XBLA - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 1200pts

tbh I dont care for happs sticks at all. I know they are the favorite amongst mvc2 players but the HappComp stick I had had a crazy spring in it. if u hold left and let go it would bounce and input right. then again i started play mvc2 at a namco arcade which had it in a jap cabinet so I got used to that layout and stick.

It would be awesome for madcatz to create another stick but w/ all the planning and work they put into the sf4 stick I dont see it happening for this game. Also note I do not believe u can swap a happ comp stick into a SF4 TE stick. believe the mounting plate is different and also its way too long.
Edit:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s35/naiku/happ-te.jpg
if u can somehow jam it into the case...it will be practically attached to the bottom of the case

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='naiku']tbh I dont care for happs sticks at all. I know they are the favorite amongst mvc2 players but the HappComp stick I had had a crazy spring in it. if u hold left and let go it would bounce and input right and left again. then again i started play mvc2 at a namco arcade which had it in a jap cabinet so I got used to that layout and stick.[/QUOTE]I had a HAPP stick where I managed to get just the right amount of spring in it, so if you gave it a deliberate downward flick it would register an "up" input on the recoil. It was great for teleports in Mortal Kombat and I imagine it would have been handy for super-jumps in the Vs games as well.

That was on my semi-retired "backup" stick though (X-arcade, I didn't know better!). I'd love to get a similar springiness on my new stick... I'm afraid of getting it TOO springy though cuz I'd hate to be triggering things by accident (just like you were talking about)!

[quote name='BustaUppa']
That was on my semi-retired "backup" stick though (X-arcade, I didn't know better!). I'd love to get a similar springiness on my new stick... I'm afraid of getting it TOO springy though cuz I'd hate to be triggering things by accident (just like you were talking about)![/QUOTE]

same boat man. I had an xarcade because i was young and didn't know better. Did swap the parts out for all happ comp. I would like to have a stick thats somewhere inbetween happ and sanwa. happ u gotta put a little arm into it, sanwa I like the percision but I beat the shit of the thing and fear for its life.

Did anyone start up a MVC2 game night for cags? I would love to play some of you guys just casual fun like Team Jill, Stryder, Doom.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I thought I saw Arcade...if that's the case I know I won't be getting that one unless I'm boosting with someone :oops:[/QUOTE]

You might be able to get it against a second controller on your 360, if it just says multiplayer and not online multiplayer or Ranked Match.

I played for an hour with sean last night...and maybe won one match. :lol:

Button mashing actually worked okay for the characters I'd never used before, although my opponents never had much trouble taking me down in those matches.

Servbot vs. Servbot was a LOT of fun. :D

[quote name='jdeluis']Also wanted to add that this is the only fighting game in which I don't get mad or frustrated after losing.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Maybe it's because I'm going in expecting to lose.

[quote name='Puffa469']So DL'd and started playing last night (I suck!) and teh funnies happened.

I was Jill Valentine and I summoned a Zombie. Then I summoned a Raven, which flew down and hit the zombie in the back of the head, knocking it over. But the zombie fell forward, right at the feet of my opponent and it quickly grabbed their legs and started munching.

It's like a retarded combo![/QUOTE]

I need to give that one a shot. That sounds like the dumbest combo ever...but it worked.

[quote name='Strell']Looking to play some people tonight, hopefully in about an hour or so.

I'll incentivize - you WILL win against me. Sure, I'll flail around like a dork and attempt to play, but you WILL win.

So hit me up if anyone is lookin' to throw down.[/QUOTE]

You're on, Strell. I'm going to do my best to out-lose you.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Capcom/MadCatz should have released MvC2 themed joysticks and game pads like they did with SFIV.[/QUOTE]

They WILL, but for Marvel vs Capcom 3 using the SF4 engine.

or Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD Remix using the, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Engine which was specifically designed to be compatible with Marvel vs Capcom 2, note how the power moves, and character switching is just like MvC2 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcwEE-q-AjE

[quote name='Master Ninja']They WILL, but for Marvel vs Capcom 3 using the SF4 engine.

or Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD Remix using the, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Engine which was specifically designed to be compatible with Marvel vs Capcom 2, note how the power moves, and character switching is just like MvC2 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcwEE-q-AjE[/QUOTE]

I know it's wishful thinking but I do hope that this game makes a good chunk of change and we end up seeing a next gen MvC3

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I know it's wishful thinking but I do hope that this game makes a good chunk of change and we end up seeing a next gen MvC3[/QUOTE]
I hope they don't make another MvsC. 2 is enough. im glad that they made a tasunko vs. capcom instead if using the same marvel characters over and over again. time to venture into different territory.

The problem in TvC is that looping is a huge problem in that game. I have yet to come across any other fighter that has had such a large looping problem. Hope they fix it in the NA release but I doubt it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I know it's wishful thinking but I do hope that this game makes a good chunk of change and we end up seeing a next gen MvC3[/QUOTE]

Exactly they put all the work and effort into creating "the engine" for Tasuko vs Capcom, and they will use the money that Tasuko vs Capcom makes. To pay for Marvel vs Capcom 3

Anyone find the Madcatz SFIV gamepad to be helpful, my thumbs cant take anymore of the 360 D-pad, that one doesnt look too bad.

[quote name='Link927']Anyone find the Madcatz SFIV gamepad to be helpful, my thumbs cant take anymore of the 360 D-pad, that one doesnt look too bad.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm using. It totally helps a ton, but a joystick might be better. It still cramps up your hands a bit after an hour or so YMMV on that ofcourse.

is anyone using the fightpad? I finally just ordered one for SFIV and I am hoping it works well enough to get my money's worth. Also has anyone used this on blazblue

I am so mad! I downloaded this yesterday when I got home from work and then later when I was going to play it my console Red Ringed on me!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's what I'm using. It totally helps a ton, but a joystick might be better. It still cramps up your hands a bit after an hour or so YMMV on that ofcourse.[/QUOTE]

I've been switching back and forth, but I just get a better response with the d-pad. I havent had much problem with other fighting games, but MvC2 has shown me that I need a controller that can get me a better response. I might pick one up later today on Amazon, unless someone else knows of a cheaper option ;)

So I think I've narrowed it down to a couple of different choices (I cant justify buying a TE though).

SVIV SE stick (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Stre...2VCU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1248989597&sr=8-2)

Hori Fighting Stick Ex 2 (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fight...299080-8741916?ie=UTF8&qid=1248989203&sr=8-16)

or

MadCatz FightPad (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Stre...2WMY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1248989403&sr=8-6)

Are the SE sticks worthwhile? They seem to have a lot of problems based on the amazon reviews.

I'm going to add a couple more people to my friends list in the hopes of both playing with some fellow CAGs and people my skill level.

downloading now! I'll probably see some of you peeps online... if I do, I'll apologize in advance for not talking since my stick doesn't have a headset jack on it (still gotta get me a wireless headset)!

[quote name='BlueScrote']So I think I've narrowed it down to a couple of different choices (I cant justify buying a TE though).

SVIV SE stick (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Stre...2VCU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1248989597&sr=8-2)

Are the SE sticks worthwhile? They seem to have a lot of problems based on the amazon reviews.

I'm going to add a couple more people to my friends list in the hopes of both playing with some fellow CAGs and people my skill level.[/QUOTE]

I have to say, I'm quite happy with my SE stick. The only compliant that I have is something due to me being nit picky and wanting to feel corners (To keep it simple: The restrictor plate is square, so the stick has a nice even flow. I'm weird and want to feel edges, but this is something I intend to mod myself).

The biggest complaint you'll hear besides people being picky about the buttons is a issue with the Washer. Apparently, the first couple of batches of these fightsticks, have a washer that comes undone inside the joystick that can actually damage it. I believe MadCatz has fixed this, and will fix it for free should it occur.

So if there's nothing I can say or do to convence you to grab the TE version of the stick (Which is quite nice and I honestly wish I saved a few bucks and went for instead) I think you'll be happy with the SE.

Going back on topic; Man is this game fun and a good relaxer before work.

[quote name='flybrione']I am so mad! I downloaded this yesterday when I got home from work and then later when I was going to play it my console Red Ringed on me![/QUOTE]
that fuckn sux!

[quote name='Aku']I have to say, I'm quite happy with my SE stick. The only compliant that I have is something due to me being nit picky and wanting to feel corners (To keep it simple: The restrictor plate is square, so the stick has a nice even flow. I'm weird and want to feel edges, but this is something I intend to mod myself).

The biggest complaint you'll hear besides people being picky about the buttons is a issue with the Washer. Apparently, the first couple of batches of these fightsticks, have a washer that comes undone inside the joystick that can actually damage it. I believe MadCatz has fixed this, and will fix it for free should it occur.

So if there's nothing I can say or do to convence you to grab the TE version of the stick (Which is quite nice and I honestly wish I saved a few bucks and went for instead) I think you'll be happy with the SE.

Going back on topic; Man is this game fun and a good relaxer before work.[/QUOTE]

I ended up ordering a TE from newegg (damn you willpower).

Im feeling like im already get a bit better from just playing around in arcade mode (read: not getting my ass handed to me online).

[quote name='BlueScrote']So I think I've narrowed it down to a couple of different choices (I cant justify buying a TE though).[/QUOTE]

Get the SE or save up a little more for the TE, they are much better mod-ability wise. The SE is actually just as good as a TE after you switch out all the buttons, and the decline in the palm rest is very comfortable. I been through all 3 sticks and I love my TE's. But I also modded a SE before I sold it and loved it the same way. If you aren't into fighting games, then maybe a EX2 is good for the casual. But if you intend to use it everyday or other day like me then you'll want something superior.

Like someone said the SE had the washer problem but it seems to be all squared away with. If you are anything like me after playing with a stick you might not even want to touch a controller again. I'm holding off on controller play til ODST and MW2. Fighting games are my #1 priority now. Time is too short to get good at all these fighting games coming out now, but fighting games will never be the same with a controller.

I hope you make the right choice, it'll be worth it in the end. I found out first hand. I could've purchased a PS3 but instead I chose to get 2 TE's for my 360, hate if you must, bbut I couldn't be happier.

Pro Tip of the Day, LOL.

edit: I'm retarded, I just read that you did order the TE, Great choice, I'm proud of you.

I got this Wednesday and woo, I am definitely not as good as I remembered I was. If anyone wants to add me for an easy win, go ahead.

huh, I was checking the Shoryuken.com Wiki for this game, but it is surprisingly incomplete. Some character pages are completely blank! Guess I'll defer to GameFAQs for some more strategy.

That dust cover is gigantic. I will be putting Sanwas in my friend's stick tonight.
I modded an SE before with Sanwas and after being modded it feels just as good as a TE.

[quote name='BustaUppa']huh, I was checking the Shoryuken.com Wiki for this game, but it is surprisingly incomplete. Some character pages are completely blank! Guess I'll defer to GameFAQs for some more strategy.[/QUOTE]

Check the forums. There's usually stickies on each character's respective forums on their strategies.

[quote name='jman619']Can't believe I like this more than KOFXII, and Blazblue. Use to play it so much back in the day. I figured I would be sick of it,but I still love it.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I feel the same way. I still havent touched my BB yet, partially because of LE but mostly because Im playing this until my thumbs wear out. Which reminds me, still need to get myself a fightpad...

I played this game at a friend's house and tried to beat it as an X-Men team. I hate the fucking ridiculous difficulty that this has (same problem with HD Remix) because it's 10x harder than the Dreamcast version. But multiplayer is great.

[quote name='flybrione']I am so mad! I downloaded this yesterday when I got home from work and then later when I was going to play it my console Red Ringed on me![/QUOTE]

I hear ya, fortunately I got to play it for some time, but this morning I turned on my console and got that E74. *sigh*

[quote name='BlueScrote']What arcade sticks is everybody using? I've perused the Arcade stick thread, and it seems I want a HAPP stick for MVC2, but I'm not particularly sure where I would get one for a decent price.

If HAPP sticks aren't actually available for retail (i.e. you need to mod it in), what other sticks have a nice hard spring to the stick thats good for MvC2?

I ask here instead of the stick thread because, well, The only fighting game I'm really playing at the moment is MVC2 so I figured I'd ask those who are playing it :roll:[/QUOTE]

I have a SFAC Happ stick for sale, although it is a PS1 PCB.

[quote name='Matt Young']I played this game at a friend's house and tried to beat it as an X-Men team. I hate the fucking ridiculous difficulty that this has (same problem with HD Remix) because it's 10x harder than the Dreamcast version. But multiplayer is great.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why people are saying this, it's one of the easiest fighters to be honest. What was giving you trouble?

Also check out the number....
e0k2a9.jpg

[quote name='Matt Young']I played this game at a friend's house and tried to beat it as an X-Men team. I hate the fucking ridiculous difficulty that this has (same problem with HD Remix) because it's 10x harder than the Dreamcast version. But multiplayer is great.[/QUOTE]
Wat?

[quote name='Ayu255']I modded my SE stick with Sanwa joystick + buttons. It feels a lot nicer and more accurate...and colorful.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3291/img2311v.jpg[/QUOTE]

Oh that is simply fabulous!

I was actually half way tempted to go with a pink top for my replacement stick as well, just for laughs, but went with white thinking "Well, no point picking a color scheme till I figure out if I want to do cover art or not".

BlueScrote, good decision man, you will not be disappointed.

Things I learned from playing online, day 1 doesn't mean shit(went 14-3). Currently 28-24 or something like that.
Tboone projectile assist hurts a lot but easy to avoid. Fly away Magneto!! WOOOSH!

Snapouts are fun, until u snapout their main to get to their assist.... to have ure main rolled by their assist character. Its very embarassing. :(

A lot of people like ironman psylock to do his inf, its cool but most players suck at getting his special to connect. Thats where u can punish them hard.

Also when rushing down, you must be defensive. If not you get caught too often by poke/assist damage and find yourself needing to assist out.

Online is good fun though, would like to see a cag game night !!
Edit- yet to run into a crazy good player. About 6-7years ago I used to go up to Nickel City in Northbrook IL where a bunch of the midwest fighter players went to. The marvel players their would control the match with a single hit. yet to see people really take advantage of the character drop ins during deaths or snapouts besides the occasional Cable j.HP >Super crap.

SHORT VERSION - I am hooked on mvc2 why isn't there a cag game night!

[quote name='Matt Young']SSFII HD Remix had the same problem.[/QUOTE]
How was HD Remix hard? The only thing tough about it was the original arcade version's A.I. The HD Remix of arcade mode fixed that problem.

MVC2's arcade mode IS crazy hard. I tried for some of the achievements but would always end up losing at some point. The only other achievement that i find insanely bs is the SF2 Hyper Fighting never lose a round one. I try for that all the time, and i can get to bison without losing a round, but then get owned. Its so disheartening.

I could use some more CAG MvC2 love.

SPAM ME WITH FRIEND INVITES PLEASE!!!

HoweTR

Edit: NM, I'll just start spamming everyone in this thread with invites~!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll play if anyone else is lookin' for matches.

Once again: You will be victorious. If I had the option unlocked to use the same character over and over, I'd field a full Legoman team. Sadly I cannot do this yet.

[quote name='naiku']Things I learned from playing online, day 1 doesn't mean shit(went 14-3). Currently 28-24 or something like that.
Tboone projectile assist hurts a lot but easy to avoid. Fly away Magneto!! WOOOSH!
[/QUOTE]

You're telling me. I went something to the extent of 17-2. Now Im down to 25-25, with my weekly being about 2-12. Its not just the infinite combo-ers either, some people are good at playing time, I've lost my last 4 or 5 because of time.

[quote name='raizanillusion']Well back to practice mode for me. I have it the on 360 and will get it on the PS3. Hit me up if interested.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about earlier, I kept on trying to join your game but kept reeiving the "failed to join game" message.

for the achievement whores like me or curious about your ranked win/lose

http://www.tu4ar.com/mvc2.html?lang=en > Gamercards

it keeps track of your last 20 games played. that 50 One player victory thing is ridiculous. Anyways easy way to check yourself on the leaderboards. not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

bread's done
Back