XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sicsonic']it's worth $20 though if you truly WANT to play it.[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth $20 when it's patched to match where the PC version is, or at least gets closer. Which is why I wait and don't mind waiting more to see if a $5 price drop happens in the meantime.

Then again to people like me, Minecraft is more silly novelty. I will never design things or anything and get real into it. So it's value is much reduced to me. It's hard for me to even put together it's draw at all. It's basically a grind or an interactive lego set.

That's never going to be worth $20 to me but that doesn't mean it isn't worth that to many, many people.

Maybe a weird question, but since they're both on sale...is there any difference between "Bonfire of the Vanities" and "Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations"? The Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, that is.

The latter is cheaper and seems to have more content. Any reason to buy the other?

[quote name='Perfidious Sinn']is there any difference between "Bonfire of the Vanities" and "Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations"? The Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, that is.

The latter is cheaper and seems to have more content. Any reason to buy the other?[/QUOTE]

I was just going to ask the same thing.

I have another question though.
I have Assassins Creed 2 Game of Year Edition.
I know it includes the battle of Forli, but i am not sure about the other dlc.
Also is the dlc built onto the disc, or am i missing the redeem codes?

One more thing.
Is there a Assassins Creed Revelations Edition that includes all of , or most of, the dlc on sale?

[quote name='xbox_man']I was just going to ask the same thing.

I have another question though.
I have Assassins Creed 2 Game of Year Edition.
I know it includes the battle of Forli, but i am not sure about the other dlc.
Also is the dlc built onto the disc, or am i missing the redeem codes?

One more thing.
Is there a Assassins Creed Revelations Edition that includes all of , or most of, the dlc on sale?[/QUOTE]

from amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-II-Classics-Edition/dp/B003XU6U5S

Assassin’s Creed 2 Game of The Year Includes:

Assassin's Creed 2 full game
Both DLC packs remastered onto the game disc : Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities. No need to download any content to play!
3 Templar Secret Location remastered onto the game disc (Palazzo Medici + Santa Maria dei Frari + Arsenal Shipyard), previously only available in the Assassin's Creed 2 Black Edition. No need to download any content to play!

so it includes Bonfire of the Vanities and Secret Locations. and all DLCs are built into disc according to amazon, for UK edition anyway.

Assassins Creed Revelations: The Lost Archive includes some features already included in certain special editions of this game (Animus/Collector/Signature/Ottoman/Utimate), Vlad the Impaler's Prison being the main one.

[quote name='Perfidious Sinn']Maybe a weird question, but since they're both on sale...is there any difference between "Bonfire of the Vanities" and "Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations"? The Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, that is.

The latter is cheaper and seems to have more content. Any reason to buy the other?[/QUOTE]
Secret Locations includes "3 Templar Secret Location [...] (Palazzo Medici + Santa Maria dei Frari + Arsenal Shipyard), previously only available in the Assassin's Creed 2 Black Edition."

Thanks for the info.

Them putting both versions on there is a little confusing. Especially considering the sale made the "better" version of the DLC cheaper!

alright, I bought the first Assassin's Creed and didn't like it at all. is ACII enough of an improvement to change my mind? I hear so many great things about the series that I want to give it a chance. But 1 was bordering on boring/bad.

$10 seems like a good deal considering I haven't been able to find a cheap used copy.

[quote name='dirtyvu']alright, I bought the first Assassin's Creed and didn't like it at all. is ACII enough of an improvement to change my mind? I hear so many great things about the series that I want to give it a chance. But 1 was bordering on boring/bad.

$10 seems like a good deal considering I haven't been able to find a cheap used copy.[/QUOTE]
I'm on the same boat with you. The first Assassin's Creed was terrible, except the eagle Swan dive to the hay. I thought that was hilarious and pushing people to the water so they can all die. After that game, I decided not to pick up any other AC series, but my friends seem to love them.

Assassin's Creed 2 is much better than the original. The controls are different but feel much more capable and it's a lot easier to do some badass-looking stuff. They diversify the mission variety and sidequests, which practically eliminates the big problem of repetition from the first game.

Also, the story is pretty interesting and more focused on making you care about the core cast. Ezio is so much more likable than Altair.

To sum it up, I don't like Assassin's Creed 1 that much either. Assassin's Creed 2 is one of my favorite games of this generation. Well worth $10, I'd say.

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm thinking about picking up Bully: Scholarship edition. Any thoughts about that game and it's current price?[/QUOTE]

I downloaded it and I think bestbuy.com had it at $14.99 used or preowned last time I checked. I love it, so many things to do. I love open world games though and Bully is a high school version of open world games.

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm on the same boat with you. The first Assassin's Creed was terrible, except the eagle Swan dive to the hay. I thought that was hilarious and pushing people to the water so they can all die. After that game, I decided not to pick up any other AC series, but my friends seem to love them.[/QUOTE]
If you like this, at least check out the Mafia II demo since there are docks with people on them that you can shove into the water to their underwater graves that brought me a lot of entertainment.

I may have to go for Bully if I get around to it, though I'd like to know if all of the technical issues have been addressed from anybody that has played it recently.

I actually really liked Assassin's Creed a lot due to the sandbox nature of the gameplay that reminded me a lot of Crackdown with stealth elements in place of superpowers. Though I really enjoyed ACII, the change to more of a GTA structure to the campaign was a disappointment at first.

Same as others, I'm thinking of some assassin creed GoD games or sleeping dogs GoD game..

I enjoy playing games, so which one would I have more fun playing?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I may have to go for Bully if I get around to it, though I'd like to know if all of the technical issues have been addressed from anybody that has played it recently.[/QUOTE]
I didn't play it recently, but I played it post-patch (2009-ish) and didn't have any of the problems I just read about with some Google-fu. It's a really fun game, the kind that should be moved near the top of any backlog, IMO.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I may have to go for Bully if I get around to it, though I'd like to know if all of the technical issues have been addressed from anybody that has played it recently.[/QUOTE]

In 10-12 hours to play I've had the scripting break in 1 encounter (i think using a vending machine in the middle of a mission-specific fight did this) and I had another issue where if i watched a cutscene in int's entirety it looped the final part of the mission again. After doing the final part for a 3rd time, i skipped the cutscene and it ended the mission correctly.

There are times when the frame rate is all over the place, but overall I would say it's fine. I wouldn't be scared off by technical issues, but you should except some. It honestly hasn't impacted my enjoyment of the game at all.

[quote name='simmias']I didn't play it recently, but I played it post-patch (2009-ish) and didn't have any of the problems I just read about with some Google-fu. It's a really fun game, the kind that should be moved near the top of any backlog, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I played it about 18 months ago, and I experienced no glitches. There may have been one or two moments where the music started making weird noises but certainly nothing that would cause any real grief.

One thing that people do complain about is the completion achivement, saying they've done everything and are still around 99.5 or something.

It's a fantastic game. I even completed all of the achievements (didn't have a problem with that achievement I mentioned).

I'm thinking about getting all the walking dead episodes, got some questions. Do you always have to go back to the menu after each episode to go in the next? Also how do I know if I'll get 5% back or off or whatever when I get the episodes? I'll spend 2000 msp and get 100 right.

[quote name='D0RC']I'm thinking about getting all the walking dead episodes, got some questions. Do you always have to go back to the menu after each episode to go in the next? Also how do I know if I'll get 5% back or off or whatever when I get the episodes? I'll spend 2000 msp and get 100 right.[/QUOTE]

yes, you go back to the menu that in which you push play. It's not like the Netflix where it goes in to the next episode at the end of the episode.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']yes, you go back to the menu that in which you push play. It's not like the Netflix where it goes in to the next episode at the end of the episode.[/QUOTE]

Thanks nm about the 5% rebate, I think its just 1% or 2%.

[quote name='dirtyvu']alright, I bought the first Assassin's Creed and didn't like it at all. is ACII enough of an improvement to change my mind? I hear so many great things about the series that I want to give it a chance. But 1 was bordering on boring/bad.

$10 seems like a good deal considering I haven't been able to find a cheap used copy.[/QUOTE]

HELL YEAH !!

It feels like it's not even the same series anymore.
99% of the problems with AC1 were fixed for AC2 and they introduced a lot more great mechanics, locations, quest variety.

Not to mention, Eagle Diving from famous Renaissance era architecture never gets old !

alright, I think I'm sold on getting ACII.

my next question is... is there continuity in the storyline? meaning, will I be missing a good chunk of the story if I skip AC1?

I'd rather skip it... :p

[quote name='dirtyvu']alright, I think I'm sold on getting ACII.

my next question is... is there continuity in the storyline? meaning, will I be missing a good chunk of the story if I skip AC1?

I'd rather skip it... :p[/QUOTE]
the story for AC1 and 2 are like the most important parts

[quote name='dirtyvu']alright, I think I'm sold on getting ACII.

I'd rather skip it... :p[/QUOTE]

Just look it up online. Make sure you JUST look up AC1 though, apparently IGN's "Assassin's Creed in 5 minutes" covers ALL of them up to 3.

[quote name='biledriver']I think it's worth $20 when it's patched to match where the PC version is, or at least gets closer. Which is why I wait and don't mind waiting more to see if a $5 price drop happens in the meantime.

Then again to people like me, Minecraft is more silly novelty. I will never design things or anything and get real into it. So it's value is much reduced to me. It's hard for me to even put together it's draw at all. It's basically a grind or an interactive lego set.

That's never going to be worth $20 to me but that doesn't mean it isn't worth that to many, many people.[/QUOTE]

That is so much more of a well-reasoned and fair response to Minecraft than the typical "I just don't get it." Whether or not you enjoy the building and designing or whatever, not being able to understand why people would like those activities seems pretty small-minded to me.

[quote name='simmias']:applause: I'm stealing that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='OregonDealz']I thought it was funny.[/QUOTE]

My belated thanks, gentlemen. :)

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Skip AC 1. ACII is the start of a brand new protagonist, Ezio.[/QUOTE]

The true protagonist is Desmond and his story starts in AC1.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']If I start a series I start with part 1 end of
discussion =P you can't just skip them that's just not right =P lol[/QUOTE]

I normally agree, but with AC I couldn't even finish the game because it just was not that fun to me, but ACII is one of my favorite games I have played on the 360. I picked up Brotherhood for 800 points this week and got Revelations for 8 bucks on amazon a couple weeks ago so I will be able to finally get back into the AC saga after I get through Saints Row 3.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']If I start a series I start with part 1 end of discussion =P you can't just skip them that's just not right =P lol[/QUOTE]

Like many other people have said, I would do the same thing, except Ass Creed 1 is so repetitive that I couldn't finish it. I couldn't start Ass Creed 2 until I finished 1, so what happened is that I haven't played any Ass Creed games in about 2 years.

Trust us, just start with 2. You will be a better person in the end.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']

Trust us, just start with 2. You will be a better person in the end.[/QUOTE]

I tried AssCreed 1 for 10 min, haven't touched any others since, and I'm a fantastic person.

I will support the "start with AC2" movement. The gameplay in AC1 was boring and repetitive, and made me very hesitant to buy AC2. You can always watch youtube videos or read the wiki's to learn about what happened in AC1. Then play through the rest of the games. (It'll also save you a ton of time.)

P.S. I loved the other AC games; currently still playing AC3 so can't offer a good opinion on it til I'm done.

I disagree with mostly everyone here. It won't hurt to play AC1, it's not like you will be infected with some plague. I've played AC1 for about 4 years until I got AC2, and I don't regret it. Overall the assassinations are much better because you can plan them out in any way you can using clues and tips you get from doing the required missions beforehand. I'm not saying you should collect every flag, but play for the initial storyline and assassinations. Also if it's that bad, you could play AC1 alongside AC2, but I wouldn't just forget about AC1 completely. The main thing is the assassinations in this game. I do agree that this game is very repetitive, but at least give it a try.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I tried AssCreed 1 for 10 min, haven't touched any others since, and I'm a fantastic person.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, but think how even more fantastic you would be if you had started with the second one! :booty:

I think eventually I'll go back to AC1. But like SirChadlyOC said, I think if I stick with AC1 first, lack of motivation due to having to slog it through 1 will keep me from ever getting to 2.

I put in a solid few hours into 1 when I first got it, and it felt like work. Haven't touched it for months now and most likely wouldn't have ever touched the series again until people started telling me how great 2 was.

[quote name='darkrun']I disagree with mostly everyone here. It won't hurt to play AC1, it's not like you will be infected with some plague. I've played AC1 for about 4 years until I got AC2, and I don't regret it. Overall the assassinations are much better because you can plan them out in any way you can using clues and tips you get from doing the required missions beforehand. I'm not saying you should collect every flag, but play for the initial storyline and assassinations. Also if it's that bad, you could play AC1 alongside AC2, but I wouldn't just forget about AC1 completely. The main thing is the assassinations in this game. I do agree that this game is very repetitive, but at least give it a try.[/QUOTE]

Its a game you should definitely play since its the first and it sets up the Desmond story. It isnt the best but I felt like the story after one got weird, AC2 was the first 1000/1000 I got though.

2 is definitely the best one, currently playing Revelations MP to get the cheevos and people who consistently play the MP of this series are IDIOTS.

I really dont like it

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I was browsing XBLDB and happened to notice that even more Guitar Hero/DJ Hero DLC is on sale, though the selection is mostly crap, IMO. I squeezed 'em into the OP, but here they are again (without hyperlinks, because I'm a doodoohead):

Motörhead Track Pack (GH3) - 250 MSP ($3.13) - 50% off
The Killers Track Pack (GHWT) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
Fall Out Boy Track Pack (GH5) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
KISS-mas Track Pack (GH:WoR) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
Indie Hip Hop Mix Pack (DJH2) - 320 MSP ($4.00) - 50% off
deadmau5 Head - Red (Avatar Item) - 160 MSP ($2.00) - 50% off

Spylon, if you're reading this - your site didn't pick up the KISS-mas pack discount. I remember you asking me about similar things in a lengthy post several pages back, but frankly I'm not sure how I can assist you further.

I've never made a habit of buying avatar items, but I have to admit I'm tempted by the deadmau5 head.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it seem's I'm always catching up on this thread, very busy time of year.

The issue is on xbox.com but I think I can fix it on my end. If I can fix it before the sale is over it will be caught and I'll just need to manually adjust the start date. If it is missed then I'll have to add the whole thing manually.

FYI, the best way to contact me is by posting a comment or new thread on xbldb. This thread moves too fast and I can't keep up.

Thanks

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Ahh, but think how even more fantastic you would be if you had started with the second one! :booty:[/QUOTE]

The world is unprepared for such splendor. :cool:

Well guys, do you think the list for the 12 one day sales for the end of the year will leak like last year? Really hope so :)

[quote name='E.Nich']Well guys, do you think the list for the 12 one day sales for the end of the year will leak like last year? Really hope so :)[/QUOTE]

I do think that if it does leak, it won't be soon enough. hah

Pro-tip on AC1: If you like achievements, look up the Conversationalist achievement for this game before you start.

I think the feeling of AC1 was cool. The actual game may not have been as great as the ones that follow it, but I don't think they ever got the feeling of the environment of AC1 back. It's worth playing for that (and to genuinely appreciate the better mechanics of the following games).

I don't know how many people check the Contests and Free Stuff boards, so I thought I'd post this here in case any one missed it. Some people (myself included) have downloaded the Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack for free. You have to boot up Halo 4 and then go to the Downloadable Content (Xbox Live Market) link. The price (for some of us) showed up as zero.

This seems to be a US only deal... Here's the original link through Gamefaqs...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64879917

I can confirm that I downloaded the Crimson Maps and played an online match of capture the flag without problem.

forza rally expansion comes out next week for $20 but it comes with $50 season pass and could that go on sale for 12 days of christmas for half off so for $5 more I could get season pass I really want to get the expansion day 1 but could wait a week anyone know?

[quote name='otangz']I don't know how many people check the Contests and Free Stuff boards, so I thought I'd post this here in case any one missed it. Some people (myself included) have downloaded the Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack for free. You have to boot up Halo 4 and then go to the Downloadable Content (Xbox Live Market) link. The price (for some of us) showed up as zero.

This seems to be a US only deal... Here's the original link through Gamefaqs...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64879917

I can confirm that I downloaded the Crimson Maps and played an online match of capture the flag without problem.[/QUOTE]

OMG! thank you so much!!!! I never check that forum. I should though.

that's a major snafu for Microsoft! I wonder how much money they're losing on that mistake. can they take it away? i don't think they can. and I wonder if they'll try to make you pay for it.

I remember when a similar mistake was done for the Cold Stream DLC for Left 4 Dead 2 but they were able to stop that mistake by having the download stop at 99% and never continuing. and it wasn't in the purchase history.

Otangz, you are the man! I just downloaded it for free. Thanks for posting this here. I rarely check the contests and free stuff board so I would have totally missed it.

[quote name='otangz']https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/sta...54316253507584

According to Xbox Support on Twitter they are letting us keep the map pack... They say it's their mistake and if we can nab it, it's on them.

Are people still getting this.? I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.[/QUOTE]
The last time they said this, which was when they posted XBL Rewards points to people's accounts multiple times instead of once like they intended, and they took them away anyway despite claiming the contrary.

I can see them removing it from the purchase history so that if you ever need to redownload it again, you're screwed.

Otherwise, they can't do anything once it's on your hard drive.

[quote name='boris1']forza rally expansion comes out next week for $20 but it comes with $50 season pass and could that go on sale for 12 days of christmas for half off so for $5 more I could get season pass I really want to get the expansion day 1 but could wait a week anyone know?[/QUOTE]

That is an amazing run-on sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back