XBLA - Fable II Pub Games - 800pts or Free w/Preorder also included in Fable II game

[quote name='musha666']Wow. Im going to be in so much debt when I start playing Fable. I hope my dog doesnt mind not eating for a few years:([/quote]

You could always delete the save file.

EDIT: Somehow...I just got a Jackpot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got the code via email from ordering fable 2 online at gamestop? Cos im considering it. But i have heard how people werent getting their codes yet.

Yea these are all luck. And the luck is all the AIs. I was in 2nd place in the spinner tournament with 30 spins left. Didnt get a single match the rest of the time.

I feel bad if anyone wasted 800 pts on this. The only good it is is to get money for FII and its not very good at doing that either. The roulette craps game isnt as bad as the other two but ugh.

Don't know what to tell you. Probably goes out later this week.

I want to see what someone thinks of their luck when they go up 1 or 2 ratings. I'm beginning to think your luck changes based on your rating, how close you are to a new rating.

Please tell me there is no truth to being able to pre-order through Amazon (supposedly they don't charge you till they ship) and getting the codes for free? Since you can cancel before then....

I hope not I hate it when people do that. I pre-ordered the game cause I want it..... Not like people doing it for free games.

Just like they said in the IGN review, there is no real point to playing it unless you are going to buy Fable II. Even if they do it just to get the free game, I'm sure they would become bored with it after a few minutes.

I plan on canceling after Amazon emails the code, but I'm still going to buy the game. I just think it's pointless to pay $10 for it, if its going to be in the final game. (Wait, I'm bring a hypocrite. I bought the Spore Creature Creator..)

Actually, I'll just keep the preorder until the date gets closer, and decide where to find the best deal then. I'll probably go with Amazon.

So, while waiting for my Amazon code to come in, I decided to just try the demo. The only game that I liked playing was spinnerbox and that was because I had absolutely no control of when to stop/hold/fold. I actually have about 900+ after finishing... I wonder if that will roll-over into the full version.

So they didn't charge you?

If not that kinda amazes me. Gamestop charged $10 to pre-order even if it was the standard edition of the game (as it's usually $5) and from what I was told if you cancel your screwed you have to take the credit and move it to another game etc. Which is fine by me I am getting the game so in teh end it's free for me.

[quote name='KingBroly']I want to see what someone thinks of their luck when they go up 1 or 2 ratings. I'm beginning to think your luck changes based on your rating, how close you are to a new rating.[/quote]I just hit the level 4 rating mark for this game and my luck hasn't really changed for better/worse - it's sort of been the same throughout.

I liked the "slots" style game. I did a tourny in that and came in 3rd. I think the game is okay. If you are going to win money, it seems like you have to win small amounts over a long time. But i could be wrong. But winning tournaments unlocks items for fable like face tattoo, and a sword. Isnt that right?

It baffles me that people are complaining about these not being easy, or having the odds stacked against, or being hugely in debt.

... the actual game doesn't come out for almost two months, how much money did you *think* they were going to let you start with? If it was easy money, everyone would start the game with at last 6 figures, which I'm assuming defeats the purpose.

I'm hoping there are more than these games, though. Bring back Card Pairs! :)

[quote name='007']It baffles me that people are complaining about these not being easy, or having the odds stacked against, or being hugely in debt.

... the actual game doesn't come out for almost two months, how much money did you *think* they were going to let you start with? If it was easy money, everyone would start the game with at last 6 figures, which I'm assuming defeats the purpose.

I'm hoping there are more than these games, though. Bring back Card Pairs! :)[/quote]Card Pairs was awesome! I liked a lot of the mini games in the original Fable, and it would be great if all of them were brought back.

I don't really want a shit load of money at the start of the game, so I don't mind the tough/ luck based Pub Games. Gold in the first game was easy to come by, and I doubt it will be too difficult to attain in this one.

On the forums for Fable at xbox.com some are saying they have over 700k and I dont see how. I had thought maybe by playing spinner in the tournament area for free but that would just take so long and you chances are will not win. I thought with Fortune’s Tower you could have some sort of strategy and was unable to. I was trying to play with just the 15 gold and if they gave me more then my 15 to quit I would quit and if I used the tower card quit then also. Only thing is no matter what I lost. I would bet 15 win 40 bet 15 and lost it or the tower would go at 3. I was hoping this would keep me interested till Too Human comes out seeing how Soul Calibur IV is getting old. However it is not. I play it just because SC is getting old. I know I will not even go close to thies games in Fable II and they are actually makeing rethink about the game. The first one wasn't that great and lacked alot. This one is from the sound of things what the first one should have been. I'm still getting Fable II however I hope that it is a lot better then the stupid little pub games

[quote name='Goodeye']Please tell me there is no truth to being able to pre-order through Amazon (supposedly they don't charge you till they ship) and getting the codes for free? Since you can cancel before then....

I hope not I hate it when people do that. I pre-ordered the game cause I want it..... Not like people doing it for free games.[/quote]

im from the uk where preordering the games doesnt get u the pub games free so the only way i can get a code is to preorder from amazon.com to get the code and then i would have to cancel as amazon.com does not ship to the uk and amazon.co.uk dont do the codes and i am definately getting the game so im preordering from shopto.net

but anyway my point is i think ur taking it for granted that u get the codes as us in the uk dont get anything free and WE MADE THE GAME!!!

[quote name='jasonjuk']im from the uk where preordering the games doesnt get u the pub games free so the only way i can get a code is to preorder from amazon.com to get the code and then i would have to cancel as amazon.com does not ship to the uk and amazon.co.uk dont do the codes and i am definately getting the game so im preordering from shopto.net

but anyway my point is i think ur taking it for granted that u get the codes as us in the uk dont get anything free and WE MADE THE GAME!!![/quote]

Your the minority I could see someone like you doing that and I can understand that. The thing is the majority doesn't do that to get it for free. They do it to be cheap (which I know yeah this site is all about being cheap) I guess you can see where I am going with it.

I know I can't stop it I was just curious if it was true thats all, I am dropping it.

[quote name='SynGamer']Yeah, overall, i probably won't be playing these much, if at all. It's kind of killed my interest in the game as well. I mean, here we were led to believe we could make some good money before the game comes out, but there literally is no skill involved and 9 times out of 10, the computer is against you.[/QUOTE]
That's what gambling is, right?

[quote name='Brak']That's what gambling is, right?[/quote]
Technically, yes, but realistically, in most gambling the player has some control over winning and losing. In these games, you press a button and hope the computer likes you.

[quote name='sj41']Card Pairs was awesome! I liked a lot of the mini games in the original Fable, and it would be great if all of them were brought back.[/quote]
Games in the original Fable were great. Remember using the "slow down time" magic spell to help with the card games? LOL!

I'm liking Fortune's Tower.

I'm surprised by how much there is to do in these Pub Games, with lots of unlockables for the characters and several tables for each game itself.

Yeah it really seems like this game hates me. I was playing Spinner Box with 100 chips and I lost all my chips. I didn't win once and I was betting at two chip intervals with an occasional ten chip bet.

Fortune's Tower is a bitch too because most of the time you end up losing or raking in less than what you bet.

Keystone is difficult as well since it is so complicated but it seems like this game is the easiest to earn chips on.

I always wonder if stuff like this is really random or are they coding it in the computer's favor. I don't see the benefit in making the game difficult because then it is not that fun but who knows.

[quote name='sendme']On the forums for Fable at xbox.com some are saying they have over 700k and I dont see how. [/quote]

:hot: Probably enough to buy all houses in Albion!

Had fun doing fortune's tower...played for about an hour...but not sure how skill intensive the game is but I liked it anyhow.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So will i eventually be able to get this game free with buying the game once its out, or is it only for pre orders?[/quote]

I wouldn't think so. Fable 2 does contain these minigames within the game so I don't think there would be a reason to get it after the game is released anyway except for achievement points.

Why don't you preorder the game from Amazon? They charge you when the game ships so if you decide that you want the game on release date then you could cancel it and buy it from a local retailer.

Or you could buy it for 800 points but that is probably not a good idea.

I was just curious. Im not sure i want fable 2 right away. Not with Saints Row 2 and Gears of war 2 coming out with fable 2 right between them. I wont play it for a while.

Keystone and Spinner suck. Spinner is entirely luck. Keystone is tolerable, but it's just too damn slow.

Fortune's Tower, on the other hand, is awesome. As long as you even know some rudimentary probability concepts, it is easy to win assloads of gold once the later games start opening up. It a much more logical game rather than being entirely luck.

I'll gradually work on getting all the items, but there's no way I'm going for anything else that involve Keystone and Spinner.

Are these the only games or will the retail version have more stuff to play? Gambling games are fine and dandy but I fear I will miss Spot The Addition and that coin golf game. Even the incredibly basic memory game.

I like how in Fortune's Tower it shows you what might have been. That's cool because I'd always say hmm maybe if I stayed in longer but that usually gets you into trouble lol. Anyone suggest the best pre-order website, I was prob going to get Fable 2 anyways?

Yea Keystone is decent but Spinnerbox just sucks. I actually did the free tournament, hit A 100 times, wow exciting, (came in 11th as well).

Woohoo, I have about 4000 gold after the debt. But, what puzzles me a bit is the fact that you don't HAVE to pay off the debt, it's just there, while you still have you gold separate, does this mean that in the real Fable game, that if you merge the characters, You will get the gold, but have the option to pay or run away from the debt?

Figured it out, once you are profitable, the debt will just be taken from there.

On XBL the description for this games says you can win Gold and Unique Items for in game. I knew that you could win gold but is the items part true?

[quote name='pimpinc333']On XBL the description for this games says you can win Gold and Unique Items for in game. I knew that you could win gold but is the items part true?[/quote]

Yep, you win them in the tournaments though. I've already won a Braid hair style.

Anybody else hooked on Fortune's Tower like I am? This game is soo going to get my character in Fable II in trouble.

[quote name='Aku']Yep, you win them in the tournaments though. I've already won a Braid hair style.

Anybody else hooked on Fortune's Tower like I am? This game is soo going to get my character in Fable II in trouble.[/quote]
Yeah, Fortune's Tower is definitely my favorite. Very fun.

I find the Keystone game to be too slow for my liking, and the slot machine gets me into massive dept very fast (I was in 30k worth of dept from the Spinnerbox before I deleted the profile for that character and started over).

Ok, so I pre-ordered Fable 2 Limited through Amazon and used Bill Me Later to get $10, and they haven't sent out my code yet. Anyone know what's going on? Is it the Bill me Later, or should I just calm the hell down?

[quote name='ZenTrickster']Ok, so I pre-ordered Fable 2 Limited through Amazon and used Bill Me Later to get $10, and they haven't sent out my code yet. Anyone know what's going on? Is it the Bill me Later, or should I just calm the hell down?[/quote]
Amazon says right on the page that codes will be mailed out on the 15th, which is tomorrow. Just give it some time :) I'm waiting for mine as well

Well today is the 15th, if I go ahead and pre-order Fable II I should get this today?

What happens if I find a better deal and decide to cancel my pre-order down the line?

wow. Just found a super glitch over at xbox360achievements.org. Just tried it, it works. I used it on Fortune's Tower but it apparently works on every game.

If u place the lowest bet then press A then LB you only pay the lowest bet, but the earnings correspond to the highest bet. An easy way to get out of that huge debt.

[quote name='KingBroly']wow. Just found a super glitch over at xbox360achievements.org. Just tried it, it works. I used it on Fortune's Tower but it apparently works on every game.[/quote]

fucking sweet, this should make betting 50 instead of 500 a lot less painful :D

Haha... wonder how long until that gets patched. You'd think they would've caught that. :lol:

Anyone used amazon for free pub games and canceled after you got your code?

Did Amazon even charge you anything?

Oh my awesome! The tower game is so much fun. Also the little cheat is bad ass. I would not pay $10 for this, but for free, it is pretty fun. The tower reminds me of deal or no deal.

Ive tried the cheat, and it seems to only work on Castle's Fortune, which is still decent, as I now have 110,000 gold :)

I'm also using the glitch, and racking up the gold (thank God for the 150-1500 table).

However, as many people on various achievement sites have pointed out: word is spreading fast about this glitch. So, I'm going to use one character and get at least million gold (while the gettin's good) and use another character and go for the achievements/money - so that when they patch the glitch I can just merge the 2 characters together and maybe even play offline some.

Also, someone brought up an interesting question: what if only the money you win from tournaments is able to be used in Fable 2? Unless there's a clear-cut answer out there, I'm going to be playing in a lot of 5 star tournaments while using this glitch.

bread's done
Back