[XBLA] - Monday Night Combat - 1200 Points - Free DLC Out Now!

The problem is that is so very easy to die through pure randomness in this game. As I said...worst balanced game I have played in a long time. NOTE I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!

The sniper, assassin and support classes will dominate as far as killing goes. (Winning the game is another story but from my experience winning plays 5th fiddle to K/D) Like I said, the sniper in this game is the most over powered sniper that has ever picked up a rifle in a video game. 1 hit kill ability, massive regular damage, exploding rounds, freeze traps, one of the strongest grapples in the game and a Ion grenade that can tear through a group of bots. Add the fire rate endorsement on top and you basically have a long range shotgun. Seriously, not even Vassili Zaitsey has shit on this sniper.

A well placed firebase and you might as well have been locked in that asylum with freddy kruegers mom. And while you spend the next 10 min (if you are a caring person) trying to destroy it be prepared to get backstabbed 20 times my a cloaked ninja.

Ultimately the problem with this game is they have somehow made it a pain in the ass to "play the right way." Its a great game to fuck around in but its only when you try to win the game does it devolve into ooze.

I don't have much trouble breaking even even with bad teammates. It's just the bad teammates are really ruining the game for me.

The only class ability I have a serious problem with is the Firebase. Overpowered as shit at any range once fully upgraded and doesn't self destruct after you've killed the Support spawn camping next to it. Well... assuming you didn't have to kill half of the opposing team protecting the BOTH of them to begin with. Beyond stupid.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The only class ability I have a serious problem with is the Firebase. Overpowered as shit at any range once fully upgraded and doesn't self destruct after you've killed the Support spawn camping next to it. Well... assuming you didn't have to kill half of the opposing team protecting the BOTH of them to begin with. Beyond stupid.[/QUOTE]

It's relatively easy to kill even when fully leveled up with another support's air strike level 3. If it's under something (like a bridge - with the support constantly healing it)...well that's another story.

The assault rifle does minuscule damage to it. It's pretty fucking annoying. especially when it does pretty good damage to a pro.

When I first started playing I thought it would have disappeared when the support died. I quickly learned it did not :bomb:.

I haven't read the last 10 pages since I didn't even know this thread existed but does anyone get a bug where you enter a game only to say it has disconnected and get stuck at the MNC logo?

Its not about whether you can get kills with any class vs another. Your k/d is not the point.

The point I was making was the class set up is not balanced for a team game its more set up for a TDM which the game clearly isnt. The game is decently balanced for a FFA or TDM but not for a objective based game.

Most objective based games realize that 20-30% (made up numbers) of gamers will just be sprinting around doing random things. Usually you can still get enough people complete the objective playing "the right way," without those guys. Sadly MNC you can not, if 3/4 team is just fucking about you are pretty much at the mercy of random events causing the game to end.

Its far to easy to disrupt the flow of the game with people just running around. Whenever I decide to actually try and win a match is the time I see glaring holes and damn near broken gameplay when I am just pissing about and going after kills than the game runs fine with some hiccups.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The problem is that is so very easy to die through pure randomness in this game. As I said...worst balanced game I have played in a long time. NOTE I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!

The sniper, assassin and support classes will dominate as far as killing goes. (Winning the game is another story but from my experience winning plays 5th fiddle to K/D) Like I said, the sniper in this game is the most over powered sniper that has ever picked up a rifle in a video game. 1 hit kill ability, massive regular damage, exploding rounds, freeze traps, one of the strongest grapples in the game and a Ion grenade that can tear through a group of bots. Add the fire rate endorsement on top and you basically have a long range shotgun. Seriously, not even Vassili Zaitsey has shit on this sniper.

A well placed firebase and you might as well have been locked in that asylum with freddy kruegers mom. And while you spend the next 10 min (if you are a caring person) trying to destroy it be prepared to get backstabbed 20 times my a cloaked ninja.

Ultimately the problem with this game is they have somehow made it a pain in the ass to "play the right way." Its a great game to fuck around in but its only when you try to win the game does it devolve into ooze.[/QUOTE]
Let me just list some counters to all of the "seemingly overpowered classes"

A good sniper bringing you down?

Counter him with either an assault or assassin class, just make sure to avoid those pesky ice traps and the sniper goes down easy. As an assault jetpack around the traps and as an assassin flashbang jump behind him.

A firebase and a healing obsessed support bringing you down?

Target that shit long range with the sniper, couple rounds and maybe a flack grenade and that firebase is toast. (including the support with it)

Ninja's wreaking your party by being invisible and shit?

Be a sniper and make a landmine of ice traps, become a gunner and spam your slam, or basically become any class, because the assassin is easy as shit to take down with anything.

There just a couple of alternates to to your "seemingly overpowered classes"

Of course there is no counter for solid teamwork and just people outplaying you in general. So play more and get better.

Thanks captain obvious, that was like Gamefaqs 101.

But into a conversation without fully grasping what its actually about, point out a bunch of "tips" that everyone knew within the first 5 seconds of playing (and half the time is in the manual) and finish with a generic, "Its because you suck," remark. Seriously, did you just suggest shooting a firebase at long range with a sniper? Sorry to break this to you but this isnt our first rodeo chief, this is CAG most of us have been gaming for 15 years.

Christ...I try to welcome people to the site with open arms but its remarkable how many of them start out with this gamefaq, have to prove everyone is wrong/how good I am at a game thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']Thanks captain obvious, that was like Gamefaqs 101.

But into a conversation without fully grasping what its actually about, point out a bunch of "tips" that everyone knew within the first 5 seconds of playing (and half the time is in the manual) and finish with a generic, "Its because you suck," remark. Seriously, did you just suggest shooting a firebase at long range with a sniper? Sorry to break this to you but this isnt our first rodeo chief, this is CAG most of us have been gaming for 15 years.

Christ...I try to welcome people to the site with open arms but its remarkable how many of them start out with this gamefaq, have to prove everyone is wrong/how good I am at a game thing.[/QUOTE]
If you already knew all this then why were you bitching about the game being unbalanced? Is it because you just like to complain or what?

I don't get some people honestly, even on other forums that I post at. There is always someone whining and complaining.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

Most objective based games realize that 20-30% (made up numbers) of gamers will just be sprinting around doing random things. Usually you can still get enough people complete the objective playing "the right way," without those guys. Sadly MNC you can not, if 3/4 team is just fucking about you are pretty much at the mercy of random events causing the game to end.
[/QUOTE]

You can win games with only one person playing to the objective, and that one person is in charge of killing bots/turrets. Hell, the majority of games I play in I single handedly win them.

IMO, a good Tank player will win any team, any game.

[quote name='life.exe']IMO, a good Tank player will win any team, any game.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Spam that left trigger ftw. Coming from someone who has played with that class twice and has hated both experiences. When juiced it's a one hit ko.

The sniper comes at a close second when upgraded to sniper 3. The splash damage is a really great deterrent. When you get skilled enough to pull off fast headshots you're nearly unstoppable.

Now that every other game for me has been a Gears 2 lag fest on top of being consistently placed on some of the worst teams imaginable I'm going to avoid it like the plague until the patch comes out. If host migration still doesn't work as intended then I'm gone for good. The last game I left some moron discovered how to glitch on top of the scoreboard globe and of course everyone started doing it.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Now that every other game for me has been a Gears 2 lag fest on top of being consistently placed on some of the worst teams imaginable I'm going to avoid it like the plague until the patch comes out. If host migration still doesn't work as intended then I'm gone for good. The last game I left some moron discovered how to glitch on top of the scoreboard globe and of course everyone started doing it.[/QUOTE]
Thats strange I haven't experienced any lag so far, but I have been placed on some pretty horrible teams. When that happens just go lone wolf and look out for yourself, and just hope that you can carry the whole team.

I actually have a different problem, I can't seem to get the Caught Em Napping achievement.(Thats where you have to kill someone while in skillpick mode)

Either people have gotten a lot smarter about when they upgrade their skill, or that this achievement is based entirely on luck. Any tips?

I experience lag in about a 1/4 of my games. I know it's not my connection. It's the retard hosting it. Host migration is still broken. Supposedly the patch is under review but they need to hurry up with that thing. Only fix is to leave the game and try to join another.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']I actually have a different problem, I can't seem to get the Caught Em Napping achievement.(Thats where you have to kill someone while in skillpick mode)

Either people have gotten a lot smarter about when they upgrade their skill, or that this achievement is based entirely on luck. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

I frequently catch someone doing that. If you're having problems catching someone off guard, use the assassin cloaked. Or you can usually catch some pro (usually an engineer) in the distance with the sniper thinking they're safe to upgrade. It's headshot city.

CEN IS 100% chance/luck based (unless you could find someone to join your session late and pray they end up on the opposing team - might work). Best advice is to rush their spawn with a Sniper, Tank or Assassin class and wait it out. You might catch someone slipping or newbie that doesn't know any better. I got mine as an Assault chasing down another who thought I wouldn't follow him under a staircase. Pure luck of the draw when I charged him for the mop up he happened to be upgrading at the time.

As for ramboing through lost cause games for the big V I'm afraid countless hours of MW2 MP with friends has siphoned every drop of enthusiasm for it. I've always chosen to tough shitty games out by default immediately switching into TDM - SAVE YOUR K/D! mode though even that is the stretch these days depending on how bad we're being spawn camped. Much easier to just quit and move onto the next one than push yourself needlessly saving up enough juice for an overtime rush only to come up short because your Moneyball blew before you could close the distance. You know... with everyone camping there since the beginning of the match with two measly rocket turrets and negative K/D to show for it.

Unfortunately when those next games offer nothing more than another guaranteed loss and unexpected lag there's no better alternative than an early exit. If host migration gets fixed though I'll be back... eventually.

The lag is an issue for me too in about 1/4 of the games I play. I do agree that the host migration is a pain in the ass too as well as that glitch(?) where you "join" a game only to have it tell you you lost the connection to the host and then tells you it will kick you to the main menu...except it never does, it's just a logo and I haven't found a way around this beyond restarting the game entirely. That's pretty awful.

I agree with the Assassin idea for Caught 'Em Napping, though. I remember getting the achievement and not even really trying for it by just playing normally. Seems it's pretty easy over a few games to catch someone like that.

I only have a few balance "whines" about the game, they mostly center on the power of the Support's airstrike(if it can 1 shot ANYTHING outside of a turret in the ground), why can't my assault's bomb do the same given it has about the same amount of "wait" between throwing and detonating it?

Just a nitpick, though. I have noticed a shift towards a lot more tanks than when the game first came out and I've also noticed people have gotten much better with them. Things I used to not see(like the advertisement bomb) are showing up a lot more too.

[quote name='iRent']I haven't read the last 10 pages since I didn't even know this thread existed but does anyone get a bug where you enter a game only to say it has disconnected and get stuck at the MNC logo?[/QUOTE]

this happens a lot to me.

the best solution i found is to hit start, goto help, then goto play tutorial, then hit start and exit.

it's faster than going to dashboard and restarting the game.

any word when that patch is coming out?

[quote name='WTPolaris']I only have a few balance "whines" about the game, they mostly center on the power of the Support's airstrike(if it can 1 shot ANYTHING outside of a turret in the ground), why can't my assault's bomb do the same given it has about the same amount of "wait" between throwing and detonating it?[/QUOTE]

Well in its fully upgraded form both the damage and splash radius is pretty formidable. I've ringed out plenty of people in the past who happened to skirt the edges of it without even trying. Couple in the fact it is still more or less a 1-hit kill when stuck to anything outside of a Jackbot I can understand the differences between the two.

I have noticed a shift towards a lot more tanks than when the game first came out and I've also noticed people have gotten much better with them. Things I used to not see(like the advertisement bomb) are showing up a lot more too.
Amen along with soloing aggressive Supports and Gunners going double digits. Assaults are starting to shape up as well. I hadn't known until today that a fully upgraded Product Bomb SPLITS into additional blinding grenades after direct impact. If Tanks could spam them ala Assault GL I'd weep tears of scarlet. God knows in the few games I wasn't lagging or having kills cock blocked by guardian angel randoms I was having a blast with it.

Thanks for the advice guys about the Caught Em Napping achievement. I'll just keep trying until I get it.

I too am waiting until the patch comes out, especially glad they fixed that only bots can bring down the moneyball shield.

[quote name='bjstucker']hmm been pretty interested in this. Does CAG have a clan for this? Or do you just get randomly put on a team?[/QUOTE]

No clan tags or anything. You can however form a party.

EDIT:
This close to calling it quits. Matchmaking blows. 3 99's on one team (not to mention a 60+) vs. Me (68), 2 50+'s, and a level one. FFS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRent']No clan tags or anything. You can however form a party.

EDIT:
This close to calling it quits. Matchmaking blows. 3 99's on one team (not to mention a 60+) vs. Me (68), 2 50+'s, and a level one. FFS.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. Tonight I played on a team with people who were all 30-50 against a group of players 40-90, half of whom were in a party together and obviously play a lot. I was the only person on my team building turrets and using the annihilator. One other player was helping to spawn bots. That was it.

It seems to happen a lot, even with experienced players. I've played with a lot of level 60+ players who don't seem to understand the game, they just treat it like team deathmatch. There will be two or three people on my team with 15-20 kills and 5 assists, but they haven't spent a dime on anything but their own upgrades and we lose. Now that the game has been out it seems like a bunch of people have understood and mastered the game, but most people don't understand it. What happens is teams end up balanced or, more often, one team has more players who grasp the concepts of building and the different classes and steamrolls the other guys.

It also seems like games often start with unbalanced numbers. I can't even count the times that games have started that were 6 on 4 or 3 on 5. That often leads to someone quitting immediately on the small team, even though more people spawn in pretty quickly.

I don't know how that turned into a rant. I feel like every time I stop playing MNC is because I had two or three really crappy games in a row because of its problems and I no longer want to play it.

Should be getting a point card next week and wanna pick this game up.
Loved the demo and can't wait to buy the full copy

Title update is now live.
It's sad that they submitted it to Microsoft over a month ago and it took this long for MS to pass it. Hope people will still play.

List of changes:

Trial Game
Extended trial time to 60 minutes from 30.

Connectivity and Multiplayer:
Reworked the way we handle parties in the pregame lobby to avoid splitting them up.
Fixed several issues where host migration would fail immediately.
Decreased wait time after a successful host migration.
Lobbies will now host migrate and not kick you back to the main menu.
If the host leaves during the end of match sequence, the host will migrate and players will return back to the lobby and not the main menu.
Optimized the time it takes to migrate hosts, shortening the time to migrate.
Improved weapon hit detection in high lag situations.
Fixed endorsements being incorrect after a host migration.
Fixed getting into private matches without an invite.

General Gameplay:
Fixed players being able to damage the Moneyball's shields.
Fixed visual effects staying on the player after the effect has worn off.
Reduced the amount of increased damage the Moneyball takes in Overtime, thus reducing the effectiveness of "Juice rushing".
Fixed Ringouts, Headshots and Grapple Kills not giving the proper amount of money. Balanced Ringout money to reflect the change. Message now displays correct total amount of money earned.
New "You Win!"/"You Lose!" UI for the end of a match.
Fixed juice benefits ending early if the player grapples during juice.
Fixed juice bar getting stuck full.
Fixed deploying on or near active jump pads.
Fixed controller sensitivity of 10 not saving.
Fixed messaging for kill streaks. Ultra and Uber streaks will now be named properly when popping up above your reticle.
Fixed an instance of the player's skill pick UI going away unexpectedly.
Fixed an issue with bots walking by enemy turrets and bots without engaging them.
Fixed upgrading a turret that has been hacked to the opposing team.
Fixed turret collision not going away after being destroyed.
Normalized time between a grapple miss and the ability to grapple again for all grapples. The biggest change is the Assassin not having as big of a penalty for a missed grapple.
Fixed the "Team Leader" and "Team Player" highlights from being reversed.
Fixed players being able to mute themselves.
Fixed idle kicking when standing still but still looking around and/or shooting.
Fixed players who cheat and hack their profiles from being able to apply multiple gold endorsements.
Optimized main menu ticker for players with large friends lists.
Fixed HUD showing Moneyball shields as up during over time even though they are down.
Reduced announcer talking for kill streaks to help reduce the repetition of announcements.
Various performance optimizations.
Fixed players being able to switch weapons while in a grapple.

Support:
Reworked Support's bot aura so that it doesn't make the Jackbot appear overhealed.
Fixed Support's Firebase skill from recharging while the Support is dead but the Firebase skill exists.
Fixed being able to use the Heal/Hurt gun while taunting.
Fixed some instances of the Support's Firebase not appearing when thrown.
Fixed Heal/Hurt gun not being affected by rate of fire endorsements and reduced it's overall healing/hurting ability to compensate for the change.
Fixed Supports being able to use their Hack skill through walls.
Fixed Supports being able to throw their Firebases through the wall.
Fixed Air Strikes sometimes damaging enemies under cover.
Supports can now only Hack enemy turrets at Hack level 3.
Increased the time to Hack enemy turrets.
Decreased duration of Hack on a turret for levels 1 and 2.

Assassin:
Fixed Assassins from being able to get permanent sprint and super speed.
Fixed Assassins getting a double smoke bomb allowing them to jump higher than intended.
Fixed Assassins being able to cloak during a grapple.
Fixed Assassins from being able to use her smoke bomb during a lunge.
Retuned damage done by dagger after a lunge.
Fixed Scramblers and Traps from draining the Sword and Shruiken Launcher alternate fire grapple.

Tank:
Tank's Jet Gun alternate fire damage is now reduced depending on the percentage of ammo left in the clip. Increased the full clip damage to compensate.

Assault:
Fixed an exploit involving the Assault's Fly.
Fixed Assault's bomb audio lingering after bomb is gone.

Monday Night Combat Live Update System:
Pregame Lobby is now 45 seconds.
Min Number of Players to start Crossfire is now 6.
Increased player bot spawning from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

So I played a lot last night to check out the update. I like it a lot. Lots of little tweaks that makes it play a little differently. The biggest being that only robots can take down shields, so guarding and escorting them becomes a much bigger part of the game.

There is still one thing that the patch didn't fix, however, and that's that everyone still plays Gunner.

I played it with the new update but damn, like everyone else stated they need to put fix the match ups in matchmaking. No way a level 6 (me) should be put on a team with a bunch of 30's, 40's and our highest player be a 60 against people who's lowest rank is a 70 and highest rank is a 99 it's bullshit. Oh and where's the damn FREE 1st dlc?! I gave up on this game already and haven't touched it since the release of the patched update.

I think the reason the matchups are unfair are the number of people playing. It takes a tad longer to get in a match than it use to, which tells me that it can't find an ideal matchup, so it's putting you in so you can at least play. Otherwise you could be waiting 15 minutes for an ideal match.

I do hope some day that live actually tells you that's what it's doing though.

The problem is everyone is playing Reach and who knows what else. I still enjoy MNC more.

And I really question the many level 99's I have seen. It would be insanely hard to get that without cheating. Luckily, you don't really gain any advantage by cheating to 99.

Also, it took over a month for MS to approve their patch so who knows how long it will take MS to approve their DLC (both of which, btw, cost Uber $10,000 for each submit to MS).

[quote name='thrustbucket']

Also, it took over a month for MS to approve their patch so who knows how long it will take MS to approve their DLC (both of which, btw, cost Uber $10,000 for each submit to MS).[/QUOTE]

I have read/heard multiple times that the certification for the first title update is free. So, while it took a month, they didn't have to pay $10,000 for it.

I also read that when they did submit the patch, it was like a perfect storm of bad timing. Lot of stuff was being submitted for certification for the fall release. I read that MS has taken steps that this does not happen in the future. We'll see. :)

So matchmaking in this game is STILL Modern Warfare 2 lopsided? Ugh... I'll probably fire it up before the day is over but man is it getting harder to play with randoms these days. It appears the "never play it without a party" rule is going to apply fairly soon. ;(

What exactly is messed up in matchmaking? You guys feel like your being matched with guys that are "too good?"

I still think the problem is that only people that play MNC a lot are the ones playing. That isn't the games fault. Try to recruit some more cags to play (which is what I am trying to do) instead of crying that only good people play.

I play a few nights a week at this(and have since it came out over the summer) and am only level 62, so I don't know how all these 99s keep showing up.

Would love to get a group of 6 CAGs though to play together. I still have some enjoyable matches with randoms and the lopsided matching doesn't absolutely kill this game for me...yet.

I still think the sniper is a little OP in this game.

[quote name='thrustbucket']What exactly is messed up in matchmaking? You guys feel like your being matched with guys that are "too good?"

I still think the problem is that only people that play MNC a lot are the ones playing. That isn't the games fault. Try to recruit some more cags to play (which is what I am trying to do) instead of crying that only good people play.[/QUOTE]

no one is "crying" that only good people, learn to read. the levels being matched up are not right and they should take a look at how halo 3's matchmaking system was (minus the boosters of course lol). having a bunch of 99's on 1 team versus levels 4-60 doesn't make sense. I mean, if those are the only people playing the game then oh well can't do much about that but this game supposedly sold well so don't see how this game is still not pairing up people properly.

[quote name='thrustbucket']And I really question the many level 99's I have seen. It would be insanely hard to get that without cheating.[/QUOTE]

i reached level 99 without cheating and it didn't seem to take that long. i've been playing since the release and MNC is the game i play the most.

i noticed that a lot of people just picked up this game [ most likely because of the new patch ] and teams lately have been really lopsided which can get frustrating at times.

[quote name='intoxicated662']no one is "crying" that only good people, learn to read. the levels being matched up are not right and they should take a look at how halo 3's matchmaking system was (minus the boosters of course lol). having a bunch of 99's on 1 team versus levels 4-60 doesn't make sense. I mean, if those are the only people playing the game then oh well can't do much about that but this game supposedly sold well so don't see how this game is still not pairing up people properly.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Regardless of whether these higher leveled players are partied up or not there's no reason why the game should shove what's left of them on THEIR team automatically instead of splitting everything up evenly. THAT is the problem.

I really only bought this game to play with my nephew but he stopped playing too for the same reason(s) and also the patch was suppose to help but for some it hasn't. Another reason I bought this was because of the "free 1st dlc" which hasn't been released yet and we're still waiting just like that first dlc for that Tombraider game from xbla which never arrived. Bunch of bullshit

Uber's been releasing some info about the DLC:

Balance Changes

Assassin
  • Reduced damage done by the dagger to the Moneyball.
  • Increased the damage Assassins do after both dagger and sword lunge.
  • Normalized multipliers for both dagger and sword when doing damage from behind an enemy.
  • Reduced recovery time on Assassin’s alternate fire grapple on the Dagger, Sword and Shuriken Launcher.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Assassins to do too little damage from front facing, alternate fire, Shuriken face slap grapple.
Sniper
  • Reduced the damage the Moneyball takes from a sniper rifle.
  • Reduced the skill drain rate of Sniper Traps.
  • Reduced the amount of juice gain from the sniper rifle damaging targets.
Support
  • Reduced juice gain from healing with the Heal/Hurt Gun.
  • Increased skill recovery time of level 2 and 3 of the Support’s Air Strike.
Gunner
  • Reduced minimum damage on Gunner’s minigun, making it less effective at long ranges.
Tank
  • Reduced the damage the Moneyball takes from the rail gun.
Other Balance Changes
  • Decreased effectiveness of Lazer Blazer Turrets vs players.
  • Increased effectiveness of RockIt Turrets vs bots.
  • Reduced cost of all levels of RockIt Turrets.
  • Greatly increased the cooldown time for Juice machines in Crossfire.
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Changes

Arenas
  • All Arenas:
    • Added game clocks to spawn rooms.
    • Added new opening and closing cinematics.
    • Added heat vents to top of spawn room tunnels.
    • Changed all jump pads to be non-enabled at the start of a match.
  • Steel Peel Arena
    • Added glass walls to break some long lines of sight.
    • Moved turrets in each base.
    • Moved some jump pads to help getting ‘stuck-in-jump’ loops.
    • Added game clocks to the inside of the dome.
  • Ammo Mule Arena
    • Added bridge supports to better protect turrets.
    • Fixed issue that caused AmmoMule to show up less often than intended.
  • Lazer Razor Arena
    • Added extra jump pads to get to the top level of the left side of both ends of the arena.
    • Fixed Bot Spawners showing usable by wrong team.
    • Fixed jump pads not lighting up green when active.
    Grenade Arena
    • Reduced the number of juice machines so there are the same amount as other arenas.
    • Fixed Bot Spawners showing usable by wrong team.
  • Sprintz Arena
    • Added game clock to spawn room.
    • Added multiple round displays in the arena.
    • Added two more digits to round displays so that they show up to round 9999.
Tank
  • Fixed Rail Gun from being able to shoot through nearby walls.
  • Fixed various issues with the Jet Gun.
Sniper
  • Sniper Traps will now only freeze enemy Pros caught in the initial freeze trap explosion. An enemy Pro entering the area while the effect is active after the initial explosion will only be slowed. Traps work the same on bots as they did before.
  • Changed Flak visual effect to include team color and to have better performance.
  • Fixed issue where Sniper’s Flak would damage players inside their spawn.
  • Fixed Snipers disappearing in the other view port in split screen when they are zoomed in with the Sniper Rifle.
  • Using bot spawners as a Sniper will now spawn two Scrambers.
  • Fixed issue where the sniper rifle, in certain instances, could shoot through walls .
Gunner
  • Fixed Minigun getting stuck with no ammo and not reloading.
Assassin
  • Assassins no longer make an audible hum to allied players.
  • Fixed an issue with the cloak sound not going away when the Assassin dies.
Support
  • Fixed an issue with Firebases that caused them to focus on a Moneyball they can’t hit.
  • Reworked Heal/Hurt Gun code to make it more reliable.
  • Fixed griefing with Firebases: Firebases placed on an active jump pad or activating a jump pad with a Firebase on it will now destroy the Firebase.
Other Fixes and Changes
  • Fixed GapShots in Blitz from moving on clients when they are stopped on the host.
  • Reworked reload to greatly reduce the occurrence of having to restart reload when the reload animation was interrupted near the end.
  • Reworked the death UI so that it now displays the endorsements of who killed you.
  • Fixed players assisting in their own death.
  • Fixed Tank’s and Gunner’s jump jets staying on after a jump.
  • Fixed getting charged multiple times when using hazards and juice machines in high lag situations.
  • Changed money, kills, assists and deaths font in the scoreboard to add more emphasis on money making.
  • Fixed new round music riff and crowd cheer to play during Crossfire.
  • Changed formatting of numbers in the ticker to make them more readable.
  • Fixed seeing two Moneyballs in the end-game cinematic if the game ended without one being destroyed.
  • Fixed Bouncers playing their grapple animation when they charge at a player but hit a Blackjack.
  • Fixed Moneyball sometimes showing its shields when it has none.
  • Fixed players recovering health very quickly while juiced.
  • Various audio tuning for frequency and balance of sounds and voices.
  • More improvements to host migration to make it faster and more reliable.
  • More improvements to the party system when joining games and after host migration.
  • Reworked how random maps are chosen to be less repetative.
They'll be releasing more info every day this week as part of their "Halloween Unmasking":
http://www.uberent.com/blog/2010/10/monday-night-combat-halloween-unmasking-part-ii/

Based on this latest update, looks like sometime in November:

Let’s reveal some of the general new additions that will be part of the free DLC in November.
All Star Mode
  • Added a feature that allows players to go beyond level 99 by going back to level 0 and getting a new “All Star” icon next to their name.
Highlights
  • Added in 12 new highlights with associated ProTags.
Career Milestones
  • Added career milestones and ProTags for bacon pickups.
  • Added career milestones and ProTags for killing each type of class.
[TASTY PICKUP]

• Added [TASTY PICKUP], a prize that drops and gives [SOMETHING AWESOME].
  • Added career milestones and ProTags for [TASTY PICKUP].
Club Tags
  • Added a 4 character ‘Club Tag’ that players can append to their name.
Other Additions
  • Added “South Paw” and “South Paw Tactical” control schemes.
  • Added multiplayer ready functionality so a game can start before the timer runs out if most players press X in the lobby and set themselves as ready.
  • Added several new loading movies.
  • Added a mascot head icon on the locker room menu denoting when you have a new ProTag from a highlight or career milestone.
  • Added many new Mickey Cantor announcements.
  • Added new effect for picking up bacon and [TASTY PICKUP].
More to come this week…

http://www.uberent.com/blog/2010/10/monday-night-combat-halloween-unmasking-part-iii/

More Mickey Cantor? HI-OH! I'd buy this just for that if it weren't free to be honest. I'll return to this game the day the DLC drops if I'm not preoccupied with Black Ops.

played this for past few days. it's still taking a while to get consist scores but I get the jist of it. So far mainly used Assassin but trying Sniper atm. anyone know of some good sites for the game? the wiki/wika one is meh

About the only good place for discussing endorsement usage and tactics that I've found have been the official Uber Entertainment Forums over at http://uberent.com/forums/ . There's a bit of elitism there but I've found the guides are a good help in setting up the custom classes for the game.

Free DLC finally hits tomorrow (December 1st).

Spunky Cola Free DLC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKjiHhXyfW4&feature=player_embedded

Full list of fixes and additions here.

Most importantly:
churros-1024x576.jpg

You can now add a '4 character club tag' to the end of your name. Everyone goona do CAG?

Oh man, I've been barely playing BlackOps as it is. I might as well trade it in now that this is coming out.

bread's done
Back