XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']I recall reading that it's 1 v 30[/QUOTE]

Heh yeah, but similar to 1vs100 in it being a "live" show where you work towards the final table.

Since you replied I'll also join the many that say you do an amazing job with this thread. This and the overall thread page are the two main things I visit on CAG.

I generally curse him out because he's finding more ways for me to spend M$. All kidding aside though, this is probably in my top 3 posts I regularly view. Thanks again for all the hard work Reddjoey.

Thanks guys.

Joystiq just posted a preview write-up for Full House Poker

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/09/full-house-poker-preview-know-when-to-hold-em/

Added this to the FAQ

Q:
Are there any other links I should know about?
A: Yes.
CAG Xbox 360 Forum - Discussion on games and lots of gaming groups to join.
CAG Xbox Live Free Stuff Thread - Great thread and discussion of the free things on Xbox Live
CAG Xbox Live Code Trading Thread - CAGs trading XBL codes.
Xbox Live Rewards - Sign up here to get "rewards"/rebates for Xbox Live purchases and other things. New offers every month, CAG discussion here.If I missed anything or made any mistakes, let me know

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks guys.

Joystiq just posted a preview write-up for Full House Poker

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/09/full-house-poker-preview-know-when-to-hold-em/

[/QUOTE]

so basically the 2 best things about 1 vs 100 (it was free and you could win real prizes) are now gone in full house poker. great....
also redjoey i suppose you could update the original post if you want regarding the price for full house poker based on the quote below from that joystiq article:

As for price, Tynes says that "all of the XBLA games we're doing these days are 10 or 15 bucks, and we expect we'll be in that range."

[quote name='chipper_95']so basically the 2 best things about 1 vs 100 (it was free and you could win real prizes) are now gone in full house poker. great....
also redjoey i suppose you could update the original post if you want regarding the price for full house poker based on the quote below from that joystiq article:

As for price, Tynes says that "all of the XBLA games we're doing these days are 10 or 15 bucks, and we expect we'll be in that range."[/QUOTE]

not really, were you expecting it to be 400? no, 1600? no. Adding this to the OP would serve no purpose.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']not really, were you expecting it to be 400? no, 1600? no. Adding this to the OP would serve no purpose.[/QUOTE]

He's talking about updating the price to show that it will be $10-$15. This does serve a purpose as the game described to be the "spiritual successor" to 1 vs 100 would certainly conjure the idea that it would be either super cheap or, like the game it is supposedly "replacing", free. Not to mention the OP tends to list prices of new games, this is a new game... think the logic plays out fairly simple from there.

I too am very disappointed that 1 vs 100 was removed for what amounts to nothing but a poker game, with avatars. (The novelty of seeing people's mostly default stock avatars at the table will wear off quickly)

Also, WTF Harmonix? Way to drop the ball on that Offspring pack that was supposed to be on sale this week. :applause: Guess I should thank them for saving me money though.

What's with all the repeat sales? Zombie Apocalypse on sale again? This is like the third time already. Come on MS, there's tons of XBLA games that have never been on sale. Like Assault Heroes 2. Or Pac Man CE.

[quote name='Goodfella2487']Avatar "dress up"? What the fuck? That's some borderline pedophila shit right there...[/QUOTE]
Is there a reason you made your avatar a small child?
That seems like a very creepy thing to do

I hope Full House Poker is only $10! You share money and XP across the XBLA and Windows Phone 7 versions, which is really cool. But I don't want to have to pay a mint for that privelege.

[quote name='VidPower']What's with all the repeat sales? Zombie Apocalypse on sale again? This is like the third time already. Come on MS, there's tons of XBLA games that have never been on sale. Like Assault Heroes 2. Or Pac Man CE.[/QUOTE]

Assault Heroes 2, while much longer than part 1, is actually an inferior game IMO. It gets really boring due to lackluster stage design and way too many stages, and some of the Achievements are frustratingly hard too (and I have 200/200 in part 1). You're not missing out on much.

$10 would be the sweet spot for full house poker. at that price, i'd buy it and so would my brother since my sis in law loves poker games lol. gonna be cool to have avatar support+avatar awards+online play. there are alot of games that have never been on sale that could easily make some good sales. assault heroes 2, ion assault, triggerheart exelica to name a few. Also, anyone know that they removed a section of the best games for under a certain price (like $5 aka 400 ms points)? I know before the update that u went into the game marketplace and it a section of games like sfII, braid and other cheap but good games.

Zombie Apocalypse is crap.

Dishwasher is a pretty good sort of stylish action platformer, like if DMC was a side-scroller. It has a lot of flaws but it's a damn sight better than typical indie games.

This week's zombie-themed discounted content also includes: Left 4 Dead DLC, Crash Course [PEGI 18] for 240 Ms Points, Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing [PEGI 18] for 240 MS Points, and Borderlands DLC, Zombie Island of Dr. Ned [PEGI 18] for 400 MS Points. Head here for more info

From Xbox UK facebook

UPDATED OP. Let me know if you see any errors.

Almost all the BlazBlue DLC went back up in price.

Hmmm, I recently got the left 4 dead games cheap. Are the DLC's worth 240? (And I got the GOTY edition for the first one, what's on that? just the "Survival pack" right?)

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Hmmm, I recently got the left 4 dead games cheap. Are the DLC's worth 240? (And I got the GOTY edition for the first one, what's on that? just the "Survival pack" right?)[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Passing, since it's so cheap. The Passing might be worth it because the campaign is decent and you can play the mutations, which are pretty neat when they get a good one. It's good for versus as well.

Crash Course is garbage, even for versus, which it was designed for. And the L4D2 versus is waaaaay better anyway.

Shame the Passing is on sale again and not the Sacrifice. I already have that one. I'm temped on Crash Course, mostly for the achievements I guess. I don't even have that game anymore. I guess nothing for me this week. Thanks for the post though.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Speak for yourself. I'm waiting for them to pay me to download the portal.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that dude or dudette (bsmiff) can speak for me too cause Pinball FX is a great game. I can count the number of XBLA games I've paid full price for on one hand and FX2 core is one of them. So, yeah, I'd like to see sales on some of the older tables and am planning to get the Marvel tables soon. Mostly, I'd like to see even more (licensed) tables.

[quote name='EarthKing']Is the deal for the dishwasher today only or all week???[/QUOTE]It's valid until next Monday.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Does anyone think BFBC2 Vietnam will go on sale on the 18th, or should I just go ahead and pick it up?[/QUOTE]

I would wait for the EA sale just to be safe.

Also take it from someone that was in the FHP beta. Unless they have done a TON of improvements, the game was incredibly glitchy and crappy, and that was just about a month ago. I don't know if they've had enough time to fix everything that was wrong with it. The bug report page had thousands of entries on it, granted a lot were repeats, but still.

I was kind of disappointed when I originally read that this week's sale was going to be on zombie stuff and the L4D DLCs weren't apart of it. Good thing I came back to check. I never picked up Crash Course so I think it's about time that I do.

Still trying to get it fixed, apparently...

[quote name='@RockBand']Hey tweeps, as we mentioned last week, we are working with Msoft to fix the Offspring DLC sitch. Updates to come! Stay tuned![/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrippledChrist']is PvZ worth getting on xbla if I already got it for 99 cents on my touch???[/QUOTE]

Yes. The XBLA version has local co-op for the entire campaign and tons of minigames that aren't found in the iPod version.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Is there a reason you made your avatar a small child?
That seems like a very creepy thing to do[/QUOTE]
I've never had an avatar on this forum, genius. :applause:

Wow, I didn't realize that today was only the 10th.
I've been checking this thread furiously all day waiting to see what Activision/Guitar Hero dlc would get put on sale.

[quote name='eastx']Yes. The XBLA version has local co-op for the entire campaign and tons of minigames that aren't found in the iPod version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I appreciate it. My bing points would almost pay for it anyway :)

[quote name='jkanownik']Bah! I just bought the Passing yesterday and haven't downloaded yet.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That always hurts.

So every time I'm on the fence about something (this week its the L4D DLC), bing rewards decides that is the exact time to send me my most recent point code. lol

[quote name='shurija']Hmmmm, debating on L4D2 DLC. Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, for $3 it's probably worth it. The campaign is OK for co-op and versus, and you get the mutations which can be fun.

Mutation are the #1 reason to buy the L4D2 DLC. I honestly played more mutations that straight-up L4D. The DLC is also helpful to get some of the trickier achievements.

still waiting on the Offspring DLC, hope they'll give it some extra time on sale since they messed it up. Was thinking that it would be corrected today, but so far no luck. :(

[quote name='reddjoey']Mutation are the #1 reason to buy the L4D2 DLC. I honestly played more mutations that straight-up L4D. The DLC is also helpful to get some of the trickier achievements.[/QUOTE]

been awhile since i looked at the L4D2 achieves, but how does having the DLC help in getting the harder (regular?) achieves?

Some of the mutations (Last Man on Earth - Single Survivor vs special infected only | Gib Fest - Unlimited M60 Ammo) make Still Something to Prove (Survive all Campaigns on Expert) easier.

Also, Gib Fest makes it easier to get the 10,000 Zombies Killed Avatar Award if you farm kills

EDIT: Not seeing anything on the new Activision sale. I'll check again around 8am EST and update if there is more info. After that it will be after 12pm EST that I can get the OP updated.

[quote name='reddjoey']Thinking about adding GaintBomb Quick Look links to DLC/XBLA items[/QUOTE]

I would support this. GB hits most of the major XBLA titles and occasionally do QLs for some of the smaller ones too. And GB is the best site for gaming so it's a no-brainer really.

Activision deals are live, just saw them on the 360 dashboard.

Call Of Duty:
World At War
Map Pack Bundle (all 3 map packs in 1)=1,000 ms points (50% off)
Map Pack 1, Map Pack 2, Map Pack 3=400 ms points each (50% off each one)

Call Of Duty 4:Variety Map Pack=400 ms points (50% off)

Call Of Duty 3
Valor Map Pack=200 ms points (50% off)
Bravo Map Pack: 200 ms points (50% off)

Call Of Duty 2:
Skirmish Map Pack=200 ms points (50% off)
Invasion Map Pack=400 ms points (50% off)

downloadable games:
crash bandicoot: wrath of cortex=600 ms points (50% off)
legend of spyro=600 ms points (50% off)
assault heroes=400 ms points (50% off)
assault heroes 2=400 ms points (50% off)
carcassonne=400 ms points (50% off)
arkadian warriors=400 ms points (50% off)
golf:tee it up=400 ms points (50% off)

guitar hero:
Warriors Of Rock DLC
warriors of rock pack 1 guitar hero=800 ms points (50% off)
my chemical romance pack=300 ms points (50% off)
rocky horror picture show=220 ms points (50% off)
Linkin Park pack=480 ms points (50% off)
Soundgarden: Telephantasm Album=720 ms points (50% off)

Guitar Hero 5 dlc
Rock Pack 1=440 ms points (50% off)
Megadeth Pack=220 ms points (50% off)
Avenged Sevenfold=220 ms points (50% off)
Disturbed Pack=220 ms points (50% off)
Fall Out Boy Pack=220 ms points (50% off)

Other Discount:
Dj Hero 2
Hit makers mix pack=320 ms points (50% off)
Electro hits mix pack=320 ms points (50% off)

Dj Hero 1
Jay-Z Vs. Eminem Pack=320 ms points (50% off)
David Guetta Pack=320 ms points (50% off)

Transformers
War For Cybertron pack 1=400 ms points (50% off)
War For Cybertron pack 2=400 ms points (50% off)

[quote name='DoubleJG']Is Arkadian worth it @ 400?

I'm considering that and Assault Heroes.[/QUOTE]

Every review I've seen says it's pretty mediocre and repetitive.

Personally, I'm saving my points for Torchlight. That one's a dungeon crawler made by a couple of the guys that did Diablo and Diablo 2.

Bleh, had a feeling the Activision sale would be crappy. Was considering that Golf game, but then i realized how much all of the DLC costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back