XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='luminaria']The St. Patty's Day Deal of the Week has got to be one of the worst ever.[/QUOTE]
I Think when DotW first started there was a week where it was JUST avatar items on sale. I Dare say that was one of the worse.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's the word on Battle Of Los Angeles? I didn't realize it was out on Friday...the XBLA game that is, not the movie.[/QUOTE]

Here's someone's review from a few pages back:
[quote name='louiedog']I just played the demo for Battle: Los Angeles. It sucks. It's a single-player only FPS. The controls aren't very good. It doesn't look or sound good. The cut scene art/animation sucks. The enemy AI is awful. The grenades are only useful for blowing up cars. The walking speed is painfully slow and sprinting only lasts about 12 feet before it has to recharge. The demo was very short, so maybe the game is too and they don't want you sprinting through it in 45 minutes. The demo doesn't show off anything interesting. It's just you walking around shooting enemies with a squad who don't do anything. I wouldn't even bother with the 1 gig download to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Adventure was the Family Gold Pack Deal (I'm not sure of the wording since I'm not in that group) I guess it's over, I think I need to retool the OP a bit to include that deal.

Can someone on a Family Gold Pack check their dash for the next deal?

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a deal for Halo: Reach noble map pack this week considering there's new dlc being released tomorrow.

I'm actually thinking a new map pack will reignite my interest in Reach. However, I held out on the first one up until now, I will purchase the Noble pack when it's on sale.

[quote name='benjamouth']Is it, I have 14400 in my account right now, did you mean 100,000 ?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was 10,000 guess I was wrong =p. That's the amount I had when I was told I couldn't redeem anymore.

Regarding Sonic Adventure, don't judge it by the reviews. The game is great except for the Mr. Big levels.

[quote name='clickpow']
Regarding Sonic Adventure, don't judge it by the reviews. The game is great except for the Mr. Big levels.[/QUOTE]

You mean Big the Cat. And yes those fishing levels were horrible.

Sonic 4: Episode I March 22 - March 27 800

Arcade Four-Play
A World of Keflings March 29 - April 3 400 (50% off)
Worms 2: Armageddon March 29 - April 3 200 (50% off)
Worms 2: Battle Pack March 29 - April 3 400 (50% off)
Raskulls March 29 - April 3 400 (50% off)

edit: In addition to Reach that was talked about above, it looks like Batman: Arkham Asylum is getting a price drop today. $40>$30

Was just coming in to post that. Sooo sweet! I'll definitely be getting A World of Keflings. Maybe even Raskulls at that price. I'm blown away those are on sale so soon!

Oh, and I already have ilomilo. Weren't there little bonuses if you got all three of those games?

New Coming to XBLA Marketplace post by Major Nelson

Next week (22nd - 27th), Sonic 4 will be 800 points, discounted from 1,200.

29th - April 3rd, it's World of Keflings (400), Worms 2: Armageddon (200), Worms 2: Battle Pack (400), & Raskulls (400).

Think I'll get Seisou Kouki Strania, seeing as it's a shmup, & try the demo for Rush 'n' Attack Ex-Patriot.

So yay, I'm getting a dollar back from the Reward program this month of 5% back after getting Beyond Good & Evil HD & Seisou Kouki Strania...

[quote name='utopianmachine']Was just coming in to post that. Sooo sweet! I'll definitely be getting A World of Keflings. Maybe even Raskulls at that price. I'm blown away those are on sale so soon!

Oh, and I already have ilomilo. Weren't there little bonuses if you got all three of those games?[/QUOTE]

There are crossovers in the games. In World of Keflings you get Raskull and ilo and milo Keflings. In Raskulls you can use a Kefling or ilo/milo as your character. In ilomilo you can wear Kefling and Raskull costumes.

[quote name='louiedog']There are crossovers in the games. In World of Keflings you get Raskull and ilo and milo Keflings. In Raskulls you can use a Kefling or ilo/milo as your character. In ilomilo you can wear Kefling and Raskull costumes.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty great. Looking forward to these little goodies. :D

[quote name='louiedog']
Raskulls March 29 - April 3 400 (50% off)[/QUOTE]
Crazy how two of the three Games for the Holidays releases are already 50% off.

[quote name='seanr1221']So Ilomilo, the only game from the group I don't have, doesn't go on sale. fuck :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, seems kinda surprising to sell two out of three of those games. Not that they're together, but well, they kinda are.

[quote name='NoDAK']Crazy how two of the three Games for the Holidays releases are already 50% off.[/QUOTE]

I think I've been seeing a trend where games go on sale after launch a little faster than they used to. I like it. :D

Sooo, Comic Jumper. Go on sale, why don't you.

[quote name='louiedog']Sonic 4: Episode I March 22 - March 27 800

Arcade Four-Play
Worms 2: Armageddon March 29 - April 3 200 (50% off)
Worms 2: Battle Pack March 29 - April 3 400 (50% off)
Raskulls March 29 - April 3 400 (50% off)[/QUOTE]

Now that's more like it. There's a very good chance I will be buying all 4 of those. Particularly interested in Raskulls since I've enjoyed the heck out of all of Half Brick Studio's iPhone games. It is a shame ilomilo isn't on sale with the rest. I guess too many people bought it at full price to warrant a discount this soon.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Sooo, Comic Jumper. Go on sale, why don't you.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I think I've been seeing a trend where games go on sale after launch a little faster than they used to. I like it. :D

Sooo, Comic Jumper. Go on sale, why don't you.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale ;)

Already have Sonic 4 (it's not as bad as some people are saying, but 800 is a much more reasonable price).

Definitely in for Raskulls and A World of Keflings.

[quote name='mokmoof']Any opinions on Worms 2: Armageddon? Is it worth snagging at that price, or should I just wait for Worms Reloaded to go on sale?

Edit: Also, isn't 400 the regular price for the Battle Pack?
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battle-Pack/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-000258410912

Did the prices for the pack and the base game maybe get switched there?[/QUOTE]

They definitely got switched; the game at 400pts and the add-on for 200pts is 50% off respectively. I'd recommend the game for 400 pts (I picked it up the last time it went on sale.) It's a great change-of-pace game to play with friends.

Looking forward to Keflings and Raskulls at 1/2-price.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']No word yet on this week's Windows Phone 7 deal?[/QUOTE]
Wrong thread. There's a Windows Phone 7 thread somewhere around here (probably buried deep). reddjoey decided to not include those deals in this thread (as it should be).

In for A World of Keflings and the Worms 2 Battle pack. I'll have to play the demo for Raskulls before making a decision on it.

[quote name='crunchewy']$50 for a download??? That's crazy. Why would anyone do that?[/QUOTE]

Why is anyone paying even $40 - 30 - 20 for any of the GoD games? As anyone who frequents this forum, we all know the games typically can be found at around 1/2 those prices complete with cases, manuals and re-sellablility.

Good news on Keflings and Raskulls. Gotta make sure I buy during the last three days in March to qualify for the 5% back rewards dealie.

[quote name='emg28']Wrong thread. There's a Windows Phone 7 thread somewhere around here (probably buried deep). reddjoey decided to not include those deals in this thread (as it should be).

In for A World of Keflings and the Worms 2 Battle pack. I'll have to play the demo for Raskulls before making a decision on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I asked because it's buried so deep. Figured I might have some luck here.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Why is anyone paying even $40 - 30 - 20 for any of the GoD games? As anyone who frequents this forum, we all know the games typically can be found at around 1/2 those prices complete with cases, manuals and re-sellablility.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who frequents the free stuff forum knows that it's possible to get free points from time to time. $20 in free points for a game is better than $10 from my bank account. Some of us don't care about cases or what passes for manuals these days. A lot of $20 games aren't worth a whole lot after ebay fees or when trading in.

I completely understand why people want the retail version, but there are completely valid reasons to get these games.

Raskulls was interesting but fucking hard. Once I got the Raskull avatar helmet I promptly deleted the game off my HDD. Too many damn frustrating hours with that evil evil game.

Jeez, I can't even go by dog food without having to update the OP. :D Didn't expect a bog post from MajorNelson since he's on vacation.

I'm updating the OP. I'm going to change it up a bit and move some stuff around, b/c people are complaining that they are "not seeing" deals.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Raskulls was interesting but fucking hard. Once I got the Raskull avatar helmet I promptly deleted the game off my HDD. Too many damn frustrating hours with that evil evil game.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. What got hard about it? I played the demo and didn't find it too hard, but I'm not a big fan of games that require you to race through a stage.

I may end up only getting World of Keflings. Not sure.

[quote name='reddjoey']Jeez, I can't even go by dog food without having to update the OP. :D Didn't expect a bog post from MajorNelson since he's on vacation.[/QUOTE]

Your job is to sit on CAG and be ready to update the OP at all times. I thought you knew that. :bouncy:

[quote name='utopianmachine']Ouch. What got hard about it? I played the demo and didn't find it too hard, but I'm not a big fan of games that require you to race through a stage.

I may end up only getting World of Keflings. Not sure.
[/QUOTE]

Some of the races and timed stages can get quite difficult as the game progresses. You can often recover in the races, but in the timed stages making one mistake is likely to mean a restart. Finishing the story isn't too bad, but 100%ing the game or even finishing every level will take a lot of retries.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Your job is to sit on CAG and be ready to update the OP at all times. I thought you knew that. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No kidding - I keep refreshing it and don't see any updates, what's the deal?? :lol:

reddjoey, you're doing a great job - thank you for the continued effort to keep it updated w/ the latest sales and price drops, I've picked up a bunch of games already b/c of this thread and plan to pick up a ton more in the coming months.

As always, I already have all those xbla games going on sale but do recommend buying them. Kinda feel jipped paying full price for them since it's hard to find online matches but hope this improves that. Ilomilo is a game I want to go on same like others. Lesson learned, no more buying games & launch even though the last game I did buy like that was in Xmas haha.

[quote name='reddjoey']Jeez, I can't even go by dog food without having to update the OP. :D Didn't expect a bog post from MajorNelson since he's on vacation.[/QUOTE]I guess Major Nelson is vacationing somewhere swampy? :lol:

Thanks for the jokes and patience guys/gals. It keeps me positive about doing this thread.

I adjusted the OP a bit so all the sales are in the first post. As always, I am open to reasonable suggestions to improve the thread.

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess Major Nelson is vacationing somewhere swampy? :lol:[/QUOTE]

:roll: I'm horrible about posting without proofreading. Half the OP edits are me adjusting typos.

[quote name='spectreon']The reason Sonic Adventure was on sale ( and Yu-Gi-Oh last month, and other stuff previous months) is because its the XBL Family Gold Deal of the Month. I think its only visible on the blade if you have a Live Family Gold account, but XBL Marketplace cant tell the difference between a normal Gold account and a Family Gold account so anyone with Gold gets the sale price. Its also why some of these seemingly random deals appear unadvertised and last for 2 weeks or longer.

Just an observation I made after switching to a Family Gold plan last month I thought I'd share[/QUOTE]

Can you update me on if there is a new sale there? (As an aside) I want to switch to a Family Plan, but I am reluctant after reading about some issues they are still having with child/adult accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mokmoof']Any opinions on Worms 2: Armageddon? Is it worth snagging at that price, or should I just wait for Worms Reloaded to go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Worms 2 is a great buy for that price. I bought it at full-price because I loved the first one so much.

I'm thinking about getting the Battle Pack but I wonder if it's worth it. Does anyone have it and if so, is it worth it? I don't care much for the single-player challenges but I'm curious to know how the weapons and voices add to the game. I love the voices in W2.

That Sonic price is quite disappointing. Though at this rate, I don't see any more episodes being released. Doesn't seem like Episode 1 is selling well with all these sales. I know I won't be buying any time soon. World of Keflings will be mine though. I never bought Kingdom when it was on sale and I regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back