XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EarthKing']Since when is $15 the standard price for these games? lol[/QUOTE]

Two to three years from now people will look back and ask "Remember when XBLA games only cost $15?" ;)

Okay, I think I got almost all the updates done. I'm not going to put up metacritic links, or quick looks for those old map packs, since I can't imagine anyone needs that info.

Thanks to Redeema for the price update

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Wow.

Can someone refresh some of us on how you were able to get Xbox Points Card for only $5 at Target?

How long ago was this?

:hot:[/QUOTE]

target had the 1600 point cards on sale for $15 and they also had a $10 off any xbox 360 accessory coupon floating around. some people were able to get the coupon to work on the point cards and others weren't.

Was a bit disappointed in both Outrun and Dishwasher. Outrun for not being as awesome as After Burner Climax and Dishwasher for being just really cheap. Thinking about picking up more points as I only have 400 left but nothing interests me too much.

Arkadian Warriors still interests me after the gross demo, Assault Heroes for 200 and maybe a L4D DLC, or wait for EA sales. Dunno.

Wouldn't be surprised if everything in the House Party promotion is 1200.

Wouldn't be surprised if everything in the House Party promotion is discounted after only a short time.

I tried the trials of Outrun, Assault Heroes 1 & 2 and Arcadia. Bought Assault Heroes 1 as it seems pretty fun and worth 200 msp. Going to skip the others.

For those wondering about Arkadian Warriors , the last time it was on sale was the 2008 holiday sale. For 400 points I'd say its worth it. It's fun (in small doses) and pretty easy on the achievements (although it does require a bit of grinding).

Thinking about getting the DJ Hero DLC , not so sure about the Guitar Hero DLC though. Don't know if I wanna have two sets of music DLC for Rock Band and Guitar Hero , although as least now the newer DLC for Guitar Hero is compatible with multiple Guitar Hero games (ie: WT and 5 and BH DLC is compatible with WoR right?). Any thoughts on the matter?

Another question , although I don't know if anyone will know the answer. Say I decide to try to boost for the multiplayer achievements for CoD3. Would buying the map packs be beneficial to me in that regard at all or not really.

[quote name='chipper_95']lol ahh yes. the $5 1600 point cards at target were by far the best deal i have ever gotten on microsoft points. i got like 10 or 15 of them. i can't believe you still have points left from that. i used all those points that same year if not less time than that. i got the linkin park 6 pack for rock band today as well. i hope it will be fun.[/QUOTE]

LOL hell yeah, I was wondering if anyone else would remember that deal. I bought 15-20 of them and I'm just now finishing them up. If you read this thread, you're probably like me and pretty much never ever buy DLC at full price. But 2 years ago I was buying Rockband DLC at full price like crazy. Today when I spent $29 was the most I spent on music DLC in a while.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']LOL hell yeah, I was wondering if anyone else would remember that deal. I bought 15-20 of them and I'm just now finishing them up. If you read this thread, you're probably like me and pretty much never ever buy DLC at full price. But 2 years ago I was buying Rockband DLC at full price like crazy. Today when I spent $29 was the most I spent on music DLC in a while.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i still remember that deal XD. (Coincidentally i brought Outrun Arcade with some of those points), i got like 20kish MS points. Though, i felt bad for the guy who sold them to me, i think he got fired for overriding the coupon

[quote name='dgwillia006']LOL, i still remember that deal XD. (Coincidentally i brought Outrun Arcade with some of those points), i got like 20kish MS points. Though, i felt bad for the guy who sold them to me, i think he got fired for overriding the coupon

in for Arkadian Warriors and Assault Heroes 1, been waiting for Arkadian Warriors since i missed the last sale years ago, lol. Still debating on Outrun Arcade.... I wish we knew what EA will have on sale ahead of time.

[quote name='Thrinn']The Crackdown 2 DLC looks like it's back to full price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I trimmed down that sale.

[quote name='StarKnightX'].... although as least now the newer DLC for Guitar Hero is compatible with multiple Guitar Hero games (ie: WT and 5 and BH DLC is compatible with WoR right?). Any thoughts on the matter?

.....[/QUOTE]

I added compatibility notes on the sale page. If anyone noticed anything wrong feel free to correct me.

Wow, why am I only NOW learning that Outrun Online Arcade is 1/2 off? My friend & I have been waiting for that to be on sale so we could buy it before it was removed.

[quote name='Zonic505']Wow, why am I only NOW learning that Outrun Online Arcade is 1/2 off? My friend & I have been waiting for that to be on sale so we could buy it before it was removed.[/QUOTE]

Hi friend. :lol:

I didn't know about this either. I'll be getting this for sure!

Edit: Also, Boogie Bunnies is back up to 800 MS points. It was 500 points for a little while after the Destination: Arcade beta ended but not anymore. Finally it can be removed...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']Torchlight isnt co-op? Damn idk where I thought that. Maybe the 2nd one has it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Torchlight 2 features co-op.

Torchlight at 1200 points seems like the right price, no co-op is a missed opportunity, but this is one XBLA I am really looking forward to, I played a bit of it on my PC, but it will be nice to play some on the xbox.

[quote name='teknomedic']Has anyone gotten an update on the Offspring DLC from Harmonix or Live support?[/QUOTE]

They both just kept saying "they are looking into it". It apparently takes a lot of work to lower the price of DLC 200 points. We are now at an ironic point as all the other DLC SHOULDN'T be on sale anymore (the sale was supposed to go till the 11th) but it still is, yet the Offspring which was supposed to be on sale this whole time is now the only DLC that is technically at the price point it should be at according to Harmonix (full price). :applause:

The DJ Hero deals are awesome cause I just scored both like two days ago. Kinda sad that the Dance Party Mix isn't on sale, but still got all the ones on sale!

Is it strange that I scoffed at CoD 2 and 3 mappacks being in the Activisions sale but I'm praying for Skate 2 and 3 DLC in the EA sale?

Man, I missed out on the Rock band sale by 1 day, and I just recently won 1600 points. I don't have the newer GH games. Nonetheless, thanks OP.

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, I missed out on the Rock band sale by 1 day, and I just recently won 1600 points. I don't have the newer GH games. Nonetheless, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

They are still on sale as of this post.

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, I missed out on the Rock band sale by 1 day, and I just recently won 1600 points. I don't have the newer GH games. Nonetheless, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm still seeing them on sale

Thank you! I was able to get the Weezer and Oasis packs for half price. Would've grabbed Rush as well, but I needed 800 of my 1600 points to export the RB2 song list.

[quote name='Matt Young']Thank you! I was able to get the Weezer and Oasis packs for half price. Would've grabbed Rush as well, but I needed 800 of my 1600 points to export the RB2 song list.[/QUOTE]

Shoulda bought Rush and postponed the export, since it is unlikely the price of that will be going down... I know it's too late for my 2 cents, but there you go :)

[quote name='Stephan123']Mirrors Edge DLC I hope[/QUOTE]

I want that too
smile.gif

[quote name='reddjoey']Looks like the RB stuff is still showing up on sale[/QUOTE]And the Offspring Pack is still at 440MSP. :bomb:

[quote name='reddjoey']Looks like the RB stuff is still showing up on sale[/QUOTE]

And the Offspring still isn't. :lol: Guess we learned something about xbox live with this one, sales must have to be planned out WAAAAY in advance judging by how hard of a time they had lowering a price on the offspring DLC when they missed it.

Bought Assault heroes, seemed like a good pick up and play now and then for only 200 points. Could tell I wouldn't be into it enough to warrant having both though. I got maybe 3 minutes into arkadia warriors before quitting. That may not be a quality demo of the game, but well... it may not be the worst game I've played but I can't remember a worse one I've played recently and had no interest in chancing it.

Still debating the Left 4 Dead DLC's.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Offspring is way over-rated, think we should just drop the pricing on it already and let it be instead of crapping the thread. Any news on next week's dotw?[/QUOTE]

Read the first post of the thread. It is listed.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']And the Offspring still isn't. :lol: Guess we learned something about xbox live with this one, sales must have to be planned out WAAAAY in advance judging by how hard of a time they had lowering a price on the offspring DLC when they missed it.

Bought Assault heroes, seemed like a good pick up and play now and then for only 200 points. Could tell I wouldn't be into it enough to warrant having both though. I got maybe 3 minutes into arkadia warriors before quitting. That may not be a quality demo of the game, but well... it may not be the worst game I've played but I can't remember a worse one I've played recently and had no interest in chancing it.

Still debating the Left 4 Dead DLC's.[/QUOTE]

I can echo the earlier sentiments. I like Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 enough to have purchased the DLC's for both when they went on sale previously, and I enjoy them. The Passing is definitely the greater value for what is given though. The Mutations game type will give you additional value since new game types are created every other week or so.

If you're a fan of the game, I'd be honestly surprised if you couldn't get 240 Microsoft Points ($3 or less) of enjoyment out of this.

[quote name='fei33']If you're a fan of the game, I'd be honestly surprised if you couldn't get 240 Microsoft Points ($3 or less) of enjoyment out of this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback. I actually haven't played either game yet. (I know, I know). I just got them both for like $5 each right after Thanksgiving and haven't had time. My main debate was the EA sale coming up, and whether or not I'd want to have to buy more points, but I was leaning towards it and then I just found out two of my friends with the games bought them both, so this is pretty much a buy...

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I just realized both DeathSpank games are EA, those better be on sale, for 600msp each ;)[/QUOTE]

I just got excited about this sale lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back