XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DoubleJG']Is Arkadian worth it @ 400?

I'm considering that and Assault Heroes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I really liked the game and bought it @ launch. It's been on sale for 400 ms points once before and @ 400 ms points I think it's a steal. It's got online co-op as well so u can play on xbl with someone.

Looking around the dashboard, there's also a sale right now on three Forza 3 packs, and most importantly, OUTRUN ARCADE IS FINALLY HALF OFF.

Sega announced they're removing the game from XBLA in December, so I highly suggest getting it now.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Looking around the dashboard, there's also a sale right now on three Forza 3 packs, and most importantly, OUTRUN ARCADE IS FINALLY HALF OFF.

Sega announced they're removing the game from XBLA in December, so I highly suggest getting it now.[/QUOTE]

holy shit, how long is the sale for outrun arcade?

The Activision sale is showing on the dashboad BUT almost all of the prices are still showing the original price when you go to buy something.
So beware sale PRICES are not yet live!

[quote name='Exu']You really have to wonder why they're selling CoD2 and CoD3 map packs at a price higher than zero...[/QUOTE]
Doesn't take long to figure out once you realize it is Activision after all.

Getting Arkadian it was one of the first trials I liked when I got my 360 2 years ago and even then I thought it was over priced. I'll give it a short for 400 points.

Right now on Xbox.com, Assault Heroes is showing up for me for 200 points instead of the 400 which was previously listed.

EDIT: Decided that I'd get 200 points enjoyment from just about anything and it has good reviews. Verified that purchasing online is 200 points.

I think I'll be picking up Dishwasher, Assault Heroes, and Arkadian Warriors. Anyone want to speak up for the 2nd Assault Heroes?

Assault Heroes is normally 400 so its 200 now, not 400.

Edit- Arkadian Warriors I'm not sure of. Downloading the trial of it now but no idea what kind of game it is. I'm hoping its like Diablo from the screenshots of it.

Edit2- Oh jeez Arkadian Warriors is so ugh. I like it for the Diablo thing its got going on but its demo does not showcase it well. Just a few floors where you can only play as a melee class which means just running back and forth tapping A to swing like you're jousting. The Archer and Sorceress class look much more fun as you can actually dodge enemies and shoot them from far away. I'm tempted to pick it up as it ever going back down in price sounds really unlikely.

Hmmm, looking at the Activision stuff, I think I might get the Megadeth track pack, the Fall Out Boy track pack, both of the DJ Hero 1 and 2 packs, and maybe the World at War megapack.

Fixed the 400/200 mixup. My internet just went down, so I will add the bells and whistles when it comes back up (posting from my phone).

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Looking around the dashboard, there's also a sale right now on three Forza 3 packs, and most importantly, OUTRUN ARCADE IS FINALLY HALF OFF.

Sega announced they're removing the game from XBLA in December, so I highly suggest getting it now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will update when my net is back. Can you post which Forza packs, if not I will figure it out when I get back online

dj hero & guitar hero games just went down in price too so it could be a sign. the dlc is going down in price too, their sales are hurting and i'm not falling for it. also, most of the songs guitar hero has in those Packs I already had on rock band a long time ago so i'll pass. Golf: Tee it up & assault heroes 2 it is

Well color me disappointed. I have COD4 MP and I barely played the other ones. I also do not play music games (I can barely hum a tune really) I might get outrun arcade though...I loved playing that game at the movie theater. Didn't the arcade system allow you to race more than just the Ferrari? Maybe that is a different version of the game. Anyway it was always a fun driving game. Any opinions before buying...going to download demo now.

Assault Heroes 2 looks pretty fun from the video. Reminds me a bit of Total Carnage. Downloading the demo for it and AH1. Any reason to get both? I presume nobody plays these online any more, so hopefully the single-player is fun. Also downloading the trial of Arcadian Warriors and Outrun.

EDIT: If you don't already have Carcassonne, $5 is a great price for it.

Nice, I will buy Arkadian Warriors. It was already on the sales before for Christmas but DOTW were US only at that time.

I'm happy to have spent full price on Outrun Online Arcade. Anyone who likes racing, Ferraris, SEGA, or the golden age of arcade video games: do yourself a huge favor and buy this game at half off, especially since it's about to drop off XBLA due to Ferrari licensing issues.

Opinions on Golf: Tee It Up? Worth $5 to play with the my GF once in a while? What about Arkadian Warriors? Assault Heroes worth $2.50?

Bummer that Activision didn't put Vigilante 8 on sale :(

Great price on the DJ Hero content. I've been waiting on that to drop for a while. Anyone on the fence should check out the mixes on youtube.

[quote name='bsmiff']I'm happy to have spent full price on Outrun Online Arcade. Anyone who likes racing, Ferraris, SEGA, or the golden age of arcade video games: do yourself a huge favor and buy this game at half off, especially since it's about to drop off XBLA due to Ferrari licensing issues.

Opinions on Golf: Tee It Up? Worth $5 to play with the my GF once in a while? What about Arkadian Warriors? Assault Heroes worth $2.50?

Bummer that Activision didn't put Vigilante 8 on sale :([/QUOTE]

thanks for the comments on outrun online arcade. i'm considering it along with assault heroes 2. i actually bought golf : tee it up when it came because i had gotten a great deal on microsoft points at the time. i enjoyed it but one of the reasons i did was because it reminded me of hot shots golf which is one of the first games i had for the ps2. if you are wanting a more casual, arcade type golf game then get it because that is exactly the type of game it is.

[quote name='chipper_95']thanks for the comments on outrun online arcade. i'm considering it along with assault heroes 2. i actually bought golf : tee it up when it came because i had gotten a great deal on microsoft points at the time. i enjoyed it but one of the reasons i did was because it reminded me of hot shots golf which is one of the first games i had for the ps2. if you are wanting a more casual, arcade type golf game then get it because that is exactly the type of game it is.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, I'll demo it to be sure and prob drop the 400 MSP.

Now I'm looking into Carcassonne. I'm not much of a strategy game buff, but it looks like its appeal reaches beyond that. Opinions? Good for local multiplayer?

[quote name='bsmiff']Thanks mate, I'll demo it to be sure and prob drop the 400 MSP.

Now I'm looking into Carcassonne. I'm not much of a strategy game buff, but it looks like its appeal reaches beyond that. Opinions? Good for local multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely yes! The game is very accessible and the Xbox version is really nice. Very cool effects (castles extrude into 3D when completed, etc) and the game plays great. I wish they offered some other expansions, though. Particularly I wish they had Inns & Cathedrals. However, the base game is great and there are a couple of expansions (which I've not gotten myself.) It doesn't have the online community that the iOS version does, not nearly, but for local play it's fantastic and you can find people for 2 player games online (but the game is better with 3 or 4), and if you've got some friends with the game it would be a great way to play it online. Also has fine single-payer vs. computers. As I recall you can also mix and match real and computer players, but don't quote me on that. I'd have to double-check.

[quote name='crunchewy']Absolutely yes! The game is very accessible and the Xbox version is really nice. Very cool effects (castles extrude into 3D when completed, etc) and the game plays great. I wish they offered some other expansions, though. Particularly I wish they had Inns & Cathedrals. However, the base game is great and there are a couple of expansions (which I've not gotten myself.) It doesn't have the online community that the iOS version does, not nearly, but for local play it's fantastic and you can find people for 2 player games online (but the game is better with 3 or 4), and if you've got some friends with the game it would be a great way to play it online. Also has fine single-payer vs. computers. As I recall you can also mix and match real and computer players, but don't quote me on that. I'd have to double-check.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I'll definitely demo it as well. I know you're on my friends list, so if I do end up buying it we'll have to play a round.

[quote name='bsmiff']Thanks for the input. I'll definitely demo it as well. I know you're on my friends list, so if I do end up buying it we'll have to play a round.[/QUOTE]

I'm always up for that. Let me know if you end up buying it.

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks, I will update when my net is back. Can you post which Forza packs, if not I will figure it out when I get back online[/QUOTE]
The 2 I can figure out are "Motorsport Legends" (which is free w/ new copies) is 200pts, and "Jalopnik" is 200pts. I can't figure out what the others would be, unless "Sidewinder" or "Benchmark" were originally 800pts (and now 400pts).

I just spent $29 on DLC. That's waaay too much money. I'm finishing up the 1600 pt cards I got a couple years back for $5 a piece at Target. I'm going to be wiped out once they start releasing Black Ops map packs.

Here's what I just downloaded.

200 assault heroes
320 jayz vs eminem
300 My chemical romance
220 Rocky horror
480 Linkin Park guitar hero
800 Linkin park rockband

2320 total microsoft spacebucks aka $29

Off topic, but anyone tried downloading the demo for "Chessmaster Live"?

If you don't care about the online multiplayer feature, the demo practically has almost the full single player experience, including the main campaign with all CPU opponents to battle, and even the bonus games like puzzle chess, etc.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I just spent $29 on DLC. That's waaay too much money. I'm finishing up the 1600 pt cards I got a couple years back for $5 a piece at Target. I'm going to be wiped out once they start releasing Black Ops map packs.

Here's what I just downloaded.

200 assault heroes
320 jayz vs eminem
300 My chemical romance
220 Rocky horror
480 Linkin Park guitar hero
800 Linkin park rockband

2320 total microsoft spacebucks aka $29[/QUOTE]

lol ahh yes. the $5 1600 point cards at target were by far the best deal i have ever gotten on microsoft points. i got like 10 or 15 of them. i can't believe you still have points left from that. i used all those points that same year if not less time than that. i got the linkin park 6 pack for rock band today as well. i hope it will be fun.

I was a little wary of Arkadian Warriors because of the reviews, but for $5 it's some pretty good mindless fun. I've just played through the first two quests and will be back for more.

[quote name='chipper_95']lol ahh yes. the $5 1600 point cards at target were by far the best deal i have ever gotten on microsoft points. i got like 10 or 15 of them. i can't believe you still have points left from that. i used all those points that same year if not less time than that. i got the linkin park 6 pack for rock band today as well. i hope it will be fun.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Can someone refresh some of us on how you were able to get Xbox Points Card for only $5 at Target?

How long ago was this?

:hot:

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Wow.

Can someone refresh some of us on how you were able to get Xbox Points Card for only $5 at Target?

How long ago was this?

:hot:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337'].....I'm finishing up the 1600 pt cards I got a couple years back for $5 a piece at Target. I'm going to be wiped out once they start releasing Black Ops map packs.....[/QUOTE]

Hope that helps. ;)

[quote name='marineal']shame, guess i'll have to wait for a price drop on it[/QUOTE]

Since when is $15 the standard price for these games? lol

I ended up passing on Golf, a little too bobo for me. Bought Assault Heroes for 200 MSP. Still on the fence with Carcassonne.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Since MW2 starting selling map packs at $15.[/QUOTE]

Oh...Man, now I have to wait for price drops on all the games I want :(. You barely can buy one game with the 1600 point card, when you can buy 2 with the 800 price point...Not looking forward to the day when Activision starts selling map packs at $20...That's one of the reasons I don't play online as often...>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back