XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='HyperG']Went ahead and got TWD episodes 2-5, episode 1 was good enough for me to go for the rest.[/QUOTE]

Same here,

Almost beat episode 3 tonight.

[quote name='Barry Burton']the glitches aren't that bad, don't miss out on this amazing story and characters[/QUOTE]

I'll back you up on that one. I never thought the save-eating glitch was enough to ruin the game for me. In fact, I just finished the last episode - powerful ending, too. May or may not have teared up over it.

Walking Dead (game, obviously) spoilers, heads up.

Seriously, don't click if you don't want to have the ending spoiled.

Last warning.

I had Clem leave Lee behind, handcuffed to the radiator. Just couldn't imagine making a little girl shoot someone she cared about so much like that, especially since he was no longer a threat. Surprised to see the stats say that I was in the minority with that decision. I don't think any other game's made me feel that emotional.

So yeah, really looking forward to the next season and seeing what they do with it.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I'll back you up on that one. I never thought the save-eating glitch was enough to ruin the game for me. In fact, I just finished the last episode - powerful ending, too. May or may not have teared up over it.

So yeah, really looking forward to the next season and seeing what they do with it.[/QUOTE]

I hated parts of Ep 5...

the whole stranger scenario seemed a bit out of place.

wish i hadn't passed on borderlands 1 for $9.99. even though i have a GOTY disc. by the time i'd be ready for the GOTY DLC it will be on sale again (DLC) or permanent price drop. but this would have been a perfect excuse to unload the game to recoup some $.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Considering the 25th anniversary of Mega Man was recent (coupled with the holiday sale), I'm surprised there has not been a sale with either Mega Man game :([/QUOTE]

Yep, disappointing with the lack of any Mega Man sale. :(

Will buy Crazy Taxi for sure - heard the port is terrible, but just for 200 i'm in. See MS? Even the garbage sell if you slash the price enough. :lol:

I recommend The Splatters at current price. It's fun until you reach the last levels, which requies a lot of precision.

I had a feeling Crazy Taxi was going to be 200, and I told myself if it was, I'd cave. And I did. :p

Does anyone think Street Fighter 3 has a chance of being 400? I'm hoping so, even though I know it'll likely be 600.

[quote name='sicsonic']I had a feeling Crazy Taxi was going to be 200, and I told myself if it was, I'd cave. And I did. :p

Does anyone think Street Fighter 3 has a chance of being 400? I'm hoping so, even though I know it'll likely be 600.[/QUOTE]
I Was basically about to post how I hope it's 400 as well. I Think it's been on sale at least 3-4 times now already for 600 points, so I can only hope that now is the time they mark it down to that cheap.

Though if it's only half off then I figure I'll just keep waiting.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Was basically about to post how I hope it's 400 as well. I Think it's been on sale at least 3-4 times now already for 600 points, so I can only hope that now is the time they mark it down to that cheap.

Though if it's only half off then I figure I'll just keep waiting.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I feel the same.

[quote name='Polerand']Not a sale, but it seems Retro City Rampage is finally headed to XBLA next week (Jan. 2nd).[/QUOTE]

FINALLY!!! I've already 100%'d it on PC, but I'll most likely buy it Day 1 just to support that guy and the years of work he put in this.

[quote name='tribalnoise']wish i hadn't passed on borderlands 1 for $9.99. even though i have a GOTY disc. by the time i'd be ready for the GOTY DLC it will be on sale again (DLC) or permanent price drop. but this would have been a perfect excuse to unload the game to recoup some $.[/QUOTE]

I believe the DLC of GOTY is on a separate disc for you to install. Install it, then sell the GOTY copy! Too late now.

I was going to wait and simply rent TWD from RedBox for $2 when it comes out on 1/8 but all this talk about the retail version being unplayable scared me. Since Telltale/MS were great in giving episode 1 free and the rest half off I rewarded them with a purchase of the rest. There really is no excuse for such lag and technical issues with such a simple game.
I'll probably still rent the PS3 version since I got the first 2 episodes free there.

And I think I'm done for the sale. I bought Toy Story 3 on disc last Black Friday for $10 and already own Banjo Kazooie N&B and the Dreamcast Collection disc. The Splatters trial didn't interest me nor does Crash Bandicoot CotT. I'll wait for a Skyrim GOTY.

Here's hoping for a good sale Tuesday.

[quote name='sicsonic']
FINALLY!!! I've already 100%'d it on PC, but I'll most likely buy it Day 1 just to support that guy and the years of work he put in this.[/QUOTE]
Same here! The game looks so awesome. I remember reading about it ages ago in Nintendo Power

It's so ridicolous again -.- the GoD titles I would have considered are 19,99€ and 14,99€ over here again a LOT more we have to pay *sigh*

Also apparently they priced Cars 2 for Free over here, but you can't purchase it lol (just the good old "price it accidently for free" stuff)

Wonder how cheap Virtua Fighter will be, only think left that I may buy, hopefully it's cheaper then the last sale that was on it.

[quote name='gtmtnbiker']What's the regular price for the Banjo Kazooie game? Is it $15? Today's price is $9.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah $14.99

DAMN IT, I just accidentally hit the wrong button when buying Toy Story 3 though Xbox.com! I had bought some extra MSP the other day to use and accidentally just charged it to my CC......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And Cars 2 should definitely be $9.99 as well. It's OOS on Walmart.com but listed at 19.99 there, it's 17.99 used at BB (which means new it would probably be $19) and it's $19.99 new at Gamestop as well. I don't care what MSRP might be it's supposed to be a SALE and the NORMAL price is obviously $20 everywhere.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Same here! The game looks so awesome. I remember reading about it ages ago in Nintendo Power[/QUOTE]

This was suppose to be the GTA III NES game originally right?

I just can't pull the trigger on Crazy Taxi even though it's so cheap.

The expired licenses would just send me downstairs to my Dreamcast anyway.

[quote name='Barry Burton']the glitches aren't that bad, don't miss out on this amazing story and characters[/QUOTE]

I have no spine. You guys re-changed my mind and decided to grab it. I guess I'm the one that needs to have his hands held through everything. (By the way, the sale is still up if anyone is wondering. ) I hope mine isn't glitched as bad as they say though.

[quote name='klwillis45']I just can't pull the trigger on Crazy Taxi even though it's so cheap.

The expired licenses would just send me downstairs to my Dreamcast anyway.[/QUOTE]
the gameplay is still fun as ever and anyone passing on a two dollar game because of a five minute sound track and the lack of product placement (although neat the first time) probably didn't enjoy the game enough to play it more anyway. its still a great game. perfect for xbox live's leaderboards and playing for 5 minutes at a time (you gonna run downstairs to play a game like this which is only fun for 10 minutes at a time anyway?)

'original' city is still terrible though arcade for life

I'm the picky type who likes to play games in order so I will pass on Nuts and Bolts and wait for the original Banjo Kazooie to go on sale. Looks like Plants vs. Zombies is the last game I plan on purchasing for the year.

This was a good week for sales. Bravo, Microsoft.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']the gameplay is still fun as ever and anyone passing on a two dollar game because of a five minute sound track and the lack of product placement (although neat the first time) probably didn't enjoy the game enough to play it more anyway. its still a great game. perfect for xbox live's leaderboards and playing for 5 minutes at a time (you gonna run downstairs to play a game like this which is only fun for 10 minutes at a time anyway?)

'original' city is still terrible though arcade for life[/QUOTE]

For the price it's up for now it's certain worth it for nostalgia alone for those who used to love it...and certainly worth it for those to try it and experience an old classic. But honestly I never got into it anyway and I had it back on the DC. I always hated the controls and found it more frustrating than fun...had much more fun playing it in the actual arcade, just didn't translate to a console all that well IMO.

[quote name='Cage017']I'm the picky type who likes to play games in order so I will pass on Nuts and Bolts and wait for the original Banjo Kazooie to go on sale. Looks like Plants vs. Zombies is the last game I plan on purchasing for the year.

This was a good week for sales. Bravo, Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

I can safely say that not playing the BK games in order will not affect your enjoyment of them in the least, lol. I'd probably recommend playing 1-2 in order but this one is so different it won't matter.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Wonder how cheap Virtua Fighter will be, only think left that I may buy, hopefully it's cheaper then the last sale that was on it.[/QUOTE]

I would love 400 points or less. Here's hoping. COME ON SEGA!!!

[quote name='klwillis45']I just can't pull the trigger on Crazy Taxi even though it's so cheap.

The expired licenses would just send me downstairs to my Dreamcast anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely worth it. I am a HUGE Dreamcast fan but even I was blinded by nostalgia. I was so excited to hear the original soundtrack. However, I think this is just as fun and much less annoying. I also purchased Crazy Taxi on my iPhone and within minutes was ready to throw it from the CONSTANT "YA YA YA YA YA!".

Just get it for 200ms points ;)

[quote name='sicsonic']

FINALLY!!! I've already 100%'d it on PC, but I'll most likely buy it Day 1 just to support that guy and the years of work he put in this.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see Hotline Miami make its way over to XBLA.

My thoughts exactly.

Hmmmm I'm actually considering the Raziel and Kain pack at that price. Have had that game in my backlog for so long and that might be just the thing to convince me to play it. Even though if I remember right, it's implemented a bit awkwardly in the game.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I would love 400 points or less. Here's hoping. COME ON SEGA!!![/QUOTE]

I'd definitely be in at that price! I enjoyed the past games in the series and always like getting another fighter to play.

Is the walking dead episodes still on sale I kinda forgot about it yesterday when I got a new Xbox and was transferring everything over from my hard drive.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Is the walking dead episodes still on sale I kinda forgot about it yesterday when I got a new Xbox and was transferring everything over from my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Sorry mate, you're outta luck :drool:

[quote name='Tarheel76']Just an F.Y.I for those interested in the Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, I'd suggest saving your points & hard drive space, & pick up a preowned copy from Best Buy for $7.99 w/ free shipping. (excluding any discounts for you Reward Zone Gamers Club members / Reward Zone certificates)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Banjo-K...1396&skuId=9950537&st=banjo kazooie&lp=2&cp=1

Game On ![/QUOTE]

you fucking beat me too it! ahh just what i was gonna say. good eye

I hear people mention hoping for a recap sale at the end, while that makes a ton of sense, they've never done that in past years have they?

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Is the walking dead episodes still on sale I kinda forgot about it yesterday when I got a new Xbox and was transferring everything over from my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

You can still get episode 1 for free

[quote name='Kromis']Sorry mate, you're outta luck :drool:[/QUOTE]

My 4 year old son decided today he really likes Hydro Thunder, so looks like I missed out on that. I know it's been on sale before, but not sure if it's been 400msp, or just the 33% 800msp or 50% 600msp. Here's hoping for another sale soon.

Anyone have any opinions on the LC:GoL add-on packs? Worth it or no?

[quote name='sassylaurie']My 4 year old son decided today he really likes Hydro Thunder, so looks like I missed out on that. I know it's been on sale before, but not sure if it's been 400msp, or just the 33% 800msp or 50% 600msp. Here's hoping for another sale soon.

Anyone have any opinions on the LC:GoL add-on packs? Worth it or no?[/QUOTE]

Hyro thunder is on sale a lot.

[quote name='sassylaurie']My 4 year old son decided today he really likes Hydro Thunder, so looks like I missed out on that. I know it's been on sale before, but not sure if it's been 400msp, or just the 33% 800msp or 50% 600msp. Here's hoping for another sale soon.

Anyone have any opinions on the LC:GoL add-on packs? Worth it or no?[/QUOTE]

No, the challenge packs were pretty lame from what I played from them. Unless you LOVED the game and have to have more, I'd pass.

I really don't see why they would do a one day repeat sale, and I'm 99.99% sure it won't happen.

im really thinking hard on the banjo game. Compare it to another game that isnt a banjo game...what is it like? ive watched the giantbomb video too.

Banjo Kazooie is $9.99 used on Gamestop too, So I am passing on that one...

But, I am interested in Toy Story and Crash of the titans. I thought Crash would be down to $9.99 new now days anyways, but Amazon is showing it is $155.. Whats up with that? Is it actually rare now days or is someone just stupid and pricing it way too high?

[quote name='tylerh1701']I really don't see why they would do a one day repeat sale, and I'm 99.99% sure it won't happen.[/QUOTE]

While I'm with you on that percentage, maybe you should ask Valve and GOG why they would bother repeating sales in the same sale period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back