have. 100 points each, that's awesome.[/QUOTE]

I haven't started the game yet. Are the jack packs worth it at this price?

[quote name='Inbox']why do the prices have msp prices and cash value... u cannot buy any games with msp[/QUOTE]

You can toggle between real world currency and MSP on the "Confirm purchase" screen that pops up.

[quote name='Inbox']why do the prices have msp prices and cash value... u cannot buy any games with msp[/QUOTE]

After you select the Purchase tile, at the bottom of the following Payment Screen, you will see '(X) Buy with Microsoft Points'. Pressing (X) will turn the price into MSP value.

Is this really a Batman AC sale without even putting the biggest DLC for the game on sale? I'd jump on it for 400 but is it really worth the 800?

Metro 2033 and Saints Row 2 together for $20 and I only have 20 points. Lucky me. Hopefully I get a gift certificate from Best Buy when they cancel my order tomorrow.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']If you can, pick yourself up a cheapish 32Gb Flash Drive or two.
The latest Dashboard update now allows extra storage from 16Gb, to 32Gb.[/QUOTE]

That's the first I've heard of this. If true, I'm glad I didn't bite on my impulse to get a 16 GB flash drive.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Darksiders and Saints 2 if you have someone to play Saints with.

Darksiders and Metro otherwise.

Soley based on my preferences but there ya go.[/QUOTE]

Appreciated none the less, though am curious to inquire....is Saints Row 2 only fun to play if co-op, or just more compound excitement that it would seem foolish to do so otherwise?

Thanks regardless.

God, I'm so sick of these bullshit "sales" of DLC that has already been on sale a bajillion times and has a GOTY option (Batman). I just know they'll put fuck ing Borderlands/Fallout DLC on sale again before the end of the year. How about a shmup sale or something MS?

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Appreciated none the less, though am curious to inquire....is Saints Row 2 only fun to play if co-op, or just more compound excitement that it would seem foolish to do so otherwise?

Thanks regardless.[/QUOTE]

I though Saint's Row 2 was decent single player though I had no desire to get all the achievements or play a second time...although I must admit I'm like that with most games.

I'm seriously considering Metro but I really prefer physical copies. Do I wait it out and hope for $10 on a physical copy or do I buy this...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back