XBLA - Fable II Pub Games - 800pts or Free w/Preorder also included in Fable II game

What's the best way to level up? I just spammed the Level 2 spinner game with that allowed the highest possible bet while I was watching TV. Surprisingly I was able to get 4400 gold out of that.

[quote name='Mojimbo']What's the best way to level up? I just spammed the Level 2 spinner game with that allowed the highest possible bet while I was watching TV. Surprisingly I was able to get 4400 gold out of that.[/quote]Spinnerbox is the game of choice to level up with. As you open more high stake games on there, go into them and spam that A button (higher bets = more points). Of course, you'll be like $60K in the hole doing this, but the current Fortune's Tower glitch will counter that debt.

Thanks, guess I'll just have to spam those while I'm watching the 'lympics.

I have to say, those Spinnerbox tournaments are pretty sick. :cool:

These pub games are very addicting. I do not know of this cheat code and I dont think I want to find out. I'm sure it will ruin my Fable 2 experience if I collect a ton of gold.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Spinnerbox is the game of choice to level up with. As you open more high stake games on there, go into them and spam that A button (higher bets = more points). Of course, you'll be like $60K in the hole doing this, but the current Fortune's Tower glitch will counter that debt.[/quote]

I made over 100k on the spinnerbox exclusively. Just have to know when to walk away and start fresh.

Dang, I hear the game is good. Gamestop however decided to screw me over and they don't have any when I asked. Wondering if anyoe has any extra? I can give you my uno game, or something. I just want to play and unlock stuff for Fable 2 before it comes out.

[quote name='sendme']How do you get it then? Sucks that this glitch only works in tower.[/quote]You have to play in specific "Keystone Jackpot games" and have the first roll be a 3 or an 18.

I need to know some sure fire strategies for Keystone (2-5 star)and Spinnerbox (1-5 star) for the Tournaments so I can get the items. I already have all the items from the Fortune's Tower tournaments.

I think the Fortune's Tower Glitch is intentional because you can't make a quick minimum bet in Tower, and you can make quick min/max bids with the bumpers in the other games as well, and the glitch doesn't work in those 2 games, so what makes this one special?

They probably left it in so people would pre-order since people would here there's an easy way to start out with a lot of cash in Fable II by using this glitch. Either way, I have 9 more items left to get, 2 jackpots and a few games left to unlock.

[quote name='KingBroly']I need to know some sure fire strategies for Keystone (2-5 star)and Spinnerbox (1-5 star) for the Tournaments so I can get the items. I already have all the items from the Fortune's Tower tournaments.[/quote]I did the same thing in every tournament:

At the beginning:
Make an arch bet on 8 and 13
Make an inside bet on a Pair

Don't bet any more after that. The best strategy is to not lose any money, rather than try and win the most. I've finished each tournament using this method in first place all but once, with maybe 10 more gold than I started with (yes, it's slow and boring but you want achievements/items, right?)

[quote name='KingBroly'] I think the Fortune's Tower Glitch is intentional because you can't make a quick minimum bet in Tower, and you can make quick min/max bids with the bumpers in the other games as well, and the glitch doesn't work in those 2 games, so what makes this one special?

They probably left it in so people would pre-order since people would here there's an easy way to start out with a lot of cash in Fable II by using this glitch. Either way, I have 9 more items left to get, 2 jackpots and a few games left to unlock.[/quote]I know they put the option for the LB to increase your bet to the maximum in the game on purpose, but I highly doubt they caught this glitch before putting the game out - much less want it to be there.

EDIT:

Just got 200/200 :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I'm also using the glitch, and racking up the gold (thank God for the 150-1500 table).

However, as many people on various achievement sites have pointed out: word is spreading fast about this glitch. So, I'm going to use one character and get at least million gold (while the gettin's good) and use another character and go for the achievements/money - so that when they patch the glitch I can just merge the 2 characters together and maybe even play offline some.[/quote]

Wait. What is the benefit of merging 2 characters together? Why not just use 1 character to get the million gold, achievements, and money at the same time?

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']never mind that I wasnt paying attention, it still works lol the bet amount changes but the amount of money ante'd in doesnt[/QUOTE]

Until you see a message requiring a game update when you start the game that glitch will always work (and it may even after an update, depending on what they fix/add). Without a patch there's no way for them to correct it in its current state.

I noticed that tournament winnings are added to your overall gold total and aren't counted separately. Hopefully the merge will include overall gold since I only made about 10,000 gold in tournaments and 75,000 playing normally.

[quote name='Kendro']I noticed that tournament winnings are added to your overall gold total and aren't counted separately. Hopefully the merge will include overall gold since I only made about 10,000 gold in tournaments and 75,000 playing normally.[/quote]

I hope it is normal gold, because I have 600,000, and have only made like 20,000 of that from tournaments. Even though, the leaderboards ARE for tournaments, but in the real game, I assume you could play pub games and get money from just a few rounds as opposed to a tournament, so, hopefully it isn't different in Pub games.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I did the same thing in every tournament:

At the beginning:

Don't bet any more after that. The best strategy is to not lose any money, rather than try and win the most. I've finished each tournament using this method in first place all but once, with maybe 10 more gold than I started with (yes, it's slow and boring but you want achievements/items, right?)

I know they put the option for the LB to increase your bet to the maximum in the game on purpose, but I highly doubt they caught this glitch before putting the game out - much less want it to be there.

EDIT:

Just got 200/200 :cool:[/quote]

I just placed in the 2nd/3rd Keystone tournaments thanks to your advice, although the 3rd one was hell considering it took 7 times and all except for the last one 5 people got jackpots in every one. Such crap. I hope the Spinnerbox tournaments are easier.

I'm really going for the items. I want to make my first Fable game as easy as possible. As far as achievements go, after I get the final item, I'll focus on those I guess. I don't know how long the random ones will take.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just placed in the 2nd/3rd Keystone tournaments thanks to your advice, although the 3rd one was hell considering it took 7 times and all except for the last one 5 people got jackpots in every one. Such crap. I hope the Spinnerbox tournaments are easier.[/quote]I think the third one for me was difficult, as well. One second I'd be in the lead by a few hundred gold, but on the next roll like three people would have over 50K somehow. There's other strategies for Keystone that involve trying to win big, but I like the slow and steady wins the race approach that I posted :cool:

On a regular Keystone one I tried just randomly betting on everything, and somehow I actually made a little bit of money in the end. I don't have many variations of Keystone unlocked, including none of Bloodstone (still trying to figure out what that is). I think I'm kinda sick of the Fortune's Tower Glitch. I'm over 380k, and I'm only really using it to get out of debt at the moment. I guess those 2 jackpots over 20,000 in a row a couple of days ago hurt my spirit.

[quote name='Cheatmaster8']Dang, I hear the game is good. Gamestop however decided to screw me over and they don't have any when I asked. Wondering if anyoe has any extra? I can give you my uno game, or something. I just want to play and unlock stuff for Fable 2 before it comes out.[/quote]

me too... anyone have any advice for ppl who gamestop screwed by not giving out the code?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I did the same thing in every tournament:

At the beginning:

[/quote]

Are you supposed to bet the minimum amount or max?

[quote name='jraypeon']me too... anyone have any advice for ppl who gamestop screwed by not giving out the code?[/quote]Do the Amazon pre-order and get the code for free, then cancel it.

[quote name='Kendro']Are you supposed to bet the minimum amount or max?[/quote]Minimum. It's just 3 clicks over all: 1 click on 8, one click on 13, and one click on the "Pair" section of the inside bets.

Man, I hate the Spinnerbox achievement. It's ridiculously hard. It will not give me enough for the achievement for the life of me. I swear I think it's character and rating related. Only 3 away from getting all the items though.

[quote name='KingBroly']Man, I hate the Spinnerbox achievement. It's ridiculously hard. It will not give me enough for the achievement for the life of me. I swear I think it's character and rating related. Only 3 away from getting all the items though.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know how I got the spinner box cheesemint. I was like sleeping and hitting A over and over. I wake up to the audience clapping, a cheesemint popping up, and gold increased by like 40K.

Also yesterday I got all the items. Can't wait to get the game now. 10/21 :D

It is too bad we don't really have an idea of how much 100,000 gold is actually worth. For example, if we knew the most expensive weapon in the game was 10,000...then I'd know I could probably quit after I get 150,000 gold. There was one sword that you win from the 5th tournament and it was around 1800 gold, but we have no reference if that is expensive or not.

"The Ruler of Albion -100g
Increase the value of your real estate holdings to over 2.5 million gold!"

I'm assuming 100,000 gold will be a good start.

It is impossible to win the spinnerbox tournaments...just played through 3 tourney's and finished last each time...what am i doing wrong?

[quote name='KingBroly']Man, I hate the Spinnerbox achievement. It's ridiculously hard. It will not give me enough for the achievement for the life of me. I swear I think it's character and rating related. Only 3 away from getting all the items though.[/QUOTE]

This was the first one that I got. All I did was go to the first spinner game and bet the min. This is just pure luck. All you need is the bonus one in the middle that comes up and for it to spin and hit the bonus symbole. That will give you the max payout of I think all of the symboles. That is what got it for me.

I am no 200/200 for this game. I dont think this money will go over into the fable 2 game like the say it will or atleast have made it sound like it will. from the way it looks to me is you will have to use your fable two character in it and merg them and the one you are using now to get all the gold. If you don't do that you will have to start over with them. However merging 2 deletes one of them.

[quote name='sendme']This was the first one that I got. All I did was go to the first spinner game and bet the min. This is just pure luck. All you need is the bonus one in the middle that comes up and for it to spin and hit the bonus symbole. That will give you the max payout of I think all of the symboles. That is what got it for me.

I am no 200/200 for this game. I dont think this money will go over into the fable 2 game like the say it will or atleast have made it sound like it will. from the way it looks to me is you will have to use your fable two character in it and merg them and the one you are using now to get all the gold. If you don't do that you will have to start over with them. However merging 2 deletes one of them.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know how they are going to work this out. I could careless about my guys gold ( 55,000 ). I really care about the 15 items I won though. I hope it will be a smooth easy process.

You can't get it on the first one. The max you can win with a bet of 1 there is 50.

EDIT: I FREAKING DID IT! I give Pimpinc the credit for this one. Just crawled into bed to relax, continuing to press A and looked away. I turned the sound up, 5 minutes later, boink! Achievement get! Now if only the tournaments would be friendlier.

[quote name='SynGamer']It is impossible to win the spinnerbox tournaments...just played through 3 tourney's and finished last each time...what am i doing wrong?[/quote]

Your luck sucks. I've been RAPING the Spinnerbox Tourneys. Placing in Top 5 each time I try. I suck ass at the Bridge game though.

~HotShotX

So I pre-ordered Fable 2 Limited Edition and I'm still waiting for my codes. It says they'll be emailed to me, sometimes they put codes in my account. Anyone know which one it is? I want to play the higher stakes tables.^^

[quote name='KingBroly']You can't get it on the first one. The max you can win with a bet of 1 there is 50.

EDIT: I FREAKING DID IT! I give Pimpinc the credit for this one. Just crawled into bed to relax, continuing to press A and looked away. I turned the sound up, 5 minutes later, boink! Achievement get! Now if only the tournaments would be friendlier.[/QUOTE]

Then do you start off with 2 spinnerbox games? I had just started playing the game when I got it. I know all I was doing is betting the min. I know it was the game where the middle of it opened up with the big spinner. I thought I ended up getting the bonus symbole in the middle one so I would end up getting an extra spin again after that. On that spin you get max for each one. So each symbole counts as if you got 3 of it. I thought that was how I got it.

What I did for the bridge games was max bets on 3 & 18 keystones, then for the inside bets max bets for all of the numbers besides 10 & 11, then max on all of the triples, the whole bottom row. Then you just keep playing replacing those bets (by hitting RB) until you get a triple. I had always gotten a triple in the first game. Once you have the triple, you can stop betting and get the game to end. Yes, you may run out of money if you don't get a triple in the first game, so just restart the tournament.

[quote name='KingBroly']You can't get it on the first one. The max you can win with a bet of 1 there is 50.

EDIT: I FREAKING DID IT! I give Pimpinc the credit for this one. Just crawled into bed to relax, continuing to press A and looked away. I turned the sound up, 5 minutes later, boink! Achievement get! Now if only the tournaments would be friendlier.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause: Good Stuff.

The Spinnerbox Tournaments can go to hell. The CPU NEVER LOSES MONEY. They always seem to go up, and after about the 15th spin, they seem to lock your maximum place. So, if you're not in the Top 5 after a few spins, you're screwed. Seriously, terrible, terrible design.

Back to the Tower I guess for some easy cash before they patch it. Hopefully they'll change the CPU's luck as well. Cheating bastards.

[quote name='KingBroly']The Spinnerbox Tournaments can go to hell. The CPU NEVER LOSES MONEY. They always seem to go up, and after about the 15th spin, they seem to lock your maximum place. So, if you're not in the Top 5 after a few spins, you're screwed. Seriously, terrible, terrible design.

Back to the Tower I guess for some easy cash before they patch it. Hopefully they'll change the CPU's luck as well. Cheating bastards.[/quote]

I was doing the third Spinnerbox Tournament and on the 97th turn I won the jackpot (Max you can win). Clearly I was in first and then two turns later, I was back in 7th. That always happens when I win a decent amount, they win just as much and then some.

Same with that keystone arch game. I'm in the 4th or 5th game and then triples start happening out of nowhere all the time and then I'm no longer in the top 5. Pisses me off, so I've been taking riskier bets and yet despite being a couple thousand above the starting amount, I'm still in 6th or 7th.

I have to say the games are not fun at all to play atleast not for me. I only played them due to the glitch. If it was not for that I would have said fuck this shit. I was able to get gold and just blow it to level and get the points for all games. I bridge one I would just max everything out. I would get 3-5k every roll of the dice. Well 3-5K worth of points I lost only about 20k of gold each time. Only thing I really want to take into fable 2 is the stuff I won. The gold I really dont care about. However I think all the items can be bought in the game. So that really does not matter to me also.

Looks like Amazon ran out of codes, wtf, I'm not buying this game either. I only really like the one game out of the three, the Tower one.

Edit: Just got an email with the code, wonder if it was because I posted on amazon or it just took a while, yaah free game!

It's a glitch and they're patching it. I just wonder that'll mean for my ill gotten winnings. I have all the items now. All I need is No Stone Unturned for 200/200 then I'll just go play something else for 2 months.

EDIT: Just got 200/200 :)

bread's done
Back