XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JStryke']Sonuva... And I JUST bought Plants Vs Zombies a week or so ago.[/QUOTE]

The game is entirely worth 1200 MSP. An enormous amount of content is packed in. I don't regret paying 1200 MSP at all.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The game is entirely worth 1200 MSP. An enormous amount of content is packed in. I don't regret paying 1200 MSP at all.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic game. I still can't believe I was able to score it for free when it was available on the Taiwanese Xbox Live for 0 points. There was information listed here in the XBLA "Freebie" thread about how to create an account to download this, and I was able to do so while the game was listed for free.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Fantastic game. I still can't believe I was able to score it for free when it was available on either the Japanese or Korean Xbox Live for 0 points. There was information listed here in the XBLA "Freebie" thread about how to create an account to download this, and I was able to do so while the game was listed for free.[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't seem to work now after buying a Slim, I'm just gonna buy it.

In for PvZ.

I remember having a difficult time deciding on a second game to buy to qualify for the recent 800 point rebate promo. I find it funny that the game I most expected to go on sale, DeathSpank, has yet to be discounted. Limbo, Lara Croft and now PvZ have all been on sale.

[quote name='shrike4242']I never said it had local or on-line co-op. I'm just assuming it'll have some type of co-op, though online would make more sense than local.[/QUOTE]
No co-op. I'll probably still get it as I enjoyed Death Spank 1+2 solo. Especially if it hits at 800 points. Or if the other House Party games look great and there's a buy 3/All deal.

[quote name='shrike4242']I never said it had local or on-line co-op. I'm just assuming it'll have some type of co-op, though online would make more sense than local.[/QUOTE]

u made my heart skip a moment when you said 'co-op' coz PC owners of the game know it doesn't have any co-op or MP whatsoever. sadly that feature is coming only in TL2 :(

oh well, i'll wait for the inevitable deal/sale i guess for TL on XBLA.

If i had an iphone i would've picked PvZ up for a dollar, but since i don't, i bit the bullet and bought it off steam for $4 and have been enjoying it immensely. I would recommend it at 800msp because it's THAT good.

Jesus, how many times has zombie apocalypse been on sale? I feel like I'm always seeing it as a dotw. They need to just change the price to 400 permanently.

Yeah, Flight Control is a Windows Phone 7 game. It's great fun, but I don't think it'd work with a standard controller.

Exile, I agree about Zombie Apocalypse. If we didn't buy it the last 2 times, we're probably not going to buy it this time either...

[quote name='utopianmachine']The game is entirely worth 1200 MSP. An enormous amount of content is packed in. I don't regret paying 1200 MSP at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it isn't worth it, it's just the principle of it all. And I actually didn't use MSP. Picked up the 3 pack at Target for $17.99.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm not saying it isn't worth it, it's just the principle of it all. And I actually didn't use MSP. Picked up the 3 pack at Target for $17.99.[/QUOTE]

You still came out way ahead cause that 3 pack is a good value in itself. I really love that game, one of the best pick-up-and-play games on the market for my money.

[quote name='Newl']If i had an iphone i would've picked PvZ up for a dollar, but since i don't, i bit the bullet and bought it off steam for $4 and have been enjoying it immensely. I would recommend it at 800msp because it's THAT good.[/QUOTE]

when was it on sale for iphone for $1.00?

wow lots of deals upcoming now. i already have plants vs zombies and zombie apocalypse but i might have to pick up dishwasher dead samurai for 400. i recommend plants vs zombies at 1200 so 800 is a great deal. zombie apocalypse is fun too and the price was right for me at 400 points when i bought it during a past sale. its a fun little game. does anyone that has dishwasher dead samurai recommend it? we also got the release date of another new xbla game. haven't heard of it. but what i'm really interested in are these activision and ea sales. is there any way to get a list of all the activision and ea arcade games or is that something impossible to find? it would at least be interesting to see what games could potentially go on sale. i would imagine the list would be pretty big. bottom line is i need to stock up on ms points. time to find a deal!

Would buy PvZ at 600 points, 800 is a stretch for me. The cheapass in me knows it will come down to that eventually, I just have to wait on it, or get the actual disk for hella cheap.

BTW: Can PopCap do some more Peggle stuff? Peggle II, Peggle 3D, Peggle Kinect, etc, I don't care, I want more Peggle.

Already got PvZ for free and bought Dishwasher the last time it was on sale... so here's to hoping that the EA and Activision sales hold something more interesting!

[quote name='chipper_95']does anyone that has dishwasher dead samurai recommend it?[/QUOTE]

If you would like a very difficult, repetitive action game with a decent art style, it's not a terrible buy. But I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Also, capital letters are your friend!

I wish that Red Dead Zombie bundle was a part of next week's deals; I had missed out on it the last time it was on sale after I decided I did want it.

Has anyone heard anything about the Sunset Riders Game Room release? I've been checking every week but it still hasn't showed up.

I know it won't happen but I'm hoping to finally see a discount on Mirrors Edge DLC, I've shelved this game so long after beating it waiting for a sale.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I know it won't happen but I'm hoping to finally see a discount on Mirrors Edge DLC, I've shelved this game so long after beating it waiting for a sale.[/QUOTE]

seconded

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Jesus, how many times has zombie apocalypse been on sale? I feel like I'm always seeing it as a dotw. They need to just change the price to 400 permanently.[/QUOTE]

This. I bought it the first time it was on sale for 400 MSP and felt like I got my money's worth. It's been on sale at least once, maybe twice more since then. Not worth 800 MSP.

too bad I already have dead samurai and zombie apocalypse, slightly interested in PvZ but 800 is still a little more than I'm willing to pay for it. looks like I wont be buying much xblm content this month

[quote name='lolwut?']Has anyone heard anything about the Sunset Riders Game Room release? I've been checking every week but it still hasn't showed up.[/QUOTE]

It seems despite Sunset Riders' code being included in Pack 12, they never released it in the store. Many are assuming this was done in response to all the hype SR was getting combined with Krome going under. Perhaps Konami pulled it from Game Room and is considering a stand-alone XBLA release? I'm hopeful as online co-op would be awesome.

As for Game Room, it's on to Pack 13 and all of the games unlocked when the pack dropped. None are Sunset Riders. I've got a Game Room thread going where I'm keeping track: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280561

OK, I'm not sure I cannot buy the Tigger plush.

Also:
[quote name='@RockBand']Thx for the heads up RE: Offspring, being fixed as we speak![/QUOTE]

So RockBand finally noticed it wasn't working after all the people have been telling them for days. Still amazed Xbox Support never got back to me after telling me they would, don't think that has ever happened before.

Zombie Apocalypse on sale for the like the 5th (at least) time in a little over a year. wow. I agree, just make it 400 for good at this point. I tried The Dishwasher demo a while ago when it was on sale before and really didn't like it so I'm free from that sale. Curious about the Activision/EA stuff. You know were going to see Risk Factions on sale for the 3rd time in like 3 or 4 months though right? Just getting you all prepared for that. haha

I am also wonding what is going to be on sale for the Activison/EA sale. I hope it is a large sale so I can find something intereseting. On a side note, does anybody remember if the first Pinball FX went on sale? I am half tempted to buy Pinball FX 2 but I am trying to only buy arcade games that are on sale.

The first Pinball FX went on sale once, maybe about a year ago.

I would say there's a good chance of getting a deal on the second one.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The second Pinball FX is free, you just pay for tables.[/QUOTE]

So you mean it isn't free. Just like getting the free camera after buying 5 boxes of cereal. Sure the camera is free... you didn't just pay for the overly expensive cereal for it...

[quote name='Kaltic']So you mean it isn't free. Just like getting the free camera after buying 5 boxes of cereal. Sure the camera is free... you didn't just pay for the overly expensive cereal for it...[/QUOTE]

The Pinball FX2 client is still technically free to download. Some tables can be purchased in 4-table packs (FX2 core pack, Marvel pack, FX classic pack), others can be purchased individually (SF2, Excalibur, Rocky & Bullwinkle, etc.)

People are hoping for tables and table packs to go on sale, not the free portal client.

So "The Offspring" pack 01 doesn't seem to be on sale any more??... or was it ever? I checked the Xbox Dash, Rock Band 3 Music store and the Live website... all report 440 as the price. :( Too bad too, one of the only packs that I've wanted all three songs in.

The Offspring Pack 01 - 240 Microsoft Points - 45% off
-"Self Esteem"
-"Gone Away"
-"Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)"

[quote name='bsmiff']People are hoping for tables and table packs to go on sale, not the free portal client.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. I'm waiting for them to pay me to download the portal. :lol:

[quote name='teknomedic']So "The Offspring" pack 01 doesn't seem to be on sale any more??... or was it ever? I checked the Xbox Dash, Rock Band 3 Music store and the Live website... all report 440 as the price. :( Too bad too, one of the only packs that I've wanted all three songs in.
[/QUOTE]

Not going to lie, I was about to yell at your for the fact it was crossed out and had a note next to it in the OP about the price not being right, but then I saw that RedJoey must of misread the post about them looking into it and thought it was updated with the correct price and updated OP. :applause: (

I did see something about xbox looking into something, but didn't see where it was said it was the weezer pack... and I double and tripple checked the first page before posting... nothing was crossed out for me :(

[quote name='teknomedic']I did see something about xbox looking into something, but didn't see where it was said it was the weezer pack... and I double and tripple checked the first page before posting... nothing was crossed out for me :([/QUOTE]

Like I said, RedJoey must of un-crossed it out. So no worries, I wasn't yelling at you. Mostly mentioning how I almost did. haha. I'm just glad I looked for myself first.

and yeah, I personally had @xboxsupport (Twitter) tell me they were looking into it and would get back to me "in a moment" but never did; which is extremely unlike xbox support's twitter staff.

Yeah I uncrossed it. I assumed it would have been fixed before anyone noticed. Guess we all know what happens when we assume. Thanks for saying something, I will add the note back

I suppose this promotion may have at least some games at 800? Would they really charge 1200 for Bejeweled Blitz? I could see Torchlight and Beyond Good & Evil HD being 1200. Full House Poker and Hard Corps, I think 1200 might be asking a bit much, but that hasn't stopped anyone before. For some reason I thought the poker game would be like 1 vs 100 and be free for gold members, but that's only because I remember an article back talking about this poker game being in beta and being similar to 1 vs 100.

[quote name='mikeja72']I suppose this promotion may have at least some games at 800? Would they really charge 1200 for Bejeweled Blitz? I could see Torchlight and Beyond Good & Evil HD being 1200. Full House Poker and Hard Corps, I think 1200 might be asking a bit much, but that hasn't stopped anyone before. For some reason I thought the poker game would be like 1 vs 100 and be free for gold members, but that's only because I remember an article back talking about this poker game being in beta and being similar to 1 vs 100.[/QUOTE]
I recall reading that it's 1 v 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back