XBLA - Rez HD - 800pts

Rez, Ikaruga, and Super Street Fighter HD is where I will be spending my points at. Hopefully Ikaruga, and Street Fighter come out real soon as well.

I have yet to pay for anything on XBL Arcade, but this will be well worth the money to me. I remember renting the PS2 version years ago - it's one of those games you just never forget.

Only 50 free copies? That is some serious weak shit right there!

I hope some other free MS points opportunity springs up ala the FOX promotion.

[quote name='evanft']800 pts? That's a fucking bargain.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps the first time in the history of this forum that someone wasn't bitching about a game costing 800 points.

[quote name='porieux']I can never get enough of this photo[/QUOTE]

^ jane pinckard of gamegirladvance.com and the 1up show

jane_homepage_1UP.jpg

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']^ jane pinckard of gamegirladvance.com and the 1up show

jane_homepage_1UP.jpg
[/quote]

Was that a version of Michael Jackson at some point? ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Was that a version of Michael Jackson at some point? ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

This is great that we finally have a date for this. I find it HILLARIOUS that this week's game is a compensation...:rofl: That's really weak, but hey. Free is free.

I don't think they would mess with the music. Just that it'll be HD.

This should be an instant buy with any 360 owner.

Its gonna be one awesome year for XBLA!

Kinda miffed that I bought the PS2 version a couple years ago for $40, and never got around to playing it! Oh well, at least it was part of a B2G1 deal.

Anything new in the HD version, besides HD graphics and achievements?

I just saw this game on the XBL Dev network. A-fucking-mazing! Definitely worth the 800 pts.

I can't say whether or not they've changed the music since I vaguely remember the original but the HD graphics update is sure to please everyone.

I'm a huge fan of Rez. I had trouble finding the PS2 version, but eventually got it. It will be great to play it again...and now with achievements!

After watching countless videos and testamonies from practically everyone under the sun, I STILL can't see the appeal in this game. Maybe it has something to do with the vibration thing? I'm not convinced...I enjoy rumble as much as the next guy, but I can't get excited over this. :(

[quote name='infamyRISE']After watching countless videos and testamonies from practically everyone under the sun, I STILL can't see the appeal in this game. Maybe it has something to do with the vibration thing? I'm not convinced...I enjoy rumble as much as the next guy, but I can't get excited over this. :([/QUOTE]

you have to play it to get it, i thought it was fucking stupid when i watched my roommate play it on the ps2, then i tried it and got hooked. I like to compare games like this to golf, boring as shit to watch, but actually pretty awesome when you play.

[quote name='infamyRISE']After watching countless videos and testamonies from practically everyone under the sun, I STILL can't see the appeal in this game. Maybe it has something to do with the vibration thing? I'm not convinced...I enjoy rumble as much as the next guy, but I can't get excited over this. :([/QUOTE]
Play it first.

Anyway, got it this morning and played a bit before I had to leave for school. They did a great job with it. The game looks awesome on my HDTV, and the 5.1 sound is awesome. As soon as I get home I'm going to try it with the extra controllers for the transvibrator feel. I'm still going to keep my PS2 version, since I want to have a hard copy, but this is the best version of the game.

Everyone needs to at least download the demo. I'm hoping the game will get a lot more of the recognition it deserves now.

Wow, the remastered 5.1 soundtrack sounds excellent!
Me and the Mrs. were surprised about how much better it sounds than the original. We swear we can hear things we never noticed before.

I never was able to find a copy of the original, so I was really happy that they decided to port the game to XBLA and give it a nice update. The transvibrators are awesome, and the game is a lot of fun - the only problem is that it hurts my eyes since the game encourages me not to blink, haha.

But yeah, definetely worth the 800 points.

Hmm, I need opinions here.

I DON'T have an HDTV.
I DO, however, have a sweet surround sound system.

Think it's still worth buying if I already have the PS2 version? I was gonna just blow this off since I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the HD, but playing this with surround sound is kinda enticing...

So the advantages over PS2 would be sourround sound, vibrator, achievements... anything else?

Be sure to turn ON vibration and 5.1 sound. For some reason, it's defaulted off.

Also if you want it to get really trippy, turn on Bloom.

- edit [quote name='BustaUppa']Hmm, I need opinions here.

I DON'T have an HDTV.
I DO, however, have a sweet surround sound system.

Think it's still worth buying if I already have the PS2 version? I was gonna just blow this off since I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the HD, but playing this with surround sound is kinda enticing...

So the advantages over PS2 would be sourround sound, vibrator, achievements... anything else?[/QUOTE]

Even though you don't have HD, I'm still willing to bet that it looks better than your PS2 verison.

[quote name='Dingleberry']mmmm...just played with three vibrators.

I put them on the back of my neck, my feet, and my no no spot.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl:
Same here! Except I kept all 3 in nice spots..:drool: :drool:

ahh just like I remember it. Thanks to sporadic for pointing out the need to turn on 5.1 sound and vibrate. I was so anxious I jumped in and beat the first two mission and didn't even notice - but it's a much better experience in 5.1. I only have one controller now so I can't do the trance vibrator thing yet.

I had my first Rez experience today, and it was incredible. I think this might be the best demo I've ever played on XBox Live, (rivaled by Lost Planet probably). I've hardly any personal rhythm but I couldn't help bouncing along to the game's vibrant soundtrack.
I'm definitely going to buy it once it's confirm that I didn't win one of the free Rez codes from the contest. In the meantime I'm tempted to pull out PD Orta for some classic Sega shooter goodness though.:bouncy:

[quote name='King']I can't get over 150,000 points on the first level in Score Attack, any tips?[/QUOTE]

I just did that!
i got like 155k. Um, try to shoot everything. I think when you shoot more then 1 at a time you get more points (I'm a n00b at this game, sorry). also, for the last boss.. I took a while to defeat it. I tried shooting everything.. letting it regenerate..shoot..etc. I killed it at 145k. The boss seems to give you 10k. Hope that helps a bit.

The gamerpics you get are pretty awesome. One of them is my current default. Look at it :D

bread's done
Back