[XBLA] - Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 1200 Points - Out Now!

I guess I am harsh then. I was hoping for more levels like the ones in the game. I wouldn't pay for a pack like this if it was more than a dollar or two. Certainly not at five bucks.

Yeah I'm honestly hoping for brand new set pieces or something. Like an arctic stage.

Real talk they can just say fuck the DLC and get cracking on the sequel.

Oh, this is on the level before the spike pits, I think I cheated my way through a section and forgot to ask this. So there are three platforms on rails which move depending on if you hit a switch on the left. There is also a switch on the right, behind two fire geysers, which activates the spikes on the wall to move from one place the other.
I used the grenade launcher and fired at the spike and target on the right which just barely worked as the platform moved after I hit the left switch initially.
Is that how you're supposed to do it or did I just luck out and trick the system?

The way I did that part was in co op. I have not played it in single player yet. I had toted stand on the first platform then had lara attach her grapple to the ring that pops up. I then had totec activate the bullseye on the other side by using the grenade launcher to get Lara all th way around. Once she was on the other side and standing on the switch there totec jumped on her now twisted around the center pole grapple to get to the other side. Sorry if this should be in spoiler tags, let me know and I will hide it.

I'm working my way through this game slowly and am thoroughly enjoying it. I'd never played a Lara Croft game before, except a long time ago playing I think the first one for a little bit and nit liking it much, though I probably didn't give it a chance. Are there any others like Guardians and that are also good? When I'm done this I'd like to get another good one.

I finished this game tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then I started the DLC challenge pack which I got when it was free (still free?). The first level was pretty fun, but the second one... I *hate* that thing. After lots of frustration I stopped playing. I'll try the others another night, but I don't know that I'll bother trying to finish the second one. Incredibly frustrating that one is.

There's a new challenge pack available today, amazingly costing 400 microsoft points, yet it appears to be on par with challenge pack 1. Even stranger, this is challenge pack 3. What happened to challenge pack 2? It doesn't matter anyway, seeing how stunningly overpriced this one is. 4 challenge levels for $5? Highway robbery, that is.

Good to know that its more of the same as the first pack. Now I know to skip it. I would pay $5 for a few new levels on par with the original game, not for these challenge levels. And yes, I thought it was funny there's no challenge pack 2 yet..

[quote name='WTPolaris']Good to know that its more of the same as the first pack. Now I know to skip it. I would pay $5 for a few new levels on par with the original game, not for these challenge levels. And yes, I thought it was funny there's no challenge pack 2 yet..[/QUOTE]

I think Challenge Pack 2 may be a Sony exclusive right now. I know PS3 had a different free DLC than 360, but I'm not at my PS3 to check.

That's pretty stupid if the Xbox won't get CP2, yet there's a space for CP2. Not that it really matters, unless they give them all away free at some point.

Yeah I just grabbed Kane and Lynch Character Pack. Just a heads up to anyone who didn't see it posted on the free marketplace thread, (free to gold users).

Edit: Finally beat that damn challenge pack we got for free a while ago for being a gold user. As for the new character pack, meh I'd rather play as Lara but it was a nice free add-on anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back