XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='vlv723']For me, this is the 5th copy.

Already played it on the Wii, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, and now the XBox 360 :lol:[/QUOTE]

ok you are the most appropriate person to asnwer me this: Do you think that I'm doing a BIG mistake not getting it on xbox 360 as well? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='vlv723']For me, this is the 5th copy.

Already played it on the Wii, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, and now the XBox 360 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Bought it a few months ago but it was my 4th copy here. Beat it gc and ps2 bought wii one twice gf took the first wii version when we broke up then bought another wii one and now xbox bought the game 5 times. Its worth it

[quote name='johnpap']ok you are the most appropriate person to asnwer me this: Do you think that I'm doing a BIG mistake not getting it on xbox 360 as well? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='johnpap']Damn it I hate you all.... ok I'm gonna buy it for 360 as well....[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Both Bioshock games are back to $9.99/800
I've seen B2 on Amazon go as low as $5 shipped so keep that into consideration. B1 however is worth the price of admission

While people are discussing RE4, I purchased it yesterday...and now I don't think I'll ever play it again for the simple fact that FOR ME, the controls is just an absolute abomination to gaming. It's horrendous.
At least I can say I have RE4 on my 360

[quote name='Blaster man']I think it's for Xbox rewards. It's on the dashboard. Why don't you believe me?[/QUOTE]

I was just wondering since their FAQ on the offer states nothing of the sort. I would think that would be listed on their website as a requirement if needed. Plus I don't believe for any recent Rewards promotion that a gamer pic was needed to be eligible for said promotion. Possibly it may be needed for someone who is not already a registered Rewards member?

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#fmi

What is the October Featured Marketplace Offer?
A. During the month of October, spend 2,000 Microsoft Points or more on eligible horror themed Xbox LIVE Marketplace items and get 300 Microsoft Points back. Purchase(s) must occur between October 1, 2012 and October 31, 2012.
Who is eligible for the offer?
A. All Xbox LIVE Rewards members are eligible for the offer. Xbox LIVE Rewards members are only eligible to receive this Reward once during the month of October 2012.
What horror related Marketplace items qualify for this offer?
A. Horror related movies on Xbox Video, TV shows, Avatar items, Game Add-ons, Themes, Games on Demand, or Arcade Games. Eligible movie content can be found here. Eligible games are horror-themed, like Left 4 Dead 2, Resident Evil 5, or The Walking Dead, and any Avatar items, Game Add-ons or Themes that go with them. Movies and TV Shows must be purchased from Xbox Video; purchases from other apps will not qualify. If you aren't sure if an item qualifies for this offer, please make a new post in our support forums.
When will I receive my 300 Microsoft Points?
A. All eligible Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchases will be calculated daily. Rewards Points will be posted under Pending on the Xbox LIVE Rewards site within 96 hours of meeting the offer requirements. Points will then be deposited to your Xbox LIVE account by November 15, 2012.
I purchased more than one eligible item and they add up to 2,000 Microsoft Points. Does that count?
A. Yes, as long as you purchase eligible items between 1 October and 31 October 2012 and they total up to at least 2,000 Microsoft Points.

[quote name='PhQTwo']I was just wondering since their FAQ on the offer states nothing of the sort. I would think that would be listed on their website as a requirement if needed. Plus I don't believe for any recent Rewards promotion that a gamer pic was needed to be eligible for said promotion. Possibly it may be needed for someone who is not already a registered Rewards member?

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#fmi

What is the October Featured Marketplace Offer?
A. During the month of October, spend 2,000 Microsoft Points or more on eligible horror themed Xbox LIVE Marketplace items and get 300 Microsoft Points back. Purchase(s) must occur between October 1, 2012 and October 31, 2012.
Who is eligible for the offer?
A. All Xbox LIVE Rewards members are eligible for the offer. Xbox LIVE Rewards members are only eligible to receive this Reward once during the month of October 2012.
What horror related Marketplace items qualify for this offer?
A. Horror related movies on Xbox Video, TV shows, Avatar items, Game Add-ons, Themes, Games on Demand, or Arcade Games. Eligible movie content can be found here. Eligible games are horror-themed, like Left 4 Dead 2, Resident Evil 5, or The Walking Dead, and any Avatar items, Game Add-ons or Themes that go with them. Movies and TV Shows must be purchased from Xbox Video; purchases from other apps will not qualify. If you aren't sure if an item qualifies for this offer, please make a new post in our support forums.
When will I receive my 300 Microsoft Points?
A. All eligible Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchases will be calculated daily. Rewards Points will be posted under Pending on the Xbox LIVE Rewards site within 96 hours of meeting the offer requirements. Points will then be deposited to your Xbox LIVE account by November 15, 2012.
I purchased more than one eligible item and they add up to 2,000 Microsoft Points. Does that count?
A. Yes, as long as you purchase eligible items between 1 October and 31 October 2012 and they total up to at least 2,000 Microsoft Points.[/QUOTE]

Check the dashboard. It's listed as 300 microsoft points in one of the ad squares I think. I'm sure you'll see it. It showed up 3 times on mine.

[quote name='Blaster man']Check the dashboard. It's listed as 300 microsoft points in one of the ad squares I think. I'm sure you'll see it. It showed up 3 times on mine.[/QUOTE]

I see it, hmmmm odd, I can't imagine that it would be required, d/l'ed gamerpic anyways....

Nowhere on their Rewards site does it state that it was needed so I imagine that they would still have to honor it unless specifically stated that the gamerpic is required. Thanks for the heads up.

So I just bit the bullet and bought Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Minerva's Den, The Protector Trials and the Sinclair Solutions pack. It was always a series I never paid attention to but always came highly recommended. I hope these games are really as good as people say. lol

[quote name='PlowK1NG']I couldn't resist RE4 for $10. I loved playing it on the wii.[/QUOTE]

If you get a chance to play it before the sale ends, could you comment on how the controls are transitioning from the Wii to the 360? I really like the Wii version due to the pointer controls and I'm on the fence about buying this version because of the traditional controls.

As for the Bioshock games, the fact that you can dual wield Plasmids and weapons in Bioshock 2 made it so much more enjoyable than the first game. I also wasn't a fan of that pipe minigame in 1, though the "stop the needle" minigame in 2 wasn't that much better. I'll also echo the comments on Minerva's Den, it was an enjoyable experience.

It's pretty much like playing the PS2 or Gamecube versions of RE4. Thankfully there is a control option to change shooting to LT & RT. You have to aim the reticule with the left analog stick, no way around that, unfortunately. It'd probably take me a half hour to readjust.

I really liked aiming with the Wiimote, it was the closest thing to having right analog aiming.

[quote name='captpluto9465']It's pretty much like playing the PS2 or Gamecube versions of RE4. Thankfully there is a control option to change shooting to LT & RT. You have to aim the reticule with the left analog stick, no way around that, unfortunately. It'd probably take me a half hour to readjust.

I really liked aiming with the Wiimote, it was the closest thing to having right analog aiming.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll pass on this deal since it looks like a step down for me.

[quote name='Sway']Thanks for the info. Guess I'll pass on this deal since it looks like a step down for me.[/QUOTE]

ok I'm changing my mind for a 3rd (and final) time hahaha
Too bad there's no demo to test the controls so I will trust the guys posting about it and I'll pass.

Thank you so much Sway for your question and captpluto9465 for clearing this up!
I'd rather save my points and wait for the next week's deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded RE4 the other day from the Resident Evil Anthology and the controls do take a little getting readjusted to. This is the fourth time I have owned the game and after the initial re-learning curve of the controls I fell back in the rhythm of it.

[quote name='johnpap']

Thank you so much CAGiversary for your question and captpluto9465 for clearing this up!
I'd rather save my points and wait for the next week's deals.[/QUOTE]

FYI CAGiversary is not his name. That's the systems default title for someone with his level of activity.

Xbox Live DOTW/Shocktober-fest for 10/23/2012 = "All Of Are Fail Are Belong To Microsoft"

But! i DID pick up Resident Evil 4 Which IMOPO, I Heart To Death.

[quote name='PhQTwo']I see it, hmmmm odd, I can't imagine that it would be required, d/l'ed gamerpic anyways....

Nowhere on their Rewards site does it state that it was needed so I imagine that they would still have to honor it unless specifically stated that the gamerpic is required. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, we don't know how their system is programmed. If this has to be downloaded PRIOR to making the purchases, there may be some very unhappy CAG's.

[quote name='ooga']FYI CAGiversary is not his name. That's the systems default title for someone with his level of activity.[/QUOTE]

Looking at that along with my join date makes me feel old right now...

[quote name='Blaster man']The thing is, we don't know how their system is programmed. If this has to be downloaded PRIOR to making the purchases, there may be some very unhappy CAG's.[/QUOTE]

If you're already a rewards member then nothing has to be done. The registration on the dashboard is only meant for people who aren't already members to sign up. So if you were already a member your purchases were counted but if you weren't then prior purchases before downloading the registration won't be counted.

Was really looking forward to Shocktober to pick up Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone DLC on discount. Microsoft Fail. This is Cheap Ass Gamer. Even with all my free bing points, why in the world would I pay DOUBLE what I paid initially for the entire arcade game (and the DLC has never been on discount) a while back? I was even considering one, if not both, of the Dead Rising arcade games (which have been discounted 50% in the past, why not now?). Not for full retail. Why does Microsoft list these games under "Shocktober" but yet not discount them at all? Double Fail!

Looks like I'm getting Bioshock now and Bioshock 2 later if it really is 50% off.

Have the Pac Man games ever gone on sale? 400 points for Ms. Pacman sounds pretty high.

[quote name='Cage017']
Have the Pac Man games ever gone on sale? 400 points for Ms. Pacman sounds pretty high.[/QUOTE]

I bought Championship Edition DX (which is awesome) on sale for 400, but that was like 18 months ago. Not sure if they've been on sale since then.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I bought Championship Edition DX (which is awesome) on sale for 400, but that was like 18 months ago. Not sure if they've been on sale since then.[/QUOTE]

It hasn't, I've been waiting to pick up that one.

[quote name='Cage017']

Have the Pac Man games ever gone on sale? 400 points for Ms. Pacman sounds pretty high.[/QUOTE]

You're better of picking up a copy of "Namco Museum Virtual Arcade", which currently is $9.99 on BestBuy.com for Pre-owned. It has Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Championship Edition, etc.....a total of 34 games! I have it, and enjoy all the throwback titles. (Even some I never heard of growing up as a kid.)
Going this route is A LOT cheaper than buying the titles you want through the marketplace now, or waiting on a sale that will probably be "quite a while".

**And if you wanted to take a chance and wait until Best Buy offers the promotion of B2G1 on Pre-owned Games, you could really come out on top.....just a thought, that's what I did last year when I snagged my copy.

GAME ON !!:)

[quote name='cancermatt']Was really looking forward to Shocktober to pick up Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone DLC on discount. Microsoft Fail. This is Cheap Ass Gamer. Even with all my free bing points, why in the world would I pay DOUBLE what I paid initially for the entire arcade game (and the DLC has never been on discount) a while back? I was even considering one, if not both, of the Dead Rising arcade games (which have been discounted 50% in the past, why not now?). Not for full retail. Why does Microsoft list these games under "Shocktober" but yet not discount them at all? Double Fail![/QUOTE]

Because I am sure some people bought something like Deadlight thinking, man I saved...oh, you got me Microsoft.

Was going to buy both Bioshock's from GoD, then realized I only had 5.9gb left on my 320gb hd and Halo 4 comes out in a week or so which requires a mandatory 8gb of hd space. MS should sell up to 1TB hard drives for people who purchase lots of content. Only purchased Ugly Americans for now. Fruit Ninja kinect has some new dlc for it, don't think it comes with achievements though.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Was going to buy both Bioshock's from GoD, then realized I only had 5.9gb left on my 320gb hd and Halo 4 comes out in a week or so which requires a mandatory 8gb of hd space. MS should sell up to 1TB hard drives for people who purchase lots of content. Only purchased Ugly Americans for now. Fruit Ninja kinect has some new dlc for it, don't think it comes with achievements though.[/QUOTE]

damn!! Do you download every game onto your hard drive? Im barely hanging on with my 120 GB HD. Im pretty sure anybody can find both games far cheaper than $10 a piece.

Im actually surprised at the amount of people on this thread that have never played bioshock 1 or 2. Shame on you all. That game was the main factor I got a 360 over a ps3, 4 years ago.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']damn!! Do you download every game onto your hard drive? Im barely hanging on with my 120 GB HD. Im pretty sure anybody can find both games far cheaper than $10 a piece.

Im actually surprised at the amount of people on this thread that have never played bioshock 1 or 2. Shame on you all. That game was the main factor I got a 360 over a ps3, 4 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I LOVED Bioshock! Haven't done 2 yet but I've got it. I need to play that before infinite comes out.

Finally caved in and got. RE4 I had it on the GameCube, Ps2, and Wii never got past the part in the village. Hopefully I get further this time around.

[quote name='Tarheel76']You're better of picking up a copy of "Namco Museum Virtual Arcade", which currently is $9.99 on BestBuy.com for Pre-owned. It has Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Championship Edition, etc.....a total of 34 games! I have it, and enjoy all the throwback titles. (Even some I never heard of growing up as a kid.)
Going this route is A LOT cheaper than buying the titles you want through the marketplace now, or waiting on a sale that will probably be "quite a while".

**And if you wanted to take a chance and wait until Best Buy offers the promotion of B2G1 on Pre-owned Games, you could really come out on top.....just a thought, that's what I did last year when I snagged my copy.

GAME ON !!:)[/QUOTE]

You deserve a medal! I didn't realize BB had it in stock for that price. I scooped up a copy, this price is about $5 less than what it goes for used on Amazon. Didn't mess with the B2G1 deal, but got 10% off for Gamer Club Unlocked and free Expedited Shipping for being a Rewards Zone Silver member. BB sometimes has problems and has to cancel orders, but hopefully this ships for me, that's a great deal.

I also didn't know there were so many games on the disc. There are 9 games that have achievements (of which I only own 3) and then many more games without achievements. I think they really dropped the ball on the boxart for that game, I always assumed it just included the 5 games on the cover.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']damn!! Do you download every game onto your hard drive? Im barely hanging on with my 120 GB HD. Im pretty sure anybody can find both games far cheaper than $10 a piece.

Im actually surprised at the amount of people on this thread that have never played bioshock 1 or 2. Shame on you all. That game was the main factor I got a 360 over a ps3, 4 years ago.[/QUOTE]

This surprises me too, especially with Bioshock 1.

LOL..I played Bioshock and loved it, completed the game. Bioshock 2, well the game didn't save my last save point for some unknown reason so I left it at that and never bothered with it again. I noticed it is for about the same price on Amazon, so I might just go that route. I think it's time I get a 32gb usb thumb drive just for Halo 4 and maybe a few other items. I have over 350 xbla games, at least 10 Games On Demand games, lots of dlc, some videos and other various items. I've been on XBL since launch (original).

[quote name='intoxicated662']LOL..I played Bioshock and loved it, completed the game. Bioshock 2, well the game didn't save my last save point for some unknown reason so I left it at that and never bothered with it again. I noticed it is for about the same price on Amazon, so I might just go that route. I think it's time I get a 32gb usb thumb drive just for Halo 4 and maybe a few other items. I have over 350 xbla games, at least 10 Games On Demand games, lots of dlc, some videos and other various items. I've been on XBL since launch (original).[/QUOTE]
Holy shit! I Thought my amount on my HD was brag worthy. I've got about 50GB of space left on my 250GB HDD and that's after I deleted alot DLC I've gotten and completed. I've got 96 XBLA games (including free ones) and 4 GoD games. That and nearly 30GB of Rock Band DLC and all the Dance Central DLC as well. Not to mention abunch of DLC of games I haven't even started yet.

[quote name='bardockkun']Holy shit! I Thought my amount on my HD was brag worthy. I've got about 50GB of space left on my 250GB HDD and that's after I deleted alot DLC I've gotten and completed. I've got 96 XBLA games (including free ones) and 4 GoD games. That and nearly 30GB of Rock Band DLC and all the Dance Central DLC as well. Not to mention abunch of DLC of games I haven't even started yet.[/QUOTE]

I have about 35gb of Rock Band dlc & 15gb of Guitar Hero dlc. I didn't have any problems with storage before since there was a size limitation on xbla titles but now, seems most games are over 1gb easily. Got so bad, I had to delete Borderlands+all dlc for it and a few other GoD. Damn those season passes too for all the GB they take up! Looking forward to the next GH price drops soon though..

I have bought five xbox 360s, upgrading each time a larger hard drive came out (except the 60gb). I have the gow 320 gb console and it only has 768 mbs left. I have the sesame street kinect game first season episodes downloaded (~12 gigs) and borderlands 2 installed (~6 gigs), otherwise, everything else is dlc or arcade games.

The halo 4 console would be a day 1 purchase for me if it came with a 500 gig hard drive. I wouldn't even think about it. But, with the gow xbox and a sw xbox still in the box, I have no reason to upgrade.

The larger limitations on dlc and games has eatened up a lot of space.

In terms of games I just installed into my HDD, only just four. Rock Band 3, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands and Dance Central 3. Otherwise rest of my HDD is all apps, games and DLC, no music or videos though I have downloaded some videos, but eh, I got majority of them on blu or DVD anyways.

Though majority of games and DLC I've gotten have all been on sale. Only big exception being Harmonix games since if it's a song I enjoy in either game I just buy immediately since their sales are few and far between or never happen at all.

I know this has nothing to do with deals but it does somewhat with xboxlive. I was wondering, (since im not great with forums in general) how exactly can I link my gamertag in my signature for the CAG forums? Sorry if this is a stupid question but like I said im not great with forums.

On another note some decent sales this week in marketplace. Picked up RE4 and Gripshift. :)

[quote name='loomis1975']Wish a few more things were 50 percent off. I am Alive and Deadlight come to mind.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing I Am Alive will be part of a Ubisoft sale sometime before the end of the year, I hope.

[quote name='Cornelius']But it now is ... thanks to enough people asking about it!
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_rewards_support/f/29/p/362324/1880957.aspx[/QUOTE]

awesome. only 1100 msp to go (metro was 900 for me).

now we need heaps of people to post and complain about the other games not part of shocktober sale eg. i am alive.

going to get resident evil 4 for my brother and he has metro also. may as well see if there is something else to buy.
is the metro dlc good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back