XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely in for RE4. Now my friend can stop bothering me to pick it up since I was waiting for this sale for some time. First time playing it since I never owned a PS2 or Gamecube.

DAMIT! They just had to put Ikaruga and RE4 on sale. I have both games for the GameCube (in shrinkwrap I may add), but now I am seriously considering them because I'm an xbla hoarder.

[quote name='GUNNM']Forget it. Didn't think this would lead more than two posts.[/QUOTE]

Every review i have read claims this is the definitive title... Was RE4 even remade on the GCN? I know it launched on the GCN and was then ported to the PS2 with extra stuff.

One example i read was how much better the draw distance of the game is and how you can really tell when fighting Del Lago.

My dilemma this week is either RE4 or DR2... Im sure DR2 will come down and/or i can find it some where cheaper... Never beat RE4, i think im gonna pull the trigger on it.

RE4 is definitely "fake HD". Don't expect current gen graphics. The controls are also could have used an update. But don't let any of that stop you the game is great even with those faults.

[quote name='Kerig']RE4!: I have never been more excited about buying a last-gen game that I currently own and have already beaten. Perfect Dark came close but I was highly disappointed after buying it seeing the realization that I'm too old for FPS competitive multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I was actually really disappointed by Perfect Dark XBLA as well. The game didn't hold up nearly as well as I remembered.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']

not polished well? What are you smoking? Isnt RE4HD supposed to be considered an "HD Port done right?"[/QUOTE]

Most of what I read about RE4 HD is that people weren't overly happy with how it turned out. I personally didn't find anything wrong with it, it looked find to me, but I am not a videophile at all.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Every review i have read claims this is the definitive title... Was RE4 even remade on the GCN? I know it launched on the GCN and was then ported to the PS2 with extra stuff.

One example i read was how much better the draw distance of the game is and how you can really tell when fighting Del Lago.

My dilemma this week is either RE4 or DR2... Im sure DR2 will come down and/or i can find it some where cheaper... Never beat RE4, i think im gonna pull the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]
Just get RE4.
$10 is an awesome price for a really fun game.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Looks like it's finally time for me to bite on "Crash Course" and " The Sacrifice" for Left 4 Dead.[/QUOTE]

If you have l4d2 when I bought cold stream it seems to come with crash course. I deleted crash course to be sure and I still had the campaign on l4d2.

[quote name='Dthib87']RE4 is definitely "fake HD". Don't expect current gen graphics. The controls are also could have used an update. But don't let any of that stop you the game is great even with those faults.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they only have upscaled GameCube version, without improving any textures etc. That said, the game is absolutely steal at $10.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Every review i have read claims this is the definitive title... Was RE4 even remade on the GCN? I know it launched on the GCN and was then ported to the PS2 with extra stuff.

My dilemma this week is either RE4 or DR2... Im sure DR2 will come down and/or i can find it some where cheaper... Never beat RE4, i think im gonna pull the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]

Go with RE4, it was mentioned that you can find a DR2 disc for around the same price. RE4 probably won't go back sale for a bit.

[quote name='GUNNM']Just get RE4.
$10 is an awesome price for a really fun game.[/QUOTE]

FINE!

Its only because i STILL respect and am jelly over youre gamertag :)

One example i read was how much better the draw distance of the game is and how you can really tell when fighting Del Lago. [/QUOTE]

I don't think too many reviews actually said that. The graphics are just upscaled and don't show any obvious improvements. It does contain the PS2 version's bonus content and it's still a fantastic game, but a lot more could've been done to improve the port (such as improving the antiquated controls).

Here's my RE4 HD review.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Entirely off topic, but is CAG running extremely slow for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

it is normal for me

[quote name='Dthib87']it is normal for me[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

After I clicked "quote" on your comment, it took 21 seconds to load to the posting page. It's just weird cuz no other site is doing it to me at the moment.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Took 21 seconds to post my comment as well.

[quote name='eastx']I don't think too many reviews actually said that. The graphics are just upscaled and don't show any obvious improvements. It does contain the PS2 version's bonus content and it's still a fantastic game, but a lot more could've been done to improve the port (such as improving the antiquated controls).

Here's my RE4 HD review.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the review sir... reading now.

its kinda killing me, something deep down inside me is saying that im just gonna get mad that it isnt an old RE style game. I love DR, but never beat the first one (a year's worth of incarceration will mess your backlog and motivation up bad)...

Its either fast zombies, or slow zombies i guess...

I have NEVER played DR2 before, it sat on my entertainment center via gamefly for about 2 months before i sent it back (got it at the same time as Black Ops and Skyrim, so it was on the backburner.

I guess my scenario boils down to this

two games I have played (RE4HD and ikaruga) for 1200 MSP
OR
one game I have never played (DR2) for 1200 MSP

Bioshock 2 is tempting as well, but never played it and i heard that its no where near as good as the first one.

[quote name='Dthib87']If you have l4d2 when I bought cold stream it seems to come with crash course. I deleted crash course to be sure and I still had the campaign on l4d2.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm that Left 4 Dead 2: Cold Stream also comes with Left 4 Dead: Crash Course?
I do not have L4D2 but may as well buy Cold Stream at the same price as Crash Course alone.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']whats that kind sir?[/QUOTE]

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Essentially a remake of the vanilla DR2

[quote name='ooga']Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Essentially a remake of the vanilla DE2[/QUOTE]

Hmm... im close to pumping my fist angrily now...

Damn Capcom, and their remaking of games all the damn time.

edit: also just realized that i can get Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den for 1200 MSP now too ... SON OF A ...

i dont have this kind of money to spend damnit

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Can anyone confirm that Left 4 Dead 2: Cold Stream also comes with Left 4 Dead: Crash Course?
I do not have L4D2 but may as well buy Cold Stream at the same price as Crash Course alone.[/QUOTE]
"Let Me Google That For You."
From http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Crash_Course ...
"Crash Course is the first DLC campaign for Left 4 Dead.[1] [2] It is free on the PC, but normally costs 560 Microsoft Points for the Xbox 360. It was released on September 29th 2009. According to Valve it is meant to bridge the gap between No Mercy and Death Toll.

This campaign was released for Left 4 Dead 2 on November 4th, 2011 as part of the Cold Stream DLC, along with Death Toll, Dead Air and Blood Harvest. Compared to the other ported campaigns from Left 4 Dead into Left 4 Dead 2, Crash Course is the least modified campaign, retaining most of its original layout and features."

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Can anyone confirm that Left 4 Dead 2: Cold Stream also comes with Left 4 Dead: Crash Course?
I do not have L4D2 but may as well buy Cold Stream at the same price as Crash Course alone.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind you can only play it through l4d2. So you can't buy cold stream and expect to play crash course in l4d1. Hope that clears that up for you.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_rewards_support/f/29/t/361429.aspx
That has to be the worst list I've ever seen, how is Metro 2033 not on there?[/QUOTE]
XBLRewards5's list isn't as good as mine in the Xbox Rewards wiki ... she's just quoting games that she's already answered so far, but didn't mention (or has no idea) why ...
  • Battle Field: High School DLC
  • Battle Field: Zack's House DLC
... are on the list, but not their core game of "Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia". The best thing is to challenge them with the game's description from premiere partners like IGN, since the Xbox.com description is so lackluster ...
[quote name='IGN']http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/03/20/metro-2033-review
The survival horror genre has started a number of recognizable gameplay traditions. The constant tension, the emphasis on atmosphere, the helplessness of the main character, limited items/ammo -- all of these mechanics are among the reasons why survival horror games are so enticing. Metro 2033 is a first-person shooter that borrows heavily from these traditions in order to create an atmospheric experience. Although Metro 2033 is an intriguing journey, I was terribly frustrated by a number of stealth scenarios and technical glitches.

Based on a Russian novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro 2033 is set in post-apocalyptic Moscow. After nuclear devastation ravaged the earth and skies, the people of Moscow retreated into the sprawling underground Metro system in order to survive, building tattered towns at various stations throughout. The world is populated by mutants, dangerous anomalies and a number of supernatural occurrences. In the midst of this strange setting, players take control of the young Artyom and guide him on his quest to deliver an important message to a neighboring station. He'll fight a ton of generic enemies in order to get there, with a few surprises along the way.[/quote]
I'd definitely get on the ball about challenging Xbox Rewards on their list, though, since we know how responsive they've been in October so far. :whistle2:(

Just saw your new & improved list in the Xbox Rewards Wiki, that's a MUCH better list, thank you. Also impressed to see you on so many of the forum topics, you're doing a public service, man.

Going to post a challenge later, great idea about using an IGN review as evidence. Metro 2033 is AT LEAST as much a survival horror as Resident Evil 5. They're trying so hard to not let us double-dip.

I was hoping that I could hit the bare minimum by buying Metro 2033 for 800 MSP (I already did), RE4 HD for 800 MSP, and then spending 400 on Dead Space Ignition, an interesting little game that I figure is worth 100 MSP, especially since I wanna start a DS2 playthrough soon (gives you lots of unlockable bonuses) and it's never gone on sale. That'd be an even 2000, as long Metro 2033 qualifies, as it should. Can anyone think of any reason why Metro 2033 wouldn't qualify?

I mean Darksiders I kinda get.. but Metro 2033?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Has Alan Wake AN at 600 been confirmed?[/QUOTE]

That's what xbox.com shows, including the purchase confirmation screen.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Has Alan Wake AN at 600 been confirmed?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it takes less time to go look for yourself instead of posting a question and waiting on a response.

[quote name='Dthib87']I can confirm it takes less time to go look for yourself instead of posting a question and waiting on a response.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that sometimes confirmed prices aren't already live and asking can be worth it at times. I also can confirm that making a smart ass comment towards someone asking a question in a nice enough manner does more to harm useful conversation than asking said question.

[quote name='Dthib87']I can confirm it takes less time to go look for yourself instead of posting a question and waiting on a response.[/QUOTE]
hey look, another entitled thread policeman!

[quote name='harry hood']hey look, another entitled thread policeman![/QUOTE]

Hey look, someone who uses the word entitled incorrectly while trying to be witty.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']I can confirm that sometimes confirmed prices aren't already live and asking can be worth it at times. I also can confirm that making a smart ass comment towards someone asking a question in a nice enough manner does more to harm useful conversation than asking said question.[/QUOTE]

Since we're confirming things I can confirm I wasn't speaking about theoretical situations. I can also confirm the price was updated long before he wasted his time posting.

Thank goodness, I was starting to think people were being too nice around here.

I can confirm that you are rude and don't understand the concept of a helpful community.

[quote name='biledriver']I can confirm that you are rude and don't understand the concept of a helpful community.[/QUOTE]

u lie

I can confirm that I'm all for friendliness on this thread, but I can also confirm that I thought it wasn't a very good question either, as a simple glance at xbox.com, xbldb.com, or the xbox dashboard could have answered his question.

I can also confirm that I laughed everytime someone's response started with "I can confirm..."

[quote name='tylerh1701']I can confirm that I'm all for friendliness on this thread, but I can also confirm that I thought it wasn't a very good question either, as a simple glance at xbox.com, xbldb.com, or the xbox dashboard could have answered his question.

I can also confirm that I laughed everytime someone's response started with "I can confirm..."[/QUOTE]

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

just wanted to throw this out there, i bought metro 2033 last week and used a credit card (had no points at the time) and they charged tax. it could be because i live in massachusetts, but thought i would let everyone know.

[quote name='lordrex217']just wanted to throw this out there, i bought metro 2033 last week and used a credit card (had no points at the time) and they charged tax. it could be because i live in massachusetts, but thought i would let everyone know.[/QUOTE]

I believe microsoft charges tax on all purchases through them including MSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back