XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Blaster man']
I'm seriously considering Metro but I really prefer physical copies. Do I wait it out and hope for $10 on a physical copy or do I buy this...?[/QUOTE]
That game has been out for over two years and I dare say cheapest it's ever been was around $12.99 or so used last year at Gamefly. Since then I don't think I've ever seen any deals for it for $10 or less on 360.

[quote name='KanYozakura']God, I'm so sick of these bullshit "sales" of DLC that has already been on sale a bajillion times and has a GOTY option (Batman). I just know they'll put fuck ing Borderlands/Fallout DLC on sale again before the end of the year. How about a shmup sale or something MS?[/QUOTE]
Ummm, you did see the SHMUP sale a couple months back, not to mention "Sine Mora" in the S&S+ app? How many more SHMUP's are there that HAVEN'T been on sale in 2012 ...

... and just how long can you really keep flying up or right? :lol:

[quote name='bardockkun']That game has been out for over two years and I dare say cheapest it's ever been was around $12.99 or so used last year at Gamefly. Since then I don't think I've ever seen any deals for it for $10 or less on 360.[/QUOTE]
Given that "Metro: Last Light" will be coming out soon, the price on used copies will remain high through at least 2 months after launch, as people scrounge for copies of the original to fill out the story.

[quote name='Cornelius']Ummm, you did see the SHMUP sale a couple months back, not to mention "Sine Mora" in the S&S+ app? How many more SHMUP's are there that HAVEN'T been on sale in 2012 ...

... and just how long can you really keep flying up or right? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Akai Katana, Otomedius and Deathsmiles 2 are all on GoD and could go on sale. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

I would settle for just Deathsmiles on sale though as paying that much for a game they didn't even localize is never going to happen for me.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Appreciated none the less, though am curious to inquire....is Saints Row 2 only fun to play if co-op, or just more compound excitement that it would seem foolish to do so otherwise?

Thanks regardless.[/QUOTE]

As I said, thats just my preference. Saints 2 is by no means something to skip all together simply because you'll be playing alone. Many think its the best of the series, myself included. I just can't see myself spending as much time with it as I did without my buddy tagging along.

I would kill if for them to bring Culdcept Saga to GoD. I wouldn't even wait for a sale. It's one of those games I'd love to be able to load up instantly at any given moment. Doesn't seem like its ever going to happen though.

Also, I already inquired in the rewards thread but I know this one sees a lot more traffic. Does anyone know if the GoD Alice: Madness Returns includes the original game included in the purchase like the retail version? Or would it still need to be purchased additionally?

[quote name='Cornelius']Given that "Metro: Last Light" will be coming out soon, the price on used copies will remain high through at least 2 months after launch, as people scrounge for copies of the original to fill out the story.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, Best Buy had reprints of for $10 a couple months prior to Darksiders 2 release. I wonder if they'll work out some promo like that with THQ again?

I picked up Metro 2033 and You Don't Know Jack. I hope Metro isn't too scary. I couldn't finish Dead Space 1 or 2, didn't even touch FEAR for more than five minutes, and Amnesia and Resident Evil 4 were a hell no. All were great games, but just too scary. I'm such a baby.

Am I the only one who hasn't received the dashboard update? I'm Atlanta, GA.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I picked up Metro 2033 and You Don't Know Jack. Am I the only one who hasn't received the dashboard update? I'm Atlanta, GA.[/QUOTE]

Upstate NY and I don't have it yet either

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I picked up Metro 2033 and You Don't Know Jack. I hope Metro isn't too scary. I couldn't finish Dead Space 1 or 2, didn't even touch FEAR for more than five minutes, and Amnesia and Resident Evil 4 were a hell no. All were great games, but just too scary. I'm such a baby.

Am I the only one who hasn't received the dashboard update? I'm Atlanta, GA.[/QUOTE]

Atlanta too and haven't received it. A little annoyed but what can you do.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Am I the only one who hasn't received the dashboard update? I'm Atlanta, GA.[/QUOTE]

I haven't yet either. Don't think region has anything to do with it. My roommate got his first thing yesterday morning while mine 10 feet away still hasn't.

[quote name='Inbox']
why do the prices have msp prices and cash value... u cannot buy any games with msp
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Inbox']
Just to inform everyone. you cannont purchase the games on demand with microsoft points even though it says u can in the op.
[/QUOTE]

"Stop spreading lies and fake facts."

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I picked up Metro 2033 and You Don't Know Jack. I hope Metro isn't too scary. I couldn't finish Dead Space 1 or 2, didn't even touch FEAR for more than five minutes, and Amnesia and Resident Evil 4 were a hell no. All were great games, but just too scary. I'm such a baby.[/QUOTE]

Haha! I hear ya man but that feeling is what hooks me and keeps me coming back. God I love Amnesia.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I picked up Metro 2033 and You Don't Know Jack. I hope Metro isn't too scary. I couldn't finish Dead Space 1 or 2, didn't even touch FEAR for more than five minutes, and Amnesia and Resident Evil 4 were a hell no. All were great games, but just too scary. I'm such a baby.

Am I the only one who hasn't received the dashboard update? I'm Atlanta, GA.[/QUOTE]

Thinking about Metro 2033. Did you see the YDKJ packs are 100pts each as well(75% off)? Highly recommended. Includes 30 stock "episodes", but you can only play through them a couple of times before you remember the answers. Each extra pack adds 10 more. If you purchased them all, you would be starting with 70, thus making it much harder to memorize any of them for some time.

Also, FEAR becomes a good shooter, much less scary after the first few levels, but oooooo.... those first few levels are for Oct 31.

I just tried out the single player demo for Apples to Apples. This is NOTHING like the card game... it's basically just a word-search puzzle. WTF? Is the multiplayer game any better? And is there still an online community?

[quote name='sassylaurie']Thinking about Metro 2033. Did you see the YDKJ packs are 100pts each as well(75% off)? Highly recommended. Includes 30 stock "episodes", but you can only play through them a couple of times before you remember the answers. Each extra pack adds 10 more. If you purchased them all, you would be starting with 70, thus making it much harder to memorize any of them for some time.

Also, FEAR becomes a good shooter, much less scary after the first few levels, but oooooo.... those first few levels are for Oct 31.[/QUOTE]

Just got the game at Kmart for $4

Got the first two packs are the last two worth it?

[quote name='DJP519']I just tried out the single player demo for Apples to Apples. This is NOTHING like the card game... it's basically just a word-search puzzle. WTF? Is the multiplayer game any better? And is there still an online community?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I am glad I did not buy it, as I would never play it unless 3 friends were over, and not many people will want to play apples to apples on xbox lol

[quote name='WV Matsui']Just got the game at Kmart for $4

Got the first two packs are the last two worth it?[/QUOTE]

At 100 points they're all beyond worth it. More than doubles its episode content.

Just bought the Jack Packs, I don't even care if no one plays it, it's cheap, fun, and funny even by yourself. Not to mention easy achievements!

[quote name='sassylaurie']Thinking about Metro 2033. Did you see the YDKJ packs are 100pts each as well(75% off)? Highly recommended. Includes 30 stock "episodes", but you can only play through them a couple of times before you remember the answers. Each extra pack adds 10 more. If you purchased them all, you would be starting with 70, thus making it much harder to memorize any of them for some time.

Also, FEAR becomes a good shooter, much less scary after the first few levels, but oooooo.... those first few levels are for Oct 31.[/QUOTE] I bought 3 of the 4 YDKJ packs. I only had 372 MS points. I'm not about to pay $5 just to use 28 MS points. My girlfriend absolutely loves trivia games, so she should love this. She's so competitive with BuzzTV.

I only played the demo for the first FEAR. Honestly? It made me cry. I was that terrified. I will never beat it even though it's a solid FPS. I played FEAR 2 and it's an extremely solid FPS. The gunplay was perfect. I actually beat it and wasn't scared once.

[quote name='eastx']

Aww, nobody got my Golden Girls reference. Now I feel like a Golden Girl.

EDIT: Ooga recognized it. High five![/QUOTE]

I also got it. I appreciate the sentiment.

Also, FEAR becomes a good shooter, much less scary after the first few levels, but oooooo.... those first few levels are for Oct 31.[/QUOTE]

YDKJ has 73 episodes in the main game.

I just bought the four Jack Packs and the two Saints Row 2 packs. I haven't even booted up either game yet, but I love all of the Scene It movie trivia games and I love Saints row 3 and Saints row 1.

The reviews for the Saints row 2 DLC packs are bad, but hopefully I get my money's worth with the attack helicopter and the infinite rocket ammo. They should come in handy since I haven't started the game yet.

Just another note about YDNJ. I'm pretty sure that the demo of the game is about 2 or 3 episodes long (could be wrong as it's been about a year since I looked at it) and none of those demo episodes are included in the main game or DLC. So if you are looking to trial it out download the demo and see what you think as you aren't spoiling anything for the main game. And it's a great way to get a few more episodes out of a great game for nothing. I love when a developer makes content specifically for a demo.

[quote name='DJP519']I just tried out the single player demo for Apples to Apples. This is NOTHING like the card game... it's basically just a word-search puzzle. WTF? Is the multiplayer game any better? And is there still an online community?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering how the heck they transferred it to a videogame. I guess I'll save my $2.50 for something else. Thanks.

Has there been any announcement about any Halloween special sales? I see that Bioshock falls under that time frame, but I was wondering about a 1 Day Sale. Was hoping they would put up Resident Evil 4 HD or maybe Code Veronica HD.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Has there been any announcement about any Halloween special sales? I see that Bioshock falls under that time frame, but I was wondering about a 1 Day Sale. Was hoping they would put up Resident Evil 4 HD or maybe Code Veronica HD.[/QUOTE]

Shocktober starts next week.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Shocktober starts next week.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I guess I missed it while looking over the first post.

The multiplayer is pretty much the normal card game. The single player is retarded though, I'll agree on that front.

For people interested in achievements, the game is an easy 200, even if playing 500 online games is a bit of a grind (and you'll probably have to boost for).

I can't recommend YDKJ enough! Even alone, it's a blast! If anyone ever wants to play online, feel free to add me. I hope Duke Nukem 3D and DOOM are part of the 50% Shocktober sales.

[quote name='KanYozakura']God, I'm so sick of these bullshit "sales" of DLC that has already been on sale a bajillion times and has a GOTY option (Batman). I just know they'll put fuck ing Borderlands/Fallout DLC on sale again before the end of the year. How about a shmup sale or something MS?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='biledriver']Akai Katana, Otomedius and Deathsmiles 2 are all on GoD and could go on sale. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

I would settle for just Deathsmiles on sale though as paying that much for a game they didn't even localize is never going to happen for me.[/QUOTE]

That's dangerous speak there. I remember when I also wanted some variety in sales and wished for a SNK sale for weeks on end (I still do, because NeoGeo Battle Colosseum and Garou: Mark of the Wolves still haven't seen a discount). The XBLA Metal Slug and KOF games went on sale and I was so happy, but then the rest of an earlier edition of this very thread here groaned about how it was a sale which were of titles they would not play. There were more hate posts than positive reaction posts here. I had thought it was a wonderful sale since most the offered items had never been offered before, and I was shocked at how few, if any, shared my excitement. Sure, in the selfish manner, I still enjoyed getting the games finally at a discount, but it shed some light on me that sales for popular games are the only ones which can be met with an equally positive reaction. I love Costume Quest a lot, it's outstanding, while I understand it is the right season for the game, it has seen many sales, yet it did not get the same negative reaction as when niche titles are offered for the first time ever.

There had been shooting game sales in the past which involved KOF Sky Stage (from the aforementioned SNK sale I wanted), Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Trouble Witches Neo, Space Invaders: Infinity Gene, R-type Dimensions, Sine Mora, etc. There still are shooting games I still desire on discount like Deathsmiles 2X, Raiden 4, and all the Otomedius Excellent DLC. I have come to terms such a sale just cannot compare to selling DLC available on GOTY/complete editions. They are GOTY/complete because more people simply like the titles, and so maybe the Live team recognizes sales for those specific game content appeals to a larger group of people.

[quote name='benjamouth']SR3 DLC is not great but I'd say "The Trouble with Clones" was the best of the bunch, the "Saints Flow" bit was almost worth the price of admission alone.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of which, I did enjoy my time with Saints Row: The Third. I agree that the silly "Saints Flow" segment was quite fun for being a different (although short lived). I had thought it was nice to get the season pass on discount. Now, with a couple of the costumes DLC on sale for this week, I can't help but remember there is a Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package edition due out that I want to wait for to be on (store) discount. This is one time I didn't wait out on a complete edition because I didn't expect one, but I think I'd still save more by getting it than buying up the individual little DLC items (which I do sort of want, because the content seems to add some silly costumes).

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo for Apples to Apples is absolutely worthless since it doesn't let you play the online game which is pretty much the card game you would be familiar with. They should have let you play one or two multiplayer games in the demo so you could see what it was really like, similar to what Star Trek D.A.C. did. They likely lost sales from people who only played the demo and thought "WTF?" So stupid.

Note to completionists: Apples to Apples now has an unobtainable achievement since they removed facebook integration.

Do NOT play YDKJ online versus randoms. There are answer keys available, so you're likely asking for trouble. BUT, most of the online achievements involve LOSING, so in that regard, some people might intentionally throw games for achievements.

I was going to pick up Warhammer 40k: Kill Team,but after playing the trial realised it has no online co-op. What a waste! Pass.

Virtua Fighter 2 (which you can switch between Versions 2.0 & 2.1), Fighting Vipers (with Mahler, the secret character from the Saturn version), Sonic The Fighters (with Metal Sonic, Eggman, & hidden-on-ROM Honey The Cat now playable), Virtua Strikers, and the original Virtua On (not the one currently on XBLA) are all coming to XBLA/PSN. The fighting games will be 800 MSP each, and it seems there'll be a bundle in Japan for about $20 for all 3 of them, while VS & VO are coming early next year. All of them will have online play and enhanced features, some of which are listed above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLUHKE6gyI

Saints Row 3 DLC is tempting but considering none of the stuff carries over into the full game I'm going to pass on it. Still can't decided whether or not to pull the trigger on Metro.

[quote name='xbox_man']just because i got the resident evil codes from trades they will prob go on sale for the shocktober sale lol[/QUOTE]

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing.

[quote name='Zonic505']Virtua Fighter 2 (which you can switch between Versions 2.0 & 2.1), Fighting Vipers (with Mahler, the secret character from the Saturn version), Sonic The Fighters (with Metal Sonic, Eggman, & hidden-on-ROM Honey The Cat now playable), Virtua Strikers, and the original Virtua On (not the one currently on XBLA) are all coming to XBLA/PSN. The fighting games will be 800 MSP each, and it seems there'll be a bundle in Japan for about $20 for all 3 of them, while VS & VO are coming early next year. All of them will have online play and enhanced features, some of which are listed above.[/QUOTE]

There are too many fighting games in the world.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I would kill if for them to bring Culdcept Saga to GoD. I wouldn't even wait for a sale. It's one of those games I'd love to be able to load up instantly at any given moment. Doesn't seem like its ever going to happen though.[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of anyone actually enjoying this game before. Care to offer a recommendation?

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I have never heard of anyone actually enjoying this game before. Care to offer a recommendation?[/QUOTE]

Big fan of Culdcept here as well. Just such a fresh experience. But yeah, it's dead in the US and not like it was that alive anyway.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I have never heard of anyone actually enjoying this game before. Care to offer a recommendation?[/QUOTE]

I actually bought my 360 because of Culdcept Saga. Love the series, but that's because I know my taste in games is quite different from many other people and I am proud of it. This is why I cannot recommend any game to anyone, most everyone else is all "WTF is this $#|+?! I can't self-pleasure myself to this!" with my choice games.

[quote name='Zonic505']Virtua Fighter 2 (which you can switch between Versions 2.0 & 2.1), Fighting Vipers (with Mahler, the secret character from the Saturn version), Sonic The Fighters (with Metal Sonic, Eggman, & hidden-on-ROM Honey The Cat now playable), Virtua Strikers, and the original Virtua On (not the one currently on XBLA) are all coming to XBLA/PSN. The fighting games will be 800 MSP each, and it seems there'll be a bundle in Japan for about $20 for all 3 of them, while VS & VO are coming early next year. All of them will have online play and enhanced features, some of which are listed above.[/QUOTE]

Yes! The original Virtual On: Cyber Troopers with the two Fei-Yen units (prototype replica of the original actual Fei-Yen mech of unknown origins/motives), not the nerfed Fei-Yen KN mass produced units of the sequels! I feel asking 800MSP for each and every one of those Model 2 games is a bit much, but knowing it is Sega, I think it has a good chance of a sale I can wait for. I am still waiting on the Sega Vintage Collection XBLA titles to get a discount. However, I may get Virtual On: Cyber Troopers on release because I used to be the only person in arcades which played it well enough (until one faithful day I met some other rare being who played Apharmd and Raiden at an almost equivalent level, we had to continue to challenge one another because there never were any challengers around). A shame the Xbox 360 twin sticks controller designed for the Virtual On games from Hori is over $300 for me, =(.

EDIT: I am so happy I get to play a non-nerfed version of my choice Virtuaroid, I'll just hide a video of another odd game that only I would enjoy (sadly for another platform, but wish there was a XBLA edition of it, curse you Sega and your non-multiplatform games) with the Vocaloid Hatsune Miku dressed as the Virtuaroid Fei-Yen at the end
[youtube]-268BWypmXE#![/youtube]
. That's why I feel platform exclusives, like Culdcept Saga are reason enough for me to get a particular platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guitarguy']Metro worth it?[/QUOTE]

Never played it but I've heard pretty good things, especially in terms of the atmosphere and the way it blends an FPS and a with survival horror game. Been waiting to check out Metro 2033 for awhile now and at $9.99 its too good to pass up.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Has there been any announcement about any Halloween special sales? I see that Bioshock falls under that time frame, but I was wondering about a 1 Day Sale. Was hoping they would put up Resident Evil 4 HD or maybe Code Veronica HD.[/QUOTE]
For what its worth, Microsoft still has the page up from last year's "Shocktober" sales. They did 2 weeks of sales with certain games on sale for one week each. Here is week one and here is week two. This is just to get an idea what type of games were on sale last year and to purely speculate what we may see this year.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']
Also, I already inquired in the rewards thread but I know this one sees a lot more traffic. Does anyone know if the GoD Alice: Madness Returns includes the original game included in the purchase like the retail version? Or would it still need to be purchased additionally?[/QUOTE]

The original Alice is availble as a 800 MSP add-on to Alice MR.

I picked up YDKJ and all its packs last night plus Apples to Apples and its DLC. Right now I'm buying Metro 2033 and Darksiders on GoD plus probably The Wreckateer. I'll pass on the Batman AC DLC and get the GOTY whenever it's < $20.

I'm tempted to grab another copy of SR2 and buy the DLC because I always wanted to play it, but it's been so long I doubt I'll ever get around to it. Great game though! I'll stick with completing SR3's DLC.

Let's hope for a great Shocktober! I'm sure it will be great for the October Rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back