XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='therealdanhill']Anyways, anyone know when Retro City is coming out?[/QUOTE]

This site mentions that it's Q1 2013 for XBLA.

Thanks for the Retro update. I've wanted that game day one since E3, though the reviews have been less then favorable.

[quote name='Viper187']Ugh. Will Matt Hazard: BBB ever come off that 1200 point tag? :([/QUOTE]

Right after one of us gives up and buys it. Be my guest. :p

If you're looking forward to the Happy Action Theater sequel, make sure to keep an eye on Kinect Party instead since that is it's new name. This was mentioned by Jeff Gerstmann on the Tested Octoberkast stream a little bit ago.

I need 400 more points to get to 2000 points for the shocktober promo
so i was thinking i might as well consider the dead rising games
so which of the dead rising 2 arcade games is the best?
I heard case zero is basically dead rising 2 only straight to the point and doesn't overstay its welcome
also heard dead rising 2 is basically a re-skinned of dead rising 1
i'm not a fan of these timed games. that's why i didn't get into lost planet

only 1 is an arcade game and 400 points ( i think) and thats case zero. what you said about it is true, but im a fan of the series so it def. left me wanting more.

i hear you about timed games, i picked up tornado panic or whatever that crap game was called that was a GoD $5 sale, and its biggest downfall was the super short timer, deleted it after getting like 1/2 through it.

I am of the opinion that it's less clear cut than that. DR2's story was better and the boss that is cut and replaced in OtR was one of DR2's best. I also see no value in the sandbox mode of OtR.

That said, OtR does make the game easier in a lot of places and includes checkpoints.

[quote name='he1l1o']so is otr n expansion pack?
and is case west a dlc or full arcade like case zero[/QUOTE]

OTR is a full game and Cast West is regular XBLA game like Case Zero.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Does anyone know when Retro City Rampage is going to be released on XBLA???
I really want to play this game and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait for M$[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Thanks for the Retro update. I've wanted that game day one since E3, though the reviews have been less then favorable.[/QUOTE]

Don't get your hopes up way too high for it. It's a fine game but it's nothing amazing, IMO.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Does the Blue Bag icon with a check mark on it on Chain Reaction items in the Sales & Specials+ app mean that I already own it? It's saying that I already own the fourth item (Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light DLC), but it's asking for money to get it since I guess the app still isn't that good with prior purchases. Looking at the DLC listing for the game on the dashboard shows that I do own it, which means that it was free at some point since I don't own the game and wouldn't buy DLC for a game I don't have.

I still don't see any other Shocktober games on sale in that app like it's been claimed earlier.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it was free for a while, FWIW. The rest, I don't know.

[quote name='bardockkun']Is it weird that I'm kinda disturbed at how many people have never played RE4 and know so little about it?[/QUOTE]

i thought it was weird too, but i think a lot of the people here are like 16 so they would've been 9 when it originally came out on the gamecube

[quote name='Barry Burton']i thought it was weird too, but i think a lot of the people here are like 16 so they would've been 9 when it originally came out on the gamecube[/QUOTE]

Or a lot of us are old enough to have passed on Resident Evil ages ago and don't play the sequels.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Or a lot of us are old enough to have passed on Resident Evil ages ago and don't play the sequels.[/QUOTE]

Put me in this category. Wasn't interested in this type of game then and not a fan now. But to each his own so if people like it, good for them. I pretty much feel the same about the CoD phenomenon. As long as Activision is willing to make games like Blur with the cash they earn from the CoDs they churn out every year I'm willing to deal with it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Put me in this category. Wasn't interested in this type of game then and not a fan now. But to each his own so if people like it, good for them. I pretty much feel the same about the CoD phenomenon. As long as Activision is willing to make games like Blur with the cash they earn from the CoDs they churn out every year I'm willing to deal with it.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Didn't play it then, haven't played it since though I do watch the movies.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Or a lot of us are old enough to have passed on Resident Evil ages ago and don't play the sequels.[/QUOTE]

and why is that?

with all the games and countless movies how does a long time gamer pass on one of gamings biggest and most well known franchises of the last 15 years?

[quote name='Barry Burton']and why is that?

with all the games and countless movies how does a long time gamer pass on one of gamings biggest and most well known franchises of the last 15 years?[/QUOTE]
While they've sold a lot of copies of these games, most gamers haven't played them for whatever reasons they have. I don't like horror games, so that's the reason why I've skipped all of the games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']While they've sold a lot of copies of these games, most gamers haven't played them for whatever reasons they have. I don't like horror games, so that's the reason why I've skipped all of the games.[/QUOTE]

why don't you like horror games?

how can you say they aren't worth playing without trying them? i don't like point and clicks but i am loving the walking dead more than any game this year

what horror games did you play that made you think they aren't worth trying?

[quote name='Barry Burton']why don't you like horror games?

how can you say they aren't worth playing without trying them? i don't like point and clicks but i am loving the walking dead more than any game this year

what horror games did you play that made you think they aren't worth trying?[/QUOTE]

If he's like me he's a sane person that doesn't like to be scared because being scared is not a feeling you should enjoy. I don't play scary games or watch scary movies for this reason. All you people that enjoy being scared confuse the hell out of me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If he's like me he's a sane person that doesn't like to be scared because being scared is not a feeling you should enjoy. I don't play scary games or watch scary movies for this reason. All you people that enjoy being scared confuse the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

being scared can be exciting

whether it's a game or a movie anything that brings out emotions whether it's happiness, anger, sadness, laughter, joy, fear etc is entertaining

if a game or movie makes you feel emotionless, it's boring

[quote name='Barry Burton']why don't you like horror games?

what horror games did you play that made you think they aren't worth trying?[/QUOTE]
Because I don't like being scared, so I don't like the one genre that's completely based around that concept. It's not something that I will ever get over because horror games put you in control of that, so the only way to avoid it is not to play.

Edit: And to respond to your second post, fear isn't an emotion that I find entertaining or enjoyable in any way. The thing I'd most like to do is have a way to avoid the situations that scare me, but horror games are not about that. It's not optional in any way in those games, so I can't stand them. That's not to say that I don't play games that scare me, but those generally offer ways to avoid them if you wish/can. Minecraft is one where I cannot stand monsters and the like that come out at night or spawn in the dark, so I do everything I can to avoid them with the way I build and the way I explore the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']If he's like me he's a sane person that doesn't like to be scared because being scared is not a feeling you should enjoy. I don't play scary games or watch scary movies for this reason. All you people that enjoy being scared confuse the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

^This.
I Got Dead Space 2 as a gift last year for my birthday and I just can't play through the game.I just can't understand how do people enjoy jump scares.Im pretty sure DS2 is an amazing game that sadly I will never beat just like Resident Evil Code Veronica on the PS2.

Alien vs. Predator 1 and Alien vs. Predator 2 marine campaign are the only games I've played that are legitimately scary. Maybe Alien Resurrection to a lesser degree though that game is not quite in the same league.

All the adventure "survival horror" games just use cheap scare tactics with slow monsters that spawn in the same place every time you enter a room and can easily be outrun.

First two AVP PC games have intelligent AI that spawns randomly throughout the levels, hunts you down and can attack you at any time from any angle. Plus the aliens fast as hell, 1-2 hits lethal up close and can leap huge distances to pounce on you.

Guys please i know this isnt the right area to ask but i am about to throw my 360 out the fucking window in frustration. Is it possible to remove the 4gb memory from the xbox 360s? I have so many xboxes in my home i could have sworn i removed it before :/ annnnd nevermind just found out u cant :/

[quote name='billydeewilliams']Guys please i know this isnt the right area to ask but i am about to throw my 360 out the fucking window in frustration. Is it possible to remove the 4gb memory from the xbox 360s? I have so many xboxes in my home i could have sworn i removed it before :/ annnnd nevermind just found out u cant :/[/QUOTE]

You can't.

Why do you need to?

I actually don't much care for scary games either, but I "deal" with the scares to check out the best of the genre. RE4, RE5, Alan Wake, and Dead Space 1 are the only games I've played so far. Jumped a lot during AW, RE4 and DS1 (not so much during RE5) but I definitely feel like it's worth it to experience the game. I have the Silent Hill HD Collection to still check out as well.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']Guys please i know this isnt the right area to ask but i am about to throw my 360 out the fucking window in frustration. Is it possible to remove the 4gb memory from the xbox 360s? I have so many xboxes in my home i could have sworn i removed it before :/ annnnd nevermind just found out u cant :/[/QUOTE]

The 4GB is internal flash so you've never removed it.

If you throw it out the window you can remove it then.

It's apparent place in gaming lexicon aside, is there any reason to play Resident Evil 4 over 5 or 6, specifically for someone who isn't into the canon? 5 and 6 seem to have more current controls and offer a worthwhile co-op experience. Does 4 bring anything to table that would make it a superior game?

[quote name='seppuku']It's apparent place in gaming lexicon aside, is there any reason to play Resident Evil 4 over 5 or 6, specifically for someone who isn't into the canon? 5 and 6 seem to have more current controls and offer a worthwhile co-op experience. Does 4 bring anything to table that would make it a superior game?[/QUOTE]

Less boulder punching!

4, if you ask me, is an exceptionally refined and well-paced game. It EARNED a place in gaming history. The only problem with it is that it is pretty easy. RE5 feels like it took all the good pieces that made 4 but instead those pieces were given to morons who were not involved in the making of 4. Their base tools are so good they can't cock it up too bad but... every way they could go wrong, they did.

RE6 was just an even bigger mess, despite now having a guy at the helm who envisioned the basic quality of RE4/5's framework expanding in creative ways. There are a lot of interesting changes there but they seem to double down on every pacing and balance wrecking choice RE5 made.

That said, RE5 co-op mercenaries is the most fun two people can have with clothes on. It just requires you to clear the middling-to-awful campaign to do it.

[quote name='seppuku']It's apparent place in gaming lexicon aside, is there any reason to play Resident Evil 4 over 5 or 6, specifically for someone who isn't into the canon? 5 and 6 seem to have more current controls and offer a worthwhile co-op experience. Does 4 bring anything to table that would make it a superior game?[/QUOTE]

Yes. 6 is severely disjointed as a campaign, the chapters take beyond hours to complete. RE4 is nicely paced. Nice separation of exploration, puzzles, and action. Every set piece feels unique. Item mangement is better. Much more "little things" to notice in regards to secrets.

RE4 deserves its pedestal. Please play it and see why.

The ingame case and the super cool merchant. Love that guy. Whatever you do DON't START WITH 6!!!! Unless you want to go from bad to good to better.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']^This.
I Got Dead Space 2 as a gift last year for my birthday and I just can't play through the game.I just can't understand how do people enjoy jump scares.Im pretty sure DS2 is an amazing game that sadly I will never beat just like Resident Evil Code Veronica on the PS2.[/QUOTE]
Even with you being anonymous you should be embarrassed. What's wrong with you?

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Even with you being anonymous you should be embarrassed. What's wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

So funny. I mean do you like scary movies at all? It's the thrill of being afraid but being safe in your home, if you're scared it's doing its job and you should stick it out!

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Even with you being anonymous you should be embarrassed. What's wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

lol i've been thinking that with almost every recent reply in this thread

the original resident evil scared the crap out of me, but i was in 8th grade the first time i played it was unlike anything we ever saw in gaming

the only game since then that i felt was scary was silent hill 2, that game gave me chills which felt awesome, any game that gives me a reaction like that is a masterpiece

dead space and alan wake? not scary at all i don't think aliens are scary and alan wake has so much comedy relief

[quote name='bajingo']So funny. I mean do you like scary movies at all? It's the thrill of being afraid but being safe in your home, if you're scared it's doing its job and you should stick it out![/QUOTE]
Yep. I love being scared, but it takes quite a bit for a movie or game to have that kind of effect on me. Some of the stories on Americas Most Wanted creep me out when I'm by myself and it's 1 in the morning, but that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Evil 4 is still one of my favorite games of all time but the important thing is you have to get used to the controls. Type II control setting seems to work "better".

Any thoughts about bio shock 2 dlc have yet to play that game been sitting in my backlog for ages. Any thoughts? Is it storyline dlc ? Worth buying? I did beat bioshock before just have yet to dig into this one

Has the The Amazing Spider-Man been patched for random crimes after completion? I've been wanting to get Amazing Spidey but I heard after you 100% compete it, you no longer have anything to do. So I was wondering if they did anything with patches or dlc for replay value.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Any thoughts about bio shock 2 dlc have yet to play that game been sitting in my backlog for ages. Any thoughts? Is it storyline dlc ? Worth buying? I did beat bioshock before just have yet to dig into this one[/QUOTE]
Minerva's Den is pretty great. Everything else is pretty meh, unless you're really into the multiplayer or if for some reason you really liked the protector missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back