XBLA - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 1200pts

[quote name='naiku']for the achievement whores like me or curious about your ranked win/lose

http://www.tu4ar.com/mvc2.html?lang=en > Gamercards

it keeps track of your last 20 games played. that 50 One player victory thing is ridiculous. Anyways easy way to check yourself on the leaderboards. not sure if this has been mentioned yet.[/QUOTE]

This is the worst explained achievement I can think of. Not only is the actual way you unlock it complicated, but it's a ridiculously difficult one to get. I have all of the other achievements already, but I don't think I'm going to put much effort in on that one.

Im getting a lot of quits in the lobby, which then kicks me out and leaves me at a screen which has that blue backround but now its stuck and I have to go back to dashboard to play again. Its not like you can see who you're playing against, wonder if its just a bad connection....

[quote name='Link927']Im getting a lot of quits in the lobby, which then kicks me out and leaves me at a screen which has that blue backround but now its stuck and I have to go back to dashboard to play again. Its not like you can see who you're playing against, wonder if its just a bad connection....[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is really annoying. You can only see the " (A) Accept" thing at the bottom, right?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah that is really annoying. You can only see the " (A) Accept" thing at the bottom, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, thats the one. Its just a minor inconvience, but still, I'd rather get back into the game quicker than have to go around the problem.

[quote name='Link927']Im getting a lot of quits in the lobby, which then kicks me out and leaves me at a screen which has that blue backround but now its stuck and I have to go back to dashboard to play again. Its not like you can see who you're playing against, wonder if its just a bad connection....[/QUOTE]

HD Remix had this problem too. The online multiplayer is awesome when you actually connect, but we you can't (for whatever reason), it does this crap from time to time. I'm to the point now that if the match doesn't start in 5 seconds of me and the opponent being there, I back out myself so it doesn't happen.

Loving this game again, but can someone tell me why this guy who is 0 and 2 is number 47 on the all time world leaderboards?

[quote name='thamaster24']Loving this game again, but can someone tell me why this guy who is 0 and 2 is number 47 on the all time world leaderboards?[/QUOTE]

Well, its based off of pts, not w/l, so thats why I see people with 120/100 as well as 7/4 around me.

[quote name='thamaster24']Loving this game again, but can someone tell me why this guy who is 0 and 2 is number 47 on the all time world leaderboards?[/QUOTE]

Well, its based off of pts, not w/l, so thats why I see people with 120/100 as well as 7/4 around me. However, not sure why a 0/2 would be mixed in unless that have a lot of pts

Good ol' MVC2. Sent/Storm/Commando/Mag/Psy/Cable and sometimes Cyke... especially from the guys at the top of the leaderboard, who always, ALWAYS wait for the counterpick, despite having used the same team for the last 50 matches.

Can't never not stop practicing for Evo? Do you even know there's 56 characters in the game? Ever tried anything outside the top tier? It's been 9 years, aren't you bored of...

Sent: "Fly/Unfly/Fly/Unfly/Assist/Fly/Punch/Unfly/Fly/Unfly/Assist/Fly/Punch"

Storm: "Runrunrunrunrunrunhailrunrunrunrunhail"

Mag: "lk, lk, assist, lk, lk, lk, lk, lk, lk, lk, lk, lk, lk, lk..."

And whatever you do, don't talk over the mic, just treat the other player to the loud clacking of your sanwa buttons getting destroyed, and the occasional mouth-breather grunt. In fact, one of those guys at the top of the leaderboard grunted the whole match, like he was doing something obscene. :p

Love the game, hate the players. I did have a little fun getting all the achievements... but I felt guilty after the 50 one-character victories. And for every other match I win, no matter who I use, I get "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" player ratings. So what's "sportsmanlike", Sentinel kill combos? No, wait... Iceman/Ironman keep-away beam chip with Doom anti-air, that must be it.

(Although... I probably deserved to be avoided for the Kobun chip-damage kill.)

Can't even catch a break in player matches, I get cursing and threats whenever I win. So I just stopped playing outside of my friends list.

Glad to see others are having fun, though. Now if only KOFXII had MVC2's net code...

schwartzvald:

If you're rolling on 360, hit me up for some games. I change teams all the time and generally don't know what the hell I'm doing. Also I have a great tendency to pull out the Legoman, which means you're guaranteed to knock one of my guys out in about 4 seconds.

Otherwise, fun rant to read. I'm generally of the same opinion, which is why I don't care to play randoms. Same with SF4 - I'm pretty terrible at it, so I don't know why people think they need to pull out Akuma or Sagat on me.

I really want to play online, but don't want to get beat to death. I play a cheese team in Cable, Iron Man, and War Machine kind of OK, but I LOVE trying new teams all the time. I just hate never having a chance and quite frankly I have a family and just can't put in the time to become unstoppable.

So, I didn't find anything about this using search, but I'm bad at that. Has anyone else had a problem finding multiplayer matches? I've been trying every day since it came out and I've found 2 games against online opponents. Does this mean my NAT settings are off? How can you tell in NXE, they seem to have taken away the NAT status in the network settings of the dashboard. Any help would be great!

And if anyone wants to play my GT is Giantjerk. I just mailed off my 360 for repair today, so it'll be a few before I can play again.

giantjerk, Sometimes, during the morning, the ranked servers go dead for me, and list no matches. Also, like a lot of other 360 games, a little latency or packetloss to a matching server will cause half-assed updates of game lists. If you hit refresh and keep getting few/no games, then yeah, you should start diagnosing your network for problems.

Yesterday's NXE patch put back some of the network checking application, I think... I remember finding a new Help tab under "My XBOX", and I found some XBOX Live and Network status helpers under there. That might help.

But really, the only think your router needs to work with XBL is "UPNP", turned on and working to proper specifications. The 360 will then request the ports it needs opened through UPNP. You don't need, and shouldn't have, any manual port forwarding set for the 360.

Without proper UPNP support, XBL game matching never works quite right, because there's lots of different connections, each game uses a different set of servers, et cetera. If you don't have a router that properly supports UPNP, I have a recommendation. :)

If you have UPNP working, then I would suspect you are making poor connections to the MVC2 matching servers. At that point, I'd suspect something in your house, like a faulty router or modem, or the rare possibility of crappy internet on the way to the MVC2 servers.

Strell, I'll hit you up for some games at some point. I have another friend who's an old west-coast hat at the game, maybe I can get him to join in too. Or maybe we should just set up a friendly CAG MVC2 360 night. I dunno.

Loving this game. Never really got hardcore into it before now. Just played it at the arcade back in the day a few times.

I've been kicking ass online, just got my 100 wins. I'm at 117 wins with 60 losses but most of those losses are from my brother.

Anyways great game. I play as T.Bonne/Thanos/Sentinal mostly.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Is there anyway to go back to the main menu from the character select screen? Also can you random select somehow?[/QUOTE]

Well, in the DC version I remember you could have just held down all 4 buttons and start, but I dont think it works here, or at least I havent tried yet. And no random, but that thing is pretty sensitive, you could just blindly look away and pick a few random chars.

[quote name='giantjerk']Hey, what's with the 2 wolverines? Anyone know? I had this game on Dreamcast and don't remember 2 wolvies.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can remember, they did have 2 of them. One is the original bone claws, while the other one has adamantium. Not sure if they have the same movelist since I dont play either of them much.

I'm really good at the game as long as people don't spam me to death. I always thought cable was cheap until I saw a guy use Strider as his main guy. Then spam Doom, and sentinel to no end. He uses the orbs for strider, and spams Doom/Sentinel so many times its well over a 100 per match.:bomb:

[quote name='Strell']I blame the VCR.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, if I had a VCR hooked to my TV I'd blame the hell out of it too. *not my vid above*

Press B to go to the exit room screen, leave it there.

If the match doesn't start, you will get out 100% of the time safely.

You're welcome.

Also, if anyone wants to play me hit me up. Don't expect me to pick low tier though, my lowest team is BB Hood/IM/Sent

[quote name='heavyd853']Press B to go to the exit room screen, leave it there.

If the match doesn't start, you will get out 100% of the time safely.

You're welcome.

Also, if anyone wants to play me hit me up. Don't expect me to pick low tier though, my lowest team is BB Hood/IM/Sent[/QUOTE]

You don't understand. I can't even hit B as it does nothing. I go to Multiplayer or Leaderboards and it gets stuck on the screen in the video above. It doesn't even get to the point where you are trying to connect to another player. The only way to get out is to exit to the 360 dashboard via the Xbox Media button.

I'm just 12 wins away from the 50 ranked wins achievement!! Woot!!

Back in the day my holy trinity was Cable/War Machine/Iron Man just for the crazy hyper combos, but I have since moved on to Cable/Juggs/Omega Red for ranked matches, with some small variations.

For everything else I'm completely random, although I do like themes with my teams.

We really should get 6 of us together to create a lobby one night.

Is it just me, or is anyone having trouble with the triggers as assists. Are they just not as sensitive for this game? I find it much easier to call out assist partners with my bumpers, but I have to click a few times if I attempt to use the triggers. Its ok, except my left bumper doesnt "click" but still works.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Is there a printable character moves list anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Well, considering the sheer ammount of characters, thats gonna be a long list. Gamefaqs has a few move lists in the game's FAQs section, along with some individual character guides.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to return to the title menu screen!!!

In the first one, you could just hold select and start. This one though....I can't figure it out at all! (well, except by exiting out the entire game)

Please....it can't be this hard. I must be overlooking something

[quote name='strongpimphand']Can someone PLEASE tell me how to return to the title menu screen!!!

In the first one, you could just hold select and start. This one though....I can't figure it out at all! (well, except by exiting out the entire game)

Please....it can't be this hard. I must be overlooking something[/QUOTE]

only if i am not understanding your question. during a fight press Start, you get the pause menu....go to exit game. can't get to pause menu during character select and loading screens.

Yea, that's the answer....because I can only get back to the main menu via slecting characters and then exiting that way

I wonder why they couldn't make it like MVS 1 where you could just hold start/select at the character menu...

bread's done
Back