XBLA - Duke Nukem 3D - 800pts - 8 Player Co-Op

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Duke Nukem, the politically incorrect action hero and ultimate alien ass kicker, defends Earth and its babes from alien invasion in Duke Nukem 3D. This is the award winning game that helped define the FPS genre, introducing unparalleled interactivity, and a main character that spoke. Take the fight to the aliens across 39 levels featuring Hollywood, Los Angeles, a moon base, and alien spacecraft. Innovative items like the Jetpack, HoloDuke, Shrink Ray, or Pipe Bombs allow you to fight the aliens in any style you want. Defeat the aliens, so Duke can get back to some R&R with a stogie, a warm belly, and a bottle of Jack.

• Eight-player cooperative and DukeMatch multiplayer: Play ranked matches in one-on-one or free-for-all for leaderboard spots. A playlist of levels keeps the game fresh, with levels rotating on and off the list. Play co-op with your friends, earning single player achievements or completing the game entirely. It's your choice how to play. By reserving private slots you can play with your friends or with strangers in any combination. Invite away.
  • User clips: Every time you play a game, a user clip is recorded. View the clips any time in your theater or share with friends who own the game. Upload the clips to leaderboard spots if you complete a level in the fastest time, or if you have the highest score. Use these clips for tips on how to complete a level at speed.
  • Painless death: Review your play from the start of the level right up until your death, and jump back in at any point. Go back 10 seconds or 10 minutes, the choice is up to you. You can still save and load your game at any point if you prefer.
  • Gallery: Unlock achievements and Duke Nukem 3D concept art. Visit the Gallery at any time, view never before seen art, and learn more about the game.
  • Xbox 360 enhancements: The inimitable Duke Nukem returns in updated and improved form on Xbox 360®. The game now features controller vibration, bilinear filtering, motion blur, Xbox LIVE® Vision camera support for DukeMatch, multiplayer, and more.
Achievements: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/dukenukem3d/

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40005.html

In an interview with Xbox representative Jason Ing, it was revealed to Joystiq that Duke Nukem 3D, developed by 3D Realms, has passed certification and is expected to release "sometime in September." The Xbox Live Arcade revival, which sports the same minimal graphical enhancements as Doom did on the service, is being published by Microsoft and is an exclusive release for the platform.
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/21/x08-duke-nukem-3d-coming-to-xbla-sometime-in-september/

More info as it releases. Another awesome addition to the XBLA catalog!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love duke nukem and Ill definately pick it up for up to 1000 points. Especially because it seems to have multiplayer

DOOM and Marathon were only 800, so imagine that this will be, too.

And I can't wait. :bomb:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just read on OXM (Magazine) that this game has 8 player online co-op :shock:[/quote]

That's a lot of Duke's.

Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride.

I'm psyched. I can finally stop playing the Saturn version.

[quote name='Halo05']Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride.

I'm psyched. I can finally stop playing the Saturn version.[/quote]

I have the Saturn version as well, but I have the PC version too. It's cool this game is coming out. I was just thinking it would be cool if Duke 3D came out when I was looking at Doom today.

You know at this point it would be a hell of a lot easier and quicker for developers to do a remake of DN3D and forget Forever.

[quote name='MadChedar0']No quotes? Failure...

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.[/quote]

damn no quotes?

that's what made the game

great homage to quotes from cult movie classics

"come get some"

"hail to the king baby"

Wow.... two people, huh?

The 'no quotes' thing was a reference to the fact that we had gotten quite a few replies in without anyone posting a quote yet.

Rest assured, quotes are in-game.

Ok thats good. It just isnt duke with out the things he says. Wonder if they will clean the graphics up a little.

[quote name='sendme']Ok thats good. It just isnt duke with out the things he says. Wonder if they will clean the graphics up a little.[/QUOTE]

They had said they're doing pretty much the same thing as they did for Doom for the XBLA.

yeah, it seems more packed than doom. I tried playing doom on the DOOM3 CE while waiting for this and I really couldn't get into it....it just feels so lonely.

Eh, I see no need for a 'clean-up' of the graphics. If you're buying this, it's because you remember Duke Nukem, so it's not like you'll be surprised.

Plus, seriously... online Duke. Win.

Well Doom came out at 800 points, but it eventually got lowered to 400... :whistle2:k
I hope they just make it a 400 point game, but I really do think it will be 800. Sigh

it was done in 8 months by 4 people. There are some 3-d High resolution packs available, but they aren't done by 3-D Realms so they can't use them.
The demo is confirmed to be the first two levels also, plenty of game to decide if you want it. I like duke, but I haven't really played past level 2, so the demo might be enough. I'm still probably gonna buy it.

Oh, and Megaman 9 might be coming out the very same day.

Yeah I'm still waiting for my MSN auto points. Pending on price, I'll probably pick up Megaman first and then Duke Nukem second. I can't see this being above 800, but I seriously doubt It's going to be 400 pts esp. after SS2 was fucking 800.

I think the era of worthwhile 400 point games may be over. Then again, I thought Golden Axe was a blast at 400 while others probably hate it regardless of the price so maybe that era was just in my imagination.

At any rate, I expect Duke 3d to be 800 points but hopefully you all have been good cheapasses and have been paying at most $15 for 1600 points.

I could care less about the graphics, it'll still look better than the Sega Saturn version that I was playing a couple weeks ago and the controls should be excellent.

It was a damn cool game back in the day, but I'd be really surprised if there's anything but nostalgia fueling this game now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't get the hype for this game. It doesn't look interesting at all to me.[/quote]

Date of Birth: February 6, 1986 (22)

That's why, you young whippersnapper. ;)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Date of Birth: February 6, 1986 (22)

That's why, you young whippersnapper. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm only 4 months older than him and I get it! I played the shit out of this cause my uncle gave me his copy of it when I was young :D (hell yes, he's a damn good uncle). I'm just confused if I want to be a whippersnapper or not...

bread's done
Back