XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MWB']Don't know if it'll ever cost points, but I can confirm that it is a Gold exclusive, at least for now. :whistle2:(

Also:

Stealth sales/price drops/mistakes on a couple of full albums (Xbox):

Rush - Moving Pictures - 440 points (normally 880)

The Cars - self-titled - 680 points (normally 1200)

Don't know what the nature of these price drops are, so act quickly if you want them, because it may be temporary.[/QUOTE]

Also Jimmy Buffet Pack 01 is discounted to 240 msp (normally 440)

[quote name='MWB']Don't know if it'll ever cost points, but I can confirm that it is a Gold exclusive, at least for now. :whistle2:(

Also:

Stealth sales/price drops/mistakes on a couple of full albums (Xbox):

Rush - Moving Pictures - 440 points (normally 880)

The Cars - self-titled - 680 points (normally 1200)

Don't know what the nature of these price drops are, so act quickly if you want them, because it may be temporary.[/QUOTE]

Ooh damn, how'd you find out about those? I can almost swear I own one of them but I'm gonna have a look-see right now!

[quote name='Exu']Seems to me to be the two Crackdown 2 Add-Ons are no longer 280 for gold members only, but now 280 for everyone. Down from 560.

What's this about Burnout Paradise and Dante's Inferno drops?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kkeith89']Also Jimmy Buffet Pack 01 is discounted to 240 msp (normally 440)[/QUOTE]

I put the Rock Band albums in the sale section. I'll add JB in a few minutes. I'll move it to a drop if/when I find out more. (Working on tweeting to get some answers.) I will dig up the BOP, DI, and BFBC2 drops in a few and put them in the drops.

I'm still on the fence about the rewards. It would only be a blurb in promos. However, it would only change once a month and be a blurb and two links - 1 link to the page and 1 to the discussion thread LinkinPrime posted. The work is minimal for me adding it, but I want to keep this thread on some kinda of organized track. I'll still stew on it for a bit

[quote name='kkeith89']Also Jimmy Buffet Pack 01 is discounted to 240 msp (normally 440)[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Looks like several other 440-point packs are also selling for 240:

All That Remains 01 (Chiron, The Calling, Two Weeks)

Evanescence 01 (Bring Me to Life, Call Me When You're Sober, Weight of the World)

Jimmy Buffett 01 (Volcano, Margaritaville, Cheeseburger in Paradise)

Nine Inch Nails 01 (March of the Pigs, The Collector, The Perfect Drug)

Oasis 01 (Don't Look Back in Anger, Live Forever, Wonderwall)

Police 01 (Can't Stand Losing You, Roxanne, Synchronicity II)

Weezer 02 (My Name is Jonas, Pork and Beans, Undone (The Sweater Song))

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Ooh damn, how'd you find out about those?[/QUOTE]

Just browsing through the albums in the music store on the RB3 disc.

So I think the football avatar gear is cool, with the rather glaring issue that if they really take 4 weeks to mail out the tokens, not only will the BCS be over, the Super Bowl will be as well!

I ended up buying the Blood Dragon armor set for my avatar, first ever avatar item I paid for. I had $2 in points left. It was either that or cards for Magic/Yugioh.

[quote name='reddjoey']I put the Rock Band albums in the sale section. I'll add JB in a few minutes. I'll move it to a drop if/when I find out more. (Working on tweeting to get some answers.) I will dig up the BOP, DI, and BFBC2 drops in a few and put them in the drops.

I'm still on the fence about the rewards. It would only be a blurb in promos. However, it would only change once a month and be a blurb and two links - 1 link to the page and 1 to the discussion thread LinkinPrime posted. The work is minimal for me adding it, but I want to keep this thread on some kinda of organized track. I'll still stew on it for a bit[/QUOTE]

I see both sides to the argument. It is fitting to the general theme of the thread, and in all seriousness most of it is no different than the "Buy 2 games and get 400 back" promos that have been happening the last few months and doesn't update regularly to add much work-load.

The flip side is that it will inevitably lead to dozens of 3 year gold members with dozens of previous purchases saying, "I made my first purchase, why didn't I get my points?" in the thread. :roll:

Maybe we could all just agree now to ignore their post and collectively think evil thought about them?

Also, damn rock band stuff going on sale/price drop. Told myself no more rock band tracks for a while... my 250gb HD can not get here fast enough!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I see both sides to the argument. It is fitting to the general theme of the thread, and in all seriousness most of it is no different than the "Buy 2 games and get 400 back" promos that have been happening the last few months and doesn't update regularly to add much work-load.

The flip side is that it will inevitably lead to dozens of 3 year gold members with dozens of previous purchases saying, "I made my first purchase, why didn't I get my points?" in the thread. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Great points on the rewards ... I'd maybe just put a single non-descriptive link, and suggest that people check out whatever is current. After all, a "5% off" rebate on an 800pt DLC isn't a sale, it's a rounding error. :D

[quote name='Exu']Seems to me to be the two Crackdown 2 Add-Ons are no longer 280 for gold members only, but now 280 for everyone. Down from 560.

What's this about Burnout Paradise and Dante's Inferno drops?[/QUOTE]

Check the OP, I added back the list of price drops since you asked.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']I just want to say that this week's sale sucks and I'd like to blame it on Reddjoey. That is all.[/QUOTE]

I did it to punish all the whiners and people who don't read the OP, sorry if anyone was caught in the cross-fire

anymore info on the pinball game? is it going to be an xbox original version or an all new arcade title?

Any word yet on whether it's a permanent price drop or a sale? (Kinda wondering if I should blow all my remaining points on these now... or if I have the luxury of being able to get them later?)

[quote name='nerdtown']anymore info on the pinball game? is it going to be an xbox original version or an all new arcade title?[/QUOTE]Pretty sure the originals line is dead (as in no more games being made into originals) so I think this would be an arcade title.

[quote name='vamn']Any word yet on whether it's a permanent price drop or a sale? (Kinda wondering if I should blow all my remaining points on these now... or if I have the luxury of being able to get them later?)[/QUOTE]I don't know, what's the content you're wondering about?

[quote name='nerdtown']anymore info on the pinball game? is it going to be an xbox original version or an all new arcade title?[/QUOTE]

Here's what we know so far, from their Facebook:

GREAT NEWS PINBALL FANS....Pinball Hall of Fame: Gottlieb Collection is coming to XBLA January 2011. This is the first time Gottlieb Pinball will be available to the Xbox 360 community. The HD graphics are amazing and it will include all the same tables as the previous Wii version. More info to come.

reddjoey, you rock. End of story.

I'm looking forward to PHoF:GC. Gottleib might have made relatively crappy electronic games, but they're still better then the designs in Pinball FX 2... and I like Pinball FX 2. I wish the two companies would work together to make the next PHoF, because the FX 2 folks know how to make an Xbox game.

http://www.rockband.com/blog/ten-packs-dlc-sale

To celebrate the New Year and give those of you on school vacation something to do, we give you a two-week DLC sale! The discount ranges from 43%-50% off, so you are definitely getting a fantastic deal. Check out the details below, warm up those limbs and rock out extra hard this month!
Xbox 360 DLC sale runs from now through January 11th.
PlayStation 3 DLC sale runs from January 11th through January 25th.

Packs on sale are:

• Oasis Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • The Police Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • The Offspring Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • Nine Inch Nails Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • Jimmy Buffett Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • All That Remains Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • Evanescence Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • Rush Moving Pictures (album) - 440 Points (was 880)
  • The Cars (album) - 680 Points (was 1200)
  • Weezer Pack 02 - 240 Points (was 440)

[quote name='reddjoey']
http://www.rockband.com/blog/ten-packs-dlc-sale

To celebrate the New Year and give those of you on school vacation something to do, we give you a two-week DLC sale! The discount ranges from 43%-50% off, so you are definitely getting a fantastic deal. Check out the details below, warm up those limbs and rock out extra hard this month!
Xbox 360 DLC sale runs from now through January 11th.
PlayStation 3 DLC sale runs from January 11th through January 25th.

Packs on sale are:

• Oasis Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • The Police Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • The Offspring Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • Nine Inch Nails Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • Jimmy Buffett Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • All That Remains Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • Evanescence Pack 01 - 240 Points (was 440)
  • Rush Moving Pictures (album) - 440 Points (was 880)
  • The Cars (album) - 680 Points (was 1200)
  • Weezer Pack 02 - 240 Points (was 440)
[/QUOTE]

If there was a market for private detectives who specialize in tracking down digital sale information I would tell you to start a business immediately.

FYI, the offspring pack is not showing up at a discount at the moment. I'm going to tweet harmonix see if they say anything.

[quote name='jdawgg76']

I don't know, what's the content you're wondering about?[/QUOTE]

::facepalm:: I meant the Rock Band DLC. That's what I get for not double-checking what I wrote.

And I guess it is a sale.

[quote name='reddjoey']
I did it to punish all the whiners and people who don't read the OP, sorry if anyone was caught in the cross-fire[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Xbox Live Arcade "House Party" begins next month.

Starting on February 16th, "Hard Corp Uprising" will be available. The following weeks will include "Torchlight," "Beyond Good & Evil HD," "Bejeweled Blitz Live," and "Full House Poker." The exact order for the games following Hard Corp is unknown.

Descriptions follow.

"Hard Corps Uprising" (KONAMI): Thrilling retro run-and-gun action is back with a vengeance in"Hard Corps: Uprising," a new 2D side scroller developed by ARC System Works that pays homage to classic Konami action series. Play as the soldier Bahamut as he begins to write his legend in this prequel to"Contra: Hard Corps."

"Full House Poker" (Microsoft Game Studios -- Xbox/Krome Studios -- Windows Phone 7): In the world's capital for card playing, Microsoft is unveiling "Full House Poker." Compete against your Xbox LIVE friends on Xbox 360 and build your bank roll on the go with a companion game on Windows Phone 7. Play a quick two-player game for some lightning action, join a big 30-player tournament, or play a round of Texas Heat, our live poker game show where you play with thousands of players worldwide and have 30 minutes to bluff, bet, and raise your way to the final table!

"Bejeweled Blitz Live" (PopCap Games): Take on friends in the brilliant gem-matching action of Bejeweled Blitz Live! Choose your favorite playing style -- Classic or Twist -- and rocket up the leaderboards! Battle your way to the top in the all-new 16-player Party mode over Xbox LIVE.

"Beyond Good & Evil" (Ubisoft): Now you can experience the thrill of the fan-favorite"Beyond Good & Evil" on Xbox LIVE in full HD. Enter the futuristic world of year 2435, a world full of deception, where nothing is as it seems and exposing the truth is the only hope of restoring freedom. Play as action-reporter Jade and capture the truth using stealth, force, and wits against a government that deceived you in this action-adventure game with elements of puzzle-solving and stealth-based games.

"Torchlight" (Runic Games/Microsoft): A highly-regarded PC game with over 800,000 units sold to date,"Torchlight" is now coming to Xbox LIVE! Combat is more exciting with revamped controls and mechanics, new armor and quests! There's even an exclusive new pet for your character. Send a select goodie or two to your friends on LIVE to share the fun for the first time.

http://www.examiner.com/console-gam...od-and-evil-hd-headline-xbox-live-house-party
http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/xbla-house-party-returns.html
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/01/xb...-a-house-party-next-month-five-games-invited/

---

On a personal note, I'm really excited for Beyond Good and Evil and Torchlight. Had no idea Torchlight was even getting a console release!

[quote name='destro4eva']God I hope those guys keep on with the Pinball games, I like Pinball FX just fine but that Williams Collection was amazing. It's the one game I have one the PSP, Wii and 360. I will probably buy it again for XBL in hoping that they get with those DLC tables everybody and their mother wants and needs.

Licensing be damned, get it done and give us the Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff tables NOW NOW NOW!![/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one. I bought it for Wii, loved it, found out the 360 version had a couple extra tables, and the game was so cheap that I bought it for 360 as well. I had it for PS3 also at one point. If having the Gottlieb Collection on XBLA enables DLC tables, I'll buy it yet again. I like the controls on the Wii version the best, but the extra tables are some of my favorite.
To anyone who has played the new XBLA pinball game, how are the physics and handling compared to the Williams Collection?

Anybody get the new Sims 3 DLC, if so, any opinions on it? I love the game, and seeing as i got it free during a b2g1 i dont see much wrong with buying DLC if its worth it

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anybody get the new Sims 3 DLC, if so, any opinions on it? I love the game, and seeing as i got it free during a b2g1 i dont see much wrong with buying DLC if its worth it[/QUOTE]

wait there's DLC out for Sims 3?! when did this happen?

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Xbox Live Arcade "House Party" begins next month.
[/QUOTE]
Looking forward to trying Torchlight firsthand after all the great things I've heard about the PC version. And, I hope there'll be at least 2 good incentive offers. I think someone said they'll give out details on pricing & release dates at 7AM today.

[quote name='reddjoey']Sorry guys I was distracted by this POS e-reader I am playing with. I'll update the OP in a few[/QUOTE]

Meaning the e-reader from GBA days? Talk about a blast from the past. I remember getting one and using it, but I haven't a clue what for.

Or did you mean something like a Kindle?

On-topic: Xbox arcade games and stuff.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Meaning the e-reader from GBA days? Talk about a blast from the past. I remember getting one and using it, but I haven't a clue what for.

Or did you mean something like a Kindle?

On-topic: Xbox arcade games and stuff.[/QUOTE]

More like a Kindle, I basically installed a custom Android build on it to turn it into a lackluster tablet. I'm happy with it, but from a novelty sense, not a wise investment one. Wasn't the GBA e-reader for a Pokemon Battle Card game? I always wondered what stopped someone with a little spare time and a Xerox.

On-topic: If there is an update at 7am, I'll be asleep.

I would just like to say that the Black Friday GTA/Halo 400 point sales were super awesome and I'd like to see more Xbox Originals go on sale (Max Payne, Stubbs, and Burnout 3)

$15 is ridiculous for xbox originals since most of those could be had for much less AND any of those games that had Live functionality no longer do (ie online multiplayer). Should be 400 to 560 points all the time.

Still no response from anyone at Harmonix about Offspring pack not being discounted like it is supposed to be. Going to try tweeting xbox support now.

*EDIT* Xbox Support is "Looking into it." Should of just messaged them yesterday. *EDIT*

quick question for the rock band sale. Do those song packs work for all 3 rock bands?
I just picked up rock band 3 and wanted to make sure before I a couple of those song packs.

[quote name='squishface']quick question for the rock band sale. Do those song packs work for all 3 rock bands?
I just picked up rock band 3 and wanted to make sure before I a couple of those song packs.[/QUOTE]

All Rock Band DLC works with Rock Band 3. But newer songs don't work with Rock Band 1 & 2.

Nice to see some good stuff coming to XBLA in the next couple of months. BG&E HD looked good from the screen caps they posted a while back.

And as if we need more Bejeweled-crack besides Bejeweled 2, Puzzle Quest 1 and PQ2, Bejeweled Blitz is a nice one to have along for the ride.

Torchlight on XBLA should be a nice addition as well for co-op.

[quote name='shrike4242']
Torchlight on XBLA should be a nice addition as well for co-op.[/QUOTE]

local? dun ever think i ever read about it having online co-op.

definitely getting torchlight and Beyond Good & Evil (have never played it so sounds like I'm in for a treat).

I too read that sad news about BCR2 and makes me so sad. I never played the original but loved BCR a great deal.

Deal of the Weeks:
Week of January 10 – Zombies…Back from the Dead:
  • “Zombie Apocalypse” (KONAMI) – 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off) and available worldwide (except Germany, Japan, Korea, and South Africa)
  • “The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai” (Microsoft Game Studios) – 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off) and available worldwide (except Korea, Brazil, and South Africa)
  • Zombie Prop Avatar (Microsoft Game Studios) – 160 Microsoft Points (33 percent off) and available worldwide)
Week of January 17:
  • “Plants vs. Zombies” (PopCap Games) – 800 Microsoft Points (33 percent off) and available worldwide (except Japan, India, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Russia, South Africa, and Korea)
Activision and EA Deals:
  • January 11 through to January 17 - Special, one-time savings of up to 50% on more than 25 pieces of Activision content including Call of Duty Map Packs, Guitar Hero add-ons, XBLA titles and more
  • January 18 through to January 25 - Special one-time savings of up to 50% on more than 25 pieces of Electronic Arts content including XBLA games and more.
  • January 6: New Year’s Resolution
  • January 6: Food Fest
  • January 6: Burton
  • January 13: Dinosaur Pets
  • January 13: Xbox 360 Gear
Xbox Live Arcade:
  • January 5: “ilomilo” (SouthEnd Interactive/Microsoft Game Studios) – 800 Microsoft Points and available worldwide
  • January 12: “Zeit2™” (Ubisoft) – 800 Microsoft Points and available worldwide (except Korea and Japan)
Games On Demand:
  • January 4: “Crackdown 2” (Microsoft Game Studios) – Available worldwide (except Japan and Korea)
  • January 11: “Need for Speed™ SHIFT” (Electronic Arts) – Available worldwide (except Japan)
  • January 18: “Transformers: The Game” (Activision) – Available worldwide (except Japan, Brazil, Czech Republic, Chile, Colombia, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Russia and South Africa)
  • January 18: “Transformers™: Revenge of the Fallen” (Activision) – Available worldwide (except Japan, Brazil, Czech Republic, Chile, Colombia, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Russia and South Africa)
  • January 18: “Dante’s Inferno” (Electronic Arts) – Available worldwide (except Japan and Korea)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Xbox-Live-For-The-First-Half-Of-January.html

[quote name='basis']local? dun ever think i ever read about it having online co-op.[/QUOTE]I never said it had local or on-line co-op. I'm just assuming it'll have some type of co-op, though online would make more sense than local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back