XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally a game like Far Cry 3 deserved more love but its late release hurt it. Dishonored is another game deserving of GOTY talk. Mass Effect 3 would have been almost a shoo in I think if it released with the extended ending. The outrage over the ending really clouded the end of a great trilogy.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Mass Effect 3 would have been almost a shoo in I think if it released with the extended ending. The outrage over the ending really clouded the end of a great trilogy.[/QUOTE]
The extended ending was still pretty bad. I guess that's par for the course for sci-fi series these days, especially since it seemed like the ME creators were obsessed with BSG. It's only fitting that they made their series ending as disappointing as BSG's.

I had forgotten that ME3 had come out this year. I think that should get GOTY, but to each their own.

Anyways, is Naughty Bear really that bad? I thought the game would be fun, but it gets a lot more knocks than praises.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']It's a good game[/QUOTE]

I can't vouch for that, having not played either one (though I did get the original for free courtesy of Joystiq). But with its not-so-hot reviews paired with the not-at-all-hot reviews for pretty much everything else 505 has published, I'd say they could use some stronger ammunition, or at least something equivalent to the surprise boost Cooking Mama gave Majesco.

And thank you for not jumping at another opportunity to say "you don't know what you're talking about lololol"

I really dont think there was a clear GOTY. Even with ME3's ending aside there were so many broken features (journal system, lack of ME2 squadmates, no good side missions) that it fell short of GOTY. Walking Dead is fun so far but not stand out yet, Halo 4 was a solid title but not mindblowing, etc.

Why won't they just put the rest of the Oblivion DLC on sale? They only seem to put deals on the DLC that's cheaper to get with the GOTY.

[quote name='sehpirot']Dawnguard reduced only 25%, at 1200 msp[/QUOTE]

Bah, humbug. It was a good run with these sales until now. I guess I'll skip this one.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I refuse to buy Dawnguard until it's at least half off.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to at all knowing I can just download it from the upcoming GOTY.

[quote name='GamerDude316']So did the Skyrim DLC go live yet?[/QUOTE]

I just got the GoD version on xbox.com for $30. Dawnguard is 1200, waiting for Hearthfire to get discounted.

[quote name='nadohawk']I refuse to at all knowing I can just download it from the upcoming GOTY.[/QUOTE]

I'm also waiting for the GOTY version, which I hope is this summer. I only got an Xbox this past fall so I have a lot of catching up to do, and I'm not even done with Fallout 3 GOTY or Oblivion GOTY, along with Assassins Creed which I love.

Don't they still have two huge DLCs that they haven't even released yet for Skyrim? Why do you guys think we'll get a GOTY with all DLC any time soon?

[quote name='simmias']Don't they still have two huge DLCs that they haven't even released yet for Skyrim? Why do you guys think we'll get a GOTY with all DLC any time soon?[/QUOTE]

Some people just get really into waiting for GOTY editions so they save the most money. It's obviously something you wouldn't do for a game you really want to play, but for some CAGs it makes sense.

[quote name='biledriver']Some people just get really into waiting for GOTY editions so they save the most money. It's obviously something you wouldn't do for a game you really want to play, but for some CAGs it makes sense.[/QUOTE]

This

I would have gotten Skyrim on Black Friday 2011 but I didn't have an Xbox. Plus getting MSP via rewards sites doesn't even take that long. I was so jealous because when Skyrim came out everyone was talking about it nonstop. The GOTY version is probably going to be $50 anyways, which I'm fine with.

320 MSP for Hearthfire yay! but 1200 for Dawnguad meh =/ all of them should work with the GoD Version right? =P

EDIT: Interesting 320 MSP for the german version 400 MSP for the english version..lol I would buy the english version if I could change the GoD to english :x

15 bucks for dawnguard? I read someones review saying it wasnt that good. That you explore caves you were already in before, and other vampires fight you even if you are a vampire. is it worth getting?

I played Fez demo and i didnt like it much. My problem was trying to remember all the doors ive already been through, and how to get back to where i started. LOL

Was debating on Virtua Fighter 5, but since the Skyrim DLC appears to be a bust, I'll probably get it anyways since a friend of mine picked it up. Plus, easy cheese mints, so it's all good.

[quote name='The 7th Number']15 bucks for dawnguard? I read someones review saying it wasnt that good. That you explore caves you were already in before, and other vampires fight you even if you are a vampire. is it worth getting?

I played Fez demo and i didnt like it much. My problem was trying to remember all the doors ive already been through, and how to get back to where i started. LOL[/QUOTE]

There are some caves similar to the regular ones at the beginning but there are different ones after that. All of the new locations don't show up unless you have the DLC.

Even if you're a vampire lord, yes, regular vampires will aggro you. The main vampire clan, of course, has political drama so there's that also.

There is a dwarven dungeon related side quest that will take you to ones you've already cleared if you've explored them already to find new items that magically show up with the DLC.

I think it's totally worth it if you're a Skyrim fan, especially at $15. Just make sure you make a hard save before you go into the vampire lord castle for the first time.

I'm pissed that Dawnguard isn't 800 points. It's already freaking been on sale 1200 before and Skyrim has been out for over a year. Oh well, I guess I'll just save my points, even though it was the only thing I was looking forward to with these sales

[quote name='GamerDude316']as silly as it sounds, 400 for Hearthfire is a little high for me. 320 and I would have bought instantly...[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if this is a joke but hearthfire is 400 space bucks normally.

[quote name='GamerDude316']as silly as it sounds, 400 for Hearthfire is a little high for me. 320 and I would have bought instantly...[/QUOTE]

400 is the regular price for Hearthfire not a sale price.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']400 is the regular price for Hearthfire not a sale price.[/QUOTE]

I coulda sworn it was 480 the other day....so its sale price hasnt updated yet?

[quote name='biledriver']Some people just get really into waiting for GOTY editions so they save the most money. It's obviously something you wouldn't do for a game you really want to play, but for some CAGs it makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Also you really can wait on the DLC for this game because there is so much to do in the core....playing it right now in fact.

[quote name='LordPerrin']Has anything updated significantly later than everything else on any previous day? My gut says Hearthfire isn't going on sale. :([/QUOTE]

I don't think so, me too. Sad I was hoping in ending the sale with adding a skyrim Barbie dreamhouse

I am amazed that the Shivering Isles is still that price. They refuse to put it at a reasonable price after all these years.

1200 is all right for Dawnguard. Obviously 800 would have been nice but I didn't really expect it.

Boo-urns if Hearthfire really is not going to be discounted at all.

Wow has anyone else played the Deep Black demo? What the hell is so wrong with it that it got a 47 on metacritic? I thought it was a pretty good looking game for an XBLA game, along with good cover and aiming controls for a third person shooter, and the underwater controls felt pretty good. I guess I need to read a little deeper into the reviews, but based on the demo I think I'll be picking it up for 400 MSP.

EDIT: Unfortuantely half the reviews on Metacritic are in other languages and I can't read the garbled Google translation. Some of the main complaints I can pick up about the game is that it's generic and borrows heavily from other, better TPS's (Opinions:
I hate this fucking complaint. There's lots of mentions that this game borrows a lot from Gears of War and Dead Space. Well guess what other games borrow heavily from those games? Dead Space 2, Gears of War 2, and Gears of War 3. We live in a world of sequels in this age of gaming, where one good idea turns into 2, 3, 4, or even more sequels. So how is saying that this game borrows a lot from GOOD third-person shooters a negative in any way?
), has extremely linear level design, and is too hard due to a poor checkpoint system. That last one is kind of a red flag for me, but I still think I'm going to buy it. Has anyone else at all picked it up or played through the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ken Lew']I am amazed that the Shivering Isles is still that price. They refuse to put it at a reasonable price after all these years.[/QUOTE]

That's okay. You can just wait for the GOTY version.

Yup, just got it for 800 points. If Hearthfire goes down for 200 then I'll get that as well. Overall this has been a fantastic sale.

Something strange happened. I downloaded Dawnguard fully ready willing and able to spend 1200 points for it. Right as I'm downloading it I find out it's going for 800 points. Of course I'm less than pleased. However once it finished downloading it showed that I was only out 800 points and not 1200. What's going on? Do I want to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back