XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Any word about upcoming XBLA releases? It's been a damn dead period for what, two weeks now? Since ilomilo has been available since Thanksgiving, and Raskulls and World of Keflings have been available via a glitch since at least two Saturdays ago. Well, I guess there was the Dead Rising on a non-Wednesday and MicroBots or something which was like..pretty unannounced and unpopular. Bring on the good games, 2011![/QUOTE]

I agree, but I have seen anything other than rumors and the games that were pushed back to Q1 2011.

With news of this "crappy" deal. Let's try and keep the thread crapping to a minimum. That bunny outfit might be worth a second look, $1.50 to make your friends list chuckle might be worth it. At least, that is how I approach some avatar gear purchases. If you really think about it, you can buy some weird stuff and put it together for wacky results.

I've always thought it would be cool if when you purchase an Avatar outfit, the individual pieces would split off so you can accessorize with them. For example, if you buy a costume which has a shirt, pants, and shoes, it would be nice if you could change the pants with another in your inventory and keep the shirt on.

Well at least 99% of us will save our money/points this week. Horrific sale there M$! Great way to start the year...

And thanks redjoey as always for the great thread!!

Am I really considering buying an avatar item? The kilt, of course. That is appealing, but jesus, paying money, even a $1, for virtual clothing? I'm going to try to resist... but it is a nice kilt....

Upcoming this month, allegedly, is Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottleib Collection (or some such name). I can't get too excited about that, seeing how it's just a port, but I'll buy it. No word on when this month, though.

[quote name='Cameron4All']But, in all honesty, I never buy avatar anything, but I am kinda eyeing the kilt.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I've never had a kilt IRL, but somehow, it seems apporpriate for my avatar.

BTW: How do you access the *free* avatar content? I havent really been able to find it since the early days of avatars.

Wow... pretty weak DOTW. Especially since with the them they are going for they could of put some of that fitness DLC on sale, even marginally. (not that I would of bought it, but it does seem like a better idea from a marketing/sales viewpoint) Like others though I'm at least content to know I'll have some time to try and recoup some points through Bing Rewards after all I bought this last week.

i still have 950 points left over from resisting to buy some games in the past week and a half or so. and i won't be taking advantage of any of the items this week. hopefully next week gives us some better deals! also thanks to the OP for doing a great job on this and 2010 thread!

[quote name='crunchewy']Am I really considering buying an avatar item? The kilt, of course. That is appealing, but jesus, paying money, even a $1, for virtual clothing? I'm going to try to resist... but it is a nice kilt....

Upcoming this month, allegedly, is Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottleib Collection (or some such name). I can't get too excited about that, seeing how it's just a port, but I'll buy it. No word on when this month, though.[/QUOTE]

The Williams Collection is a much better game. It can usually be had for $10.

[quote name='chipper_95']i still have 950 points left over from resisting to buy some games in the past week and a half or so. and i won't be taking advantage of any of the items this week. hopefully next week gives us some better deals![/QUOTE]

I would've loved a cheaper price on Limbo. I was tempted, but it was still too much. A sale on Costume Quest would be great as well.

Just tagging the new thread. Thanks for all your hard work OP. This thread was a HUGE help in the holiday sale that just finished up. It is awesome to have a heads up on upcoming and current sales, especially when it's all in one place. :applause:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The game has gone quite up in value. Gamestop has it used for $17 *IF* u can find it. Average ebay price is around $26 atm.

http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/game/xbox-360/pinball-hall-of-fame-the-williams-collection[/QUOTE]

That's too high, especially since most of GS's inventory came from when it was briefly free at TRU.

On the Pinball XBLA game, I'll add it to the OP. It was announced on the Pinball HoF Facebook page of all places. No date or price was given

[quote name='hellhunde']The Williams Collection is a much better game. It can usually be had for $10.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt it, but I have that, of course, and it isn't an XBLA game.

[quote name='reddjoey']On the Pinball XBLA game, I'ss add it to the OP. It was announce on the Pinball HoF Facebook page of all places. No date or price was given[/QUOTE]

Facebook and Twitter are getting used a lot by game devs these days, so no too shocking, especially for a small dev like this one.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't doubt it, but I have that, of course, and it isn't an XBLA game.

Facebook and Twitter are getting used a lot by game devs these days, so no too shocking, especially for a small dev like this one.[/QUOTE]

True, but not when they have a website they could update in 3+ years. Their publisher has one too. I understand that Facebook and Twitter are the fastest way to reach your core audience/fans, but it don't let that be your only form of press.

Starting off the year with a bang I see. Too bad it's my head banging against the wall. Thanks OP for your contiued efforts. You've got to be one of the finest on CAG.

I really think I'd buy the kilt, but I have this nagging feeling that some day I'll come up 80 points or less short for something I want, and then I'll regret it. I really wouldn't regret it if it weren't for that even though it's "virtual clothing". It's only a buck and I've never bought any of that stuff before. They should let us buy points in $1/80 point increments. iTunes lets you make 99 cent purchases so it should be no problem these days. I bet they'd sell more crap like this if they did, to fools like me. :)

EDIT: what the heck, I tweeted @majornelson asking why no $1 point purchase amounts when iTunes does 99 cents, noting that I'd buy the kilt if I could buy 80 points at a time so no fear of coming up short later. He has yet to ever respond to anything I've sent him, but I figured why not? I put the idea out there and maybe he'll see it, if not respond to it. Doesn't hurt to try.

[quote name='ddog510']Worst Deal of the Week ever?[/QUOTE]

Agreed worst ever. At least I get to save my M$ points this week.

Boy did I call it wrong...(though I did put a haha at the end of my sentence). Yea I hope this doesn't set the 2011 DOTW tone. I suppose the collection kind of fits for the new year " The New You" though certain games might have fit in well. And it is a break from buying for most so that's good. I mean if some of them were free, yeah I'd use them. Well 52 weeks in the year, all can't be the deal for you.

[quote name='hostyl1']
BTW: How do you access the *free* avatar content? I havent really been able to find it since the early days of avatars.[/QUOTE]

Just go to the My Xbox thing, select your name plate or whatever, then select customize avatar, and choose change my style.

[quote name='ddog510']Worst Deal of the Week ever?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but at least I get to dress my avatar in profession-accurate wardrobe now.

[quote name='reddjoey']Let's try and keep the thread crapping to a minimum. [/QUOTE]

Ah, true words, my bad.

I'm hoping for Shadow Complex to be a DotW soon.

Nothing for me this week lol. save my monies ^_^
I'm hoping to see pacman go on sale. enjoyed the demo very much.
[quote name='tunavi']

I'm hoping for Shadow Complex to be a DotW soon.[/QUOTE]
I notice you have a metroid avatar... based off the similar gameplay you may very well enjoy shadow complex. I however found it bland and uninteresting. ymmv.

[quote name='crunchewy']Upcoming this month, allegedly, is Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottleib Collection (or some such name). I can't get too excited about that, seeing how it's just a port, but I'll buy it. No word on when this month, though.[/QUOTE]
It's supposed to have new physics and HD graphics. I'll buy it no matter what because I love the developer and the Williams Collection was so damn good.

reddjoey, I LOVE the new layout! Congrats & good job on the layout!

I'd still leave BF:BC2, Burnout, and Dante's price-drops in, since not many people know about them, and in the case of Burnout, having individual cars = bundles, or smaller bundles = more-encompassing bundles doesn't make much sense, so I'd have to think someone from EA will pull their head out soon.

Lastly, the Xbox rewards program is "sort of" a deal, though December's rebate of 40pts back for an 800pt PinballFX2 Core Collection DLC wasn't much. The January rebate of 80pts for any avatar collection of >240pts seems a little better, and "almost" worthy of a mention, even if it's avatar-specific.

Keep up the great work ... I tell all my friends & co-workers to come here, rather than go to Major Nelson's site, since you're way more current & dedicated. :D

[quote name='Newl']Nothing for me this week lol. save my monies ^_^
I'm hoping to see pacman go on sale. enjoyed the demo very much.

I notice you have a metroid avatar... based off the similar gameplay you may very well enjoy shadow complex. I however found it bland and uninteresting. ymmv.[/QUOTE]

Really? I absolutely loved Shadow Complex, one of my favorite XBLA games so far.

[quote name='Cornelius']reddjoey, I LOVE the new layout! Congrats & good job on the layout!

I'd still leave BF:BC2, Burnout, and Dante's price-drops in, since not many people know about them, and in the case of Burnout, having individual cars = bundles, or smaller bundles = more-encompassing bundles doesn't make much sense, so I'd have to think someone from EA will pull their head out soon.

Lastly, the Xbox rewards program is "sort of" a deal, though December's rebate of 40pts back for an 800pt PinballFX2 Core Collection DLC wasn't much. The January rebate of 80pts for any avatar collection of >240pts seems a little better, and "almost" worthy of a mention, even if it's avatar-specific.

Keep up the great work ... I tell all my friends & co-workers to come here, rather than go to Major Nelson's site, since you're way more current & dedicated. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll look at how to incorporate the rewards, but I thought there was a dedicated rewards thread.

Don't worry about rewards Reddjoey, you already got too much on your plate with this project, let someone else do the rewards. Excellent job BTW!

[quote name='reddjoey']True, but not when they have a website they could update in 3+ years. Their publisher has one too. I understand that Facebook and Twitter are the fastest way to reach your core audience/fans, but it don't let that be your only form of press.[/QUOTE]

I tell people this all the time, bands, small time local services. People these days expect you to have a website, even if simple, so get on it!

Course then I try to tell them they should let me build them one for a couple of bucks. :cool:

As for the rewards promos, I wouldn't miss it in this thread, but that being said it only seems to update once a month currently and to add something into the promos part of the op about it probably wouldn't be too hard.

Xbox Live Rewards Promo(s) :
Must be a Rewards member. Sign up and View promos here.

:360: January 1st-30th: Buy any Avatar item greater than 240 points and earn 80 points back.

God I hope those guys keep on with the Pinball games, I like Pinball FX just fine but that Williams Collection was amazing. It's the one game I have one the PSP, Wii and 360. I will probably buy it again for XBL in hoping that they get with those DLC tables everybody and their mother wants and needs.

Licensing be damned, get it done and give us the Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff tables NOW NOW NOW!!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
As for the rewards promos, I wouldn't miss it in this thread, but that being said it only seems to update once a month currently and to add something into the promos part of the op about it probably wouldn't be too hard.

:360: January 1st-30th: Buy any Avatar item greater than 240 points and earn 80 points back.[/QUOTE]

I think that would work good.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I tell people this all the time, bands, small time local services. People these days expect you to have a website, even if simple, so get on it!

Course then I try to tell them they should let me build them one for a couple of bucks. :cool:

:360: January 1st-30th: Buy any Avatar item greater than 240 points and earn 80 points back.[/QUOTE]

My concern is getting into rewards would open the door to questions about rewards, then putting that into a FAQ. It would be easier if there was a rewards discussion thread I could link off to. I'll sleep on it, but likely I would use what you have there, especially since it should apply to this weeks deal.

:360: January 1st-30th: Buy any Avatar item greater than 240 points and earn 80 points back.

I suppose the executioner's outfit won't qualify since it's exactly 240 points this week. Shoot! My guy looked badass wearing that.

i definitely think rewards should NOT be incorporated into this thread. this is for sales and DOTW. rewards is an ongoing program, and it sucks anyway. and yes it would open the door for endless questions that are already outlined in the FAQ. good job red, i say keep it how it is.

[quote name='bajingo']i definitely think rewards should NOT be incorporated into this thread. this is for sales and DOTW. rewards is an ongoing program, and it sucks anyway. and yes it would open the door for endless questions that are already outlined in the FAQ. good job red, i say keep it how it is.[/QUOTE]

Why? Rewards are too small right now to have its own thread and this one is about Xbox LIVE deals in general. As of right now, XBL Rewards is pretty much as much an XBL program as DotW is.

[quote name='lordopus99']For those unaware, the Rock Band Free Pack released today with the older RB2 tracks.[/QUOTE]

i just picked this up. funny, it says this is a gold exclusive. does this mean it will start cost points later this is a gold exclusive free download for now only?

i was also unaware there were free points rewards system... well, i was aware, but not sure how it worked and the amount is so small. does this get credited to your account after a while or after you accumulated a certain amount? where do i check my rewards status on my live account?

[quote name='frpilot']i just picked this up. funny, it says this is a gold exclusive. does this mean it will start cost points later this is a gold exclusive free download for now only?[/QUOTE]

Don't know if it'll ever cost points, but I can confirm that it is a Gold exclusive, at least for now. :whistle2:(

Also:

Stealth sales/price drops/mistakes on a couple of full albums (Xbox):

Rush - Moving Pictures - 440 points (normally 880)

The Cars - self-titled - 680 points (normally 1200)

Don't know what the nature of these price drops are, so act quickly if you want them, because it may be temporary.

[quote name='MWB']Don't know if it'll ever cost points, but I can confirm that it is a Gold exclusive, at least for now. :whistle2:(

Also:

Stealth sales/price drops/mistakes on a couple of full albums (Xbox):

Rush - Moving Pictures - 440 points (normally 880)

The Cars - self-titled - 680 points (normally 1200)

Don't know what the nature of these price drops are, so act quickly if you want them, because it may be temporary.[/QUOTE]

good stuff. thanks. debating on picking up the rush pack.

still have to start limbo-lara croft-comic book jumper-shank-shadow complex

and im barely finishing Scott pilgrim- braid-just passed plant vs zombie arcade mode which was great.

and i can't help but want X-men and Raskulls

[quote name='chipper_95']good stuff. thanks. debating on picking up the rush pack.[/QUOTE]

No problem. (Also in OKC. :) )

Seems to me to be the two Crackdown 2 Add-Ons are no longer 280 for gold members only, but now 280 for everyone. Down from 560.

What's this about Burnout Paradise and Dante's Inferno drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back