XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='WV Matsui']Which is better? :lol:[/QUOTE]

It depends on what you want. Shooter or adventure? :roll:Metro has an alright story and the gameplay is fine. 7.5 out 10.

Darksiders has a good story and plays like a GOW/Zelda clone. If you plan on buying Darksiders 2 soon then I say go with Darksiders. Its also $5 preowned at BB, and Metro RARELY goes on sale, so its your choice.

Go on youtube and watch reviews for both games and choose yourself.

It depends on your taste. Darksiders received critical acclaim, but since I've only played about an hour of it, I can't give a fair judgement. Metro is either a love it or a hate it kind of game. Personally, I loved it. It did do a few things wrong, but it did a lot of things right too. Some people didn't care for it.

on the hungarian marketplace metro is 690 msp. have not tried to download yet but thought i would let people know. hopefully it works.

Red Joey is BAAAAACKKK! Good to see you around your old stomping grounds.

Is anyone else kinda excited for Serious Sam 3 tomorrow? I know it's 1200 points, but the game does look like a blast.

[quote name='Tsel']Thanks for that. I was wondering if anyone noticed what I had said. I'm gonna have to pass then based on what you've said and the fact that it doesn't look all that appealing anyway. Now if it had some amazing avatar award, that might change my mind, but a t-shirt? Pass.[/QUOTE]

Ya the T-shirt is beyond lame.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Metro or Darksiders?[/QUOTE]

I've never played Metro, but Darksiders is GREAT.

[Off topic]Hey WV Matsui, every time I see your avatar, I cringe. I went to my first HOME Texas game since my senior year in November 2002 (I went to the National Championship game vs. USC) against you guys and y'all ruined my homecoming! Then seeing y'all get killed by Tech made it even worse, though not as bad as us getting massacred by OU. I still think Geno Smith should get the Heisman.[/Off topic]

Back on topic, I have YDKJ for Wii, but I would like those achievements and the extra packs. Not sure what to do yet.

[quote name='Briar36'][Off topic]Hey WV Matsui, every time I see your avatar, I cringe. I went to my first HOME Texas game since my senior year in November 2002 (I went to the National Championship game vs. USC) against you guys and y'all ruined my homecoming! Then seeing y'all get killed by Tech made it even worse, though not as bad as us getting massacred by OU. I still think Geno Smith should get the Heisman.[/Off topic]

[/QUOTE]

:)

They're just different - I have both. If you like Bioshock-like smart first-person shooters where the shooting isn't so twitchy and perfect (ie. not MW2) but where the atmosphere, story and immersion is important then go with Metro 2033. It's a pretty exciting game but not anything relaxing. It's about a 10-14 hour game on normal.

If you like a 3rd person action, adventure, platform, puzzler in the vein of a more darkly told Zelda then go with Darksiders. It's about a 15-20 hour game to beat.

IMHO Darksiders was a bit of a grind for me at times and I didn't really get into the story too well. I was playing it for about 6 or 7 hours while my xbox wasn't hooked up to the internet and when I finally got back on live none of my offline achievements registered and my save file went kaput so I've never gotten back and started from scratch with it. Whereas the same thing happened with Metro 2033 and I'm itching to start it up again. So I'd try to sell you on Metro 2033 personally but to be honest I'd tell you to grab them both if you can. Doubt you'll see them much cheaper - especially Metro 2033, Darksiders you can probably grab off craigslist for $10 anytime.

[quote name='Rollobobo']
Is anyone else kinda excited for Serious Sam 3 tomorrow? I know it's 1200 points, but the game does look like a blast.[/QUOTE]I was excited until I saw that they're essentially splitting the full game into two 1200 MSP downloads.
One, the campaign mode (which can be played in single-player or co-op), then the second is a 1200 MSP add-on containing the new single-player DLC and the multiplayer versus mode. I wouldn't have played much of the MP anyway, but I'm not sure I'm going to spend $15 on what is not technically the full game.

And, uh, don't know what the fuck this is, but was browsing Achievements360 and found out there's a free game for Kinect right now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584112bb?noSplash=1

It stars Chris Evans, that one guy from LMFAO and YOU! It's like the fevered dream I've always dreamed of having.

And having just watched the video for it, it looks like a non grainy quality Sega CD FMV kinda game, which is either the greatest idea ever or the biggest plane crash into an orphanage ever. BUT HEY! It's free and 400 cheezmint points!

[quote name='bardockkun']And, uh, don't know what the fuck this is, but was browsing Achievements360 and found out there's a free game for Kinect right now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584112bb?noSplash=1

It stars Chris Evans, that one guy from LMFAO and YOU! It's like the fevered dream I've always dreamed of having.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. "Bought" it in case I ever want it if I ever get a Kinect.

I saw the boxart pic when all those random ones leaked a few weeks ago. Was definitely stupefied by it!

I had no intention of buying any YDKJ packs until I saw them all at 100msp each. Now I have all 4. This is the truest form of voting with your wallet by showing how much we appreciate 75% off sales (Nexuiz not included)

just noticed darksiders is $9.99 in australia which converts to 640 msp. weird how the metro game was not the same price.
and on hungarian marketplace darksiders is 320 msp and i am downloading now from australia.
have the disc already but that is cheap, and another game just to play whenever.

EDIT: I mean i am in australia and i am downloading darksiders game on demand from hungarian marketplace for 320 msp

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordVila']I was considering picking it up but the reviews weren't very glowing and they missed out on such a great opportunity to have a cool avatar award for it. Looks like I am going to pass on it.[/QUOTE]
Would you buy it if they gave you this?

pinkkerig.jpg

[quote name='Kerig']Would you buy it if they gave you this?

pinkkerig.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I would.

Hell I may buy it anyway. I grew up with Voltron, no matter how shitty this game is I can justify it.

Wow this is the first week in several weeks there has been nothing for me to buy. Only thing I don't have that I want is Wrecked Revenged and based on what I've heard I'm in for 400 absolute max. No single player in the demo? fuck that.

I would have bought the Batman DLC for sure, but the GotY has all of it on the second disc and can be downloaded for free by ghetto renting the game. I wish more companies would do this. They really should have put this stuff on sale prior to putting it on disc so I would have paid for it instead of scabbing it off a used copy of the GotY. Probably going to start playing Batman this week once I'm done with Fable Heroes now that I think about it.

[quote name='xbox_man']just noticed darksiders is $9.99 in australia which converts to 640 msp. weird how the metro game was not the same price.
and on hungarian marketplace darksiders is 320 msp and i am downloading now from australia.
have the disc already but that is cheap, and another game just to play whenever.[/QUOTE]

i've changed my country to Hungary, signed in to the Hungary xbox.com/hu-HU website but no luck getting fartsiders for 320 msp.

[quote name='iRandom']i've changed my country to Hungary, signed in to the Hungary xbox.com website but no luck getting fartsiders for 320 msp.[/QUOTE]

you have to have a hungary account to get it at the price. changing the website page to the country when you are signed in from another region wont work.

[quote name='xbox_man']you have to have a hungary account to get it at the price. changing the website page to the country when you are signed in from another region wont work.[/QUOTE]

Ahh thanks
ohh well i'll skip on this one. $10 is too much anyway.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I would have bought the Batman DLC for sure, but the GotY has all of it on the second disc and can be downloaded for free by ghetto renting the game. I wish more companies would do this. They really should have put this stuff on sale prior to putting it on disc so I would have paid for it instead of scabbing it off a used copy of the GotY. Probably going to start playing Batman this week once I'm done with Fable Heroes now that I think about it.[/QUOTE]

You do realize the GOTY edition DLC is not compatible with the Vanilla copy of Arkham City, yes?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']You do realize the GOTY edition DLC is not compatible with the Vanilla copy of Arkham City, yes?[/QUOTE]

It's not? Well darn. Guess I need to play through the DLC real quick while I have the disc.

Thanks bardockkun for the link to that free game. I think this is worthy of its own thread in the "free stuff" forum, but I don't want to take credit for it. I want to read the funny comments people will post about a free Chris Evans LMFAO game.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']You do realize the GOTY edition DLC is not compatible with the Vanilla copy of Arkham City, yes?[/QUOTE]

I just put in both discs and can sadly confirm this to be true. Guess I better start blazing through so I can play the DLCs sans spoilers before it goes back.

Just got Darksiders for 320msp (hungarian marketplace). Maybe will buy Metro from there as well (shows as 690msp). Love these cheap GoD games. :D

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks bardockkun for the link to that free game. I think this is worthy of its own thread in the "free stuff" forum, but I don't want to take credit for it. I want to read the funny comments people will post about a free Chris Evans LMFAO game.[/QUOTE]
Just posted it on there and credit goes to 360 Achievements website since I was bored and saw a goofy ass looking game cover and clicked on it. That and whenever I see Chris Evans with a stubble I just think of Lucas Lee from Scott Pilgrim.

Does anyone know how much hard drive space the You Don't Know Jack Games on Demand version and the Jack Packs take up?

[quote name='Sath666']Just got Darksiders for 320msp (hungarian marketplace). Maybe will buy Metro from there as well (shows as 690msp). Love these cheap GoD games. :D[/QUOTE]

Is the Hungarian Darksiders in any way censored? If not, then that's an amazing price for the game.

[quote name='Zbornak']Does anyone know how much hard drive space the You Don't Know Jack Games on Demand version and the Jack Packs take up?[/QUOTE]

2.02 gb for the game
Roughly 200 MB for the DLC

Metro has a new home now. That is the cheapest I've seen it so far...granted it is digital, but for consoles that is definitely a rare, low price. Haven't had time to really dive into it but Last Light looks great and this seemed like a worthy purchase.

My backlog has exploded this month. It's game hoarding season for me.

[quote name='Blade']Is the Hungarian Darksiders in any way censored? If not, then that's an amazing price for the game.[/QUOTE]

I doubt, it's a normal EU version. In Germany some games got censored.

[quote name='Sanges99']Holy crap, upto 5 pages already? That's... got to be a record for 1st night posts.[/QUOTE]
I Think the penny deals thread was end all be all from way back when.

And c'mon good deals for Shocktober. By that I mean RE4.

I am trying so hard to set up a Hungarian account for that Darksiders price... I think I have it all set up but the code I just bought off Amazon isn't working, I'm assuming it isn't going to either, crap :\

[quote name='iRandom']i've changed my country to Hungary, signed in to the Hungary xbox.com/hu-HU website but no luck getting fartsiders for 320 msp.[/QUOTE]
So you have a deathwish to have your 360 banned? Because the new (beta) firmware has a few twists by certifying that "you're you" upon first-boot, not to mention MS has stepped up the game when it comes to IP sniffing, and the Terms you just agreed to this summer are more stringent.

So unless you're planning upon paying for an Eastern European VPN, you might reconsider those plans.

[quote name='Cornelius']

So unless you're planning upon paying for an Eastern European VPN, you might reconsider those plans.[/QUOTE]

So using VPN is bannable now?

I never use (i'm from EU and didn't have problems downloading most of the games from hungarian marketplace), but i know some people doing it.

[quote name='Foladar']Saints Row 2 worth it? Enjoyed the crap outta Saints Row The Third. Not sure if it's age shows or not.[/QUOTE]

In my Opinion Saints Row 2 is Best in the Series better then The Third, So Yes. I popped it in and played it last summer to see how it aged and it's still a blast to play. There is a double pack of Saints 1 and 2 somewhere it may be cheaper to just buy that double pack.

For those wondering about Metro, BUY IT! Ive have played through the game twice, Got both Endings Great Game. The Length is about 8 - 10 hours and only have couple things That i didn't not like. Having to find a gas mask every 5 minutes got kind of old but it added to the gameplay expierence and some of the guns hit detection is way off but still fun. The final Chapter is one of my favorite final chapters and I LOVE the ending.

I was really hoping for a good THQ sale and at the same time I wasn't Since I bought 10 Arcade games and 4 Retail games in the past month and half....So MY backlog is built back up :(

Welcome back, RJ ... we definitely missed you!

Here's an updated S&S+ app section, if you want to take it.

Sales & Specials+ App Deals

The non-DOTW deals are only available through this App!
The DOTW within the app is for
GOLD members only, and listed at the top of this OP.
Important: Be sure to also read the "Important Info" at the end of this section.

Scratch & Match

10/16 - 10/22 ... "Extreme" racing titles
According to the Official Rules, your odds are approximately 1:20 that you'll "win" the Winning Prize of:
Otherwise you'll get offered these other "loser" deals:
Chain Reaction Deals

Purchase Offer #1 to unlock Offer #2, and so on. Be sure to read the "$" important info footnotes below!

10/9 - 10/22(?) ... Tiger Woods PGA Tour '13- DLC:
** = Note that the 11-course pack doesn't unlock item #2 (even though the 5-course pack is a subset of the 11-course pack).

Mystery Wheel Items
DIDN'T CHECK THIS OUT.

$ = Important info about the "Sales & Specials+" app:
  • This app shows offers from a unique (i.e. "workaround", "kludge", "hack") region where prices can be discounted in the "Scratch & Match" and "Chain Reaction" sections without reflecting the normal US / UK Marketplace prices. Because of this unique region, your prior purchases will not be reflected as "purchased" within the app. Microsoft is aware of the app's limitations, and despite several 100MB patches, there is no fix in sight until the entire Marketplace system is rewritten from scratch to handle user-specific pricing. The best advice is not to immediately pull the trigger on any S&S+ app deals, but instead sign in with your LiveID account into "xbox.com", and then either check the item's Marketplace page, or your account's purchase history, to ensure you don't fall into the "re-purchase" trap.
  • Fortunately, MS has made some progress, in that your purchases within the app will "eventually" be copied over to your home region, and show as "purchased" within the standard Marketplace. It doesn't work the other way though ... prior purchases don't show up in the app EXCEPT in the "Chain Reaction" area, showing which items you own from the "diagram" screen. However, if you go into each item's detail screen, once again you'll find the items falsely-report as "yet to be purchased".
  • If you do accidentally purchase items within the app that you purchased before, go into your Xbox Purchase History and find the exact dates when you previously purchased the item, using the Xbox 360 filter options on the left side, such as "Arcade Game", "Game Addon", "Full Games" (for Games-on-Demand), and so on. Once you've located the 2 purchase dates, you can then provide this information either to phone agents at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX, or by using the chat ability within http://support.xbox.com to get your points from that "duplicate purchase" refunded.

[quote name='Sath666']So using VPN is bannable now? I never use (i'm from EU and didn't have problems downloading most of the games from hungarian marketplace), but i know some people doing it.[/QUOTE]
No, just creating & using an account tied to a foreign country. If I lived in a foreign country, you'd better believe that I'd keep my account based in the USA, and buying a decent router that can assign gateway/DNS based upon MAC addresses to a USA-based VPN. But I don't, so that's the extent that I'll discuss that strategy. :)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']2.02 gb for the game
Roughly 200 MB for the DLC[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I was hoping it wouldn't be too big.

So this is some shit. I downloaded quarrel and swarm for 200 points each and didn't get to try them until now. I go to play them and its telling me I don't own them and can download them for 400 points each. My points were taken (it even says I own them on the MS billing page) but I don't!

[quote name='Sath666']Just got Darksiders for 320msp (hungarian marketplace). Maybe will buy Metro from there as well (shows as 690msp). Love these cheap GoD games. :D[/QUOTE]

Or you can get it for 630 MSP on the Austrian marketplace =D (not australian xp)

[quote name='Cornelius']Welcome back, RJ ... we definitely missed you!

Here's an updated S&S+ app section, if you want to take it.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I put in the OP.

I re-wikied it since everyone was doing great keep it up to date and I honestly forgot to do that last night. It's great to be back, but I don't want to promise anything. I was just fortunate enough to have a class canceled and day off at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back