XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Def going to have to give Raskulls a try, but the anger I'm feeling in this thread towards it makes me a little hesitant. And I agree on Sonic being 800 points, just seems like that's what it should of been in the first place.

[quote name='Stephan123']I thought Halo Reach was only online for 1 week on GoD. Sorry about that[/QUOTE]

You are still correct with it not really being a deal considering it costs $39.96 at amazon. That even comes with free shipping. Or you could buy the Limited Edition for the same price as the normal edition on GoD.

I am still waiting for a company to have a big GoD sale, but my hope is dieing since even Microsoft can't do it and they own the damn thing.

[quote name='Kaltic']You are still correct with it not really being a deal considering it costs $39.96 at amazon. That even comes with free shipping. Or you could buy the Limited Edition for the same price as the normal edition on GoD.

I am still waiting for a company to have a big GoD sale, but my hope is dieing since even Microsoft can't do it and they own the damn thing.[/QUOTE]

I get the impression that this $10 sale on Reach is just MS testing the waters to see how retailers react towards MS selling a game below MSRP. Even though it's not much of a sale, this is likely just the first step towards them eventually holding the larger GoD sales that you mentioned.

[quote name='Kaltic']You are still correct with it not really being a deal considering it costs $39.96 at amazon. That even comes with free shipping. Or you could buy the Limited Edition for the same price as the normal edition on GoD.

I am still waiting for a company to have a big GoD sale, but my hope is dieing since even Microsoft can't do it and they own the damn thing.[/QUOTE]
When Reach went on GOD the price on Amazon was 50 also

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Def going to have to give Raskulls a try, but the anger I'm feeling in this thread towards it makes me a little hesitant. And I agree on Sonic being 800 points, just seems like that's what it should of been in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was all set to get Radskulls, until reading the comments in this thread. Now I'm not 100% on it anymore.

[quote name='GlassAgate']What, the OP removed the XBLA release of the Gottlieb Collection.
NOOO! Don't give up hope, just yet.[/QUOTE]

I was looking forward to that too, but I gave up hope and got the PS2 version. Makes sense for me since I already have the Williams Collection on there as well.

Ah I gave in and got the 2 lips dlc on sale. Already spent 4,080 ms points so far damn. Anyways, if anyone is interested there is a free dlc song for lips "Donuts, Go Nuts!" (from splosion man) as performed by Matt "chainsaw" Chaney and it's only 4.50 mb in file size.

Once again xbox.com goes haywire with the DoTW update. Was hoping they would accidentily drop the price on some stuff but it looks like they just linked off to a bunch of full price items. Got all excited when I saw Alien Homonid HD on the list. Oh well.

I've been playing DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue (bought during the EA sale in January) and my save glitched. Now I can't finish or complete the game. To make things worse, I paid full price for the DLC just before attempting to fight the final boss. If I had known about the glitch, I wouldn't have paid the extra $3 for the DLC of a broken game. I've been reading up on the glitch and it looks like EA isn't going to bother fixing it. Also, it seems that the glitch might be avoidable but I'm past the point of no return.

*gives the middle finger to EA*

[quote name='emg28']I've been playing DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue (bought during the EA sale in January) and my save glitched. Now I can't finish or complete the game. To make things worse, I paid full price for the DLC just before attempting to fight the final boss. If I had known about the glitch, I wouldn't have paid the extra $3 for the DLC of a broken game. I've been reading up on the glitch and it looks like EA isn't going to bother fixing it. Also, it seems that the glitch might be avoidable but I'm past the point of no return.

*gives the middle fimger to EA*[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, that sucks. I don't own the game, but I do own the first Deathspank. If I liked it, I was going to get the 2nd game. Now I'm afraid to.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You know what game hasn't gone on sale again in a long time and should so I can buy it? The Maw.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, if they put the DLC's on sale also. Its a fun game, and easy achievements.
Of course, it would be nice if they'd put "The Sacrifice" L4D DLC on sale as well. The Passing has been on sale twice now.

World of Keflings was a day one purchase for me. The addition of local multiplayer and the overall improvements to speed up the tedious parts were big improvements.

The humor is great as well. Anyone on the fence, or who just wants a game you can relax and play, should grab it at this price.

Raskulls and World of Keflings - Alright!

Will constantly fight about Sonic and more than likely cave. I'm really weak. *sigh

[quote name='utopianmachine']Holy crap, that sucks. I don't own the game, but I do own the first Deathspank. If I liked it, I was going to get the 2nd game. Now I'm afraid to.[/QUOTE]

I own both and did not run in to the fairly well known show stopping bug. There's info out there though to be able to fix it if you see the warning signs. Looking it up doesn't show too many spoilers if you're careful.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You know what game hasn't gone on sale again in a long time and should so I can buy it? The Maw.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for Ancients of Ooga...has yet to go on sale.

I'm thinking the same for Braid.

[quote name='drawingboard']Agreed, if they put the DLC's on sale also. Its a fun game, and easy achievements.
Of course, it would be nice if they'd put "The Sacrifice" L4D DLC on sale as well. The Passing has been on sale twice now.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree on the LFD2 DLC. I'm not buying it until it's on sale. If it ever goes on sale, I'll most likely buy it for LFD2 and LFD1 just because I'm an achievement whore. So if it's ever 50% off, I'll buy it twice and end up paying the same price. :lol: I'm so smart. :roll:

I bought the Maw when it was on sale, but haven't played it yet. I should probably get around to that before some other arcade games if there's easy achievements like you said. :)

[quote name='utopianmachine']Holy crap, that sucks. I don't own the game, but I do own the first Deathspank. If I liked it, I was going to get the 2nd game. Now I'm afraid to.[/QUOTE]

I bought both DeathSpanks when they went on sale and played through them both back to back. I apparantly missed this game killing glitch on my own and I would easily recommend the 2nd if you enjoyed the first. Since you are already aware of the glitch (I wasn't) I would just read up on how ot avoid it and do so. It sounds like it's not like Brutal Legend on PS3-I was @99% when I hit the save game fails to load glitch (which I was unaware of or I would have bought the 360 version) which is NOT avoidable and is completely random (occurs anytime when you are above 80% complete)-and can still be avoided whithout much effort. Though I would definitely wait for the next sale on it if you're in no rush.

Also Major posted this morning that the DoTW will now be posted on Tuesdays instead of Mondays. That's a terrible disappointment for me as Mondays are my day off and I liked being able to look forward to possibly getting a new arcade game on Mondays. Oh well.

IIRC, Best Buy clearances are YMMV, but since arcade compilation discs are listed at the top of the thread, I thought I'd mention I found the Konami Classics Vol. 2 disc for $6.99 (down from $14.99) at my local Best Buy over the weekend. Hope others are as lucky.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Yeah, the reviews in this thread have totally turned me off Raskulls. Infuriating games are not a win.[/QUOTE]

After giving the trial a try, I have to say my appetite is whetted even more by the comments. If a 2D action platformer doesn't make me want to throw the controller at some point, it hasn't done its job. ;)

Along those lines, I wonder if Microsoft / Rare will release the original Battletoads in some form for XBLA. I never did beat the NES version, and it can be legitimately marketed as one of the toughest games ever released.

I'd get behind that if it means the DLC goes on sale as well. Finished off the main game achievements for Defense Grid over the weekend, wouldn't mind seeing that DLC get a drop. Only 80 points each, but I know if I got them, they'll go on sale shortly after.

Maybe they finally noticed the person doing the switch had trouble coming in on time on Mondays.

Good, thing you guys mentioned it, because I thought I was going crazy when I saw Tuesday's date.

[quote name='Bloomy']IIRC, Best Buy clearances are YMMV, but since arcade compilation discs are listed at the top of the thread, I thought I'd mention I found the Konami Classics Vol. 2 disc for $6.99 (down from $14.99) at my local Best Buy over the weekend. Hope others are as lucky.[/QUOTE]

Was that a special store clearance, or did it actually ring up as $6.99 automatically?

Hey, so I just clicked on Deal of the Week on xbox.com for fun and it is showing Guitar Hero III, Sonic Unleashed, Halo 3, The Force Unleashed, Fable II, Banjo Kazooie: N and B, Skate 2, Ratatouille, and Resident Evil 5.

Maybe some incoming discounts on these games on demand? No mention of what the discount might be yet.

Edit: nevermind, it was just telling me to buy the games to hold me over until they actually have a deal up >

[quote name='GlassAgate']What, the OP removed the XBLA release of the Gottlieb Collection.
NOOO! Don't give up hope, just yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to hope that it got pulled from release so they could do more than just make it HD and call it a day. Maybe they're going to work on improving it. Wishful thinking, but there you go. :)

I've been waiting as well. Here's my suggestion. Since we have waited this long what's a little longer, right? I'll bet that they have a TwistedPixel studios sale for DoTW when Ms. Splosion Man comes out. Good time to pick up The Maw and Comic Jumper if the price is right. I'm in no hurry and I think this would be a good move on Microsoft's part. A good way to get just a little more attention for a game they obviously like. Just a thought.

[quote name='waxHead']Was that a special store clearance, or did it actually ring up as $6.99 automatically?[/QUOTE]

Would that show on the receipt? I wasn't watching the register to see how it rung up. The card on the shelf had the $6.99 price marked as clearance down from $14.99.

[quote name='Bloomy']After giving the trial a try, I have to say my appetite is whetted even more by the comments. If a 2D action platformer doesn't make me want to throw the controller at some point, it hasn't done its job. ;)[/QUOTE]

You do have a point there. I really enjoyed the trial, and at 400 points, it might be worth the frustration (especially since that would be another purchase toward 5% back at the end of the month).

[quote name='Bloomy']Would that show on the receipt? I wasn't watching the register to see how it rung up. The card on the shelf had the $6.99 price marked as clearance down from $14.99.[/QUOTE]

It might show as an override, but I found it for that price recently too... did it have a sticker on it (like red/blue/yellow dot with "50% off" handwritten?)-- many times stores still use that and hope the cashiers notice.

It rang up automatically at 6.99 for me.. no override needed.

[quote name='Justin42']It might show as an override, but I found it for that price recently too... did it have a sticker on it (like red/blue/yellow dot with "50% off" handwritten?)-- many times stores still use that and hope the cashiers notice.

It rang up automatically at 6.99 for me.. no override needed.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it did not have a sticker. Can check tonight after I get home from work.

Update : There's no sticker on the package. The receipt has the 6.99 price, and underneath the item name is "REG $14.99 8.00 CLEARANCE DISC".

[quote name='Justin42']It might show as an override, but I found it for that price recently too... did it have a sticker on it (like red/blue/yellow dot with "50% off" handwritten?)-- many times stores still use that and hope the cashiers notice.

It rang up automatically at 6.99 for me.. no override needed.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, Volume 1 rang up as $14.99 at my BB - it's definitely YMMV. If someone grabs an extra of either volume (or both), please check my trade list for it.

[quote name='Bloomy']

Along those lines, I wonder if Microsoft / Rare will release the original Battletoads in some form for XBLA. I never did beat the NES version, and it can be legitimately marketed as one of the toughest games ever released.
[/QUOTE]

hell yeah Battletoads was AWESOME!

There is a sale going on for Xbox Original games and it lasts for a week, all of these are 33% off (800 ms points each)

Burnout 3: Takedown
Black
Fuzion Frenzy
Halo: Combat Evolved
Fable
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Stubbs The Zombie
Grabbed By The Ghoulies

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I've been waiting as well. Here's my suggestion. Since we have waited this long what's a little longer, right? I'll bet that they have a TwistedPixel studios sale for DoTW when Ms. Splosion Man comes out. Good time to pick up The Maw and Comic Jumper if the price is right. I'm in no hurry and I think this would be a good move on Microsoft's part. A good way to get just a little more attention for a game they obviously like. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

I recently got Comic Jumper from a CAG for $8, so the only thing left from this studio I'm interested in is The Maw. A Twisted Pixel sale would be downright awesome!

[quote name='intoxicated662']There is a sale going on for Xbox Original games and it lasts for a week, all of these are 33% off (800 ms points each)

Black
Fuzion Frenzy
Fable
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Stubbs The Zombie
Grabbed By The Ghoulies[/QUOTE]

I would definitely snag Black for 400 msp. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I already own Max Payne 1 & 2, Halo, GTA, Fable, and Stubbs the Zombie.

Still, it is nice to see these games on sale.

[quote name='Kaltic']I would definitely snag Black for 400 msp. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I already own Max Payne 1 & 2, Halo, GTA, Fable, and Stubbs the Zombie.

Still, it is nice to see these games on sale.[/QUOTE]

Aren't they 800 each?

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Aren't they 800 each?[/QUOTE]

Well most, if not all, of them are normally 1200 if that is what you were talking about.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']You have tried the demo, haven't you?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, still on the fence, the demo was great but too short to decide. I think as of now I'm going to pass on it at $10, I think I would have to get a $20 card and there is nothing else I want.

[quote name='intoxicated662']There is a sale going on for Xbox Original games and it lasts for a week, all of these are 33% off (800 ms points each)

Black
Fuzion Frenzy
Fable
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Stubbs The Zombie
Grabbed By The Ghoulies[/QUOTE]

I wish Dreamfall: The longest Journey would have made the sale. That is the one original I really would like to pick up.

[quote name='carldisc']I wish Dreamfall: The longest Journey would have made the sale. That is the one original I really would like to pick up.[/QUOTE]
When are they going to release the third of this series, if ever? I'm not into this style of game normally but dreamfall was awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back