XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JKSonic']They should have REALLY included the Dragonborn DLC even if it was just 25% off or something...oh well.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't really like sales where only select dlc's go on sale. Plus, I think they miss a lot of buys by holding it back. Oh well, it was still a great sale and I certainly was happy with some of the deals offered.

All I ended up getting:

Abominable Snowman Outfit (80 points) - My kids loved it!
Kinect Party (free)
Fez (400 points)
Skyrim Dawnguard DLC (800 points)
Skyrim Hearthfire DLC (200 points)

Total: 1480 points

Can't deny that this was a great sale, there just ended up being very little that I was interested in and didn't already have.

I guess they figure that if people buy the old discounted DLC, there's a chance that they'll just plop down the cash for this newly released DLC as well.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I also updated my "XBLA games not to go on sale" spreadsheet for the end of the year. This holiday sale took a ton of games off the list. Please let me know if you see any errors with the list, as I usually just update it based on memory.

Fun Facts:
107 Games released on XBLA in 2012 (I'm not including the $3 Kinect Sports titles that they just released)
66 of those have already been on sale at least once (more than 60%)[/QUOTE]

Scarygirl had a price drom from 1200 to 800 a day after release or so. Not sure if it was listed incorrectly, but it was a drop.

I also would have liked to have seen Amy go on sale for half off. Call it morbid curiosity, but I'd be willing to check it out. The Alien Breed games seem to never want to go on sale anymore.

Anyways, since we're listing hauls:

Realms of Ancient War (RAW)
Deadlight
Mark of the Ninja
The Walking Dead

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up
zumas revenge
kinect party
fez
hells yeah
trine 2
mark of the ninja
dust
deadlight
borderlands 2 season pass
walking dead episodes 1-5

Just picked up Hearthfire, my haul on this sale:

Peggle Nights
Super Meat Boy
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Trials HD - Big Pack
Trials Evolution - Origin of Pain
The Walking Dead Episode 1
Skyrim - Hearthfire

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Scarygirl had a price drom from 1200 to 800 a day after release or so. Not sure if it was listed incorrectly, but it was a drop.[/QUOTE]

Scarygirl was 400 msp once and i bought it, but maybe the sale was only for EU? Not sure.

Xbox Support refuse to give me my 120 MSP back for Hearthfire paid 320 instead of 200 meh..they say they have no option for doing so =P so all this people who bought dawnguard for 1200 didn't get refunded 400 MSP today? I call bullshit =P

[quote name='Sath666']Scarygirl was 400 msp once and i bought it, but maybe the sale was only for EU? Not sure.[/QUOTE]

was the easter sale in EU yep =)

We also had Half Minute Hero for 400 MSP before on DotW (but this was germany only)

Just picked up Hearthfire and Zuma's Revenge. So my haul of cheap stuff is:

Fire Pro Wrestling
The Walking Dead 2-5
Zuma's Revenge
Skyrim
Dawnguard
Hearthfire
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Toy Story 3
Crash of the Titans
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

I think that's it. I might get Joe Danger 2 and RAW but I'm not sure yet. I'll wait for tonight I suppose

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Xbox Support refuse to give me my 120 MSP back for Hearthfire paid 320 instead of 200 meh..they say they have no option for doing so =P so all this people who bought dawnguard for 1200 didn't get refunded 400 MSP today? I call bullshit =P[/QUOTE]

lol, they totally lied to you, I had a problem a while back and the girl helping me credited microsoft points to my account for my trouble

[quote name='Sath666']Scarygirl was 400 msp once and i bought it, but maybe the sale was only for EU? Not sure.[/QUOTE]

What did you think of it? I thought the controls were a little floaty and there are better platformers out there, but I might pick it up myself if it drops to 400 here in the States. My 7 year old niece might like to play it as well.

Xbox Live 2012 Christmas Sale haul

Kinect Party & DLC
RAW Realms of War
Mark of the Ninja
Dust: ET
Deadlight
Fruit Ninja DLC
TWD episode 1 (Have the CE disk)
Hearth fire & Dawn-guard

Microsoft is a genius for doing the 2% back on MSP for the achievements. It makes pulling the trigger on things during a great sale like this even easier as you know you're getting just that little bit extra back.

Very satisfied with this sale. I picked up Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evolution, The Walking Dead and Dust. Add in Spelunky from the earlier sale and I pretty much checked off everything I was interested in (which is good, since I have no points left).

Man I didn't hear how good Mark of the
Ninja was until after the sale!

I picked up:
Kinect Party
Zumas Revenge
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Dust
I think that's it.

Xbox LIVE 2012 Christmas Haul

World of Keflings DLC (2 on sale and 1 at full price)
Fire Pro Wrestling
Jet Set Radio
Kinect Party
Hell Yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Deadlight
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain
Fruit Ninja Kinect DLC x4
Walking Dead Episode 1-5
Borderlands 2 Season Pass

I'm still debatting on Frogger, Peggle and Zuma's Revenge.

[quote name='mebegod']peggle is so much fun and peggle nights is more of the same (a good thing)[/QUOTE]
You know i love the game and it is great, but the base game has so much content, that i just can't see myself ever having the time to complete all the challenges, so even if nights was a dollar i just don't see the point in adding more content when there's already sooo much. That's telling of a great game when it already has so much content i don't feel the need for more. Does nights add anything like, that wows, or is it just more levels (there's already so many levels in the base game levels alone aren't gonna do it for me)?

i finally cracked on mortal kombat arcade, maybe having an arcade stick pushed me over the tip there cos i've been on the fence the last 2 times it was on sale.

Hey guys and girls, if you haven't got around to nabbing Kinect Party (and its Full Unlock DLC) or Walking Dead Ep. 1 for FREE, then you need to do that today. (with a few hours of forgiveness early into tomorrow, I'm sure)

[quote name='BUTTON_sMASHER']First post. My loot during these holiday sales and discounts have been:[/QUOTE]

Hold up, are you the same BUTTON_sMASHER that used to browse the Ultra Heavy Beat? :D I just came!

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Scarygirl had a price drom from 1200 to 800 a day after release or so. Not sure if it was listed incorrectly, but it was a drop.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I remember that happening, but since it was basically a drop after the first day, my guess is that it was originally a listing error.

It was EU only, and I'm getting tired of waiting for that game to drop, I definitely want to check it out. Even the PS Mini version that this game is based on has gone on sale a few games, but for some reason this game just won't drop for either XBLA or PSN.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Hey guys and girls, if you haven't got around to nabbing Kinect Party (and its Full Unlock DLC) or Walking Dead Ep. 1 for FREE, then you need to do that today. (with a few hours of forgiveness early into tomorrow, I'm sure)[/QUOTE]

Some will inevitably forget to download it today and complain about it tomorrow.

[quote name='LordVila']Some will inevitably forget to download it today and complain about it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hold out till it's free-er!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']So pissed I missed Mark of the Ninja. It seems the type of game to go on sale again at some point. Will snatch it then.[/QUOTE]

What makes you say that? It's easily this year's strongest Summer of Arcade title. Additionally, their previous game, Shank 2, has only been on sale once on XBL and PSN if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='whitereflection']What makes you say that? It's easily this year's strongest Summer of Arcade title. Additionally, their previous game, Shank 2, has only been on sale once on XBL and PSN if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Dust one of the SoA games this year? One of the best arcade games I've ever played. I need to put more time into Fez before I make my verdict but it's between the two right now.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks. I remember that happening, but since it was basically a drop after the first day, my guess is that it was originally a listing error.[/QUOTE]
It was a pricing error unless Square Enix wanted to charge $5 more on XBLA than other platforms that they released it on.

[quote name='whitereflection']What makes you say that? It's easily this year's strongest Summer of Arcade title. Additionally, their previous game, Shank 2, has only been on sale once on XBL and PSN if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Mark of the Ninja wasn't a Summer of Arcade title. Also, Shank 2 hasn't been on sale on XBLA yet. It was free for PS+ when it released.

You said it in your post itself. It's summer of arcade. ;) Even Shadow Complex went on sale a few times.

I have 790 of my original 5000+ before this awesome sale. I need to grab a game or two of the two week sale games. I already have peggle so I'm thinking maybe world of keflings.

picked up 3rd strike yesterday and all the skyrim stuff today. Alwyas love SF3 and I've love to play it again to get achiveos.

And Skyrim I won that Last March STILL haven't gotten to it. Hear it's amazing though so might as well buy the DLC at 1/2 off XD

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0'][quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Xbox Support refuse to give me my 120 MSP back for Hearthfire paid 320 instead of 200 meh..they say they have no option for doing so =P so all this people who bought dawnguard for 1200 didn't get refunded 400 MSP today? I call bullshit =P[/QUOTE]
lol, they totally lied to you, I had a problem a while back and the girl helping me credited microsoft points to my account for my trouble[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... call (or chat) them back, and explain to them the pricing difference. Remember folks that you're often talking to India-based support rep's on Tier 1, and if they're only using your purchase date, with no understanding of what the promo is, or when the pricing changes kicked in, then they're powerless to help you. Now that they've heard similar complaints from others by now, if you call (or chat) back, then they'll have more info to go on.

BTW, I'm working on, but have yet to complete, an automated Excel spreadsheet which compares purchases against your purchase history. If you're like me & have duplicate purchases on your account (either due to the "Sales & Specials+" app double-billing you, or other posting errors such as "Bully" GoD currently), then the spreadsheet will highlight them. There will be some work on your part, especially if the GUID codes (MS's internal tracking of each downloadable asset) are different, because sometimes an item gets replaced (and the GUID code changes), or sometimes item names just aren't that descriptive (like "Season Pass") ... but I hope to have it done "soon" (within the week?) so that everyone can maybe get some points back in early 2013.

Lastly, I noticed in Kinect Central that the applet "Prize Driver" has a limited-time trial of "this week only". It's certainly not a "deal", since the full title is still 240pts, but if you want something to try today (before 2am Tuesday), it's there. :)

BTW, if you were affected by the Cloud Save crash of 12/30, you're getting a free month of XBL Gold ...

[quote name='"Major Nelson"']December 31st 2012 12:22 am PT
Thank you for your patience

I wanted to update everyone that the Xbox LIVE Cloud Saved Games feature is back online. The Xbox Operations team has been working around the clock to get the issues resolved. I also wanted to pass along the below note from Alex Garden and let you know what we’re doing for those that were affected by the issue.

We want to thank all of our Xbox LIVE members impacted by the Cloud Saved Games service issue for your patience and understanding. It took longer than we expected to get back to full performance as we needed to ensure the integrity of everyone’s game saves. Whether you couldn’t access your game saves for a couple of hours or a couple of days, we sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We will be automatically applying a one-month extension to the Xbox LIVE Gold memberships of everyone who was impacted. We can assure you we’ll also be doing a thorough post mortem to help prevent this from happening again.

As always, I welcome your feedback. Game on!

Alex Garden
Email: Alex dot Garden at Microsoft dot com
General Manager, Xbox LIVE

BTW: You don’t need to call support for your free month. We know exactly who was affected and we’ll handle all of this on our end.

Xbox 360, Xbox Live By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson
permalink: http://majornelson.com/2012/12/31/thank-you-for-your-patience/[/quote]

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Xbox Support refuse to give me my 120 MSP back for Hearthfire paid 320 instead of 200 meh..they say they have no option for doing so =P so all this people who bought dawnguard for 1200 didn't get refunded 400 MSP today? I call bullshit =P[/QUOTE]
I'm actually getting a similar problem from them right now from customer service regarding the Dawnguard pricedrop.

And lastly ... what a sh!tty time to be unemployed! Here's my haul for the latter-half of December:
  • Borderlands 2 Season Pass
  • The Walking Dead - Episode 2: "Starved For Help"
  • The Walking Dead - Episode 3: "Long Road Ahead"
  • The Walking Dead - Episode 4: "Around Every Corner"
  • The Walking Dead - Episode 5: "No Time Left"
  • Counter-Strike: GO
  • Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season
  • Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule
  • Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box
  • Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE - Jewel of the Nile
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail™
  • Deadlight
  • HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
  • Sonic Adventure™ 2
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Fez
  • Minecraft Festive Skin Pack
  • RAW
  • Zuma's Revenge!
  • Joe Danger 2 The Movie®
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Bomberman Live Bomb-up Pack 1
  • Bomberman Live Bomb-up Pack 3
  • Kinect Party - Base Game (and full unlock, obviously!)
  • Darksiders II Season Pass
  • Guardians of Middle-earth ... with their F'ing "first 100 downloaders gets free Season Pass" ... how did I fall for this??? :wall:

And I've still yet to pick over the DOTW's, XBLA's on sale, and Skyrim DLC later today. As if I haven't said it enough, I just want to add "kudos" to CrazyGameTime for their "almost instantaneous" delivery of Xbox 5x5 point codes to my Inbox, after I was unexpectedly forced to liquidate ASAP all my Target point cards! :lol:

[quote name='Cornelius']BTW, if you were affected by the Cloud Save crash of 12/30, you're getting a free month of XBL Gold ...[/QUOTE]
I lost my bayonetta save thanks to cloud 90+ hours down the drain!
gimme free month plz!

Wait that happened before 12/30

[quote name='GUNNM']I lost my bayonetta save thanks to cloud 90+ hours down the drain!
gimme free month plz! Wait that happened before 12/30[/QUOTE]
Just stay out of the game for a few days so you don't overwrite any save-games. XBL aren't entirely helpless, and they (meaning Azure) have backups for this kind of thing, you know!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How do they know who was affected? Those of us with saves on the cloud drive or is there something more to it?[/QUOTE]

This is what I want to know, I have saves on my cloud and I noticed yesterday that it said offline, but I didn't need to use any of them.

It might be greedy but I think if you have cloud saves you should get the free month.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']This is what I want to know, I have saves on my cloud and I noticed yesterday that it said offline, but I didn't need to use any of them.

It might be greedy but I think if you have cloud saves you should get the free month.[/QUOTE]
Yes, how dare they burden us with a problem that didn't effect us in anyway! I DEMAND REPARATIONS!

[quote name='Cornelius']Just stay out of the game for a few days so you don't overwrite any save-games. XBL aren't entirely helpless, and they (meaning Azure) have backups for this kind of thing, you know![/QUOTE]
Too late I already started a new save.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes, how dare they burden us with a problem that didn't effect us in anyway! I DEMAND REPARATIONS![/QUOTE]

Hey, I said it was greedy. Besides, it would cause a problem if I actually needed those saves.

And I'm pretty sure mine has been down before just yesterday, every time I had to pick my storage recently, it said offline, and I checked and I have it enabled.

Since everyone is posting what they got, I grabbed...
Joe Danger 2
Kinect Party + Unlock
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Tony Hawk HD
Deadlight
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Trials Evolution + Origins of Pain
The Walking Dead 1-5

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
Still deciding on RB3 and Wrecked Revenge Revisited since I already have all that Skyrim stuff. Q: If I get the RB3 GoD do the songs export to any of the other games (since there's no manual & code)? I'm most specifically interested in if they export to RBB and vice-versa.[/QUOTE]

There's been talk from Harmonix (either on the RB site or quoted from the guy that runs RockBandAide.com -- sorry I'm useless for sourcing lately) that the GoD version of RB3 will be exportable... in the future. To my knowledge, only RB1 and RB2 are importable into RockBand Blitz (and all of the DLC upto and including this point, of course).

I'm unclear on whether you already have the game on disc or not and you're just deciding on getting the downloadable version or you don't have the game at all, but the interface is completely revamped over RB2 with a Rating System now, which is great for singling out songs you never EVER want to see on a random playlist challenge (I'm looking at you, half-the-tracks-from-my-Track Pack discs) and that alone is a good reason to upgrade from RB2.

Someone else had the question earlier if RB3 upgrade is worth it, and I vote YES, with the exception of Career Mode now being linked to your GT and not just the "bands" you create now; I feel it kills some of the replay but the interface is worth it until the next game comes out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How do they know who was affected? Those of us with saves on the cloud drive or is there something more to it?[/QUOTE]

Wondering this as well. I was affected because I was literally trying to use it for the first time not knowing about the issue. I was working on updating my daughters new xbox and transferring files to the cloud to use them on both xboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back